Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Rinne

Announcement Oh! Press Recruitment 2k17 - First Intake [ENDED]

Lzwv46O.png

Preface

I am happy to announce that our press team is looking for new recruits to help maintain and expand OneHallyu Blog! We are looking for members of our ever growing community who are eager to provide creative and original content related to Asian entertainment topics. If you are interested of becoming a writer/blogger or creator/vlogger or bits of both, Oh! Press is looking for you!

About Oh! Press

​The Oh! Press team members work diligently to share exclusive and original content about Asian entertainment through interviews, event recaps, and general information concerning the entertainment industry. By utilizing the Oh! Blog, the press team ensures that users are constantly presented with new and interesting content. Their duties include:

• Keeping the Oh! Blog updated with original and exclusive content.

• Writing reviews.

• Writing editorials on various Asian entertainment artists.

• Contacting Asian entertainment agencies and artists for exclusive interviews.

• Press coverage for events​.

​

Requirements

• Applicants must have writing/video samples or be able to produce some in a timely fashion.

• Must be able to meet deadlines.

• All staff members are expected to keep up with any group files and/or spreadsheets. Please keep yourself updated!

• Staff are expected to cover a wide range of topics. You need to step out of your comfort zone every once in awhile!

​

​Form

OneHallyu username:

How many hours a day/week are you on OneHallyu?:

Do you have previous writing/video creation experience? If so, please elaborate:

Do you have previous blogging/vlogging experience? If so, on what platform?:

Are you able to post once a week?:

Do you have Line or Skype?:

What topics are you the most passionate about that you may want to cover?:

Why do you want to become a part of press team?:

Please provide at least 2 writing or video samples. Please include links or include them within your application. If you write regularly for a blog or have your own YouTube channel, please include that information and specify what to read/watch.:

Please send your completed application form to Rinne in a private message with the title “OneHallyu Press Applicationâ€. Any pressing concerns can be posted here or messaged to me privately! Thank you and good luck!

Extra Notes

• Applicants who want to write/are interested (has extensive knowledge) about animes or Japanese entertainment or both will be given utmost priority > Chinese entertainment/Korean entertainment,

• Those with vast knowledge or expertise on Chinese entertainment and Korean entertainment are still needed so don’t get discouraged.

• Entertainment consist of performing arts such as film, broadcasting, music, fashion, and et cetera.

• This is the first intake for 2017, the next one will be on summer.

FAQs

Q: OneHallyu has a blog?

A: Yes, we do. Here https://blog.onehallyu.com/

Q: Do you guys translate Korean articles?

A: We don't buzz like that!

*Deadline: March 31, 2017

Edited by Rinne
Stan Jang Moon Bok
  • Like 8

You mean 31 March

*Edited

I might apply and I encourage fellow J-Sectioners to do so, It will be nice to add some Japanese Entertainment Blogs for OH Press smile.png

Do it! We need more J-stuffs smile.png

Does the writing Samples have to be K-pop related? I am really interested in this. Haha

Nope, any writing sample would do. I'm not that strict laugh.png

Good luck to the applicants!

Rig for Pabowasseo

*applies so I can be with rinne-chan jk*

Someone needs to write about Bonafide I guess za5g21G.png

ooo i think i might apply

Go for it!

• ​ Writing reviews.
  • Writing editorials on various Asian entertainment artists.

• Contacting Asian entertainment agencies and artists for exclusive interviews.

• Press coverage for events​.

This is all I want to do but I know I don't have the ability too rlytearpls.png Good luck to who that apply though!

Don't beat yourself! I was like you too when I first applied for Press job laugh.png

Would love to work on anime section but, Im not good with making vids lol

That should be enough if you have extensive knowledge on animes, videos are requirement for applicants who want to be a creator/vlogger smile.png

I have a few questions:

Is there a word limit to the samples? And can we submit academic essays with a piece that better exemplifies our knowledge of our favourite type of entertainment and appeals to a broader audience? Because honestly, I don't know if an essay on In The Mood for Love shows either for me.

No word limit.

Any writing samples would do.

The kind of samples that you want me to read is up to you.

I might apply...

Someone better stop me from flopping miserably harharplz.png

Don't be afraid, love is the way, shawty if you fail, then you can call me monster

Sign in to follow this