Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyoyeon's lines in check

"No foreigners allowed" into EXO's comeback show

As you may know, EXO's comeback is today and massive swarms of Exotics have been camped outside of M!Countdown since before 8 AM.

However, after waiting outside for 6-12 hours, all foreigners were suddenly kicked out and told the show was essentially Korean-only.

This girl traveled all the way from Europe only to get the proverbial door slammed in her face because she wasn't Korean.

R9O0Jmk.png

I'm not an Exotic but I'm pressed because Korea needs to stop going on about their supposed "hallyu wave" when they only care about international fans for the sake of domestic glory.

They film every non-Asian fan in the audience at their concerts like we're some sort of exotic animal, but then proceed to engage in racist skits, blackface, xenophobia, and Korean-only practices at home.

Similar stuff has happened with the SNSD fandom where K-Scones look down at international fans as "roaches".

I just don't understand why they don't treat international fans with respect considering we're the reason the "hallyu" bullshit even exists.

At some point, enough will be enough and international fans won't bother anymore. Good luck Korea if that happens.

Same old bullshit. They want our money and support, but they don't really want us there.

it8NksNk74LVl.gif

c0dwg6ke2rbv0pajnvse.gif

And to think how many foreigners go to Korea just for kpop, defend Korea everywhere as if their life depended on it...

how sad exo wouldn't even be shit if it wasnt for their foreign fans

This is really upsetting. I feel really sorry for the dedicated foreign fans that went through that.

I would cuss the staff out with what little Korean I know. Waiting 13 hours the getting kicked out is a bitch. Tbh I think if anything international fans should get treated equally if not better because they make a huge effort just to get to Korea And deal with the language difference.

this is absurd..

i feel bad for the foreign fans

i agree with OP

lawl Korea
Prides itself on Hallyu
Hates everything international in Korea  :derp: 

Aside from that, wasn't there a recent posting about how Music Shows were starting to contemplate banning foreigners from attending the show because of unruly behavior?  Might've been a comeback show but don't quote me on that  :derp:

Ironic because half of EXO are Foreigners... Are they gonna get kicked out too?

Post of the week. Let's write a petition to mnet and SME.

If this is true...

I don't see why they complain when others are discriminatory against them. Hypocrites.

Why would they want to discriminate against foreigners though? Not only is that totally unfair, that makes no sense considering how much they want to be more well known in other countries. In a business mindset, this is just plain stupid.

I would slap those who kicked me out for not being Korean.