Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

50 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Game?

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Day of Light
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden
    • Fire Emblem:Mystery of the Emblem
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
    • Fire Emblem: The Binding
    • Fire Emblem
    • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    • Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no EiyÅ«
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Fire Emblem Fates
  2. 2. Favorite Main Character?

3. 3. Which side did you choose in fates?

The Official Fire Emblem Thread

fire-emblem-lords.jpg

fire_emblem_por_wallpaper_by_audralg-d32

FireEmblem_012931_1600.jpg

What is Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG franchise that was created by the mind of Shouzou Kaga and the developers at Intelligent Systems. In 1988, there once was a game called Famicom Wars — a game that happened to be a Japanese exclusive game for the Famicom. Famicom Wars, which was a tactical turned based military game, provided one of the basics for the first game of the series, Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi (Shadow Dragon and The Blade of Light). The turn based strategy features — from units, to maps, to who you’re facing, to conquering the enemy’s headquarters, to having to kill all of the enemies, to phases, and to units with specialized abilities  — are exactly what you see in every Fire Emblem game. The differences? Fire Emblem plays like an RPG. You’re not going to get any no-name units — instead, you’ll get a character with a name, a backstory, their abilities, and use them in your quest to beat the game. You’ll get extended cutscenes, lots of dialogue between the characters, have your characters level up, and use weapons like swords, axes, lances, tomes, and bows. That’s also another difference, and of course, the defining trait of Fire Emblem: it’s setting.

Throughout Fire Emblem’s history the story has always been set in medieval times, meaning outdated politics and/or clothing from the lost ages make an appearance through each of the games in the series. Betrayal, lost love, deaths, pettiness, and mythical beings are all featured in one series or another. It started with the Prince of Altea, Marth, who had to flee to his own Kingdom while having to deal with the loss of his people; and is carried from then to even today’s hero, the Prince of Ylisse, Chrom, who had to overcome his own personal tragedy before liberating the world. And throughout the series, even the most minor characters have their own personal struggles they have to deal with and overcome as they help the main lord with their quest to save the world.

Games

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Day of Light(1990)(Computer)

Fire Emblem Gaiden(1992)(Computer)

Fire Emblem:Mystery of the Emblem(1994)(Super Famicom)

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War(1996)(Super Famicom)

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776(1999)(Super Famicom)

Fire Emblem: The Binding (2002)(Game Boy Advance)

Fire Emblem(2003)(Game Boy Advance)

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones(2004)(Game Boy Advance)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance(2005)(GameCube)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn(2007)(Wii)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon(2008)(Nintendo DS)

Fire Emblem: Shin MonshŠno Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū(2010)(Nintendo DS)

Fire Emblem: Awakening(2012)(Nintendo 3DS)

Upcoming Games

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem(Spin Off)(Wii U)

Other Games

Super Smash Bros Series-Marth,Roy and Ike have been playable characters. Lyn also appeared as an assist trophy

To start the thread please mention what is your most liked character? Mine is Ilyana from Por & RD

Ilyana-1.jpgIlyana.jpg

Edited by snsdJM
  • Like 7

AWESOME! Playing Shin MonshŠno Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ rn. ~ SS and RNK are my faves though <33333 Soon when I get my 3DS, I'll get Awakening as well <33

I played the demo version of Awakening on the 3DS and I liked it.

I'll probably buy it next time I visit the game store.

:ahmagah:

I just finished Awakening like 2 days ago. Such a great game.

I've never played the previous titles before (unfortunately), but I did get Awakening on it's release day..
Wow... just wow. This game is ABSOLUTELY amazing!

The way that it gets you to strategize with every single move you make, just makes the game that much better.
I'm not sure if it was like this with past titles, but you get really attached to your characters (especially the strong ones).
And so you do everything in order for them to not face death, I just love it xD

Admittingly though.. I have lost some characters while playing and immediately shut off my console.
I haven't finished Awakening yet, but I've put in a good 20 - 30 hours so far and it seems like I've only
gotten half way into the game.. so I can't wait to finish it!!!

Anyways, we should post our characters!! Seeing as we get to customize them for Awakening! xD
--
My favorite class would have to be the Mage! (Dark Mage, Black Mage or whatever it's called).
You get this character (Ricken) during the story of Awakening and.. wow, he's just SO STRONG (and so cute) xD He actually made me fall in love with mages.

tJVfCZi.jpg

Finally a thread about fire emblem! Thank you so much!

I just finished Awakening like 2 days ago. Such a great game.

Ikr, it's such great game released by Nintendo this year. Anyway, what difficulty did you finish the game with?

:ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

I love me some Fire Emblem~!

Path of Radiance was my favorite GameCube game and Awakening was flawless.  :lub:

Finally a thread about fire emblem! Thank you so much!

Ikr, it's such great game released by Nintendo this year. Anyway, what difficulty did you finish the game with?

Hm I can't remember, normal I believe. What about you? 

I've only played through it once. I have a few other games I want to play but whenever I replay it I might select the harder difficulty.

I've never played the previous titles before (unfortunately), but I did get Awakening on it's release day..

The way that it gets you to strategize with every single move you make, just makes the game that much better.

I'm not sure if it was like this with past titles, but you get really attached to your characters (especially the strong ones).

Admittingly though.. I have lost some characters while playing and immediately shut off my console.

I haven't finished Awakening yet, but I've put in a good 20 - 30 hours so far and it seems like I've only

Anyways, we should post our characters!! Seeing as we get to customize them for Awakening! xD

--

My favorite class would have to be the Mage! (Dark Mage, Black Mage or whatever it's called).

You get this character (Ricken) during the story of Awakening and.. wow, he's just SO STRONG (and so cute) xD He actually made me fall in love with mages.

:lol: I've always done this in the past, I get so unreasonably angry lol. 

My avatar was so boring, male with long dark blue hair ~.~

--

tJVfCZi.jpg

haha xD We get our own units in the remake of Mystery of the Emblem as well (Shin monzo one). Lol

FireEmblem_wallpaper_Cover_1920x1200.jpg

How many characters from this image do you guys use in your main party? :)

I use five of them:

- Chrom 

- Lissa

- Frederick

- Sumia

- Lucina

Hm I can't remember, normal I believe. What about you? 

I've only played through it once. I have a few others games I want to play but whenever I replay it I might select the harder difficulty.

I played through it twice (normal and hard modes) and now, I am playing lunatic mode. But beware, lunatic will piss you off so much.

I played through it twice (normal and hard modes) and now, I am playing lunatic mode. But beware, lunatic will piss you off so much.

Haha it already pisses me off on normal. 

Anyway Virion & Miriel were probably my favourite characters in Awakening. I made them get married haha

5092-2113079572.png

FireEmblem_wallpaper_Cover_1920x1200.jpg

How many characters from this image do you guys use in your main party? :)

I use five of them:

- Chrom

- Lissa

- Frederick

- Sumia

- Lucina

Chrom

Sumia

Lucina

Tharja (she is one crazy bitch :happy: )

I also used Donnel and Henry too

So have you guys played the previous FE games? Or just Awakening?

I've played Fire Emblem the one with Lyn. I don't remember much from that one  :._.:

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance. Wbu?

I've played Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and about to start Sacred Stone

I've played Fire Emblem the one with Lyn. I don't remember much from that one  :._.:

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance. Wbu?

Ahh Rekka No Ken <3333 Ahh :._.:

SS as well. I have not played the gamecube and Wii ones. I don't own the consoles :sad:

I've played Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon and about to start Sacred Stone

Ahh SD <33 and SS <33

How's Radiant Dawn? I might consider getting that eventually.

Ahh Rekka No Ken <3333 Ahh :._.:

SS as well. I have not played the gamecube and Wii ones. I don't own the consoles :sad:

:sad:

do you own a 3DS?

The Greil Mercinaries <33 Mia, Soren, Shinon, Ike always my top characters..

It's great, but not as good as PoR. I still recommend you to get it though.

Ike looks like he is on steroids in Radiant Dawn btw... :happy:

Yay finally a thread for this game <3

Im in the middle of Awakening right now  :ahmagah:

But i've beaten Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Lyn is by far the best Lord idk what you guys are on  :omg:

tumblr_mltulynGSL1qanw7co1_1280.jpg

Thiefs are my fav class because they never get hit and land criticals half the time its great <3

Sothe is my favorite Thief  :hurr:

Ferd-sothe.jpg

:sad:

do you own a 3DS?

Sadly I don't :sad: On the upside I'm gonna buy it soon :D

You know I only played Fe 6 - 8

Because the Emulators/Roms/etc for the other games suck imo or are not available yet

Yay finally a thread for this game <3

Im in the middle of Awakening right now  :ahmagah:

But i've beaten Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Lyn is by far the best Lord idk what you guys are on  :omg:

tumblr_mltulynGSL1qanw7co1_1280.jpg

Thiefs are my fav class because they never get hit and land criticals half the time its great <3

Sothe is my favorite Thief  :hurr:

Ferd-sothe.jpg

Tbqh I hated Lyn

Why?

She was a fail swordmaster and a fail sniper or god knows what, she sucked compared to a swordmaster and sniper, her avoid rate was kinda ok but if she weren't a lord I wouldn't play her..  Her critical gif kinda looked cool though, 1 point for that + out of the 3 lords I still would say she is the weakest..

She couldn't even survive one round with Uhhai (Lv 6   :soul:  :soul: ) in the Endgame.

Tbqh I hated Lyn

Why?

She was a fail swordmaster and a fail sniper or god knows what, she sucked compared to a swordmaster and sniper, her avoid rate was kinda ok but if she weren't a lord I wouldn't play her..  Her critical gif kinda looked cool though, 1 point for that + out of the 3 lords I still would say she is the weakest..

She couldn't even survive one round with Uhhai (Lv 6   :soul:  :soul: ) in the Endgame.

That is true. But she had one of the best avoid in the game. She skipped more often than the others. But yeah offensively she was very weak. And her defenses are very weak as well. Her Speed+Skill+Luck were great though.