Photo

Official New DANGANRONPA V3 Thread

mikey gaming danganronpa anime japanese visual novel mystery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#21 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Well we don't have to wait too long to see the final of the game. Just wonder how many of our minds would still be in tact after V3 :hurr: is anyone going to be porting it? I just don't want to read anything with the third game when it releases in Japan since it's going to take some time to have it translated and brought to the west, will need to beat Danganronpa 1 & 2 again later in 2017 just so my mind can prepare itself for V3 ;) 

Steins;gate

Spoiler

Especially with the whole "What's a truth and what's a lie?" theme I'm sure we're gonna be so mindblown when it comes out lol. And I'm freaking out with the fact that it's coming out in 3 weeks!!! I'm so excited but I don't wanna be spoiled

Spoiler

#22 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

I did play Danganronpa 2 lol and I agree

Spoiler
. But see my problem with the fakeout theory is that I really doubt that Kodaka would make a SHSL Detective carry the trials like with Kirigiri. She practically solved every murder in the first game even before the trial started.

Steins;Gate

Spoiler

That's interesting lol I tend to get into OST's after the anime/game/show/whatever it is lol. But I know! I was so close to finishing DR2 unspoiled then I saw a video pop up on my feed about the ending like ARGH. Luckily this time the English version is being localized very close to the Japanese date so there won't be as much free time for spoilers.

Spoiler

Well, it depends, if I know the series and love it's music, my most anticipated pre-release material is that sweet, sweet OST, but if I don't know the series, then yeah it's the other way around.

My top 3 in terms of design rn, are Gonta, Shirogane and Angie, I'm probably going to spend time with Shirogane first cause I fear with her talent, she may not be long for this world ;~;

Spoiler

#23 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:01 PM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 27 December 2016 - 08:01 PM.)

Well, it depends, if I know the series and love it's music, my most anticipated pre-release material is that sweet, sweet OST, but if I don't know the series, then yeah it's the other way around.

My top 3 in terms of design rn, are Gonta, Shirogane and Angie, I'm probably going to spend time with Shirogane first cause I fear with her talent, she may not be long for this world ;~;

Spoiler

My top 3 on design are Maki, Gonta, and Tsumugi. Angie is cute but she is lowkey giving me murderer vibes. I feel like she's going to die too! I definitely want to spend my time with her, UGH I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME WITH EVERYONE WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DIE.

I'm LOOOOOOOOOOOVING Himiko though, I hope this loli won't die

Spoiler

#24 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,443 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Did anyone watch the demo? Just been looking at some gameplay translated footage from the Japanese demo

#25 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

I'm honestly so curious on who the murderers, victims and survivors will be. I feel like the game is gonna catch us all by surprise (yet again) and they'll be lots of surprises! But the victim vibes i'm getting from Gonta better be false because i can't have him die. He's a literal teddy bear that needs to be protected at all times

#26 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:53 PM (Edited by Step, 28 December 2016 - 07:57 PM.)

My top 3 on design are Maki, Gonta, and Tsumugi. Angie is cute but she is lowkey giving me murderer vibes. I feel like she's going to die too! I definitely want to spend my time with her, UGH I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME WITH EVERYONE WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DIE.

I'm LOOOOOOOOOOOVING Himiko though, I hope this loli won't die

Spoiler

I'm kind of torn with Himiko, she sounds awesome, but I'm a sucker for murder mysteries involving magic, sooo IDK lol, I'm kind hoping she does murder someone, on the other hand she's so cute OTL

Spoiler

Did anyone watch the demo? Just been looking at some gameplay translated footage from the Japanese demo

I've been watching this!

They're only up to the investigation part, but the translation seems is really good, it doesn't seem stiff or awkward and it's easy to understand~

#27 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:57 AM

I've been watching the same channel that Step posted lol

I'm honestly so curious on who the murderers, victims and survivors will be. I feel like the game is gonna catch us all by surprise (yet again) and they'll be lots of surprises! But the victim vibes i'm getting from Gonta better be false because i can't have him die. He's a literal teddy bear that needs to be protected at all times

Gonta needs to survive! If he doesn't, I'm going to riot! And I feel the same way! It's so hard to see who is going to be what! I'm just scared my baby Harukawa is going to be bad considering her rather... Ominous look in the original art for the game

latest?cb=20151202132809

And there are some really good talents made for murdering (looking at Tsumugi) and personalities (Angie) but then again I don't get murder-y vibes from them at all. But if DR2 taught us anything is that anybody can be a killer considering

Spoiler

#28 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:01 AM

I'm kind of torn with Himiko, she sounds awesome, but I'm a sucker for murder mysteries involving magic, sooo IDK lol, I'm kind hoping she does murder someone, on the other hand she's so cute OTL

Spoiler

There was a still of a fire execution in one of the recent trailers and people were suspecting that it was for Himiko because they were saying "fire = magic" but fire executions are pretty generic, IMO. Like DR1 SPOILER

Spoiler
. I agree though she has like almost the perfect talent for being a murderer

#29 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Oh shit... Someone datamined the demo and spoilers may or may not start popping up... 

#30 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:36 AM (Edited by Snow White Queen, 04 January 2017 - 10:44 AM.)

I can help bump this to keep the thread alive! I love me some Danganronpa! <3

I am excited for the new game, though found Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc a bit disappointing. Future Arc had it's moments of being weak too, though. 

The demo to what I've seen of it is pretty neat, but too bad it'll likely never make it over here on the USA PSN store. :/

Oh shit... Someone datamined the demo and spoilers may or may not start popping up...

I saw this on the Danganronpa subreddit. The person who worked on the Danganronpa 1 fan translation is to be trusted more than anybody else. They have the datamined info, but said they're not gonna post it til a few weeks after the game has been out in Japan.

#31 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

^
I'm avoiding that sub reddit like my life depends on it :lol: honestly i don't want any spoilers until the game is released over here in the west  :cry:

#32 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:06 AM (Edited by Snow White Queen, 04 January 2017 - 11:07 AM.)

^
I'm avoiding that sub reddit like my life depends on it :lol: honestly i don't want any spoilers until the game is released over here in the west  :cry:

I think avoiding that subreddit and Tumblr is your best bet. I've already seen a few DR blogs say they're scheduling/queueing posts as they go dark when it launches in Japan. :P
Also, love that Chiaki gif! <3

#33 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

I think avoiding that subreddit and Tumblr is your best bet. I've already seen a few DR blogs say they're scheduling/queueing posts as they go dark when it launches in Japan. :P
Also, love that Chiaki gif! <3

Just unsucrubed to the sub reddit and tumblr I rarely use OTL. Might need to avoid this thread as well.  :derp:

#34 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Just unsucrubed to the sub reddit and tumblr I rarely use OTL. Might need to avoid this thread as well.  :derp:

Yeep! I probably would stay off of it for a while. I may have to unsub to it as well.

#35 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:31 PM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 04 January 2017 - 04:32 PM.)

Yeep! I probably would stay off of it for a while. I may have to unsub to it as well.

I unsubbed from the subreddit, deleted all Danganronpa off my YT, and I haven't been on Tumblr in ages so I hope I'm safe.

Also I don't plan on posting spoilers guys lol I'm waiting for the English release too.

I think you should unsub BTW. They already starte posting spoilers on it ;-; At least "alleged" spoilers

#36 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

I'm avoiding anything and everything Dangan like the plague. i will not accept having any spoilers for this game. It's enough i got spoilers for the first two. I wish everyone the best in living a spoiler free life until they can get their hands on a copy of the game.

#37 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

I'm avoiding anything and everything Dangan like the plague. i will not accept having any spoilers for this game. It's enough i got spoilers for the first two. I wish everyone the best in living a spoiler free life until they can get their hands on a copy of the game.

Same lol this thread is for the English version though so I hope nobody comes in here with spoilers. Hopefully once the English version comes out we can be more active in this thread and discuss the game!

Like I have no idea why people spoil themselves on a MYSTERY game. You only have 1 chance to unravel the mystery with your first playthrough.

#38 Snow White Queen

Snow White Queen

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

don't worry, I was spoiled on the first two as well but still bought them upon release. it was pretty hard to since the let's play thread was made back in the day for DR1 and think 2.

#39 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

don't worry, I was spoiled on the first two as well but still bought them upon release. it was pretty hard to since the let's play thread was made back in the day for DR1 and think 2.

Even though you guys got spoiled you still enjoyed it? I was spoiled from the 1st game because I watched the anime and I didn't have as much enjoyment as I did when I got into the 2nd game blind.

#40 VIP Elvis

VIP Elvis

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

When is the realease date for Europe?

Up, Up and Away!