Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
The Jany

Animes with ugly art but you still enjoyed

Please recommed me animes with unorthodox arts which threw off many people but you still found good? I'm fine with bad drawing or CG or rotoscope (but preferably no ecchi, moe, fanservice, action, horror and gore please, I cant stand those)

The ones I've watched are:

kuuchuu buranko

the tatami galaxy

ping pong the animation

saraiya goyou

uchouten kazoku? 

I don't know if you'd consider it ugly, but it wasn't standard anime art lol 

It was pretty interesting last I remembered it. 

i cannot watch animes with bad art. i just cant

Bokura Ga Ita- The style is freaking weird, but the story was really good

the art was so cute though? im surprised

I love tatami galaxy!

and Nana (the way the characters were drawn shocked me at first)

Edited by Peace B

The Hunter X Hunter manga had pretty bad art but it's still one of my favorites

It was at least better than the original One Punch Man manga lmao (not the new OPM with best art).

Red Garden such oddly drawn characters at times but the story is really powerful

though it does have some horror/gore and action at some times but it's mostly a slice of life? in a fantastical sort of way.... and drama mystery

my sugesstion would be:

91 days(great story imo but didn't really liked the ending,great artstyle)

Boku dake ga Inai Machi(great story and artstyle,i would recommand ya to start it right away)

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru(great story and artstyle,i hope there will be a season2 or i will just read the manga or novel)

Un-GO(i liked the story,the artstyle is quite good for 2011,it has a movie as well i think,i had to watch it 2 times because i was confused at first)

also i really liked Nagi No Asukara but i donno if you will like it,but i recommand you to try it,the second arc is really good imo,the artstyle and the ost are amazing

these would be my sugesstions :smile:

EDIT: i know you said ugly art style (Un-Go would suit it ) but i just felt that more people should watch these animes

Edited by Nopenottoday

You won't like this because you said no gore, but it's worth mentioning Kemonozume. It's animated like someone coloured in their very first draft, but it works with the shows chaotic energy.

tumblr_mk2sukPZTb1qzdh9qo2_1280.png

I can't watch anime with art I consider ugly or bad, the artwork is one of the reasons I watch anime.

I would suggest the anime movie Tekkonkinkreet, the art is pretty good but the style is pretty different.
Another movie with interesting artwork is Colorful.

A nice anime series is Mob Psycho 100 but maybe you wont like it 'cause it's action.

Mess, HxH didn't have "bad art" the artist is pretty capable, the art is just inconsistent, some chapters are well drawn, is just some others are ugly or sketchy and most of those were fixed for the tankobon releases.

Edited by Nintat

Kingdom, though it is an action, historical, war themed anime so you probably won't enjoy it that much.

I still would recommend it to anyone who can look past it's terrible art though.

Kill La Kill imo. Never was a big fan of the art but it didn't stop me from loving the anime.