Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
justcoolmuzic

sales [X-ËXØ OBSESSION ] EXO General Sales Thread

Finally, an organized sales thread for Exo. Thanks OP

Wow at their digital, i didn't know they doing so well in that aspect even in the past years.

oh i forgot to aknowledge you banner OP. it's so pretty esp. the main one, the EXO with their photos. Love it! :chu:

they've been doing well since Growl era :)

yeah i kinda notice that too. they really bloomed since then.

Thanks. It actually took me much longer in choosing the banner than summarizing all the numbers. :lol:

Lmao! I bet it was hard with the banner. If i may add, i think it'll be nice to add their billboard/world album chart data as well since you already have an existing kpop billboard thread. But it's up to you. :chu:

omg.....i totally forgot the billboard thing. shoot.Uv3J9jo.gifthanks for reminding me. i'll add that one.

Hahahaha. Like one user here said, take your time. You're doing a good job. Let us do some updates here too. tumblr_odne05QceO1sjfvn7o5_250.gif

For Life album sales as of 2nd week of January in Hanteo:

January 9-15, 2017 :         4,185 copies

Accumulated total:      372,857 copies

I hope they can slowly reach 400K.

that Mama first day & first week sale to how the suceeding album numbers. started from the bottom really that some people just don't want to grasp.

Melon week ly chart :

January 08-15, 2017

AWHommN.png

Monster & Lucky One...hanging still!

GAON Chart 2017 Week 2 update

Jan 8-14, 2017

*Monster*

Digital : #98

Downloads : 13,252 (816,764)

Streaming : 1,033,757 (41,367808)

Album : #66

*For Life*

Digital : #74

Downloads : 15,749 (184,667)

Streaming : 1,219,969 ( 6,906,985)

Album: #29

*** Updated the monitoring chart in main page for Gaon charting/numbers of other Exo releases. :)

It never fails to amuse me how monster go in & out of top 100 in dl & digital. It just refuse to die. :lol:

ikr! 1week they're out, then the following week....they're back again.

It's nice tho. I hope monster will be their next song to reach 1M dls no matter how long it takes.

Btw...last week, Exo's Coming Over single album is at #40 in Oricon Singles Chart with 949 copies sold (155,035 total)

C2kKJfQW8AE6ifc.jpg

They would've sold more had they promoted it more. But really good numbers still. :)

GAON Chart 2017 Week 3 update

Jan 15-21, 2017

*Monster*

Digital : charted out / #97 in domestic chart

Downloads : charted out again (816,764)

Streaming : 939,809 (42,307,617)

Album : #71

*For Life*

Digital : #88

Downloads : 13,210 (197,877)

Streaming : 1,038,334 (7,945,319)

Album: #38

*** Updated the monitoring chart in main page for Gaon charting/numbers of other Exo music/album releases. :)

We were just talking about Monster being in & out of the chart, it happens again. But it's okay. I'm sure it's still have good download numbers this week.

Edited by kanarisakura

EXO’s 3rd Full-Length album ‘EX’ACT’ has been certified Platinum in Korea for worldwide sales exceeding 1,000,000 copies.

tumblr_inline_okhvjcA84t1qjf486_540.jpg

Korea recognizes them as million sellers xUrV17J.gif

It's beautiful! :)

Melon weekly chart :

January 23-29, 2017

FsMEWka.png

**** Will update the main page later upon the availability of the monthly chart for January 2017. :)

I love that there's still For Life B-side track in the chart. And nice to see Dynamic Duo & Chen's collab too.

<p>

Updates on main page: image.gif

• Melon Chart - updates for weekly & monthly ranking - January 2017
  • Monitoring chart for Gaon & Hanteo. Will make another update for Gaon monthly sales upon data availability.

I just realized that For You album already surpassed SFY album's commulative sales up to 2016 in Hanteo. Now i can't imagine how much more the next full album can sell considering For You's sales.

It has surpassed SFY`s sales like forever already lmao

I hope SM won`t make only one version though,it`s not about sales,just one version is a bit meh

First week of january to be exact. :lol: I overlooked it.

Hmmmmm...actually during lotto era most exols here are hoping for just 1 edition, 1 cover album only to see exo's real selling power & to shut down all the whining & arguments about combining the sales of 2 editions. For You album tecnically still had to 2 versions but in one package & it worked so well.

Edited by kanarisakura

But why i can't see Monster downloads on Gaon? :._.:

It's at #97 in domestic chart. :)

A lot of fans were predicting that SM would put both CDs in one package for this winter mini.It happened and it served its purpose.And i think it shut down some antis,but imao they never fail to come up with new excuses.

I know it probably won`t happen but I want many different versions for this comeback.But it`s highly possible SM will release only one version like For Life.it`s a bit underwhelming for me,but It won`t affect sales just like in For Life`s case.

I get your point :) Bur more than anything else, i'm looking forward for another good quality album & full promotions like their 2015 era. :)

I think SM was testing the water when they released just 1edition, 1cover For You album & it did so well despite not having any promotions & with only 3 members in the MV. Almost half a million copies sold is such an amazing record. I'm not gonna expect anything for the comeback, sales-wise. I want it to be a pressure & stress free comeback. image.gif

Hopefully it's a stress-free comeback but i doubt it'll be pressure-free. Even k-exols admitted feeling the pressure every time. Sigh. The price of being on the top.

True. As much as we all EXO-L wants to be as relax and stress-free as much as possible for their next comeback, it won't work for us. It's like our duty for EXO and EXO-L to top our previous recorda due to the pressure of media and other fandoms. The truth is sad.

This is true~ There's always so much pressure because otherwise EXO's "declining" despite how well they're actually doing~ And EX'ACT is such a huge mountain to top, it'll surely be a challenge to recreate those numbers~ But we manage to surprise ourselves every time, so I have faith this year will be no different~ For now we can actually enjoy a bit of stress-free time before they comeback~

IA. But what's really good about exo-ls is that it's always our old record that we hope to topped & not that of others. The competition is with our own but still the pressure of doing it is so strong. I'm actually glad that Exo is not having any comeback yet, they're finally having a long rest & we exols are finally having a bit of a breather too. :)

Monster download is at least at 850K by now countig the weeks that it's out of top 100.

And Exo gaining new fans seeing their old albums are still selling. I mean.......MAMA!!!

:) Thanks for addinh the monthly chart. for monitoring

Ty7t7Rj.png

Edited by kanarisakura

Melon weekly chart :

March 02 - 12, 2017

WVk39R2.png

MONSTER charting;

*** only needs 3 more weeks to tie up LMR record in Comprehensive chart with 43 weeks & 4 more weeks in Domestic chart, LMR charted for 44 weeks in it.

*** needs 5 more weeks to tie up CMB record in Comprehensive chart with 45 weeks. 11 more in thought Domestic, CMB stayed for 51 weeks. :)

OMG.....so close to LMR & CMB's record. I think the comprehensive chart is more important, i hope Monster reach that record.

So LMR and Monster are released during the same time and LMR accumulated 808k until the end of 2015 and Monster just a little behind,ending 2016 with 789 (+7k for repack version)

Really neck to neck.

But it`s an impression that Monster did so much bad for EXO,while it`s behind but not even that much,

I actually can't comprehend when ppl says that Monster didn't do well just bcz it is few thousand less than the previous releases when in fact it did so well by Exo & boy group standard despite it's dark concept & lack of promotions.

Melon Monthly Chart : March 2017

Commulative*

#12 : Rain by Soyou & Baekhyun

#14 : Stay with Me by Punch & Chanyeol

#26 : Nosedive by Dynamic Dou & Chen

#83 : Monster by Exo

#92 : For Life by Exo

Regular/Domestic*

#02 : Rain

#22 : Nosedive

#69 : Monster

#76 : For Life

#89 : Lotto

OST*

#03 : Stay With Me (Goblin)

#13 : I'm Not Okay (Missing 9)

#38 : For You (Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

#54 : Everytime ( DOTS )

Will update thw monitoring chart in a bit.

Melon weekly chart :

March 27 - April 02, 2017

Ln8hckO.png

MONSTER officially tied up with Love Me Right's Commulative charting at 43 weeks!! vrDl2A3.gif

Wow at non promoted For Life making it at monthly chart still.

And YES Monster made it!!!!!

tumblr_olrzknBwg41rlp1jgo2_540.gif