Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Literature Thread

3027 replies to this topic

Poll: The Literature Thread (586 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favourite genre?

1. Non- Fiction (104 votes [5.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.54%

2. Fiction (354 votes [18.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

3. Fantasy (296 votes [15.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.78%

4. Mystery (208 votes [11.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.09%

5. Horror (105 votes [5.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.60%

6. Sci-Fi (132 votes [7.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

7. Romance (191 votes [10.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.18%

8. Chick-Lit (71 votes [3.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.78%

9. Historical (144 votes [7.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.68%

10. Voted Classics (172 votes [9.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.17%

11. Other (99 votes [5.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#3021 OmegaStar

OmegaStar

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

I am taking way too long to get through Carrion Comforts. I get so lazy when I purchase a digital book compared to when I purchase a physical book. It sounds ridic but reading from a digital copy just doesn't feel the same and I start to lag behind in reading.
Sounds interesting, I might pick up the physical

Which device are u using?

#3022 wiz109

wiz109

Llama Queen of the Forums

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

I am taking way too long to get through Carrion Comforts. I get so lazy when I purchase a digital book compared to when I purchase a physical book. It sounds ridic but reading from a digital copy just doesn't feel the same and I start to lag behind in reading.

Sounds interesting, I might pick up the physical

I have the same problem, beside the feeling and the smell of a book in my hand I also have anxiety that I am not making much progress on the book I am reading and so I keep checking the pages left and completed. I keep doing it to the point of distracting myself so that I read much slower.  With a physical book you can see and feel the progress right away so I feel better and read faster to get to the end.

I do want to buy an e-reader again though, just for the fact that I lack space for physical books.

#3023 OmegaStar

OmegaStar

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

I have the same problem, beside the feeling and the smell of a book in my hand I also have anxiety that I am not making much progress on the book I am reading and so I keep checking the pages left and completed. I keep doing it to the point of distracting myself so that I read much slower. With a physical book you can see and feel the progress right away so I feel better and read faster to get to the end.

I do want to buy an e-reader again though, just for the fact that I lack space for physical books.

Are u a book collector? Are u one of those booktubers with hundreds of books?

#3024 wiz109

wiz109

Llama Queen of the Forums

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM (Edited by wiz109, Yesterday, 09:48 PM.)

Are u a book collector? Are u one of those booktubers with hundreds of books?

Lmao I have lots of books but also a small house with no room to keep them, currently most of them are inside my box bed with the ones I plan to re-read plus new buys hiding on my closet shelf.  I am not a booktuber, but I like the feeling of having a book and knowing I can re-read when ever I want.  Especially the fantasy genre, I don't get sick of re-reading them

#3025 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • LocationBored enough to join; crazy enough to stay.

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 PM

I have the same problem, beside the feeling and the smell of a book in my hand I also have anxiety that I am not making much progress on the book I am reading and so I keep checking the pages left and completed. I keep doing it to the point of distracting myself so that I read much slower.  With a physical book you can see and feel the progress right away so I feel better and read faster to get to the end.

oh man, I get stuck checking pages too. It's so annoying. Yea. my bookcase is starting to run out of space.

#3026 delirium

delirium

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts
  • LocationBored enough to join; crazy enough to stay.

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Which device are u using?

An Ipad with Nook downloaded. 

#3027 silverlining

silverlining

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted Today, 06:43 AM

I also get distracted by tracking my progress when reading digitally and the dry eye issue with a screen. But recently read a physical book and it was holding a heavy book that then became the issue. Thinking I should invest in a proper e-reader. 

#3028 OmegaStar

OmegaStar

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted Today, 08:57 AM

So I am in the minority it seems.
I love my Kobo e-reader.

Reply to this topic

Up, Up and Away!