Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
justcoolmuzic

sales [X-ËXØ OBSESSION ] EXO General Sales Thread

amazing AMAZING job as always, justcoolmuzic!

if anyone wanted a few updates (since nobody really posted them in the EX'ACT sales thread):

As of Jan. 7th, Monster has sold 803,482 copies. Hopefully, it will be able to get to 1M.

Also, Chanyeol & Punch's Stay With Me OST is at 594,432 copies.

wouldn't it be easier to just have only one official thread and put everything in?

I think they meant that they'll start a 2017 table in this thread to monitor sales this year moving forward. The ones in the OP only go up to 2016

743,433 digital downloads for Chanyeol and Punch's "Stay With Me" as of this week on Gaon. 

I think Monster charted out this week even on the domestic chart due to all the new releases but I'd say it's around ~829k now

Gaon digital sales this week:

#1 Dynami Duo & Chen - Nosedive: 160,277 (DEBUT)

#7 Chanyeol & Punch - Stay With Me: 76,482 (TOTAL: 819,915; 8 weeks & 3 days)

#97 (domestic) EXO - Monster: 13,391 (TOTAL: estimated 842k)

justcoolmuzic can take it from here lol

I hope the song can hold up and do well. Good to see Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun all having solo collab hits on the charts. Public recognition for each member individually will only help the group to prosper more.

I also hope that For Life can somehow get to 400k lol

I am so happy. With 140k in the 2nd week, we should be able to sweep music shows again for the week. I hope the song can remain consistent like this and have longevity. Knowing that Monster sold 1M but not being able to prove it is frustrating lol. I want this to hit the mark lol

I enjoy the "hate" mostly because I know it comes from genuine and personal frustration because the kings keep winning and they can't do anything about it. I hope the song has longevity so their bitterness can consume them ahihihihi

They're #1 on that instiz iChart thing. I know it's night or whatever but it still cool since this is Kokobop's 3rd sales tracking week,

Edited by fluenza.

I hope that with everyone rushing to buy albums later on today to get into the August 13th fansign, we can finally cross the 700k mark lol

i almost sure we will

Those chart mechanics are confusing af lol.

SM should send EXO on tv, Masked singer (only 1 member ha e been there century ago) and other shows ton increase UL~

does Infinity Challenge still air? I remember reading somewhere that it had a lot to do with Growl taking off completely too.

I genuinely don't mind the SMTM songs. It makes EXO's performance all the more impressive along with all the other competition on the charts. KOKOBOP is about to enter its 4th sales tracking week and is still holding decently in the T5/T3. 

I believe SMTM songs were also out when Monster was released. Does anyone remember how they affected the song and how long Monster remained in the T5 (consecutively) in general?

I find that that the MV views are starting to pick up more. Effect of the #KokobopChallenge? lol

For the past week or so, it'd cross an additional 1M milestone around 9PM (EST) daily... but yesterday, it hit 36M at 6PM EST... Now, it's about to be 2PM EST and they're about to hit 37M already.

Edited by fluenza.

I understand the cbx one, but the whole group on a proper full album comeback is different I think. It would just go against everything SM has done in the past if they let them go without being confident that they'd win. It could definitely be true, but it's just so unlike anything SM has done for exo before, so I'mma be blissfully optimistic until then :P ^.^ 

I get what you're trying to say but this is a music show, not an award show. There is no way to know who will win beforehand especially in a competitive week like this because there are factors such as live/sns-voting that nobody can really predict. Like LOEY said, they're just going to promote and spend more time with fans. Winning would be a bonus.

Edited by fluenza.

Since these are weekend ULs, I'm assuming they still have over 300k during the weekdays. Not bad at all considering it's about to enter its 5th tracking week on the chart. Anyone knows how Monster's ULs were doing at this point on? I want to compare the difference and to see if KKB has 40% male listeners with more ULs

No use beating ourselves up about this. Let's look on the bright side of things. They won 11 times... 2 times more than Monster and probably more than we all expected. They're now the BG with the most wins of 2017 so far. The album and song are both doing well so far too. It's a shame they missed most of their wins but at the very least, I'm happy they managed to get at least one triple crown and 2 wins almost everywhere else among such strong competition. We did well. In a few months when the repackage is out, we can try to top ourselves once again.

They jumped 7 spots to #7 on that billboard social chart thingy. They could be higher if they had a YouTube channel to track from. Apparently, BB doesn't use SMTOWN bc it's a company channel with uploads for all the artists so all those views would get counted.

9j3ou9c4.png

imstupid.png

I saw lol. Billboard usually has problems like this on their chart. A lot of artists have the wrong pictures or no picture at all.

I don't mind the fanmeet. It's a win win scenario for all parties.

SM gets money & EXO can maybe get to the 807k and match pre-order numbers.

EXO gets to spend more time with fans (and vice versa) which is something they've been begging to do for a long time

Fans are most likely conflicted about trying to get into the fan meet and saving for repack...

that and the fact that it's a weekend imo

They won for week 5 on melon by like .2 points. That was close but we did it!