Photo

how did you guys decide your college/uni major?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 ecas

ecas

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:56 AM (Edited by ecas, 13 January 2017 - 01:57 AM.)

It's a mix of what I like to do and what will (hopefully?) also get me a stable job in the future... computer science haha.

I've always liked computers and that kind of thing (games mostly though tbh) and after taking computer science in high school, I figured that was one of the things I liked. Honestly I don't know if I could do anything else, because all the other engineering topics have even more math/science, and I feel like I'd feel uncomfortable doing anything too overly social/mostly human interaction-y along the lines of business?

I'd love to pursue singing/dancing/theatre but tbh not a viable job option considering I've never done any training in that area, only extracurriculars (was in show choir), and not much of them either.  :rlytearpls:

#22 titty girl

titty girl

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:38 AM

i chose business management because 1) i wasn't sure exactly what i wanted to do and 2) it's a really vague major and you can do a lot of things with it

#23 Athena

Athena

legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:41 AM

Well my dream is a realistic path. I lucked out on that.

#24 Kagura-San

Kagura-San

Idol

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:02 AM

i decide my major based on my previous result. which subject i can score and choose the course related to the subject. the course i choose must be something that interest me.

#25 Infinitea

Infinitea

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

i was going to follow my dream until someone told me it was stupid and useless so i took a realistic path  :rlytearpls:

#26 vader

vader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

i just wanted to leave home man

i only had 26 credits to transfer and so many schools want 40-50+ but the uni im at accepted the amount i had so yeah...i saw the chance to finally leave home and grabbed it

#27 JMVOK

JMVOK

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

I didn't know what the hell I was doing until like the first semester of my third year, I almost wanted to be an English major, because I loved English. But everyone around me was meh on it cos of course...what can I do with an English degree? After awhile I realized that I had continually taken Spanish classes because I enjoyed them, spoke the language at home, and figured improving it as much as possible would be a good thing. So I figured hey, why not? I can be a Spanish major. I knew from some people that translating can be a pretty good job, and I decided, well okay, I can study and be a translator!

To even out my previous dream, I did choose to minor in English though.

Up, Up and Away!