• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 letitshine

letitshine

Idol

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

I prefer traditional vietnamese songs over vpop tbh...I don't know, I feel that most vietnamese singers/rappers are trying to imitate kpop and they should create their own unique style if they want to become popular...

#42 bzz

bzz

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,016 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

I'm prepared.

You may drop by Thai entertainment thread

http://onehallyu.com...-thread/page-65

there are quite a diversity of music. I wish you'll find some that you'll put on repeat.

#43 UhYeh

UhYeh

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

You people not only funny, also ignorance. 

Sure, Vpop is not on par with Kpop. Consider the fact that Vietnam just opened its door to the world. Before that Vietnam was ruled by mostly old conservative communist ideology people, who were mostly farmers, solders, revolutionaries from northern Vietnam. When they unified Vietnam they banned all sort of music except for red music (songs dedicated to the ruling party) and music talents had no use in the society. It's only recent the 1.5 generation ruling people who are younger and more open mind, they decided to integrate Vietnam to the world. Musician are allowed to produce music of any genre. 

Vietnamese music was never suck opposed to some oversea Vietnamese youth think. It's just the Vietnamese music before was not meant for them but for their parents, the generations of war time and boat people. Do you really think those Kpop girl bands, boy bands singing Korean language with crazy clothes would fit your parents' taste? of course not. That was why most of Vietnamese songs were either ballad or bolero. 

Vietnamese music of recent is changing because of the second generation, born after the war, born with economic leverage, with interaction through internet with developed countries where EDM, dance, R&B genres are popular.

Sure Kpop influenced Vpop second generation artists due to a massive investment from Korea, who brought Korean culture to Vietnam. That is a normal thing, Kpop itself  also got influenced from Jpop and American pop for similar reasons. 

Vietnamese language is not ugly, I am sure you can easy find people who think Vietnamese language is beautiful. There is no ugly language. Every language is weird when you first expose to it, when you listen to a language many times or understand it, it becomes pleasant.  Moreover, every speaker of a language may not speak the same voice or same tone which is a factor contributes to your hearing experience.

Many criticized Vpop for Kpop's influence but I do not see any criticize any other Asian pop even though other Asian pop also got influence from Kpop, e.x Cpop if you ask me I can easy find Cpop MV look like Kpop.

Conclusion, for a country just opened its door to the world, the economic with GDP of 1/10 of Korea, weak entertainment industry like Vietnam, I personally think it did outstanding jobs. 

The 2nd generation of Vietnamese artists already won several awards.

http://tuoitrenews.v...heast-asian-act

A poor country with inadequate education, did out performed the rest of South East Asian peers in OCED, out done Chinese in Science which is the main focus of OCED in 2015.

https://www.oecd.org...ts-in-focus.pdf

Such intelligent people are not short of talents, just need time to develop.

Last, I agreed with everyone the OP is frenzy dude. There are many Vietnamese dudes like him, so there are many nice Vietnamese out there. You can't just hate one dude then hate an entire race.

#44 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

I look at this thread, and I think back to a decade ago when JPop fans said KPop couldn't become a thing because it was cheap, trashy, too Westernized, and the language was ugly. 

#45 Simple Plan

Simple Plan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Sure hope ao, I'm all for variety when it comes to Asian pop and I'm butthurt how jpop is really hard to access.

#46 hanviet92

hanviet92

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationDocking Station

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

I don't know if Vpop could ever get as big as Kpop since nowadays too many vietnamese artists try too hard to be and to sound like Kpop Idols. I think there is still a long way for them to go. They should try to find their own style of music instead of copying Kpop. But some vietnamese artists are quite good.

#47 UhYeh

UhYeh

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

I don't see how you called that copy. Pop, R&B, EDM..etc. are the same everywhere. These genres were not invented by Kpop, even if they invented, still normal for other countries to adopt the trend as how Kpop also adopted these music genres from Western. 

You could only call it copy when they bring the whole thing without modifying it. I wonder if you ever have used copy machine before? 

I am sure Vpop artists not only got influence from Kpop also from Jpop and Western Pop. It's just part of learning process of human. I don't know how many of you here are engineers? We built many things but all built on the existing fundamentals, we don't invent math, physic. We learn and get inspired from one another to improve our skillset. Same goes for music and fashion. 

If you look at Vpop is not the same as Kpop, while Kpop favors pretty girls/boys bands, Vpop dominant with solo artists. Kpop favors EDM, HipHop, Vpop favors ballads, pop, and bolero. 

I agree there is a long way to go for Vpop to reach to Kpop level. The reasons, already mentioned in other post, first the economic of Vietnam is still relative poor, second Vpop industry is still not yet mature, lack of trained talents pool. 

However, Vietnam to become next culture exporter is possible. People always look for new thing to entertain them. Japan was first country in Asia successful exported their culture, followed by Chinese Hongkong  (for some reasons they just stopped being creative and lag behind). Thailand was popular with tourism, cuisine, and Muay Thai, however their entertainment was never enjoy the same success, I personally think the reason because Thailand is trapped in middle income level.

Vpop may be the next trend if Vietnam economic keep growing at steady level of 8%/year, otherwise it will become just like Tpop, fall into middle income trap. 

#48 ♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Goddess & Grandmaster ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Location♗ Ridin' Myungsoo's D♗ Baby Girl ♗ Vous Me Voyez ♗ Here For Holy Trinity - Sana, Momo & Mina ♗ Stan Nation's Girl Group Twice!♗ FXXK BOYS GET MONEY

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

maybe , idk

#49 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,745 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

You people not only funny, also ignorance. 

Sure, Vpop is not on par with Kpop. Consider the fact that Vietnam just opened its door to the world. Before that Vietnam was ruled by mostly old conservative communist ideology people, who were mostly farmers, solders, revolutionaries from northern Vietnam. When they unified Vietnam they banned all sort of music except for red music (songs dedicated to the ruling party) and music talents had no use in the society. It's only recent the 1.5 generation ruling people who are younger and more open mind, they decided to integrate Vietnam to the world. Musician are allowed to produce music of any genre. 

Vietnamese music was never suck opposed to some oversea Vietnamese youth think. It's just the Vietnamese music before was not meant for them but for their parents, the generations of war time and boat people. Do you really think those Kpop girl bands, boy bands singing Korean language with crazy clothes would fit your parents' taste? of course not. That was why most of Vietnamese songs were either ballad or bolero. 

Vietnamese music of recent is changing because of the second generation, born after the war, born with economic leverage, with interaction through internet with developed countries where EDM, dance, R&B genres are popular.

Sure Kpop influenced Vpop second generation artists due to a massive investment from Korea, who brought Korean culture to Vietnam. That is a normal thing, Kpop itself  also got influenced from Jpop and American pop for similar reasons. 

Vietnamese language is not ugly, I am sure you can easy find people who think Vietnamese language is beautiful. There is no ugly language. Every language is weird when you first expose to it, when you listen to a language many times or understand it, it becomes pleasant.  Moreover, every speaker of a language may not speak the same voice or same tone which is a factor contributes to your hearing experience.

Many criticized Vpop for Kpop's influence but I do not see any criticize any other Asian pop even though other Asian pop also got influence from Kpop, e.x Cpop if you ask me I can easy find Cpop MV look like Kpop.

Conclusion, for a country just opened its door to the world, the economic with GDP of 1/10 of Korea, weak entertainment industry like Vietnam, I personally think it did outstanding jobs. 

The 2nd generation of Vietnamese artists already won several awards.
http://tuoitrenews.v...heast-asian-act

A poor country with inadequate education, did out performed the rest of South East Asian peers in OCED, out done Chinese in Science which is the main focus of OCED in 2015.
https://www.oecd.org...ts-in-focus.pdf

Such intelligent people are not short of talents, just need time to develop.

Last, I agreed with everyone the OP is frenzy dude. There are many Vietnamese dudes like him, so there are many nice Vietnamese out there. You can't just hate one dude then hate an entire race.

um no one in here called the Vietnamese language ugly. If you are referring to my post where I said OTHER PEOPLE on this site think the language is ugly (example: https://onehallyu.co...nding-language/), thus why Vpop may not gain traction among I-fans, then you have serious reading comprehension issues.

#50 soneaid

soneaid

Idol

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

#51 UhYeh

UhYeh

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

um no one in here called the Vietnamese language ugly. If you are referring to my post where I said OTHER PEOPLE on this site think the language is ugly (example: https://onehallyu.co...nding-language/), thus why Vpop may not gain traction among I-fans, then you have serious reading comprehension issues.

I did not refer to any particular post, I've seen a few folk spreading their ignorance without ever question themselves "Why not their languages ugly but others?" Even though you did not say it but you were trying to validate it. To me, it is the same as saying it.

#52 Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Anti-Government, Anti-Taxes, Anti-Vegetarians

• Hall OH Fame
  • 13,425 posts
  • LocationSeibu's Church

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:50 PM (Edited by Ron Swanson, 13 March 2017 - 06:51 PM.)

As a Viet I can't even attract myself to any 'modern' Vpop these days. Even though I disliked hearing traditional music as a kid, it sounds suiting to me now when I try to listen to Vpop trying to be kpop. And its obvious some Vpop now is influenced by kpop..

#53 PLAY UGLY

PLAY UGLY

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Location💣Between all the Fandom WARS💣

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Let's hope so!

I'm so in love with this music video! rlytearpls.png

#54 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,688 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

Sure hope ao, I'm all for variety when it comes to Asian pop and I'm butthurt how jpop is really hard to access.

It's not though if you know where to go.

#55 Jeffrey Jung

Jeffrey Jung

DΞΔN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,128 posts
  • Location마린... 정신차려 난 남자라구

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:48 AM

just realized OP got banned lmao

#56 miriki

miriki

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCity Z

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Let's hope so!

I'm so in love with this music video! https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

The scene with his sneaker cracks me up, but the song is great!

#57 UhYeh

UhYeh

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

As a Viet I can't even attract myself to any 'modern' Vpop these days. Even though I disliked hearing traditional music as a kid, it sounds suiting to me now when I try to listen to Vpop trying to be kpop. And its obvious some Vpop now is influenced by kpop..

Everyone is different. Different person favors different music genre. Life style, age, ...etc contribute to diversity. Ballad, Bolero, Rock...etc. still have large number of audiences. Just because you don't like one particular genre does not mean it sucks. 

For every MV produced requires more than just a singer/artist, also stylist, DoP, composer, director...etc. People complained Vpop artists influenced but which part is influenced? The music genre? Every music piece produced in the same genre similar to one another. What influenced in most Vpop MVs are style, and directing, after all both Korea, and Japan have developed fashion and entertainment industries, it is normal for Vpop MVs inspired/influenced.

Look at smart phones today, one look like another, it was Apple invented smart phone, Samsung stepped in and produced their Galaxy series. Does that consider copy though? of course not because if Samsung does, they will face lawsuit for copyright infringement. Same goes for Vpop, there is copy right laws in Vietnam, if a song found copied, the artist will be fined and suspended from stage perform. The same artists who people accused them for copied Kpop are the same who won MTV EMA awards, sounds like MTV runs by a bunch of idiots, who do not know what is copy and not.

I have not even mentioned about politics factor influenced artists. Kpop, Korean should be happy because many Vpop MVs influenced Kpop that showing Korea and Vietnam enjoy good relationship. If the two countries having dispute, I am not so sure that Kpop will ever get popular in Vietnam.

Anyway, if you like the song then enjoy, and stay away from those you don't like, why bother thinking of copy, influence, while watching since you are not even expert in the field, you not even a lawyer, you're not running a court or a music studio. Why people like to complicate themselves while their knowledge are limited. I am not pointing finger at anyone, I am just saying in general. 

#58 TFBOYSForever❤

TFBOYSForever❤

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationJunkai's Heart

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:11 PM (Edited by TFBOYSForever❤, 25 March 2017 - 08:11 PM.)

As A Viet-Chinese. I'm not sure but If so...Maybe. We will never know. 

Up, Up and Away!