Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
justcoolmuzic

sales [X-ËXØ OBSESSION ] EXO General Sales Thread

Omg...from 11k Mama's first week sale to For Life's amazing one. The growth is real!

wkNsIlJ.png

first week sales of xoxo is 315k? so with the first comeback after debut, exo sold 28 times more in the first week?  :shock:

the difference between debut and 1st comeback is huge. I think Mama had lot more sales in the 2nd week. Usually the sales are higher in the first week, but Mama was an exception.

Edited by adda

What does everyone think about fansigns? Good? Bad? Should exo do them? Are they too old/popular to do them? 

I think EXO should meet more often their fans. Isn't this the main purpose of fan events? 

can you believe EXO didn't have a group fansign since February 2015, when Nature Republic organized an event ? It wasn't during album promotion, but at least they were all together. They had one group fansign in 2015 ( for NR), none in 2016 and none in the first half of 2017. Last year they held a fansign with 2 members. It would be nice if during this album promotion they meet their fans, because fans definitely want to see them face to face and share good thoughts. They will start soon another tour, they won't have time later, during promotion is the proper time. Considering two and half years have passed since their last group fansign, I really wish they make an effort and find time in their schedule to meet fans all together smile.png and more than once, if is possible. July 30th is an 'historic event' ;) Its been so long ...

Edited by adda

deleted 

Edited by adda

every day at 00:00, total the top 10 numbers. i've circled them in red below. combining the numbers from #2 - #10 will get you the total of the sales for #1. (combining #4 to #10 would get you the total of #3 aka ch version in this case). however seeing as melon obviously sells more than 10 items a day, these are all just estimates!

lFJOEDw.png

I still don't understand how you get the number of sales, if what is shown are only the differences in sales between albums. We don't have a point of reference. 

1st album = X 

2nd album =  X - 15942

3rd album =  (X-15942) - 463 = X - 16405

10th album = (X-15942)-463- .... - 5. = X -17225

How much represent X if we don't know the sales of 10th album or total number of sales?

we only have the difference between the 10th and 1st album.

We can only assume the minimum sales of 1st album  ( by considering the 10th album sold 1 copy), so we can say the sales for  K ver. today on synnara were at least +17,2 k

Edited by adda

Mnet is manipulating the chart :P

5t9lUjB.jpg

Edited by adda

Im not sure too coz some say that the 33 #1 is supposedly for Psy. smile.png

as far as I know Kwon Jiyong holds the record with #43.

while for groups was Wings with 27, followed by Made with 25. 

Edited by adda

I was sure about BB & GD.

So officially Exo is the 2nd for groups. Really nice start for this era.

is premature to say this, the numbers are increasing. 

Edited by adda

shouldn't the physical album be out by now?

Hanteo doesn't  reveal the sales sooner than 8 a.m - 9.am

something is strange with Mnet chart. 

two songs that don't appear in top100 melon are #2 and #3 on Mnet chart.

Mnet is blocking Exo from an all kill on music charts  ;) 

Edited by adda

Does this even make any sense SM?

How tf are you out of stock on the day you release the goddamn album. 

YOU BETTER RESTOCK AND YOU BETTER RESTOCK NOW 

I don't understand either. 

SM never learns. 

Edited by adda

the entire EXO album is in top 15 at noon smile.png As Jessi said " Exo is murdering the charts". 

Hope the number of listeners will increase after the performance, so that Kokobop surpass Monster. 

39  Number 1

'The War' being #1 in 39 countries on Worldwide Albums Chart is wonderful, but what's amazing is #1 in my country. I think is the first time :)

Edited by adda

the b-sides are doing so well on MelOn, the entire album is in top 20.

This comeback surpassed my expectations smile.png

koko bop has 589k unique listeners. Hope the number will rise after the first stage.

Edited by adda

I don't understand the charts. How can a song be 1st on all charts excepts  Mnet? And is not like is 2nd there, but 9th.  All those who are not that interested on Exo gathered on Mnet chart? laugh.png Mnet is doing something... 

Edited by adda

" rel="external nofollow">

in this rhythm I think they will break Ex'act 1st week sales which is +520k. 

Edited by adda

*** kindly let me know if there are wrong or missing informations. smile.png 

there is nothing wrong, just a bit awkward to see 5 days for 1st week sales. (instead of 7 days)

but I get is Hanteo week sales, not Exo's 1st week sales.

I will have to remember when you write the numbers and count 2 more days to have the real number of Exo's sales in their  first week ;)

Edited by adda

Do you happen to know what the numbers under the albums on Synnara chart mean? like "-5000" for example? 

the difference in sales between the albums. 

Right now on synnara 1st is The war kor ver. and 2nd is Wanna one's album and the difference between them is 93k.

3rd is "Do disturb" and the difference between 2nd and 3rd is 6,8k.

http://www.synnara.co.kr/sr/sr110Main.do

btw, I didn't know Wanna One will release an album soon.

Edited by adda

Hottracks began to sell two hours ago, because of the delay ;) Fans were waiting patiently

" rel="external nofollow">

The War is currently #7 in best 1st week album sales in Hanteo in just less than a day.

More likely The War will be number 1 by the end of the week. Ex'act + 522k  record is shaking.

Edited by adda

Damn....how are we gonna top this next comeback?!;

same way we topped the previous albums smile.png

Let's be honest, nobody expected Exo sells half a million in one week, but they did it with Ex'act.

Now I believe they will sell half a million copies in three days with The war album.

Exo's sales have been really consistent in the last four years. 

Edited by adda

what is the highest 1st-day sales ever? can we break it?

for k-groups or in general?

for k-groups Exo already broke the 1st day  record with "The war". 

Ex'act still holds the record for  most sales in a day +253k   ( in 2nd day Ex'act did that)

Edited by adda

so exact has the record of 253k which is K  & C  RIGHT? but the war broke the record for korean albums with 200k?

yes, these are Ex'act numbers.

Hanteo 22:30

K: 205,357

C: 16,456

total: 221,813

in 2015, when Exo released Exodus, the album earned biggest sales week ever for a k-pop act.

in 2016,  Ex'act did the same, biggest sales week ever for a k-pop act.

I can hardly wait The War tops Ex'act first week sales. 

Edited by adda

They added Chinese version's video but whatever.

image.jpg

Mnet and their weird chart unsure.png

and to think Exo will have their first comeback stage on Mnet, tomorrow.

Hope this is the last time they pick Mnet's show for first comeback stage.

Edited by adda

if The War will have a repackaged edition, I hope it won't be released sooner than 3 months. Those who participated in group orders will receive their albums in two months , through the fansites who organized the group orders. Any repackage released sooner than 3 months means no pre-orders from those fans who will be still waiting for their albums to arrive. No fansite will organize new pre-orders while they are still distributing the albums to fans, who trust them and gave them money to buy albums. Maybe SM learned something from last year. 

Edited by adda

SM did everything so good until now,dont rush and mess over things later, please..Novemeber would be good timing

repack should be released at least after 3 months,but EXO already talking about it makes me think they will release it as usual,they talked about it today on v live

early october for repackage is fine.  November is  late, if they will release a winter special, as they usually do.

What they said about repackage? I think I missed that part.

Edited by adda

yeah i think October is a good timing for the repack. what i wish the most is that SM don't experiment much with disjointed sound/autotune.

imo they should give up on the winter release and just comeback a bit early(?) next year. or release a CBX Christmas single to keep traditions.

I love Exo's tradition to release a mini-album in December as a gift for fans, so I'd like they continue. 

Cbx is not Exo, they can't replace Exo, it won't be the same.

also, I'd like 2018 comeback to be in spring (as it was in 2014 and 2015) 

Edited by adda