Photo
- - - - -

MR MR

snsd sones sone girls generation jessica jessica jung golden stars OT9

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 the great jung

the great jung

Jessica/SinB > Your favs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

This is the most underrated song in SNSD korean catelouge i feel. For some reason it does not recieve the same love as their releases before it. The vocals were strong, the dance break was fantastic. Jessica with the ...you bad bad bad boy you so bad ahmagahplz.png   The MV itself also was pretty damn cool, seeing the girls dressed up as nurses (but not really) and suits. 

After the epic dance breaks, ears are truly blessed , as the oh ,ni ape, leads into the crazy Tiffany scream. Followed by Jessicas , oh you areeeeeeee   MR MR,into Taeyeons oooooooooooooh. rlytearpls.png Their voices match so perfectly in this song,and the blending of the Tiffany/Taeyeon/Jessica after the dance break is pure goosebumps. 

It is my favourite korean release. And is rarely talked about in this manner. The dance,the vocals, the break, the slayage,the looks.....you dont get much better than thisrlytearpls.png

Oh and the live stages were a blast to watch too, SNSD in suits, SNSD in dresses lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAhZWPMOtnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcvzxvkSTvo

NAL BWA!!!!!!!!!!

#2 WonderfulOnce

WonderfulOnce

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

I loved their suit-dress outfit~ It was adorable!

#3 Thug Maknae

Thug Maknae

Schemer Extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

That dance break with the ties, hats, and jeans in black and white still slays me to this day. It's also one of the few songs to pull off not one but two key changes well.

#4 ninedaysqueen

ninedaysqueen

Doo Doom Chick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:10 PM

Mr Mr was my first SNSD comeback as a SONE and I'll never forget it. It was released when I was living in Italy and the MV was released when I was on a trip to Barcelona. 

It's one of my favourites and it'll always have a place in my heart

#5 Iceprince

Iceprince

JB's husband

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Mr Mr is a masterpiece

#6 selectsupport

selectsupport

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Everyone looked amazing during this era

Still annoyed SM lost half the MV.

That part where they were dancing in the underground car park would have been so good! 

#7 GG10

GG10

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

I love this song so much. Definitely one of my top 3 for their Korean title track releases.

#8 Forever_Ahgase

Forever_Ahgase

HOTTEST ~ AHGASE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:04 PM (Edited by Forever_Ahgase, 20 March 2017 - 07:05 PM.)

Omg that performance at Music Bank is one of my favorites. Those outfits were THE BEST!

#9 kimchidiablo

kimchidiablo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Contrary to popular opinions, I love it so much. It has edgy instrumental but accompanied with SNSD's long lost harmonization a la Hoot, Genie & RDR. The build to the climax tho then they deliver some belting.

Mr Mr >>>>>>> any SNSD comeback song for me

#10 the great jung

the great jung

Jessica/SinB > Your favs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

Contrary to popular opinions, I love it so much. It has edgy instrumental but accompanied with SNSD's long lost harmonization a la Hoot, Genie & RDR. The build to the climax tho then they deliver some belting.

Mr Mr >>>>>>> any SNSD comeback song for me

Yep its incredible the ending with Tiffany belting the scream and jessica/tae doing their thing ahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png rlytearpls.png  Ahhhh greatness. I really dont get the criticisms with this song, it pretty much has everything SNSD is known for in it. 

#11 kimchidiablo

kimchidiablo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Yep its incredible the ending with Tiffany belting the scream and jessica/tae doing their thing :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :rlytearpls:  Ahhhh greatness. I really dont get the criticisms with this song, it pretty much has everything SNSD is known for in it.

I think it's too dark & complex (not to mention that the song has a 'sad' vocal melody) for people that expect SNSD to do a brighter & easier concept. But it's actually so good. If only SM didn't mess up the promotion and MV....

#12 rainfalling

rainfalling

Idol

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

i loved MR  MR, so many ppl seemed to have hated it though!!! i loved the MV, the styling, omg the black and pink dress outfits were amazing... i just wish they hadn't lost the mv footage of the girls wearing the fancy dresses :(

#13 Gung

Gung

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

When I first got into SNSD I watched every perf of Mr. Mr. 

Genuinely have 0 idea why a lot of fans don't like this song ohdearplz.png  But from what I understand this comeback had multiple issues. Even the girls don't seem to remember this song at all. twitch.gif  (Taeyeon on Weekly idol and Sooyoung on that Food show lol)

#14 From Busan...

From Busan...

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

This was the first SNSD comeback that I experienced upon being a SONE. I really loved it! I think it was exceptional. It was still very SNSD but just like what others said, I think it was too edgy for the Korean public to acknowledge that. The Mr. Mr. EP is also my favorite EP! It's just sad that promotions for this was kind of lackluster along with all the SNSD vs 2NE1 drama. The old days...

#15 the great jung

the great jung

Jessica/SinB > Your favs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

I think it's too dark & complex (not to mention that the song has a 'sad' vocal melody) for people that expect SNSD to do a brighter & easier concept. But it's actually so good. If only SM didn't mess up the promotion and MV....

But that just adds to its brilliance, SNSD has slayed all concepts, so those looking for bright /cute, can listen to OH, Gee etc. SNSD challange themselves and that makes them legendary, not just one concept rehashed over and over. 

#16 ERASER

ERASER

Idol

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:54 PM (Edited by ERASER, 20 March 2017 - 11:58 PM.)

Not just the title track, in fact the mini album is the most mature and darkest sound SNSD tried to pull. Lion Heart regressed a lot in term of maturity compared to Mr. mr. mini. But local listeners there didnt buy girl crush concept made by softie group. Fingertip dejavu.

#17 Kami Nana

Kami Nana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

Loved "Mr Mr", though my favorite song on that mini album was, and still is, "Wait a Minute".

#18 Trinity

Trinity

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

i still hate the tts in the middle part of the choreo. twitch.gif  the song is still very meh to me 

#19 johnny_9ss

johnny_9ss

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

It's definitely not my favorite SNSD era, but they all looked absolutely flawless. 

#20 ichimx

ichimx

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

My favourite era honestly❤

Up, Up and Away!