Photo

Most Powerful Vocalist in this 6 groups

exo bts shinee wonder girls got7 winner

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Powerful Vocalist (132 member(s) have cast votes)

BTS

1. V (47 votes [35.61%])

Percentage of vote: 35.61%

2. Jin (9 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

3. Jimin (18 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. Jungkook (58 votes [43.94%])

Percentage of vote: 43.94%

Got7

1. Jinyoung (11 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. Youngjae (100 votes [75.76%])

Percentage of vote: 75.76%

3. JB (21 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Winner

1. Taehyun (52 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

2. Kang Seung Yoon (74 votes [56.06%])

Percentage of vote: 56.06%

3. Jinwoo (6 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Shinee

1. Onew (31 votes [23.48%])

Percentage of vote: 23.48%

2. Jonghyun (101 votes [76.52%])

Percentage of vote: 76.52%

Wonder Girls

1. Yeeun (84 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Sunmi (48 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

EXO

1. Baekhyun (12 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Chen (89 votes [67.42%])

Percentage of vote: 67.42%

3. D.O (31 votes [23.48%])

Percentage of vote: 23.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Interativa

Interativa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

Obrigado mesmo, eu tinha pensado visitar mas nao tenho idea se minhas perguntas foram feitas ainda, so por isso eu na queria incomodar. Mas agora e seguro :)  (me disculpa pelo horrivel portugues lol)

Eu entendo, geralmente eu só fico lendo os comentários na thread, sem participar. Mas a thread é bem educativa, os instrutores fazem perguntas e testes pra você entender e identificar as habilidades vocais. É bem legal. :)

Que nada, não se preocupa, seu português é muito bom, melhor que o meu espanhol. :lol:
Tanto que eu prefiro não arriscar

#42 stopminyoongi

stopminyoongi

Actually, don't stop him

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

"Most" is a term of relativity
If 3 people have chickens in a field . The 1st has 2, the 2nd has 4, and the 3rd has 1. The 2nd has the "most" chickens in the field.
In the barn another person has 5 chickens. But if I want to know who has the "most" chickens in the field I don't include the person in the barn because that is not what I asked.
Glad to give this lesson in English
The answer is Jungkook

Yeah but what if the three people don't have any chickens at all...am I supposed to name the person who's gonna buy a chicken the fastest or what

#43 Neo

Neo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:42 AM (Edited by I'm Poppy, 12 January 2017 - 12:42 AM.)

Yeah but what if the three people don't have any chickens at all...am I supposed to name the person who's gonna buy a chicken the fastest or what

Even if they are all weak one is less weak there you go

The least weak=the most powerful

#44 xPhoenixFantasyx

xPhoenixFantasyx

Idol

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:47 AM (Edited by xPhoenixFantasyx, 12 January 2017 - 12:59 AM.)

it's interesting to see OH rank and how others are seeing them

those with * are leading in OH poll. The difference is in Bts's case, they see V better than Jungkook, considering V has the strongest sense of breath support amongst BTS members and also Winner, Kang Seung Yoon being a better vocalist than Taehyun. ( I though this is obvious, I'm kinda surprised by OH poll ... a tie) 

BTS:

V: Weak to Average Vocalist

Jungkook : weak vocalist *

GOT7:

Youngjae: Average Vocalist  *

JB: Weak to Average Vocalist

Winner:

Kang Seung Yoon: Average to Above Average Vocalist 

Taehyun: Weak to Average Vocalist

Shinee:

Jonghyun: Proficient Vocalist *

Onew: Above Average to Proficient Vocalist

Wondergirls

Yeeun: Average to Above Average Vocalist *

Sunmi: Average to Above Average Vocalist

EXO:

Chen : Proficient to Good Vocalist *

DO : Proficient Vocalist

I'm just gonna make an off comment to use as an example before I really dive into the meat of the matter.

Taeyeon is the best vocalist in SoShi however, people would consider Tiffany a power vocal because of her voice even though Taeyeon has a better technique. So being a powerful vocalist is not really about how competent you are as a vocalist but like how strong your vocals sound so it's literally the power in your voice. Tiffany is loud, Taeyeon not so much. Tiffany has a richer tone to her voice and her strengths are in her lower range, whilst Taeyeon's strengths are in her higher range. I'm not sure if I'm even explaining this properly but it's really more about how you sound rather than the notes you hit if that makes more sense?

V has the widest range in BTS, he's able to hit both the highest and lowest notes in the group. Jungkook is definitely more stable than him for sure. V however has a louder or stronger voice whilst Jungkook has a lighter airy voice compared to him and gets slightly nasally when singing at times. At the end of the day, V is a baritone and Jungkook is a tenor. Most of BTS' songs are written to suit the tenors in the vocal since since everyone else besides V is a tenor. So obviously, they're going to be more comfortable singing in that range than V who has to be keeping up with them vocally so as to not sound out of place. But then again, they tend to have him growling or shouting at times instead of actually singing. There is a huge difference between how he sounds in Danger and Fire vs Save Me and Blood, Sweat and Tears. V needs is a lot of vocal training really because he has the potential to be a power vocal. Jungkook has a more limited range but he's able to use it better, however, all of the BTS vocalists need vocal training to really utilize their vocals to the best of their abilities.

Seungyoon was a soloist before Winner so he has more experience with his vocals and it shows. His voice sounds stronger than Taehyun's who has a bit of a whiny tone to his voice.

Jonghyun is the strongest vocalist in Shinee hands down. Onew is pretty damn good though but Jonghyun has an edge over him. Like I can legit feel it when Jonghyun sings. 

Sunmi has improved a lot vocally but I would never consider her to be a power vocal, Yeeun has always been pretty decent. Sunye was the best vocalist in WG but Yeeun is no pushover in the vocals department either. If anyone's gonna be a powerful vocalist in the current WG then it's gotta be Yeeun.

Chen can belt some serious notes. I've always thought that he and Baekyun have similar tones but Chen is more skilled than Baekhyun. I love DO's voice the most but Chen is the real powerhouse in EXO. However, I've always thought that their voices sound similar especially when they sing in their lower register. You have no idea how many times I've confused Baekhyun and DO's voices in the past lol XD 

#45 Full Moon

Full Moon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

I'm just gonna make an off comment to use as an example before I really dive into the meat of the matter. Taeyeon is the best vocalist in SoShi however, people would consider Tiffany a power vocal because of her voice even though Taeyeon has a better technique. So being a powerful vocalist is not really about how competent you are as a vocalist but like how strong your vocals are so it's literally the power in your voice. Tiffany is loud, Taeyeon not so much. Tiffany has a richer tone to her voice and her strengths are in her lower range, whilst Taeyeon's strengths are in her higher range. I'm not sure if I'm even explaining this properly but it's really more about how you sound rather than the notes you hit if that makes more sense?

V has the widest range in BTS, he's able to hit both the highest and lowest notes in the group. Jungkook is definitely more stable than him for sure. V however has a louder or stronger voice but Jungkook has a lighter airy voice compared to him. All V needs is a lot of vocal training really because he has the potential to be a power vocal. Jungkook has a more limited range but he's able to use it better, however, all of the BTS vocalists need vocal training to really utilize their vocals to the best of their abilities.

Seungyoon was a soloist before Winner so he has more experience with his vocals and it shows. His voice sounds stronger than Taehyun's who has a bit of a whiny tone to his voice.

Jonghyun is the strongest vocalist in Shinee hands down. Onew is pretty damn good though but Jonghyun has an edge over him. Like I can legit feel it when Jonghyun sings. 

Sunmi has improved a lot vocally but I would never consider her to be a power vocal, Yeeun has always been pretty decent. Sunye was the best vocalist in WG but Yeeun is no pushover in the vocals department either. If anyone's gonna be a powerful vocalist in the current WG then it's gotta be Yeeun.

Chen can belt some serious notes. I've always thought that he and Baekyun have similar tones but Chen is more skilled than Baekhyun. I love DO's voice the most but Chen is the real powerhouse in EXO. However, I've always thought that their voices sound similar especially when they sing in their lower register. You have no idea how many times I've confused Baekhyun and DO's voices in the past lol XD 

Thank you for this great explanation, im legit interested in vocals and stuff because im thinking on studying about it even tho i cant sing at all lol. Althought i have read somewhere that if you practice you can actually sing even without being born with the talent, is that true?

#46 xPhoenixFantasyx

xPhoenixFantasyx

Idol

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:16 AM

Thank you for this great explanation, im legit interested in vocals and stuff because im thinking on studying about it even tho i cant sing at all lol. Althought i have read somewhere that if you practice you can actually sing even without being born with the talent, is that true?

You're welcome! I was worried if my explanation was a little confusing because it was kinda all over the place lol OTL

Before you can really sing, I think you need to develop an ear for music. As in be able to differentiate the notes on the scale and so on. Once you gain an understanding in that, then you should be able to sing whilst staying in key. Being tone deaf is the worst characteristic to have because you can't identify the notes so you have no idea what you're singing and how badly you're singing as a result. So if you're not naturally gifted in the vocal department, then I say start off with music lessons. I wouldn't consider my cousin to be a great vocalist or anything but she's brilliant on the piano and that has helped her to develop an ear for music. She auditioned to sing on one of those popular youth choirs and got in, now she's studying at a music university. So honestly, everyone has potential. 

Basically, if you get the right kind of vocal training then it's possible that you can become a competent vocalist. I mean obviously, some people are more talented than others and have greater voices because of their vocal range but I guess if you know how to utilize your voice accurately then you should be able to sound decent even if your range is limited. Practice singing various things and record yourself whilst singing so you have an idea of how you actually sound. I found that rather than imitate how an artist sings, you might end up straining your voice so it's best to stick to a lower key to start off with and work your way up from there. Everything comes back to staying in key at the end of the day. Once you've mastered that then you're already on your way. 

If you want more clarification about it then speak to a professional, more specifically a music teacher or vocal trainer, they'll be able to guide you and give you the best advice. Especially since they'll be able to hear how you sound first hand to see how much potential you have and then I guess they can either assist you or refer you to someone else who will be able to assist you. Even if they turn you away, don't be discouraged. Practice and try your best to improve, do lots of research. You're bound to find what you're looking for and maybe one day you'll achieve your goal. Good luck to you! I wish you all the best in the future!  :chu:

#47 Full Moon

Full Moon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:24 AM

You're welcome! I was worried if my explanation was a little confusing because it was kinda all over the place lol OTL

Before you can really sing, I think you need to develop an ear for music. As in be able to differentiate the notes on the scale and so on. Once you gain an understanding in that, then you should be able to sing whilst staying in key. Being tone deaf is the worst characteristic to have because you can't identify the notes so you have no idea what you're singing and how badly you're singing as a result. So if you're not naturally gifted in the vocal department, then I say start off with music lessons. I wouldn't consider my cousin to be a great vocalist or anything but she's brilliant on the piano and that has helped her to develop an ear for music. She auditioned to sing on one of those popular youth choirs and got in, now she's studying at a music university. So honestly, everyone has potential. 

Basically, if you get the right kind of vocal training then it's possible that you can become a competent vocalist. I mean obviously, some people are more talented than others and have greater voices because of their vocal range but I guess if you know how to utilize your voice accurately then you should be able to sound decent even if your range is limited. Practice singing various things and record yourself whilst singing so you have an idea of how you actually sound. I found that rather than imitate how an artist sings, you might end up straining your voice so it's best to stick to a lower key to start off with and work your way up from there. Everything comes back to staying in key at the end of the day. Once you've mastered that then you're already on your way. 

If you want more clarification about it then speak to a professional, more specifically a music teacher or vocal trainer, they'll be able to guide you and give you the best advice. Especially since they'll be able to hear how you sound first hand to see how much potential you have and then I guess they can either assist you or refer you to someone else who will be able to assist you. Even if they turn you away, don't be discouraged. Practice and try your best to improve, do lots of research. You're bound to find what you're looking for and maybe one day you'll achieve your goal. Good luck to you! I wish you all the best in the future!  :chu:

Thank you so much

7VgB7pl.gif

#48 Daséot

Daséot

Idol

• PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:09 AM (Edited by Daséot, 12 January 2017 - 02:10 AM.)

it's interesting to see OH rank and how others are seeing them

.... and also Winner, Kang Seung Yoon being a better vocalist than Taehyun. ( I though this is obvious, I'm kinda surprised by OH poll ... a tie) 

Winner:

Kang Seung Yoon: Average to Above Average Vocalist 

Taehyun: Weak to Average Vocalist

I'm agree. Taehyun is better at higher note but his voice is kind of soft. In term of powerful vocal, we should go for Seungyoon ofc

#49 L5GHT

L5GHT

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:07 AM (Edited by Lonely, 12 January 2017 - 03:07 AM.)

BTS vocalist still need to learn and training more. 

V is the strongest vocalist in BTS choosen by expert. The strongest sense of breath among three member. His voice is thick in tone and slightly lower range and can hit the highest range, but still remaining relatively light in weight and sounding more like a lyric baritone than anything else.When comparing V to the other vocalists of BTS, it is possible to hear that both he and Jungkook are the most relaxed out of all four of them.

Jungkook is the second strongest bts vocalist. The most relaxed singing technique.He's a good singer but he strained so fast. Jungkook’s voice stands out with a very smooth and mellow timbre. His voice is light and bright, as well as very soft in quality. Sometimes off and out of range when he trying to sing the highest note.

Jimin is countertenor which is the highest male voice in the of categories. His voice cracks easily and unstable. 

Jin voice is so soothing and smooth. He is a great singer and he's sound so stable. He's a tenor and his voice is really good for ballad.

#50 Mrs. Kang

Mrs. Kang

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:22 AM (Edited by Mrs. Kang IncleDiva, 12 January 2017 - 05:23 AM.)

I never analised BTS's vocals, but imo V's voice is really incredible. He might not be the best around, but I wouldnt call him weak.

Maybe he (and also many other vocalists in kpop) couldn't show us his full potential because of his group's music style wasn't made to fit only his voice. That's why solos are good to let an artist develope their own technic

In EXO, D.O is better in my opinion. I think his voice is more steady.

As of Winner, I used to hate Seungyoon's voice. I cringe hard when I see his pre debut videos on radio shows or homemade.

He's one of those persons who are born with a blessed voice but needs to train not to use it wrong.

His voice developed a lot in YG (YG's vocal coach is amazing, you can see a little of him in WIN). Taehyun on the other hand, I think he always focused more on style than on technic. His voice is beautiful, but not much developed.

Here's an exemple of how good he's got. 

Obrigado por la explicacion, mis saludos desde Paraguay :meow:

De nada. :) lembranças do Brasil :)

Se você aceitar minha sugestão, você pode checar a vocal thread, lá o pessoal entende bastante de vocalistas e pode tirar todas as suas dúvidas também. Beijos.

To comentando só por que nunca escrevi nada em português no OH  :ahmagah:

#51 Muggle's Nina

Muggle's Nina

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:54 AM

Vocal Technique Wise:

BTS - V

GOT7 - YoungJae

Winner - Seungyoon

Shinee - Jonghyun

Wonder Girls - Yeeun/after former member Sunye

EXO - Chen

Vocal color that i love, means his/her voice doesn't sound husky, clean/clear/soothing voice. 

BTS - Jimin 

GOT7 - JB & Jinyoung 

Winner - Taehyun 

Shinee - Taemin & Onew

Wonder Girls - Sunmi & former member Sunye

EXO - Suho & former member Luhan 

But if you ask for the powerful by technique then, it's the list for Vocal Technique above. I vote the same too even if my bias from each groups are Jungkook, Suga, JB, Jinyoung, Yugyeom, Mark, Sunmi, Yeeun & former Sunye.

I'm not a fan of Winner, Shinee & EXO so doesn't have any bias there. 

#52 heyheyheyheyhey

heyheyheyheyhey

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

baekhyuns resonance is more powerful than chens imo

#53 otter.

otter.

Aliza's Wife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

I voted for KSY and Yeeun becuz i heard they are, not that i know lol

#54 ihatemybias

ihatemybias

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Did an army just admit that BTS vocal line is mediocre?  :derp:

guess there is still hope for this fandom

#55 CYJvita

CYJvita

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

uhuuu, it's hard, I can't remember a praticular part, I meed to relisten songs which I can't do rn T__T I almost sure he is Youngjae tho.
(While we are at it )who "Mamamamama"(manman?)part in Just Right belongs to? The first part. I like his voice too

The first Mamamama part is JB and then Jinyoung as they sing the chorus. 

In order of appearance in Just Right:

Jackson: Rap verse 1

Mark:  Rap verse 2

Youngjae: First verse

JB: First half of the chorus

Jinyoung: Second half of the chrous

Yugyeom: Second verse/bridge 

Bambam: Rap verse 3

Here is a photo of Just Right with names:

just-right-whos-who.jpg

#56 Spencer

Spencer

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Chen is the better vocalist in Exo but D.O. is not that far behind. Actually the thing about the vocalists in Exo is that they all have their forte. They are all better than each other in various aspects, which I find very admirable. Together, they are just phenomenal.

#57 Interativa

Interativa

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 PM (Edited by Interativa, 12 January 2017 - 12:54 PM.)

To comentando só por que nunca escrevi nada em português no OH :ahmagah:

The chance is really rare and we need to grab it when we have the chance. Hahahhaa

I chance é muito rara e agente precisa aproveitar quando aparece. Hahaha...

#58 Full Moon

Full Moon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Chen is the better vocalist in Exo but D.O. is not that far behind. Actually the thing about the vocalists in Exo is that they all have their forte. They are all better than each other in various aspects, which I find very admirable. Together, they are just phenomenal.

Im always amazed by the performance of Really i didnt know because even tho i dont know about vocal technique and vocals in general just by listening to that performance you can tell how amazing they are.

#59 biaswrckers

biaswrckers

🍑🍑🍑

• PipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:50 PM (Edited by biaswrckers, 13 January 2017 - 04:52 AM.)

Not trying to be shady but KSY's vocal >>>>> the rest of winner. Why is the poll like this lmao

#60 thewildrose

thewildrose

LurkerCrew

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,597 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

Not trying to be shady but KSH's vocal >>>>> the rest of winner. Why is the poll like this lmao

who is KSH?

Up, Up and Away!