2 replies to this topic

#1 愛してる

愛してる

火星人

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  • Location黄泉

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm currently in the market for a 2010+ (preferably as late as possible) used Macbook Pro and my budget is around $315.

I've browsed Amazon and Ebay so far and the only one I wanted to buy has already been sold. The one that I can buy now is less than desirable (it has more than a few dings I'd like and a port on it is warped).

I don't know many other good places to look, so I'd like some help and/or suggestions.

#2 Suzy Quatro

Suzy Quatro

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • LocationInto the Rainbow Vein

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

I would recommend not to buy the latest one (2016 I believe), specially the one with the touch bar as that thing doesn't bring anything to the experience or functionality while being more expensive. So the best one should be the 2015 although with that budget I don't think you can't get that model (apple currently sells book that cost your whole budget lol). Even a refurbished of 2013 or 2014 could be around 1k so it's going to be very hard for you to find the most recent models for that kind of price.

#3 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,371 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:53 PM (Edited by Salieri, 20 March 2017 - 01:53 PM.)

I'm currently in the market for a 2010+ (preferably as late as possible) used Macbook Pro and my budget is around $315.

1. First of don't even think about a mac at 300 dollars, you won't be able to get one. 

I've browsed Amazon and Ebay so far and the only one I wanted to buy has already been sold. The one that I can buy now is less than desirable (it has more than a few dings I'd like and a port on it is warped).

2. Macs are often  less than desirable in specs and you won't be able to get one for decent price for decent cost. 

I don't know many other good places to look, so I'd like some help and/or suggestions.

3. You can always get a Lunix laptop, it's similar to Mac's os = Unix (their both based of that software package) or just get a windows laptop and install  Lunix from there, other suggestion is to save up more money if you want a mac that badly.

Up, Up and Away!