Photo

I want to be a fan of the 46/48 bands

akb48 48 46 jpop nogizaka46

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Group Should I First Look At / First Stan

1. All of them (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

2. AKB48 (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Sister Groups That Debuted 2009 - 2013 (SKE48, NMB48, HKT48) (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

4. Newest Sister Group (NGT48) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Disbanded Sister Group (SDN48) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Non-Japanese Sister Groups (JKT48, TPE48, MNL48, BNK48) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 46 Groups (Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46) (15 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

8. The Chinese Groups (SNH48, BEJ48, GNZ48, SHY48) (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Curlymckay

Curlymckay

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Locationidol hell

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

For a while now, I've always thought the 46/48 groups were really cool. I occasionally stop by their wiki (stage48) and I'm always really impressed by the amount of girls in each group. But, I have a problem where I feel like I need to know everybody's name right away. So do you guys have any recommendations on TV shows with the 46/48 groups or which group to look at first? Or just any tips in general relating to them? Thank you~

#2 DMNDS&PRLS

DMNDS&PRLS

♥Yeah! Meccha Holiday♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • LocationIn GD cafe♥~

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:28 AM (Edited by DMNDS&PRLS, 09 January 2017 - 01:34 AM.)

Akbingo is a good way to get to know them, you can probably find sub episodes on daily motion. Voz48 also has some of their concerts and documentaries. The show must go on docu. is really good but I can't find the eng sub anymore. The goto songs are River, Uza, Heavy rotation, and flying get. Their dark/daring songs are really good too like:Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou ,inochi no tsukaimichi, I'm crying and Namida uri no shoujo.

#3 Jeffrey Jung

Jeffrey Jung

DΞΔN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,123 posts
  • Location마린... 정신차려 난 남자라구

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

The 46 groups has their own variety shows too like Nogibingo and Keyakite Kakkenai

#4 crazy dog

crazy dog

Idol

• PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationCheng Xiao's Heart

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:38 AM (Edited by crazy dog, 09 January 2017 - 01:40 AM.)

i did watch SNH48 mv back in sept and from that day until now i always look at their content !! 

my favs there are : BEJ48 team B then SNH48 team H2 and SNH48 team S2 

now im an addict , i can't spend a day without looking at their work 

last saturday they did have a concert b50, i watched it from beginning to the end , concert was like 4hours and 30 minutes 

be ready if u did start watching SNH48 content your life is definitely gonna change 

#5 nokoru

nokoru

Idol

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:55 AM (Edited by nokoru, 09 January 2017 - 01:56 AM.)

All except CHN48  :smile:

Seriously I think you should check AKBINGO!

#6 onieyez

onieyez

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

akbingo is the place to start

there's also Majisuka Gakuen, which is there own little drama, but I think it's more fun to watch it after you learn a few faces and names

and all those documentaries movies

in the end you'll end up remembering about 100 or so names and faces, but then you realize that's what's needed in order to know why the groups are as popular as they are.

#7 demasta

demasta

46G & Flower <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • LocationFighting on with Yuipon in Fukyouwaon and ignoring everyone else

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

I would say go watch akbingo to get into akb48, especially the older episodes, the earlier generations were the best

But personally for me, I don't really keep up with 48G anymore, I love 46G though, they're great. And if you have any questions, you could stop by at the official threads and we can help you there.

But you should watch their variety shows to get to know them better and watch the mvs.

#8 DePANDAble

DePANDAble

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:39 AM (Edited by DePANDAble, 09 January 2017 - 02:39 AM.)

Documentaries and variety shows work the best

If you can get into their music (not everyone likes songs with Japanese girls singing all at once  :lol:) then if you find members that stand out to you, you can try to find them in variety shows (if they're important members they'll get lots of screentime in the MVs, variety shows and the occasional documentary too)

Have fun~  :ohbi:

#9 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,810 posts
  • Location(ΦωΦ)

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:50 AM (Edited by mochichan, 09 January 2017 - 03:05 AM.)

But, I have a problem where I feel like I need to know everybody's name right away.

Don't do that to yourself lol.....
it's easier to just pick one that get your attention first then go on from there instead of trying to remember everyone

sub works for 48G

AKBINGO, alot of them are old and many members have left tho but older AKBINGO are more interesting so you can watch for the variety - http://halfassedsubs...blr.com/AKBingo

Alot of AKB48 but got other groups too - http://myaidol.net

NMB48 - http://teppensubteam.tumblr.com

Recent AKB, Nogi, Keya, NGT48 shows -
https://m.youtube.co...cSpNxoBmZil8mLg

----

if you want song recommend you can come to the official thread. For what group you want to get into...AKB is the easiest bc there are alot of materials.

Nogi and Keya are trending now and if you don't like gravures they're easier to get into. Keya concept is more interesting than anything AKB done recently tbh

SNH48 is the one easier to transition to if you like kpop bc their visuals are similar to kpop. Their vocalists are stronger than JPN48

#10 bananamina

bananamina

Idol

• PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:57 AM

definitely go for akbingo and other variety shows! you'll have it easier to remember the names. You'll get into the groups automatically :)

#11 riduch

riduch

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:01 AM (Edited by riduch, 09 January 2017 - 09:03 AM.)

I would recommend highly the 46. They're the leaders in female j-idol scene right now.

Nogizaka is the highest selling female idol group in 2016, while keyakizaka is the most hyped

remembering all the members of those 2 idol groups is easy, they only got 70 people cumulatively, still much but 48g got 300++ girls, so it's definitely easier. but hey akb48 old stuffs are godly, both the music and the varieties, nowadays they're on the decline though.

to start the 46: keyakitte kakenai, nogizakatte doko, nogizaka under construction. If you love delusion you should also check nogibingo and keyabingo, I personally dislike delusion and love comedies more, so I don't follow 46bingos

for akb, they got plenty of variety shows. but I highly recommending you akb48 show, NKM48 did subbed almost all of the episodes. also akbingo, this is legit funny variety, they tortured the girls, in funny way lol

#12 Sun☼Shine

Sun☼Shine

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:12 AM (Edited by Sun☼Shine, 09 January 2017 - 11:14 AM.)

Personally I'd recommend AKB, NMB, the 46Gs and CHN48. The other sister groups were good when they started but have definitely slipped, AKB is starting to make good music again and so is NMB. After CHN48 left the mothership they've been doing fantastic work. The 46Gs are in a league of their own. NGT hasn't put out anything yet, so I can't judge.

If you don't want to watch a weekly show all the time and just want a crash course, I'd say look at the documentaries instead.

#13 Dathzxr

Dathzxr

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi there,just saying i'm a 46G fan and my opinion might be biased.

The thing you see is that there is no reason to remember all the members names as you know in AKB there over hundreds of members and its practically impossible to do that what i suggest to do,is remember the members that catches your eyes first.Then slowly find out about other members through their interactions with each other.

TBH,I definitely think that you should follow the 46G.Since the 46G literally has less members than the AKB group you will have an easier time to remember their faces.I highly suggest you watch Keyakitte Kakenai&KeyaBingo for Keyakizaka and Nogizaka Doko&NogiBingo for Nogizaka

#14 hilmanelric

hilmanelric

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts
  • Locationout there somewhere

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

i'd say familiarize yourself with AKB first because they also has sister groups member there as kennin, although if you are from KPOP fans might like NMB more

#15 ScarletWhimsy

ScarletWhimsy

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationOnly the best bubble tea shops.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Don't pressure yourself with needing to know names. It really isn't necessary to learn everyone, because as you watch more content, you will slowly find the girls that you like and want to know more about, and those names will slowly grow on you. :smile:

Definitely AKB48 of course, and pick whichever sisters you want, but like how many people have already mentioned, the two 46G (the rival groups) are just amazing as well so don't forget about them! CHN48 are no longer affiliated with Japan's organization, but they have being creating fantastic original content in 2016, so the future is incredibly bright.

#16 kiraime

kiraime

Trainee

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in your heart

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

1. If you want to know about akb please watch their tv program first. AKBINGO (akb 1Ji 59Fun -> Akb 0ji 59fun -> akbingo) find your oshi first, you can find video+subtitle in Myaidol or dailymotion or youtube 

then shukan akb, nemouse terebi, naruhodo high school, gachi gase, Kousagi dojo, AKB to XX, akb48show, AKB shirabe, renai sousenkyo etc. but (subtitle = :rlytearpls: try your best!)

2. their documentary , concert , event(akb48 kohaku, Request hour, sosenkyo, sport festival etc) , individual documentary (something like jonetsu tairiku), stage perform, and their radio program ANN (all night Nippon)

3. Drama majisuka gakuen 1-5. cabasuka gakuen, new drama akb48 x pro wrestling 

get it to the whole 48grup 

BUT its easy to know 46g because a lot member still in the grup.

my english is very bad bad bad!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: akb48, 48, 46, jpop, nogizaka46

Up, Up and Away!