Photo

oh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:25 AM (Edited by cherrynabongss, 09 March 2017 - 09:10 PM.)

kk

#2 ninedaysqueen

ninedaysqueen

Doo Doom Chick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

It should be what you most want to do. 

But if HR is what you're most interested in then I highly recommend it. It's my current major and I am loving it. 

#3 miaissocoollike

miaissocoollike

Noticed by Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Whatever floats your boat.

I majored in communication and now a junior editor

#4 coolcoolcool

coolcoolcool

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Go to HR imo 

#5 respect

respect

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

major in swag 

#6 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

It should be what you most want to do. 

But if HR is what you're most interested in then I highly recommend it. It's my current major and I am loving it. 

I heard that people in communications can work in HR, but idk  :unsure:

Did you start off with just general business and choose your concentration after?

major in swag 

I wouldn't even get admitted into the program lmao 

Whatever floats your boat.

I majored in communication and now a junior editor

Oh, that's nice. 

Go to HR imo 

thanks for the suggestion 

#7 stopminyoongi

stopminyoongi

Actually, don't stop him

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:33 AM

what uni are you applying to and weren't you studying like bio yesterday?

#8 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:35 AM

what uni are you applying to and weren't you studying like bio yesterday?

oh I'm a high school senior so I study many subjects 

#9 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

is it possible for you to double major? There were some business/communications double majors in some of my gen ed classes in university.

#10 ninedaysqueen

ninedaysqueen

Doo Doom Chick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:39 AM

I heard that people in communications can work in HR, but idk  :unsure:

Did you start off with just general business and choose your concentration after?

I wouldn't even get admitted into the program lmao 

Oh, that's nice. 

thanks for the suggestion 

I just started off in HR. The school I'm at makes you choose a business concentration, you can't just do general business 

#11 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

I just started off in HR. The school I'm at makes you choose a business concentration, you can't just do general business 

I wish I could do that here haha

is it possible for you to double major? There were some business/communications double majors in some of my gen ed classes in university.

It is, but not until the later years. I'm trying to apply straight from high school. 

#12 stopminyoongi

stopminyoongi

Actually, don't stop him

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

oh I'm a high school senior so I study many subjects 

wow good luck to you, I took a pre u course since I wasn't sure what I wanted to study lol

#13 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

wow good luck to you, I took a pre u course since I wasn't sure what I wanted to study lol

What's a pre u course? Is it like general studies?

#14 LisaVandercunt

LisaVandercunt

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

What about corporate communication?

The thing with communication degree is that sometimes it will be looked down upon as its too general in a way, unless you have a specific concentration in mind. People do say that its a flexible degree and can be applied to a lot of different workplaces/industries and that's true because the comm classes you will take will help you out how to understand the modes of communication and the different types of communications.

I'm a communication major and I like it. My concentration is digital communication and culture. I'm not sure if I'll be working in the industry after I graduate though as I already have a very good career in the hospitality industry. Reason why I chose comm as my major is because I've always been fascinated about media, pop culture and the entertainment industry in general. 

#15 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

The thing with communication degree is that sometimes it will be looked down upon as its too general in a way, unless you have a specific concentration in mind. People do say that its a flexible degree and can be applied to a lot of different workplaces/industries and that's true because the comm classes you will take will help you out how to understand the modes of communication and the different types of communications.

I'm a communication major and I like it. My concentration is digital communication and culture. I'm not sure if I'll be working in the industry after I graduate though as I already have a very good career in the hospitality industry. Reason why I chose comm as my major is because I've always been fascinated about media, pop culture and the entertainment industry in general.

depending on where op applies, some colleges and universiies just have a Communications major without any specific concentration to them. At my former university there was no such thing as a Corporate Communication major, just a regular Communications major.

#16 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

oh, I remember you! I asked about comm before, but I decided to ask again for suggestions between business and comm because that's my dilemma right now. For comm, I would want to have a job related to business like HR.  thanks!!

depending on where op applies, some colleges and universiies just have a Communications major without any specific concentration to them. At my former university there was no such thing as a Corporate Communication major, just a regular Communications major.

yeah that's true, we don't have concentrations for comm here. 

#17 stopminyoongi

stopminyoongi

Actually, don't stop him

• PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:29 AM

What's a pre u course? Is it like general studies?

umm no, it's like you pick the subjects your interested in either science, finance or arts subejct (3-4) and you can study them in detail to decide which subject you want to pursue. 

Or you like pick the most random subects like econs, dance, literature and bio to see which one you have greater aptitude for. 

It's like alevels or a foundation year

#18 coconut water

coconut water

Star

• Oh!Pressor
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

I'm a communications major and honestly it's great, and it's a major you can get into SO many different fields with. I've had friends go into PR, production, journalism, health, business, etc, with their comm degrees. The list goes on and on. Don't mind what people say about it because people only look down on it because they think it's "too easy" but it's not lol. People just think that because it doesn't involve a ton of math and science that it's automatically a lazy major.

#19 LisaVandercunt

LisaVandercunt

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

I'm a communications major and honestly it's great, and it's a major you can get into SO many different fields with. I've had friends go into PR, production, journalism, health, business, etc, with their comm degrees. The list goes on and on. Don't mind what people say about it because people only look down on it because they think it's "too easy" but it's not lol. People just think that because it doesn't involve a ton of math and science that it's automatically a lazy major.

Same can be said for liberal arts and that's highly looked down on because its too general.

oh, I remember you! I asked about comm before, but I decided to ask again for suggestions between business and comm because that's my dilemma right now. For comm, I would want to have a job related to business like HR.  thanks!!

yeah that's true, we don't have concentrations for comm here. 

With HR can you can use it in so many different places. A friend of mine works as HR manager and his specialty is labor relations. He enjoys is but I see it as a huge headache because depending on where you work & depending how big the HR department is you're the person where all the employees go to complain or ask about something and if you have hundreds of employees at an establishment well then it can get hectic.

#20 cherrynabongss

cherrynabongss

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

Same can be said for liberal arts and that's highly looked down on because its too general.

With HR can you can use it in so many different places. A friend of mine works as HR manager and his specialty is labor relations. He enjoys is but I see it as a huge headache because depending on where you work & depending how big the HR department is you're the person where all the employees go to complain or ask about something and if you have hundreds of employees at an establishment well then it can get hectic.

Yeah I heard, but for some reason it still interests me haha.

Tysm for the advice!  :lol:

Up, Up and Away!