Photo

[2.5D] Musicals & Stage Play adaptations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 nanonano

nanonano

Idol

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

"2.5-Dimensional (2.5D) musicals is a term commonly used to call musicals based on Japanese manga and animations. As manga and anime are in 2D and live theater is in 3D, the live theatre adaptation of manga and anime series are then given the label "2.5D". It's a cute label, albeit a highly inaccurate one considering the actual meaning of 2D and 3D."
- s

In recent years, 2.5D became a thing in Japan and most of the popular animes/games nowadays will get their own adaptation from what ive seen :lol:
Some of my recent favourites:

- Musical Hakuouki
Great fighting scenes + very catchy songs!

- Musical Touken Ranbu
This one is pretty new. I was sceptical at first because I love the original game but in the end I think the actors potrayed the character well.

- Stage play Touken Ranbu
Like the musical version this, too,is new and features different characters and plot from the one in the musical. tbh i love this one than the musical just bc they have my fav character in here

- Stage play Yowamushi Pedal 
This was pretty weird at first watch :lol: but i loved the manga and the stage play did it enough justice imo!

To be honest I just follow whichever series my fav actors are in but ended up falling in love with the story itself :rlytearpls:

Do you have any favourite?
Feel free to share your fav series/actors/actresses here! I'd love to check them out~

#2 male:ko

male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

My fav Kuroshitsuji with Yuya Matsushita like Sebastian :chu:  :lub:  :lub:

#3 nanonano

nanonano

Idol

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

My fav Kuroshitsuji with Yuya Matsushita like Sebastian :chu:  :lub:  :lub:

ive never watched this one! tbh i love the manga so much im kinda afraid to watch it loll but yuya matsushita sounds amazing :rlytearpls:

Up, Up and Away!