Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doyouwannabe

What is the "girl crush" concept, exactly?

I see the term bandied around a lot, and people seem to like it as a concept. But what exactly is it? Examples would be greatly appreciated, but if you could put it into words that would also be helpful.. thanks!

U know, I really wanted to know that too but all the answers I get are really :unsure:

There are too many trolls and dupe accounts around here.. I just want a solid answer lol

non-threatening mature/sexy concept that doesn't overappeal to the male gaze, nor is overly cutesy. usually focuses on the subjects as being confident rather than shy 

:smile:

non-threatening mature/sexy concept that doesn't overappeal to the male gaze, nor is overly cutesy

i guess this

v7EVrb1.gif

non-threatening mature/sexy concept that doesn't overappeal to the male gaze, nor is overly cutesy

I don't seem to have any +1's left but thank you! This answer seems to make most sense!

To me its girl groups doing powerful concepts

It's basically sexy but not in the way that appeals to boys like AOA, Girls Day, Stellar are sexy groups. Girl crush is a concept that is sexy and cool and chic-ish. Its a concept that is meant to attract girls. It can be fierce like 4Minute or more or the cool while still being girlish side like CLC (when they're not doing the cute concept). Some examples of girl crush: CLC's No Oh Oh, 4Minute's Hate, Sonamoo's Cushion, Bulldok's Why Not, and you can look at Fingertips from one of the groups off of Produce 101. Those would all fall under girl crush

i always thought of it as something with cool vibes, like afterschool's bang.

P101's song fingertips was specifically packaged as being the "girl crush" concept, too.