Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
justcoolmuzic

sales [X-ËXØ OBSESSION ] EXO General Sales Thread

You beat me by a second in posting that. :lol:

C3ICmQYWEAAZd8v.jpg

Here's Coming Over's current physical album sales numbers.

C3IEupKWEAAFCv5.jpg

A lot of people doesn't know how japanese music certification works. So proud of this another achievement for Exo & J-ExoLs!

Sorry for asking,but did Romantic universe reached platinum?

Melon weekly chart :

January 23-29, 2017

FsMEWka.png

**** Will update the main page later upon the availability of the monthly chart for January 2017. :)

Thanks for the update

how long does Monster need to hang in there to enter in that highest charting songs based on weeks? I may not be wording it accurate.

Last time i checked, as of Mid December 2016 Comprehensive Chart, the song in the 15th spot have 31weeks. For Exo:

Call Me Baby - 45 weeks in comprehensive, 51 week in regular chart.

Love Me Right - 43 weeks in comprehensive, 44 weeks in regular chart.

Growl - 49 in comprehensive, 50 in regular chart.

Monster & Lucky One is at week 34 now & still charting.

For Domestic/Regular chart, the song in 10th spot have 56 weeks.

Thanks

So Monster needs more than 2 months charting to have same weeks charting as LMR and CMB.hoping it can make it.

I just realized that For You album already surpassed SFY album's commulative sales up to 2016 in Hanteo. Now i can't imagine how much more the next full album can sell considering For You's sales.

It has  surpassed SFY`s sales like forever already lmao

I hope SM won`t make only one version though,it`s not about sales,just one version is a bit meh

First week of january to be exact. :lol: I overlooked it.

Hmmmmm...actually during lotto era most exols here are hoping for just 1 edition, 1 cover album only to see exo's real selling power & to shut down all the whining & arguments about combining the sales of 2 editions. For You album tecnically still had to 2 versions but in one package & it worked so well.

A lot of fans were predicting that SM would put both CDs in one package for this winter mini.It happened  and it served its purpose.And i think it shut  down some antis,but imao they never fail to come up with new excuses.

I know it probably won`t happen but I want many different versions for this comeback.But it`s highly possible SM will release only one version like For Life.it`s a bit underwhelming for me,but It won`t affect sales just like in For Life`s case.

For Life at 380k omg :chu:

On hanteo numbers are higher than SFY but not on Gaon

Why??

More copies were shipped for SFY + there's the C-edition. Gaon counts the shipment of album based on/or predicted demand, not on real-time sales to customers. :)

I know the difference but why less albums were shipped evenn tho it sold more on real time sales is the WHY here.

I'm not totally sure I fully get what the changes entail but it seems like it's gonna hurt boy groups from what I'm reading~

DLs wise is it gonna hurt tho?I can`t fully understand now.Part of the reason public might be checking out EXO song is because they see it at number 1 when they wake up? Massive streamings are also done for this I think.

roof hits and all kills will be extra hard

But 12-6 PM are not even peak hours,public normally doesn`t listen to music during that time,they are working,while streamers(Lmao the term here ) can just stream while doing what they do,just like at night,you have your playlist on and you are sleeping.So charting during these hours I don`t think will be too hard,and if those changes happen,fans will probs come up with new ways to help with charting.

But debuting with all your songs occupying charts at nightime is a sight to see and I am sad if we never  get to see that again :rlytearpls:

Edited by lenkaAeri

I was concerned since streaming at those hours is usually what helped keep new songs alive so the public could check for them when they woke up, but if that streaming won't count anymore, wouldn't that hinder us? 

so streams during any time other than 12-6pm won`t count?I know we won`t be able to see how those streams affect realtime chart excluding those 6 hours,but streams during other hours will be lost?? I don`t get it.

I think what you said might hurt us to some extent,thats what I was asking too.

But I don`t think EXO will be much affected.their digital performance won`t be any worse because of this change.all kills and roofhits RIP.

Update :

Hanteo numbers : For Life Album

Feb 13-19, 2017 : 763 copies

Accumulated total: 381,074

*** Updated the monitoring chart.

Melon weekly chart :

February 13-19, 2017

Rain by Suoyou & Baekhyun debut @ #2 in Commulative weekly chart & at #1 in Regular/Domestic chart....image_emoticon34.png

mxtzALJ.png

Thanks

Nice to see most of the songs are charting better since Rain`s release.Those streaming help with digital rankings a lot.

I hope all collabs that will be in the way(hopefully)will do good and contribute to other EXO`s release`s chartings too.

Edited by lenkaAeri

It's seriously amazing they still sell that much when they're not even active~ fD4JAZe.png

MY C VERS BBYS rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

I don`t have a single C ver yet warstarplz.png

If I want to buy EXODUS all 20 versions,I cant right? Is there any place that`s selling new ones without random cover options??

I want all the versions rlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.png

Edited by ♡ LOEY ♡

I don't think so~ I think it's really hard to find some members' versions now~

So SM never restocks previous albums?

but they are still selling.I can`t understand how it`s working.

This month For Life selling 2k,This 2k was what company shipped to stores or probably not??Is not gaon what`s shipped? 5cF9Biq.png

If this 2k is sold from the stores(online or offline) that would mean that they should have  already  been counted for precious month shipment,No??

Edited by ♡ LOEY ♡

Even if just that of LMR's record since both were released on June 2015 & 2016 repectively, would be really nice. But if it reaches CMB's record....wow & better thank K-exols!smile.png

I think it can reach LMR record.CMB will be really hard.

But even reaching LMR is amazing seeing as Monster was not as well received by public as LMR.It could have done even a little bit better if it was more promoted.

OMG I never thought about this until now

Hanteo                          Gaon

EXODUS     531k              760k

EX`act        721k               797k

Sing for you 329k               494k

For Life       359k               438k

LIKE??? 

Especially with EX`ct,like album sold 721k hanteo and only 76k+ on Gaon?? it should be at least 150k difference.seeing how every other group is doing and even looking at EXODUS has 229k Gaon Hanteo difference,

Honestly what did SM do?? It`s worrying for next comeback,

Hanteo numbers keep increasing and wht Gaon decreasing? when Gaon is company shipments and SM is what?? not shippin enough?

EX`ct could have been close to million on Gaon or even crossing it,721 k is huge on hanteo,idk why they even bothered with repack.If they stocked Ex`act as every other company would have done.and thinking that EXO might be coming back with mini now..

Edited by ♡ LOEY ♡

SM sucks at shipping, SMH~

But the growth from EXODUS to EX'ACT on Hanteo~ Declining indeed~ dave.png

Butt??? what kinda company does that unsure.pngunsure.png

522 k in a week for EX`act and you would think some huge Gaon numbers and it has as little difference as can be.

I hope they've recognized this and do better stocking this time around~ wthplz.png There were so many fans mad they couldn't get EX'ACT because it was out of stock so soon, and even worse for For Life~ 

I know how For Life went and looking at SM,they didn`t take any notice for it. wthplz.png

now that you pointed out it does seem off tbh i always find gaon numbers to be higher than hanteo with 100k to 200k especially with exo.

but if its a prob of restocking then there arent enough demands no? i always see people complaining about it but does it only happen with exo within sm?

It happens to every SM group.Which means to me that SM has this kinda marketing way,I think when they are content with the results,they don`t stock anymore.Gaon sales also include albums not sold yet,being in stores,so maybe SM doesn`t want to overestimate how much their artists sell and doesn`t want to end up with too many albums still on the shelves,Kinda like "Be safe" politics.Better to sell less than possibly have financial loss,IDK,Maybe.but in the process of this,they are underestimating their groups.

I am sure it`s no about lack of demand? like?? Ex`act went out of stock very quickly and first month shipments is only 67kk difference from EX`act for Gaon.this clearly doesn`t make  sense.saying that there were not enough demand is wrong,because EX`act had most pre orders ever with 660k. it should have had at least 200k difference with Hanteo,only explanation I have is that SM was planning to release Lotto and they were going for Million seller title again,so they didn`t bother with restocking EX`act and just went with lotto,which fulfillied their goal.

On koreamall,which I think is one of the biggest online store for  ifans For Life was out of stock several days before releasing.I just in time managed to order it,and like an hour after,it was not available due to the lack of stoking and since then it has not been up on that site.Idk how much sense it makes for an album to be out of stock before release,if it is normal thing,then OK.but I don`t think so.

Edited by ♡ LOEY ♡

What about Monster Downloads??

It's been out of top100 in both commulative & domestic since week5 of 2017. Monster had 830,155 dl then.

Thanks.

So if it does`t return to top 100,we won`t know the number of DLs right?

Does it have a chance of returning? It would be hard to go back to top 100 now.

It probably will if exo have a comeback soon, it would enter the chart for maybe 1 or even possibly 2 weeks but other than that it will just accumulate downloads without us knowing smile.png

Well,I don`t see EXO having a comeback soon.

They will probably comeback no less than June.

But if there will be some collab,it might help get Monster back.

Afaik, we can actually inquire in Gaon regarding artists data....i just dont have the guts to do so. warstarplz.png

it's hard to know if Monster can come back in Gaon dl chart with the absence of any Exo or members promotions though they still charting in the streaminh department.

So that`s the case. Then maybe someone from EXO L will have the guts one day. 

Arent` K EXO L interested about Monster DLs? I think they will inquire and find that out,who will if not for them laugh.png

One more week to reach what kind of record?

To tie up with LMR`s record in comprehensive chart.

LMR charted in comprehensive chart for 43 weeks(CMB for 45 weeks)

LMR charted in domestic chart for 44 weeks( CMB 51 weeks )

Monster already has 42 weeks. It`s already one of the longest charting songs on Melon.Without it being public friendly or well-promoted.

So LMR and Monster are released during the same time and LMR accumulated 808k until the end of 2015 and Monster just a little behind,ending 2016 with 789 (+7k for repack version)

Really neck to neck.

But it`s an impression that Monster did so much bad for EXO,while it`s behind but not even that much,

i think LMR and CMB left more impact within the public. probably due to the light concept and the competition (yep petty fanwars serve some promotion).

i wonder what genre they will try this year.

I also think they lacked a competition during EX`act era.Legit lacked.

coming back with B-B helped them in every way.

Light concept >> for public.But still Monster charted well and is having longevity despite being non public friendly or what promotions even.basically non existent.