Photo

Official New DANGANRONPA V3 Thread

mikey gaming danganronpa anime japanese visual novel mystery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#41 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:19 PM (Edited by Salieri, 05 January 2017 - 05:23 PM.)

^
I had 0 expectation for the game truth be told and coming into the first one after my brother suggested it to me. But was blown away. The second game sucked me in the fandom xD. Anyone played ultra despair girls? Is a good game not as polished as the other two but still good. The mangas are also very good. I only read a few. Danganronpa/Zero being my fav of the few I read Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc IF. Danganronpa 1 ・2 Beautiful Days. Trying to find kirigiri light novel is a pain though :(

When is the realease date for Europe?

Sometime this year hopefully. No confirmed date but is already up on nis america Europe page. Ps4 and vita. Unsure about PC.

#42 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:57 PM (Edited by Step, 05 January 2017 - 05:58 PM.)

I played Ultra Despair Girls, I thought it was mediocre at best to be honest, Toko was the shining light in that game, Monaca was fab too, the gameplay was horrendous, the fact that you had to unlock power-ups to change the stick sensitivity, what a mess, and I don't wanna start on the story.

I read the Danganronpa IF Visual Novel, Ultra Despair Hagakure and I'm half way through Zero, I thought they were all very good, I was sadly spoiled about a lot of Danganronpa Zero's twists tho =/

I think the only two I'm missing is Danganronpa Kirigiri and Danganronpa Byakuya, I don't think they're translated though? Also, I heard Danganronpa Byakuya wasn't good, but I'll still read it if I ever find translation.

And yeah, I unsubbed from the Danganronpa subreddit the second I heard about the datamining, I also cleared my Youtube history, hoping for a quick translation.

#43 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

I played Ultra Despair Girls, I thought it was mediocre at best to be honest, Toko was the shining light in that game, Monaca was fab too, the gameplay was horrendous, the fact that you had to unlock power-ups to change the stick sensitivity, what a mess, and I don't wanna start on the story.

I read the Danganronpa IF Visual Novel, Ultra Despair Hagakure and I'm half way through Zero, I thought they were all very good, I was sadly spoiled about a lot of Danganronpa Zero's twists tho =/

I think the only two I'm missing is Danganronpa Kirigiri and Danganronpa Byakuya, I don't think they're translated though? Also, I heard Danganronpa Byakuya wasn't good, but I'll still read it if I ever find translation.

And yeah, I unsubbed from the Danganronpa subreddit the second I heard about the datamining, I also cleared my Youtube history, hoping for a quick translation.

Danganronpa: Togami is just bad, don't bother. I dunno about the Kirigiri one. Yeah, they are not translated in America sadly. :( I loved DRIF and DR Zero, though. 

#44 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Ultra despair girls hit me hard though, the game play was very mediocre but you can't help but like the story (at least for me I liked the game for it's back story and especially the character development for Toko whom I felt attached to afterwards). komaeda was another character whom also got some development Sensitivity didn't really bother me from the get go I was just having a bit of diffciultiy but it was tolerable. 

Zero is a story you shouldn't had any spoilers going in OMG.  :cry:  also can you please  link me to Ultra Despair Hagakure if you can remember, would like to read it. 

#45 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

Ultra despair girls hit me hard though, the game play was very mediocre but you can't help but like the story (at least for me I liked the game for it's back story and especially the character development for Toko whom I felt attached to afterwards). komaeda was another character whom also got some development Sensitivity didn't really bother me from the get go I was just having a bit of diffciultiy but it was tolerable. 

Zero is a story you shouldn't had any spoilers going in OMG.  :cry:  also can you please  link me to Ultra Despair Hagakure if you can remember, would like to read it. 

You can go here and read it. 

#46 Xenoire

Xenoire

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Maybe I made this thread too prematurely lol... There isn't much we can discuss until it comes out later this Spring   :rlytearpls:

#47 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

Maybe I made this thread too prematurely lol... There isn't much we can discuss until it comes out later this Spring   :rlytearpls:

Yeah, I've heard it's coming out this spring too, but not sure if it has been confirmed by NISA yet. The only thing to discuss is really the demo from translations on Youtube and the Internet.

The OST leaked, and so I am sure spoilers will be inbound soon enough since it's less than a week til release. 

#48 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

Even though you guys got spoiled you still enjoyed it? I was spoiled from the 1st game because I watched the anime and I didn't have as much enjoyment as I did when I got into the 2nd game blind.

I definitely enjoyed the first two because i have a very big love towards the entire series, but the spoilers did ruin the gameplay a bit because there were no surprises. I watched the anime before the game too because i only found out it was a game until after. As for the second one, younger me didn't know that the Danganronpa wiki page had such big spoilers in the character profiles. I just wanted to know the characters but what did i get, spoilers  :rlytearpls:

#49 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

The gameplay wasn't hard, just tedious and not fun, the story had it's moments, like with Toko and I think Toko and Komaru's friendship was super sweet but I think it had a lot of downfalls as well

Spoiler

I didn't read it online, when you finish Ultra Despair Girls, it's unlocked as a special bonus, like Danganronpa IF when you finish DR2 but Snow White Queens link looks good~

I'm kinda hoping DRV3 also has a translated Visual Novel in the end, even if it's just Zero, an official Translation would be baller.

#50 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

The gameplay wasn't hard, just tedious and not fun, the story had it's moments, like with Toko and I think Toko and Komaru's friendship was super sweet but I think it had a lot of downfalls as well

Spoiler

I didn't read it online, when you finish Ultra Despair Girls, it's unlocked as a special bonus, like Danganronpa IF when you finish DR2 but Snow White Queens link looks good~

I'm kinda hoping DRV3 also has a translated Visual Novel in the end, even if it's just Zero, an official Translation would be baller.

I respect where you are coming from for me, actually I enjoyed  Komaru's development, maybe that's just how I am OTL.  Espically during the end part where

Spoiler

O.O once I beaten ultra despair girls I just ended the game there, never actually got back to it. Thanks, going to be replaying both 1 & 2 & ultra despair girls when DV3 has a release date confirmed for the NA & EU release. And I didn't even noticed that IF  was from 2 OTL. 

#51 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

UDG thoughts and DR3 anime spoilers.

Spoiler

#52 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

GUYS

OMG THE NEW GAMEPLAY AND NANAMI *.*

#53 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:44 PM (Edited by Salieri, 11 January 2017 - 06:45 PM.)

Seen some early reviews and man I'm so dying right now. The despair is so f**king real  :cry:  :cry:

Anyway throwback just because I'm insane.  WARNING SPOILER FOR THE ANIME AND MAY CRUSH YOUR HEART ENJOY - here 

Spoiler

#54 Xenoire

Xenoire

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

GUYS

OMG THE NEW GAMEPLAY AND NANAMI *.*

the new gameplay looks great and from non-spoilery reviews it sounds like this game's story and characters are way better than expected. I'm excited but I can't wait to go in blind and save myself from spoilers! You guys stay strong! Spring 2017 here we gooooo

#55 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:04 PM (Edited by Salieri, 11 January 2017 - 09:07 PM.)

the new gameplay looks great and from non-spoilery reviews it sounds like this game's story and characters are way better than expected. I'm excited but I can't wait to go in blind and save myself from spoilers! You guys stay strong! Spring 2017 here we gooooo

From what I heard apparently is better than the second so I'm just like. Ugh. Spike Chunsoft and Nis just give us the game. I don't mind if is just Japanese dub and English sub (I'd be so much more greatful :lol: ) I just want the release date so I can cancel all my plans for that week and drown myself in the sea of despair :cry:

#56 Xenoire

Xenoire

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

From what I heard apparently is better than the second so I'm just like. Ugh. Spike Chunsoft and Nis just give us the game. I don't mind if is just Japanese dub and English sub (I'd be so much more greatful :lol: ) I just want the release date so I can cancel all my plans for that week and drown myself in the sea of despair :cry:

Same lol I kind of want to savor my time playing it though so I will probably do something like a chapter or half a chapter a day. But I'll probably end up binge playing it LOL.

Also, yes! Just cut the English dub out and release it earlier! OMG I'm like so excited for the game lol

#57 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

It hadn't even crossed my mind that the game was released, now i'm even more impatient!!! I"m counting down the days till the english release

Does anybody by any chance no anything about the english release or is there still no details besides the fact that it's going to be released in the spring?

#58 Xenoire

Xenoire

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

It hadn't even crossed my mind that the game was released, now i'm even more impatient!!! I"m counting down the days till the english release

Does anybody by any chance no anything about the english release or is there still no details besides the fact that it's going to be released in the spring?

Yeah it just got released today lol.

NIS said it's gonna be released after Danganronpa 1-2 Reload's release in the West (which is March 31, 2017) but before Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls gets ported to the PS4 which is in summer of 2017. So we're looking at an estimated Spring release 2017  :) Plus NIS Europe, they said that they were making V3 their utmost priority too! Also news on an English dub were already in the works by the end of 2016 so they've been working on the Western version for a while it seems. 

#59 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,602 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:04 PM (Edited by Salieri, 11 January 2017 - 10:21 PM.)

NIS said it's gonna be released after Danganronpa 1-2 Reload's release in the West (which is March 31, 2017) but before Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls gets ported to the PS4 which is in summer of 2017 . So we're looking at an estimated Spring release 2017 :) Plus NIS Europe, they said that they were making V3 their utmost priority too! Also news on an English dub were already in the works by the end of 2016 so they've been working on the Western version for a while it seems.

Looks like I'll be needing to cancel my whole of April now. Didn't occur to me two of my favourite game series is getting games out the same time. I thought it was going to be Autumn of this year that v3 will be out. But dam.
Spoiler
. Just wished it was earlier but I'll just wait another 2/3 months before getting it. Hopefully we can get a release date soon.

May have some spoilers

ALL THOSE MERCHS. ME WANT. Kodaka-san. Just take my money please and get the game over to the West. My heart needs the game.

#60 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

NIS said it's gonna be released after Danganronpa 1-2 Reload's release in the West (which is March 31, 2017) but before Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls gets ported to the PS4 which is in summer of 2017. So we're looking at an estimated Spring release 2017  :) Plus NIS Europe, they said that they were making V3 their utmost priority too! Also news on an English dub were already in the works by the end of 2016 so they've been working on the Western version for a while it seems. 

Thanks, this helped! Now i have a better estimate date

Up, Up and Away!