Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Events Team is Recruiting - Come join the fun!

Events Team

44 replies to this topic

#21 Falconer

Falconer

☆ NCT 2018 ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

you are welcome

wait, weren't you in events? where's your banner? weren't you recruited like 4 months ago?

#22 VANTE

VANTE

universal bae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Location++

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

wait, weren't you in events? where's your banner? weren't you recruited like 4 months ago?

i'm in the projects team, i am still in my probation period, and i'll get my banner when i fully host an event which i am working on

#23 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Hall OH Fame
  • 5,504 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Our senior members are doing fine with the events being produced. The Events Team is a team that is full of creativity, and it won't hurt to have more members than not. Recently our primary Events Team member numbers have dropped, not including the Asia and Project team, so we need more members to fill in spots of old members, it's been a long time coming for formal recruitment, and what better to start off right into the new year?  :ohbi:

Really?  Because I swear I've seen more recruitment posts from you guys than events hosted as a team in the last 6 months. 

I think you really should reformulate your structure instead of adding to the problem.  You have a Projects Team who in the last 3 months since recruitments have yet to do anything.  An Asia team, who being someone in the Asia time region, I've never seen a game that suits my time.  

#24 snsdJM

snsdJM

MY ❤NG & ❤NGNIEL L❤VE

• Events Coordinator
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

Congrats Haru.  

I just have an honest question, how many members of the team do you have already?  And how many events are being produced...? I think there's more of an issue on the role distribution of you staff, than a need to recruit new members for things the old members won't do... 

We currently have 10 members, we initially had more but over the course of the last 2-3 months we lost a few of our newer additions as well as some older team members stepping down.

Just in the last couple of months we produced the Hallohween event which spawned a lot of events/games within itself around 8 or more. We also planned events for Christmas which unfortunately didnt see the day of light due to the downtime we experienced in oh. Even now we are currently holding an event which is ohcation raffle

#25 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• Hall OH Fame
  • 22,038 posts
  • LocationWaiting for Somi to debut!

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:58 PM (Edited by Delphine, 14 January 2017 - 07:59 PM.)

Congratz Haru, and good luck to all the applicants :chu:

#26 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Hall OH Fame
  • 5,504 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:02 PM (Edited by Sophrosyne, 14 January 2017 - 11:36 PM.)

We currently have 10 members, we initially had more but over the course of the last 2-3 months we lost a few of our newer additions as well as some older team members stepping down.

Just in the last couple of months we produced the Hallohween event which spawned a lot of events/games within itself around 8 or more. We also planned events for Christmas which unfortunately didnt see the day of light due to the downtime we experienced in oh. Even now we are currently holding an event which is ohcation raffle

JM, you're a great member of the team, and too some, one of the few that actually carries out your responsibilities for the team.  But that doesn't change that for the number of members you do have, you're not holding all that many events.  Halloween was one big event about collecting tokens that you could trade, it sums to one big event.  OH was back up on the 18th of December, one whole week before Christmas and I know OH is not your only means of communication, so you could have continued to prepare for the events during downtime.  

In the span of 2-3 months, you guys as a team, who were officially hired to make events and games for OH have hosted less games collectively than members of the OH community.  

#27 HARU!

HARU!

92 EXPLORER

• Hall OH Fame
  • 43,228 posts
  • LocationITZY? ITZY!

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Really?  Because I swear I've seen more recruitment posts from you guys than events hosted as a team in the last 6 months. 

I think you really should reformulate your structure instead of adding to the problem.  You have a Projects Team who in the last 3 months since recruitments have yet to do anything.  An Asia team, who being someone in the Asia time region, I've never seen a game that suits my time.  

We've only done recruiting for our Project and Asia teams in the past 6 months, this being our first one for our general team application since February 2016. The major events like Halloween and Christmas (which we couldn't do due to the OH downtime) take a lot of effort and organising, months prior to the events are actually held. Our major events have a lot of games running by multiple team members. The Projects Team and Asia Team recruits are still on probation until hosting solo, and those recruits have been working behind the scenes with our team members in helping producing events. The Projects and Asia Teams are both new to our team, and we're only in the first few months of working with 2 new sub teams. Both teams are tricky to handle at the start as we only have a few recruits per team, and we will be expanding those teams in the near future.

#28 HARU!

HARU!

92 EXPLORER

• Hall OH Fame
  • 43,228 posts
  • LocationITZY? ITZY!

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

JM, you're a great member of the team, and too some one of the few that actually carries out your responsibilities for the team.  But that doesn't change that for the number of members you do have, you're not holding all that many events.  Halloween was one big event about collecting tokens that you could trade, it sums to one big event.  OH was back up on the 18th of December, one whole week before Christmas and I know OH is not your only means of communication, so you could have continued to prepare for the events during downtime.  

In the span of 2-3 months, you guys as a team, who were officially hired to make events and games for OH have hosted less games collectively than members of the OH community.  

Ahjumma Laugh was planning to put up sign-ups for the Secret Santa the day after OH went down. The Events we had organised were organised prior, and were needed to be promoted before Christmas season. Having only 1 week until Christmas to promote and hold the planned events weren't enough, thus Christmas events were called off. 

We can accept constructive criticism, but before you know what goes on behind the scenes, I think it's best to not go hard on our team.

#29 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Hall OH Fame
  • 5,504 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:29 PM (Edited by Sophrosyne, 14 January 2017 - 08:29 PM.)

We've only done recruiting for our Project and Asia teams in the past 6 months, this being our first one for our general team application since February 2016. The major events like Halloween and Christmas (which we couldn't do due to the OH downtime) take a lot of effort and organising, months prior to the events are actually held. Our major events have a lot of games running by multiple team members. The Projects Team and Asia Team recruits are still on probation until hosting solo, and those recruits have been working behind the scenes with our team members in helping producing events. The Projects and Asia Teams are both new to our team, and we're only in the first few months of working with 2 new sub teams. Both teams are tricky to handle at the start as we only have a few recruits per team, and we will be expanding those teams in the near future. 

Ahjumma Laugh was planning to put up sign-ups for the Secret Santa the day after OH went down. The Events we had organised were organised prior, and were needed to be promoted before Christmas season. Having only 1 week until Christmas to promote and hold the planned events weren't enough, thus Christmas events were called off. 

We can accept constructive criticism, but before you know what goes on behind the scenes, I think it's best to not go hard on our team.

But does that change my question?  Why does an official team host less events than members of the OH community?  Do their games pale in comparison when it comes to planning, organisation and creativity, compared to yours?  No.  Do they pale in terms of prizes which have to come out of their own pockets most of the time?  No.  Are these people taking months to plan the events?  No, for the majority.  

Let's talk about Secret Santa.  OH has done Secret Santa every year it has been up for Christmas.  Not only is it the least creative event out there, but does it take that 10 people to plan and host it?  No.   

Also I'm aware that your team hired a bunch of people during your recruitment period, claiming they would make games for the Asia region, yet how long has it been since you were a team member yet still no Asia time appropriate events?   I also remember you being very passive aggressive when I first pointed out that it wasn't happening only as a light remark as well.  It's a reoccurring problem.  You promise Asian time events, you hire more people for it and nothing comes.  

I'm not criticising the team because I want to, but I'm just stating the problems I actually see.  You can make excuses, but the problems are still there and I will end it at that. 

#30 ˹AS˼

˹AS˼

(ᵔᴥᵔ)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,126 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

EB5hJJn.gif

#31 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Star

• Hall OH Fame
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationRetirement

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

I am reopening this thread.  I appreciate the interest in our team and our projects, but ask that all related suggestions, criticisms and comments be sent to me in PM, or to the Ask Events Thread.  

Thank you,

AL

#32 HARU!

HARU!

92 EXPLORER

• Hall OH Fame
  • 43,228 posts
  • LocationITZY? ITZY!

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

The thread is now unlocked. Please use this space to voice any questions you have regarding applications, all suggestions/criticisms and comments to our team are to be taken to our Ask The Events Team thread or pmed to Ahjumma Laugh, links in the post above.

If you have a passion for producing and executing events, as well as have a creative mind and good team work skills, then we want you! 

#33 Еli

Еli

† The Shady Bunch †

• PipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Yikes. My graphic skills :unsure:

#34 HARU!

HARU!

92 EXPLORER

• Hall OH Fame
  • 43,228 posts
  • LocationITZY? ITZY!

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

kinda want to join but i haven't got much hosting experience and i suck at graphics

i'll probably apply to the next recruitment

http://orig10.deviantart.net/fd23/f/2015...

good luck to everyone applying

Yikes. My graphic skills :unsure:

Graphics aren't required at all! It's preferred (as in, it could be picmonkey graphics or something), but it's just so you can decorate your game threads a bit better, text is totally fine, or contacting another team member to help out, as many of our members do. :)

#35 MeiTzu

MeiTzu

🍒𝓞𝓗𝓝𝓮𝓽𝓲𝔃𝓮𝓷🍒

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,214 posts
  • Location💕IZ*One's Dorm💕BTS x TWICE Party Mansion💕KPOPLand💕

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:02 AM

yasss haru yasss congrats :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

goodluck to applicants

#36 Sailor Mars

Sailor Mars

I did it for the people

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts
  • LocationFeeling the vibe

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

oh wow this is open again! I wont be accepted bc i got warning points BUT i just want to know if i were to get accepted, if any of my ideas would be rejected? I would like to know the chances of it being rejected too? And if it's rejected, could i still host the game i had in mind? and would i be given reasons why it was rejected? or what? would i also be a permanent member of your team? I won't get in but just asking

#37 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Star

• Hall OH Fame
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationRetirement

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

oh wow this is open again! I wont be accepted bc i got warning points BUT i just want to know if i were to get accepted, if any of my ideas would be rejected? I would like to know the chances of it being rejected too? And if it's rejected, could i still host the game i had in mind? and would i be given reasons why it was rejected? or what? would i also be a permanent member of your team? I won't get in but just asking

We can always discuss your warning points in a PM.

#38 Pupper

Pupper

yo girls lesbian crush

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Location( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆ walking down the street in my brand new car

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:33 AM

Again?

#39 Ahjumma Laugh

Ahjumma Laugh

Star

• Hall OH Fame