Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Sooyoung

The Girls' Generation Sales Thread - Asia's Best Selling Girl Group Ever! [Under Construction]

Truth tbh

Sooyoung save us.

sooyoung.jpg

If people just bought all the Sooyoung and Hyoyeon copies of IGAB that were left over, it would sell over 400,000+ and wouldn't be victim to shinee's inflation

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

If you want to see where SNSD currently is for yearly sales (thus far)

Yearly Albums

49 60,709 GIRLS’ GENERATION Ⅱ ∼Girls & Peï½ï½ƒï½…∼ UM 12/11/28
少女時代

• Like 1

If you want to see where SNSD currently is for yearly sales (thus far)

Yearly Albums

49 60,709 GIRLS’ GENERATION Ⅱ ∼Girls & Peï½ï½ƒï½…∼ UM 12/11/28少女時代

Not too bad actually. I thought the sales declined way more drastically than that tbh

(Still awful though (anything under 1,400,000 for a Korean digital single, 400,000 for a Korean album, a gold digital certification for a Japanese digital single, 100,000 for a physical single and 300,000 for a Japanese album isn't good enough)

The Boys, Korean and Taiwanese sales have been updated.

ibe7TDwktARWZS.gif

P.S.

When the fuck will the others sell over 600,000+ copies of a Korean album, post the digital boom without a repackage?

*Stares at Super Junior, 2NE1, Big Bang, SHINee etc etc etc* 

Get on the level of the biggest domestic and foreign Korean act, ever. Forever rice-caking your faves to irrelevancy. 

Hwayoung_eunjong_arroz_xiahpop_gif.gif

gurls bring da moneyz out (of my bank account)

Aphasia_Hairography(3).gif

Sis, it isn't 2011 anymore. Not with these flop sales

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Sis, it isn't 2011 anymore. Not with these flop sales

The sales might be flopping but the filthy masses of other peoples' faves will continue to copy Soshi concepts in hopes of capturing some of the â‚©50 000 notes falling from Sooyoung's hair.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

The sales might be flopping but the filthy masses of other peoples' faves will continue to copy Soshi concepts in hopes of capturing some of the â‚©50 000 notes falling from Sooyoung's hair.

Even Soo's hair has went to shit. It isn't a coincidence that when Soo's hair is hot, they sell like a bitch a la 2011 with Mr taxi, the Japanese album, the boys etc

Even Soo's hair has went to shit. It isn't a coincidence that when Soo's hair is hot, they sell like a bitch a la 2011 with Mr taxi, the Japanese album, the boys etc

when will this bangs nightmare be over tbh

tumblr_l5wayqcUu31qam0cl.gif

tumblr_mbt00qlAkR1rs97fco1_500.gif

anyway, #sooyoung2013

• Like 1

when will this bangs nightmare be over tbh

tumblr_l5wayqcUu31qam0cl.gif

tumblr_mbt00qlAkR1rs97fco1_500.gif

anyway, #sooyoung2013

sis who are you on twitter

I'm going to calculate sales by year next week look forward to the tea on their washed up shitty management screwing them into the ground

SM needs to step their game up. I'm not amused with their shit sales this year.

tumblr_mb1doikA8k1roar33o2_250.gif

SM needs to step their game up. I'm not amused with their shit sales this year.

tumblr_mb1doikA8k1roar33o2_250.gif

The digital market in Korea has seen a price increase of 300% and their sales have declined by a third because of it but the physical IGAB sales are 150,000 too low.

Don't get my started on Japan though.

Paparazzi had good sales physically but Oh and Flower Power were awful. Then the album. The Japanese digital market has went to shit too so if anything, as a strong digital seller, SNSD should have been pulling better physical numbers.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

The digital market in Korea has seen a price increase of 300% and their sales have declined by a third because of it but the physical IGAB sales are 150,000 too low.

Don't get my started on Japan though.

Paparazzi had good sales physically but Oh and Flower Power were awful. Then the album. The Japanese digital market has went to shit too so if anything, as a strong digital seller, SNSD should have been pulling better physical numbers.

I thought Flower Power was a limited physical release. So I assumed the numbers were low because no one could find the damn thing in their stores.

Oh! did terrible because of shit promotions. For no good reason either tbh. But I guess it's cause it was a remake too idk.

I thought Flower Power was a limited physical release. So I assumed the numbers were low because no one could find the damn thing in their stores.

Oh! did terrible because of shit promotions. For no good reason either tbh. But I guess it's cause it was a remake too idk.

Flower Power was a limited release but still, why the fuck would you make the lead japanese single a limited release with one performance? Oh actually did have a fair bit of promo but releasing a three year old song and then the video collection on the same day was a mess. 

They should have followed this:

Paparazzi released on june 27th, the day it was released anyway. It had 3 performances and sold well but should have had 5 to push sales even higher. It should have also contained a B-Side. Oh! could have been used here. Beep Beep could have been used for special editions. 

Then the video collection was released on the 26th of september. This should have been released at the start of september, as Sone Japan membership was around this time too so it wasn't as big a financial burden. The pricing was also extortionate and by reducing the price slightly, it would have had more sales, compensating for the lost profit caused by the lower price, ultimately making more money.

Then, Flower Power should have been released. This should have been a double a-side with AMLIFY being released alongside this with the physical released intended for the 10th of October. However, this single should have been announced with the video collection, roughly around early-mid August. Then, AMLIFY should have been used to promote the single and video collection with around 4 performances around early September with a teaser of Flower Power being released on the video collection itself. The video itself should have been completely different and as expensive looking as Paparazzi. This should have had roughly 4 performances.

The album would be released a week earlier than it was so on the 21st of November. This would have been promoted using Animal and Flower Power performances of which there should have been 3 as well as traditional promotional techniques. 

TL;DR

27/06/12 - Paparazzi. B-side of Oh! (Japanese version) - 4 Editions. Normal, Normal with different cover and video. Different cover and video. Different cover, video and Beep Beep. 5 promotional performances of Paparazzi

07/08/12 - Next Single Announced (Flower Power/AMLIFY) and Video collection.

26/09/12 - Video Collection released. Some promotional interviews. 3 performances of AMLIFY. 

3/10/12 - Album announced 

10/10/12 - Flower Power/AMLIFY released. 3 versions - each has AMLIFY video. Special edition has Flower Power video. Two different covers for normal editions. All versions contain a lottery ticket for a 2 mini-concerts in Tokyo and another major city. Here, the girls would perform a few hits and take part in a dance thing similar to the Oh! event and a handshake event for those who purchased multiple copies of the disk to inflate sales. A "smash up" of the album would be previewed here although this would be no longer than 30 seconds long. Tour announced alongside this for 2013.

21/11/12 - Album released. - 3 Performances of Flower Power and Animal medley and interviews. 4 versions: normal edition, limited edition, video edition with BTS cuts from all of the videos and close up versions of videos which weren't included on the video collection and a tour edition, the tour edition containing a lottery for the person who purchased it to win a meet-and-greet at the tour. The week of the release, the girls would also have "pop-up performances were they would perform in major cities on the street: one hit like Genie, Gee,  Mr Taxi and one new song off the album like Animal, Reflection and Flower Power. 

Album itself has following tracklist:

1. Flower Power
  2. Animal
  3. Reflection
  4. Mid tempo urban electro song
  5. Mid tempo pop song
  6. Stay Girls
  7. Beep Beep
  8. Club song
  9. Song similar to animal
  10. All My Love Is For You
  11. Paparazzi

Should have had a different title, something along the lines of Girls' Generation II - Animal, abandoning the hideous artwork and theme, instead going for something more mature, similar the The Boys repackage.

IF they did something like that, I would predict the following sales:

Paparazzi - 160,000+ 

Paparazzi Digital - 100,000+

Video Collection - 100,000+

Flower Power/AMLIFY - 150,000+

Flower Power digital - 100,000+

Album - 350,000+

(Digital sales are down completely and the hallyu wave has died out a bit) 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Yeah, the timing was fucked. Even people who usually were able to afford the more expensive limited editions of Soshi's releases had to settle for regular editions because of the onslaught of releases so close to each other.

Yeah, the timing was fucked. Even people who usually were able to afford the more expensive limited editions of Soshi's releases had to settle for regular editions because of the onslaught of releases so close to each other.

The pricing was awful, the promotion was awful, the quality of music (although some of it was good) had declined, the timing was awful. It is quite possibly the worst handled era ever in the history of pop music by a massive commercial act working with generally good music, signed to leading label that should be making the act a massive success.  

I'm going to calculate sales by year next week look forward to the tea on their washed up shitty management screwing them into the ground

Sis don't do this to yourself

Anyway, yes SM/UMJ are flopping right now and it makes no sense because SNSD sales are what pay for the irrelevant comebacks for irrelevant groups and gurls bring da stock prices up.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1st Single: GENIE - September 8th 2010 
2nd Single: Gee - October 20th 2010 
3rd Single: Oh!/Run Devil Run - February 2nd 2011 
4th Single: Mr. Taxi - May 27th 2011
1st Album: Girls’ Generation - July 1st 2011
5th Single: The Boys/Time Machine - March 14th 2012 
6th Single: Paparazzi - June 27th 2012
7th Single: Flower Power - September 26th 2012 
8th Single: Animal - November 19th 2012 
2nd Album: Girls & Peace - December 20th 2012 
9th Single: Love & Girls/I Got A Boy - June 30th 2013 
10th Single: TBA - September/October 2013 
11th Single: TBA - December 2013/January 2014
12th Single: TBA - April/May 2014
3rd Album: TBA - June/July 2014

This would of been my ideal version of release-related events taking place within their past, present & near future japanese career! all with suitable promotion throughout & also actually spending time for japan to get to know them & be able to relate to them on a level deeper than just with musicality!  :stare:

Sis don't do this to yourself

Anyway, yes SM/UMJ are flopping right now and it makes no sense because SNSD sales are what pay for the irrelevant comebacks for irrelevant groups and gurls bring da stock prices up.

And the tea is served. SNSD is essentially SM anyway because all they have is Super Juniors Tokyo Dome dates and physical sales without them.

1st Single: GENIE - September 8th 2010 

2nd Single: Gee - October 20th 2010 

3rd Single: Oh!/Run Devil Run - February 2nd 2011 

4th Single: Mr. Taxi - May 27th 2011

1st Album: Girls’ Generation - July 1st 2011

5th Single: The Boys/Time Machine - March 14th 2012 

6th Single: Paparazzi - June 27th 2012

7th Single: Flower Power - September 26th 2012 

8th Single: Animal - November 19th 2012 

2nd Album: Girls & Peace - December 20th 2012 

9th Single: Love & Girls/I Got A Boy - June 30th 2013 

10th Single: TBA - September/October 2013 

11th Single: TBA - December 2013/January 2014

12th Single: TBA - April/May 2014

3rd Album: TBA - June/July 2014

This would of been my ideal version of release-related events taking place within their past, present & near future japanese career! all with suitable promotion throughout & also actually spending time for japan to get to know them & be able to relate to them on a level deeper than just with musicality!  :stare:

This would be good if they weren't so big in Korea and weren't planning a western venture. My general biggest concern is the quality of music though. Girls and peace had 5 good songs on it. IGAB had 0, twinkle had 2. I'm overalls critical, yes, but with a general decline in quality which most people acknowledge comes a decline in sales

This would be good if they weren't so big in Korea and weren't planning a western venture. My general biggest concern is the quality of music though. Girls and peace had 5 good songs on it. IGAB had 0, twinkle had 2. I'm overalls critical, yes, but with a general decline in quality which most people acknowledge comes a decline in sales

Because you didn't like the songs it doesn't mean their music is declining. I personally loved all song in IGAB except promise and I think it's their best Korean album to date. Similarly, I prefer their 2nd Japanese album to the 1st. Every song pretty much slayed me. And the Oh! one was quite nice as well. And don't even get me started on Love&Girls. Catchy bubblegum pop sound. What more do you want?
  • Like 1