Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
justcoolmuzic

sales [X-ËXØ OBSESSION ] EXO General Sales Thread

The song is doing so good, I'm so proud.

It's at 724k unique listeners, I'm so happy for Soyou and Baekhyun, I am sure they are proud and they should be!

754K as of 10pm kst. Still @ #1. They did so well for a non promoted single. They must be really happy. Edited by justcoolmuzic

778k unique listeners at 11PM. I guess that's gonna be the peak. For a single with little noise, it's huge. 

I hope the song can hold up and do well. Good to see Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun all having solo collab hits on the charts. Public recognition for each member individually will only help the group to prosper more.

I also hope that For Life can somehow get to 400k lol

I'm almost done with the ost/collabs/featuring chart. It'll be up this weekend......hopefully! tumblr_m4i9bxwCtL1qdlkyg.gif

They finished the day with 798k unique listeners

now back to #2 for the night. they did well i hope they do well the 2nd day too and get longevity on the chart.

It's back at #1 in melon. They did great. Let's hope for it's longevity & high dl numbers too. :)

I hope the song can hold up and do well. Good to see Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun all having solo collab hits on the charts. Public recognition for each member individually will only help the group to prosper more.

I also hope that For Life can somehow get to 400k lol

They re starting the year right. I think it's wise that their names are slowly being familiar with the public thru these collabs & osts before the group's grand comeback.

Lol....For Life is slowly getting that 400k, it's cute. :lol:

I don`t like this and I can`t even hide it :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not totally sure I fully get what the changes entail but it seems like it's gonna hurt boy groups from what I'm reading~

I'm not totally sure I fully get what the changes entail but it seems like it's gonna hurt boy groups from what I'm reading~

DLs wise is it gonna hurt tho?I can`t fully understand now.Part of the reason public might be checking out EXO song is because they see it at number 1 when they wake up? Massive streamings are also done for this I think.

roof hits and all kills will be extra hard

But 12-6 PM are not even peak hours,public normally doesn`t listen to music during that time,they are working,while streamers(Lmao the term here ) can just stream while doing what they do,just like at night,you have your playlist on and you are sleeping.So charting during these hours I don`t think will be too hard,and if those changes happen,fans will probs come up with new ways to help with charting.

But debuting with all your songs occupying charts at nightime is a sight to see and I am sad if we never  get to see that again :rlytearpls:

Edited by lenkaAeri

DLs wise is it gonna hurt tho?I can`t fully understand now.Part of the reason public might be checking out EXO song is because they see it at number 1 when they wake up? Massive streamings are also done for this I think.

roof hits and all kills will be extra hard

But 12-6 PM are not even peak hours,public normally doesn`t listen to music during that time,they are working,while streamers(Lmao the term here ) can just stream while doing what they do,just like at night,you have your playlist on and you are sleeping.So charting during these hours I don`t think will be too hard,and if those changes happen,fans will probs come up with new ways to help with charting.

But debuting with all your songs occupying charts at nightime is a sight to see and I am sad if we never  get to see that again :rlytearpls:

I was concerned since streaming at those hours is usually what helped keep new songs alive so the public could check for them when they woke up, but if that streaming won't count anymore, wouldn't that hinder us? 

Have you seen this?

http://onehallyu.com/topic/472311-music-charts-will-now-only-show-realtime-rankings-from-12pm-6pm/

Do you think this change will effect how EXO will do on the charts?  :cry:

what about morning? isn't it part of the supposed "peak hours".

Honestly this is unnecessary it's not like BG charting at night is hurting anyone.

I was concerned since streaming at those hours is usually what helped keep new songs alive so the public could check for them when they woke up, but if that streaming won't count anymore, wouldn't that hinder us?

I think the streaming will go down a little bit. But i also think that exols or fans of boy groups will have a way to go around this. And i think theres no big impact on this since bg fans are dedicated. We have 300k followers on melon thats already enough for a decent digital but still low for exo. But i am also worried

what about morning? isn't it part of the supposed "peak hours".

Honestly this is unnecessary it's not like BG charting at night is hurting anyone.

Yeah, the main point of it is just to push the songs up to a point where the public will see them in the morning since it's not like the public will naturally check for them like GGs~

I think the streaming will go down a little bit. But i also think that exols or fans of boy groups will have a way to go around this. And i think theres no big impact on this since bg fans are dedicated. We have 300k followers on melon thats already enough for a decent digital but still low for exo. But i am also worried

I hope it won't be as bad as we're thinking~ C___C But I also hope K-EXO-L will find away around it if it does end up affecting us~

so streams during any time other than 12-6pm won`t count?I know we won`t be able to see how those streams affect realtime chart excluding those 6 hours,but streams during other hours will be lost?? I don`t get it.

I think what you said might hurt us to some extent,thats what I was asking too.

But I don`t think EXO will be much affected.their digital performance won`t be any worse because of this change.all kills and roofhits RIP.

so streams during any time other than 12-6pm won`t count?I know we won`t be able to see how those streams affect realtime chart excluding those 6 hours,but streams during other hours will be lost?? I don`t get it.

I think what you said might hurt us to some extent,thats what I was asking too.

But I don`t think EXO will be much affected.their digital performance won`t be any worse because of this change.all kills and roofhits RIP.

That's what I'm not sure about~ If the streaming will count then or if it will and we just won't see it~ But no, I don't think it will affect their digital performance in the long run, they're not that amazing digitally as it is~

I just read the thread. I'm still in the process of looking for more article directly from korean news outlet regarding this.

Artists use to release digital album at 12pm, idk when the massive releases at 12am started & became a trend.

I was hoping they'll get rid of the realtime chart 'coz it's really no use.

I'll be very honest, it's a good change. It somehow gave a fair playing field for everyone. Contrary to what everyone thinks, 8am-10am isn't really peak hours as it is still being dominated by big fandoms. And like what some said, it's the time when people are only checking the songs that they see when they wake up (out of curiosity on why those songs are on top10) & not because they like them then drop the songs. 12pm-6pm is when you can really see if public do listens & checked songs because those are the times that massive fandoms can't.

Some of Exo's tracks have proven us that public do check, listens & download their songs. I actually wanna see if this change will finally give us solid proof that public do recognize Exo. Let's just wait for more official statement & news about this. :)

Edited by justcoolmuzic

I just read the thread. I'm still in the process of looking for more article directly from korean news outlet regarding this.

Artists use to release digital album at 12pm, idk when the massive releases at 12am started & became a trend.

I was hoping they'll get rid of the realtime chart 'coz it's really no use.

I'll be very honest, it's a good change. It somehow gave a fair playing field for everyone. Contrary to what everyone thinks, 8am-10am isn't really peak hours as it is still being dominated by big fandoms. And like what some said, it's the time when people are only checking the songs that they see when they wake up (out of curiosity on why those songs are on top10) & not because they like them then drop the songs. 12pm-6pm is when you can really see if public do listens & checked songs because those are the times that massive fandoms can't.

Some of Exo's tracks have proven us that public do check, listens & download their songs. I actually wanna see if this change will finally give us solid proof that public do recognize Exo. Let's just wait for more official statement & news about this. :)

So you're saying it could be good cuz it can give us a viewing of how much the public actually listens to EXO, not taking fan streaming into account?

So you're saying it could be good cuz it can give us a viewing of how much the public actually listens to EXO, not taking fan streaming into account?

As far as the articles explained & from how i understand it, the changes that will be implented is the showing of real time charting only & the first day charting of newly release songs. Other than that, mass streaming esp. at night can still be done it's just that fans won't have a way of knowing where the song stands since again, real time chart will only be shown from 12pm-6pm. The guide that fans can use to see how the song is doing other than the window given hours is the daily chart.

Mass streaming is fans' way of promoting their faves but it's also kind of "white cheating". When i said that the change could be a good for thing for exo, it means that if it shows good ranking for those real time window hours like how Monster & Lucky One did, it means its charting is not only based from fans massive streaming. They charted fair & square. Exo only have 300+k melon users so it'll be a good thing.

Idk....maybe i'm more into wanting fair & clean achievements for Exo & a clean reputation for Exols rather than Exols being known as the only ones who knows Exo or the only reason why Exo's songs are charting. I mean....at least Exols or bg fandoms won't be branded as Zombie fans anymore because no one will ne able to see if they still are.

Edited by justcoolmuzic

As far as the articles explained & from how i understand it, the changes that will be implented is the showing of real time charting only & the first day charting of newly release songs. Other than that, mass streaming esp. at night can still be done it's just that fans won't have a way of knowing where the song stands since again, real time chart will only be shown from 12pm-6pm. The guide that fans can use to see how the song is doing other than the window given hours is the daily chart.

Mass streaming is fans' way of promoting their faves but it's also kind of "white cheating". When i said that the change could be a good for thing for exo, it means that if it shows good ranking for those real time window hours like how Monster & Lucky One did, it means its charting is not only based from fans massive streaming. They charted fair & square. Exo only have 300+k melon users so it'll be a good thing.

Idk....maybe i'm more into wanting fair & clean achievements for Exo & a clean reputation for Exols rather than Exols being known as the ones who only knows Exo or the only reason why Exo's songs are charting. I mean....at least Exols or bg fandoms won't be branded as Zombie fans anymore because no one will ne able to see if they still are.

I also think it's fairer, it just seemed like it would hinder EXO, so I wasn't too happy about it~ But if it doesn't hinder them as much as I first thought, then it will be okay for me~ I just didn't want it to stop people from checking out their songs~  :rlytearpls:

I also think it's fairer, it just seemed like it would hinder EXO, so I wasn't too happy about it~ But if it doesn't hinder them as much as I first thought, then it will be okay for me~ I just didn't want it to stop people from checking out their songs~ :rlytearpls:

I understand your worries. The mass streaming will still be a big help wether we see them happening or not. It will still booast their position in daily chart which is way more important than realtime chart. At this point in Exo's career, it's better to be on top this way. They'll be fine. It's been proven in their digital charting. :)

I understand your worries. The mass streaming will still be a big help wether we see them happening or not. It will still booast their position in daily chart which is way more important than realtime chart. At this point in Exo's career, it's better to be on top this way. They'll be fine. It's been proven in their digital charting. :)

OK, thanks for explaining~  :chu:  Do you know when it goes into effect, BTW?

it's strange and definitely a big change but I'm excited to see how this will turn out. it's interesting. the timings they've chosen really shows that they're targeting bg fans. more fairer and stable this way imo. this would also open to more noon releases.

exo will do fine regardless tho. they've proven to withstand and maintain great numbers so I'm not too concerned bout them

they might as well get rid of the realtime chart tho. doesn't make sense.

OK, thanks for explaining~  :chu:  Do you know when it goes into effect, BTW?

by the end of this month iirc