Photo

[SOOMPI]Kyung Soo Jin Shares Why She’s Proud Of “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” Despite Low Ratings

Kyung Soo Jin Lee Sung Kyung Nam Joo Hyuk Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rimi

Rimi

🌸🌹박형식's Wifey🌹🌸

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,800 posts
  • Location✿♡⭐周子瑜⭐쯔위⭐Tzuyu's Home&Sosee Coffee Cafe in Tainan,Taiwan✿♡Married To Park Hyungsik/Ahn Minhyuk's Mansion⭐AinSoft Company♡✿

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:36 AM (Edited by TzuMi, 12 January 2017 - 01:44 AM.)

kyung-soo-jin.jpg

After the end of her drama “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” on January 11, Kyung Soo Jin (who played Song Shi Ho) sat down for an interview to talk about the show and working with the cast.

Despite high anticipation and its popular love line, the drama’s highest ratings were only 5.4 percent (according to Nielsen Korea).

“I got a lot of questions about that,” Kyung Soo Jin said with a smile. “But I think that viewership ratings are just a number. At first the audience seemed to be limited, but word got around.”

The drama began with 3.3. percent ratings and then rose to maintain a steady 5 percent throughout its run.

She added, “There are a lot of ways people can watch dramas nowadays. If you don’t watch it when it airs, you can watch it on VOD or DMB. Rather than viewership ratings, I think it’s important for a drama to leave an impression on the hearts of its viewers. In that sense, I was proud of ‘Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.'”

She also said, “People have told me that ‘Weightlifting Fairy’ is a drama that you can’t stop watching once you start. It’s addictive.”

Although it was difficult for Kyung Soo Jin to accurately and convincingly portray the role of a rhythmic gymnast, she was happy on set. “It was a precious time because so many of my peers were the same age as me,” she said. “Lee Sung Kyung doesn’t seem like she’s younger than me. Whether it’s because she’s tall or not, she’s someone I want to lean on. When we talked, she could be very sincere. But she has a lot of energy too.”

She added, “Nam Joo Hyuk is a lot like Jung Joon Hyung in real life. There are times when he’s playful, but when he’s acting, he’s focused.” Kyung Soo Jin also said that both Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk have a lot of ambition towards their acting.

Kyung Soo Jin ended the interview by thanking all the fans of “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” for their support.

“Thank you for cheering on Song Shi Ho and walking with her through her character development,” she said. “My next project is a movie in which I play a shaman. I hope to be able to greet all of you with a new side of myself soon.”

Cr Soompi

right tbh

ratings are dosent matter to me 
this drama win to the international fans hearts

ONE OF THE BEST KDRAMA EVER

#2 azran

azran

Idol

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Locationin my underwater bank

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

WHY DID YOU SLEEP ON THIS PERFECT DRAMA, KOREA????

#3 Fandomwar

Fandomwar

You need a little bit of holy water in your life to cleanse thos

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,150 posts
  • Locationat THE GENIUS SET

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

CRYING AGAIN!!!

#4 Dreamies

Dreamies

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Locationmissing Jaemin

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

It's a quality drama. The drama also did a good job with her character. I know a lot people dislike Shiho but I find her okay and her arc is very well written and convincing.

#5 Chaebol

Chaebol

Heir of Ԩãná Financial Group

• PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationPyeongchangdong (평창동)

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:51 AM

this drama better than ridiculous Legend of the blue sea ....

#6 zenithzinc

zenithzinc

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Locationsanctuary

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

my fave drama in a loonnngg timee! everything from cinematography to cast chemistry to plot story, everything fits my taste so well!

#7 marsinblue

marsinblue

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

I loved her character arch. We all sometimes do mistakes or do/think of doing "bad things" in a whim, which we later regret and use to then become better people, so I think that her entire plotline - even the "mean" part - was relatable and humanised.

She started by seeming to be cast as the arch-type 2nd lead girl rival, where we were all somehow sure she'd behave a certain way to move the plot forward throughout the drama - by being deceitful, jealous, needy, creating misunderstandings, etc - but I was gladly surprised that only lasted a few episodes and that she maturely reflected, grew, turned her life around, showed just how strong, independent, thoughtful and sweet she was.

#8 monstellar

monstellar

Kihyun's wife

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationKihyun's pink hair

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

I enjoyed it a lot

#9 Jjang~

Jjang~

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 posts
  • LocationIt's not your job to stop them from talking behind you, but it's your job not to let it affect you.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

This is a feel good drama.....i really love the story flow and the characters growing....

#10 thucthuc

thucthuc

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I loved her character arch. We all sometimes do mistakes or do/think of doing "bad things" in a whim, which we later regret and use to then become better people, so I think that her entire plotline - even the "mean" part - was relatable and humanised.

She started by seeming to be cast as the arch-type 2nd lead girl rival, where we were all somehow sure she'd behave a certain way to move the plot forward throughout the drama - by being deceitful, jealous, needy, creating misunderstandings, etc - but I was gladly surprised that only lasted a few episodes and that she maturely reflected, grew, turned her life around, showed just how strong, independent, thoughtful and sweet she was.

Spoiler

#11 Kyuflower

Kyuflower

Elf

• PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationKpop

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

A really a cute and enjoyable drama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kyung Soo Jin, Lee Sung Kyung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Weightlifting Fairy, Kim Bok Joo

Up, Up and Away!