Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
The Jany

Animes with ugly art but you still enjoyed

my sugesstion would be:

91 days(great story imo but didn't really liked the ending,great artstyle)

Boku dake ga Inai Machi(great story and artstyle,i would recommand ya to start it right away)

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru(great story and artstyle,i hope there will be a season2 or i will just read the manga or novel)

Un-GO(i liked the story,the artstyle is quite good for 2011,it has a movie as well i think,i had to watch it 2 times because i was confused at first)

also i really liked Nagi No Asukara but i donno if you will like it,but i recommand you to try it,the second arc is really good imo,the artstyle and the ost are amazing

these would be my sugesstions :smile:

EDIT: i know you said ugly art style (Un-Go would suit it ) but i just felt that more people should watch these animes

what's wrong with the art in 91 days? i though it was very beautiful and kinda eery which fit the storyline perfectly

i agree with the ending though  :rlytearpls: i just convinced myself Nero couldn't possible have done it. he just couldn't!

what's wrong with the art in 91 days? i though it was very beautiful and kinda eery which fit the storyline perfectly

i agree with the ending though  :rlytearpls: i just convinced myself Nero couldn't possible have done it. he just couldn't!

i said great artstyle after  :rlytearpls:

Ranma 1/2 but it has adult content. Shingeki no kyoujin is awful but most of people didnt care.

Ranma 1/2 but it has adult content. Shingeki no kyoujin is awful but most of people didnt care.

I'm not sure of this but Welcome the NHK has pretty interesting art and I loved the manga and anime. The manga has more different art though.

el7s85vcuwlkdfbj43nl.jpg

I don't know but I felt like each character sort of had a different style. Maybe even based on the depositions of each character. Like for example the main character, Tatsuhiro was drawn differently.  This could have some correlation with his depression of being a hikkomori. The character with the nicest design is Misaki, which could do with her being soft and being sort of an angel or lighthouse  towards Tatsuhiro

nhk02_art.jpg

bild-1-22.png?w=300&h=269

513pzl5jC8L._AC_UL320_SR216,320_.jpg

For me, the art wasn't necessarily ugly but it was definitely different.

I don't like style in "Haikyu!" but this show is good

same here but i got used to it because I love the plot of Haikyuu

Ping pong the animation

Mob psycho

BUT THE WORST, akagi and kaiji

vlcsnap-1941655.jpg

That still managed to be good 

DBZ and the first Season of Higurashi~

They ain't terrible by any means, but there are times when that super deformation gets jarring in Higurashi (Season 2 and on is fine), and everyone in DBZ's head looks like you could cut yourself on it there's so many angles~  :imstupid:

Oh yeah, and the original Sailor Moon~

Edited by ☽ Ddeona Oneul Bame ☾

thanks for all the recs although most of it have pretty regular arts

Mob Psycho 100. Simply EPIC.

I've watched it. It was so well animated that I totally forgot how bad the drawing were

uchouten kazoku? 

I don't know if you'd consider it ugly, but it wasn't standard anime art lol 

It was pretty interesting last I remembered it. 

already watched. It has one of the best background ever to be call ugly. But thanks anyway

sayonara zetsubou sensei, maybe?

noted, it was recommended to me before but I forgot about it

I'd recommend the movie tekkon kinkreet

already watched

Gungrave... The animation is really weird the proportion of the body of the characters are really off but I love this anime so much, one of my favs ever.

A lot of people are saying Mob Psycho but i think it looks great. 

My answer is probably Higurashi. Characters in Initial D also look kinda bad. I like both series though.

Clannad is something i still have yet to watch because i think it's ugly as fuck. Those eyes...

One Piece art is ugly IMO but its a good anime, so, I enjoy it.

Agreed. Many people are turned off by the art style but once you start watching it, you realize that the story is good and that's all that matters. 

nothing you listed in the OP has bad art though.

those are the types of show people just avoid because of the art

perhaps some animes adapted from Natsume Ono's manga (e.g. Ristorante Paradiso, Saraiya Goyou, ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka *currently airing*). i've only finished Ristorante Paradiso and it was a nice watch. her artstyle isn't that ugly imo but i keep seeing people complaining about the scary fish eyes? and those animes didn't even stay true to her original art though, they look a lot better on anime. 

perhaps some animes adapted from Natsume Ono's manga (e.g. Ristorante Paradiso, Saraiya Goyou, ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka *currently airing*). i've only finished Ristorante Paradiso and it was a nice watch. her artstyle isn't that ugly imo but i keep seeing people complaining about the scary fish eyes? and those animes didn't even stay true to her original art though, they look a lot better on anime. 

I'm a big fan of her so I've pretty much read all of her manga licensed in France and watched the animes adaptations (and is currently watching the airing one). Somehow I got used to her art its my aesthetic tbh but I can see why people wouldnt like it. Saraiya goyou is the only one who stayed faithful to her drawing. But changing it still worked out for the other two especially ACCA

Since you finished RP, I recommend you SG too, it was pretty nice & relaxing imo

Nichijou, Crayon Shin-chan, and Initial D are some series that I enjoyed despite them having different art styles.

A lot of people are saying Mob Psycho but i think it looks great. 

My answer is probably Higurashi. Characters in Initial D also look kinda bad. I like both series though.

Clannad is something i still have yet to watch because i think it's ugly as fuck. Those eyes...

Oh don't worry, if you are anything like me, you'll be too busy crying your eyes out to worry about the art style.

Agreed. Many people are turned off by the art style but once you start watching it, you realize that the story is good and that's all that matters. 

One Piece is a zany show. The art style fits.

Edited by kirifuda

I'm a big fan of her so I've pretty much read all of her manga licensed in France and watched the animes adaptations (and is currently watching the airing one). Somehow I got used to her art its my aesthetic tbh but I can see why people wouldnt like it. Saraiya goyou is the only one who stayed faithful to her drawing. But changing it still worked out for the other two especially ACCA

Since you finished RP, I recommend you SG too, it was pretty nice & relaxing imo

that's good to know. somehow i knew you've watched them but i still brought it up just in case :lol: didn't know you're a fan of her though. and thanks for the recommendation, i'm planning on watch it. Edited by Dolores Haze

Why no one mention Beck?

For me it was ugly enough for anime art style but its unique, the story is very good! It's a legend anime for music/band genre. I'm really into the story cause it felt so realistic. (the main character and heroine are pretty cute though..) Recommend this if you haven't watch it.beck-mongolian-chop-squad.png

9-265.beck.jpg

I can't enjoy animes with bad art, that's why I skipped ES21 entirely even though the manga is my all-time favourite.