Photo

I hate essays

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sapphic

Sapphic

Property of Hong Jin Young

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

11 hours later, half way there, and I have 5 hours until my deadline. I have tons I want to say but I'm really struggling with this. I'm so annoyed I didn't check the deadline earlier because I thought starting today I would have a week to prepare my essay, but alas not and now I'm really struggling with how to format and write this.

#2 chiirbii

chiirbii

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

Citations in essays always trip me up...  :soul: I enjoy everything else, but citations... 

#3 BubbleGumPop

BubbleGumPop

( ˘ ³˘)♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

Essays r my greatest weakness, good luck to you

#4 T-PAIN

T-PAIN

(╬ Ò ‸ Ó)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

log off OH

#5 You Need Some Milk

You Need Some Milk

Eldest child of the Ssantokki clan

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

How many pages? You said 11 hours n halfway there so I'm assuming an 8 or more page essay?

If you have writers block take a break and go out for a jog an idea will pop up somehow

That shit usually happens to me and I get a EUREKA moment and start writing 5 pages in like 2 hrs

#6 demasta

demasta

46G & Flower <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

me too

#7 jooyoungsbae

jooyoungsbae

♔jooyoung's publicist♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

same but i am jaded after writing abt 25+ essays/mini essays for college apps

#8 Sapphic

Sapphic

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

How many pages? You said 11 hours n halfway there so I'm assuming an 8 or more page essay?

If you have writers block take a break and go out for a jog an idea will pop up somehow

That shit usually happens to me and I get a EUREKA moment and start writing 5 pages in like 2 hrs

At my uni we use word counts and honestly the word count is small af (2000 words) and usually I can do it but I have bad writer's block. I just want it out the way so I can sleep and not worry until I get the feedback lol. As long as I pass at this point idc.

log off OH

I literally only came back to complain/get a break from staring and typing.

#9 You Need Some Milk

You Need Some Milk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

At my uni we use word counts and honestly the word count is small af (2000 words) and usually I can do it but I have bad writer's block. I just want it out the way so I can sleep and not worry until I get the feedback lol. As long as I pass at this point idc.

I literally only came back to complain/get a break from staring and typing.

Same but 2000 is around 5-6pages yeah?

What are you writing about btw?

#10 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Citations in essays always trip me up...  :soul: I enjoy everything else, but citations...

oh gosh yes

I spend so much time on citations and trying to get them right.

#11 Sapphic

Sapphic

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

Same but 2000 is around 5-6pages yeah?

What are you writing about btw?

True, I am currently on my 5th page so I'm almost there

The module this is for is Creative Industries (publishing, theatre, museums, films, etc. and I'm a film student) so I found the best question I could and just ran with it so I'm currently discussing ~~fans as potential political motivators~~ so the act of new media spreading~~ and us all becoming aware of global events and crises and doing stuff about it because we can see it going on and not being limited by old media~~

It sounds so dumb but I'm ready for the roasting I already did a lame ass essay on Penguin publishing in West Africa that I had almost no source material for lmao

oh gosh yes

I spend so much time on citations and trying to get them right.

It's literally so dumb how complicated it is, bless purdue though for helping

(Also bless your Cardcaptor Sakura dp it gives me the nostalgic feels)

#12 You Need Some Milk

You Need Some Milk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:46 AM

True, I am currently on my 5th page so I'm almost there

The module this is for is Creative Industries (publishing, theatre, museums, films, etc. and I'm a film student) so I found the best question I could and just ran with it so I'm currently discussing ~~fans as potential political motivators~~ so the act of new media spreading~~ and us all becoming aware of global events and crises and doing stuff about it because we can see it going on and not being limited by old media~~

It sounds so dumb but I'm ready for the roasting I already did a lame ass essay on Penguin publishing in West Africa that I had almost no source material for lmao
It's literally so dumb how complicated it is, bless purdue though for helping

(Also bless your Cardcaptor Sakura dp it gives me the nostalgic feels)

Good luck sis

I never brainstorm. My essays I just write what I write and piece it together later lol

I never have a structure either I'm a hot mess

#13 Curly Pianist

Curly Pianist

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

Group essays are the worst because there is always that one ass who doesn't even write a single letter and looks like he hasn't done any shit wrong.

giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

#14 Xiyeon

Xiyeon

Idol

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

So happy im done school <3

#15 Sapphic

Sapphic

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Good luck sis

I never brainstorm. My essays I just write what I write and piece it together later lol

I never have a structure either I'm a hot mess

Thank you :) I have finally goddamn finished and its 7am so I'm gonna go sleep for a century

And same lmao like I think about the essay for a week and like all the ideas I want to put down but don't really plan... whoops.

#16 Sapphic

Sapphic

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

Group essays are the worst because there is always that one ass who doesn't even write a single letter and looks like he hasn't done any shit wrong.

https://media.giphy.com/media/sAr3yKGKNK...

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Thank god film students don't do this (I hope???) we sometimes have group presentations though but that's alright.

One of my flatmates had to do like 2 group presentations and a group essay and like everyone was a pain in the ass to her and didn't do anything.

#17 You Need Some Milk

You Need Some Milk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

Thank you :) I have finally goddamn finished and its 7am so I'm gonna go sleep for a century

And same lmao like I think about the essay for a week and like all the ideas I want to put down but don't really plan... whoops.

Lmao okay goodnight and pray fa that A!

#18 playboi bona

playboi bona

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

lol i actually enjoy writing lol  :dave:

#19 Sapphic

Sapphic

• Oh! Press
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

lol i actually enjoy writing lol  :dave:

I don't mind the actual essay part it's the whole "I have severe social and general anxiety so the act of having to write something intellectually good by a deadline and have someone assess it and then give me feedback and see how bad I am" is more the issues. Which is a dumbass loop because it makes me put off my essays until last minute, then they turn out average, and then I read that I got an average result, and then I get anxious so the loop continues.

Also, don't mind me blabbing I'm very tired but have the inability to sleep lol

Weirdly my social anxiety doesn't stop me from blabbering during seminars (in the UK they're small, like 14 people at most) and presentations where I generally get good scores.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Makes no sense to me. Especially when lecturers tell me I'm articulate lmao.

#20 playboi bona

playboi bona

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:11 AM

I don't mind the actual essay part it's the whole "I have severe social and general anxiety so the act of having to write something intellectually good by a deadline and have someone assess it and then give me feedback and see how bad I am" is more the issues. Which is a dumbass loop because it makes me put off my essays until last minute, then they turn out average, and then I read that I got an average result, and then I get anxious so the loop continues.

Also, don't mind me blabbing I'm very tired but have the inability to sleep lol

Weirdly my social anxiety doesn't stop me from blabbering during seminars (in the UK they're small, like 14 people at most) and presentations where I generally get good scores.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Makes no sense to me. Especially when lecturers tell me I'm articulate lmao.

I totally used to be the exact same way, but I had an english professor who was such an amazing mentor and inspiration to me that I know have immense confidence in my essay-writing.

I hope you someday find someone who will so the same for you

Up, Up and Away!