• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:32 AM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 27 December 2016 - 01:32 AM.)

latest?cb=20161207232617vqMXEDN.jpg

The latest installment in the Danganronpa series, New Danganronpa V3 (shortened as NDV3) begins a new saga — breaking off from the Hope's Peak arc riddled with hope, despair, and Junko Enoshima.

Instead is a new theme (Lies v. Truth), 16 new characters, a new story, and brand new killing game! This time, the 16 Super High School Level students are trapped in Gifted Inmates Academy by Monokuma and his 5 self-proclaimed children: Monokumarz, cubs of Monokuma who are running the newest game.

If you don't know the Danganronpa format: 16 students are isolated from the world and are forced to abide by Monokuma's (now the 5 Monokumarz) rules which includes killing each other. Each student has some incentive to leave their isolation, but the only way to do that is to murder another student and get away with it. These students aren't normal students, however. They are known for being "Super High School Level ________" (shortened as SHSL) where they are the ultimate person who is the best at whatever talent they have. Utilizing their ultimate talents, something that only they can do, they create hard to crack murder mysteries.

Kaede Akamatsu, our protagonist, will work her way through Gifted Inmates Academy to figure out why all of them are there while simultaneously trying to survive while the student number drops one by one.

Who will live and who will die in this thrilling new story arc! (Note: this takes place in the future after the first arc but we don't know when)

Release date: Spring 2017 (English), January 12, 2017 (Japanese)

Genre: Mystery, thriller, visual novel, anime

Platforms: PS4, PSVita

NOTE: WE WILL BE PRIMARILY DISCUSSING DANGANRONPA FOR THE ENGLISH VERSION. BUT IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS JAPANESE SPOILERS, PLEASE USE THE SPOILER TAB. THANK YOU.

#2 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:34 AM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 27 December 2016 - 01:37 AM.)

Let's meet the characters!

latest?cb=20160920184702

HetyKQD.jpg

Kaede Akamatsu, the SHSL Pianist, is our first female protagonist of a main game! Unlike her protagonist predecessors, she takes the lead in investigating and unifying the group. She has a strong will and won't hesitate to take action, even if that means lying to get the truth out of her friends. Dependable and positive, it will be exciting delving into her perspective and learning the truth of what put her and her classmates in that academy throughout the game! "Even if we're afraid, we gotta keep fighting! With the truth."

vIvvmfQ.png

Ki-Bo is the SHSL robot, and one of the 1st characters out of 3 shown when NDRV3 was announced later 2015! While much about him isn't known besides the fact that he fights for robot rights, him being shown with 2 other characters months before our protagonist Kaede was shown imply his importance to the game! Made by a mysterious, unknown Professor Iidabashi, Ki-Bo is a serious and polite-mannered robot. "Please don't use prejudiced remarks like, 'Robots don't have hearts!' Heart patterns are achievable with calculations!"

zEmNtgI.jpg

Shuichi Saihara is the SHSL Detective. Sound familiar? He takes the reigns after his SHSL predecessors Kyoko Kirigiri! As opposed to his counterpart, who solved every murder in the first game before trials even started, Shuichi appears to be lacking in his problem-solving — even acknowledging that himself. He is not confident, but nevertheless does his best to solve the crimes. Shy and timid, yet serious, Shuichi seems to be one of the more important characters, acting as a person to help the protagonist with the case (like his predecessor). "For now... I'm the Super High School Level Detective, but... I always found that to be a weird choice."

STFijgI.jpg

Rantarou Amami is the SHSL ???. Not much is known about his ability. In past games characters with unknown talents were Kyouko Kirigiri, a deuteragonist and main character, and Hajime Hinata, another main character. Because of this, it is strongly believed that Rantarou will be a prevalent character. Regardless, Rantarou is a care-free character and often pushes the fact that he is "not a suspicious guy." However, when it comes to intellect, he turns out to be a calculating, insightful character — especially when it comes to investigating and class trials. "Guess life isn't that easy..."

0RyyD8A.jpg

Maki Harukawa is the SHSL Caregiver. Maki is one of the first characters shown for NDRV3 along with Ki-Bo and Kaito Momota. Again, because she was one of the first three characters announced before the rest of the cast, it is presumed that she will hold an important part of the story. Despite her cold demeanor and closed off personality, Maki is the ultimate caregiver and states that all children love her for some reason. Maki has shown to be one of the more smart characters in the demo, being one of the few to actually advance the class trials and investigation. When she does talk, if ever, she talks with confidence that her argument is correct and even has a sharp-witted tongue, never shying away from snapping back and speaking in a sarcastic tone with her inmates. "It doesn't take a detective to figure out a kitchen knife came from the kitchen..."

#3 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:38 AM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 27 December 2016 - 01:39 AM.)

0tCoi1N.jpg

Tenko Chabashira is the SHSL Aikido Master. She hates men. Like really. While it is unknown what made her dislike for men so strong, Tenko is a very outspoken and loud woman. But despite her outspoken nature, Tenko is very cheerful and polite to everybody. She is so good at her craft that she made her own type of martial art, "Neo Aikido." "A punch to the front is the honor of an aikido master!"

nlIZk7H.jpg

Angie Yonaga is the SHSL Artist. Angie is very eccentric, positive, and does things her own way — especially for God. She loves God, a lot. While she makes beautiful painting and sculptures, she herself says she just lets God possess her body and work through her to create her artwork. As displayed in the demo, she doesn't contribute much to trials. But don't let her bubbly, innocent demeanor fool you. She says she regularly makes blood sacrifices for God. "It's OK! God is looking out for us!"

AOlsHAo.jpg

Kaito Momota is the SHSL Astronaut. But not really, he actually scammed his way through his astronaut tests but the company found him so interesting that they made him an astronaut anyways. Kaito is very energetic and passionate and especially romantic. While he exudes comedy and only comedy, he was one of the first three characters shown along with Ki-Bo and Maki Harukawa when the game was first announced, implying that he is going to be at least somewhat important to the game. "I'm Kaito Momota, space legend! Huh? Who do you think you're calling an idiot!"

q6BK9pY.jpg

Tsumugi Shirogane is the SHSL Cosplayer. Tsumugi loves cosplaying and creating cosplays; she is so good at creating cosplays that she is sponsored by numerous top companies. However, she hates people looking at her and prefers to have others wear her costumes. She is gentle and rather docile, but is an honors student at her school and very passionate when it comes to cosplay — even ignoring everybody else when deep in thought. In the demo, she proves to be one of the few characters who actually try to investigate and solve the murders. "Black-haired red-eyed girls are great without exception!"

#4 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:43 AM

b9oBThm.jpg

Kokichi Ouma is the SHSL Supreme Leader. He claims that he is the leader of a powerful sect outside of the prison. He does whatever he wants to get what he wants, shedding crocodile tears, telling lies, to just saying whatever he thinks. He is the only person who has seen through Kaede's lies — perhaps because he lies so much himself. He is very sly, and mischievous, and loves soda. "Do robots have dicks?" Kokichi to Ki-Bo

c2JAlZ2.jpg

Korekiyo Shinguji is the SHSL Anthropologist. Korekiyo has traveled the world for his anthropologist studies and has, as a result, come to the conclusion to face all things with an emotional and rational calm. He is a very cool-headed man yet doesn't seem to contribute much to class trials and investigations of murders. "Getting emotional is no good, we have to be calm and logical in search of the truth."

nyRsMex.jpg

Miu Iruma is the SHSL Inventor. Iruma is perhaps the ost eccentric, loud, perverted character in the game. She firstly considers herself a genius and every time she opens her mouth she spews insults. However, as soon as someone responds to her brash statements she turns into a timid girl who is scared of others being mad at her. As an inventor, she is skilled but also an eccentric who treats her failed projects with the idea that "I transferred the rights to the company, so it's got nothing to do with me".

RHnD99D.jpg

Himiko Yumeno is the SHSL Magician, but claims to be the SHSL Mage because she's a real magician. However, despite her clais she only says she can pull parlor tricks such as pulling a coin behind your ear. Himiko is a very lazy person when it comes to anything else besides her music, though. She claims talking wears her out. She also claims that she was the youngest person ever chosen by the world magic lovers' society, The Magician's Castle, as the Magician of the Year. However, she says she has been prevented from receiving her reward because of a conspiracy to hide the existence of magic. "Relying on me for something is a terrible idea."

vGg7Suh.jpg

Kirumi Tojo is the SHSL Maid. She is very serious in her job with a very strong sense of duty. Kirumi is a refined, mature young lady who's described as "a professional who does a perfect job". She has a keen mind and talented in various ways, reportedly able to carry out any job. She is polite and formal, as well as quite serious. As a maid, her creed is "duty before self". Thus, she has a very strong sense of duty and a will to work for the sake of others. She is very willing to use all of her power to cooperate with the other students. In the demo, she has shown to be one of the few people investigating and actively participating in class trials. "You suspect me? Well I'll do my best to crush all of your suspicions."

PwLU7W7.png

Gonta Gokuhara is the SHSL Entomologist. Gonta likes animals very much, especially insects, and he can even speak with them. He is a kind-hearted, very gentle, and polite person. However, he turns very angry if people are hating insects and he believes bug lovers can't be bad. In order to repay his woodland family, he aims to become a true gentleman. He wants to be useful to others, but he prefers not to do physical fighting and violence. Because he spent his childhood in the forest, he is lacking general cultural knowledge, and so he often has trouble speaking with the other students. Because of his appearance, he doesn't like to start conversations and as a result when someone approached him, he would like to say "thank you" as in "thank you for talking to me."

latest?cb=20161220222743

I couldn't get the twitter version like the rest

Ryoma Hoshi is the SHSL Tennis Player. It is tradition in Danganronpa for the more silly-looking characters to die, so maybe Ryoma will break tradition this game. Because his personality is beyond silly. In reality, he killed mafia members with his "murder tennis" and portrays a tough exterior hardened by tough life experiences. He is a silent type but contributes to the class progress. "Your logic is way too naive."

#5 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationDon't stop! Let's bring it back to 1:40

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:50 AM

YES. I needed this thread.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy when the English version comes out

#6 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

I'm going to be posting new gameplay mechanics and other content whenever I feel like it

YES. I needed this thread.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy when the English version comes out

I know! I'm so hyped up! I'm so tempted to look at spoilers once the Japanese version comes out in like 3 weeks but I'm forcing myself off of my Danganronpa sources to stay in the dark until the English version.

What characters do you like? My favorite is Maki but I feel like she's going to die

#7 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationDon't stop! Let's bring it back to 1:40

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

I know! I'm so hyped up! I'm so tempted to look at spoilers once the Japanese version comes out in like 3 weeks but I'm forcing myself off of my Danganronpa sources to stay in the dark until the English version.

What characters do you like? My favorite is Maki but I feel like she's going to die

I'm really liking Miu and Tsumugi and i feel like Gonta's gonna be a big teddy bear. I have a feeling Tsumugi's gonna murder someone, but only time will tell

#8 DummyBear

DummyBear

っゝω・)っ~☆

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Location이렇게 넌 날 애태우고 있잖아 끌 수 없어 우리 사랑은 불장난. ~ ★゜・。。・゜゜・ ♬ ♫

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:05 AM

Kaede Akamatsu resembles Sonia Nevermind alot.  :lub:

#9 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:07 AM

I'm really liking Miu and Tsumugi and i feel like Gonta's gonna be a big teddy bear. I have a feeling Tsumugi's gonna murder someone, but only time will tell

Gonta is such a bara beefcake! They need to not kill him off like they do with literally all the muscle characters. And I love Miu and Tsumugi lol Tsumugi is so cute. 

I feel she's going to kill someone too. Her talent is almost perfect to commit a murder

Kaede Akamatsu resembles Sonia Nevermind alot.  :lub:

I know! She looks like Sonia with a lil' Chiaki and also gives me Hinata vibes; I totally love her

#10 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:51 PM (Edited by Salieri, 27 December 2016 - 01:25 PM.)

SUPER EXCITED for the game, thanks you for the thread.  Iruma is looking to be one of my fav characters  :rlytearpls:

Also 

Credit: uploader :)

#11 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

SUPER EXCITED for the game, thanks you for the thread.  Iruma is looking to be one of my fav characters  :rlytearpls:

Also 

OMG YOU HAVE CHIAKI IN YOUR SIG. Quick DR3 talk though

Spoiler

YAS! The opening was so hype when it released lol here's the character trailers if you haven't seen them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7552RUFatQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1eSZb6w8EE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096ik058axw

#12 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:42 PM (Edited by Destiny Hope Cyrus, 27 December 2016 - 03:43 PM.)

Also 

Spoiler

Iruma is so funny lol she reminds me of Ibuki a little! Which is great because Ibuki is amazing

YAS! The opening was so hype when it released lol here's the 1st character trailer subbed if you haven't seen it!

#13 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationEngland~

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'm soooo excited for this game, I'm going to NEED Gonta to make it out alive, if he turns out as great as he looks, same with Kaede, but I'm not worried aobut her, the other character I really like the look of is Tsumigi, but I'm not holding out hope for her OTL I'm praying for her tho!

Also, since the demo came out I've been listening to the OST non-stop, Beautiful Lie is GORG and Brain Drive is incredible as well, links in spoilers

Spoiler

#14 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

I'm soooo excited for this game, I'm going to NEED Gonta to make it out alive, if he turns out as great as he looks, same with Kaede, but I'm not worried aobut her, the other character I really like the look of is Tsumigi, but I'm not holding out hope for her OTL I'm praying for her tho!

Also, since the demo came out I've been listening to the OST non-stop, Beautiful Lie is GORG and Brain Drive is incredible as well, links in spoilers

Spoiler

Gonta needs to break the muscle beefcake curse! Nidai, Nekomaru, Sakakura, that one cow daddie in DR3... They all deserved to keep being hot!  :cry:

I'm not worried about Kaede either. I guess we're on the opposite end of the spectrum where people think Kaede is going to die.

I haven't listened to the OST yet I've just been watching translations of the demo getting released bit by bit so far lol. I'll check these out!

Also, not you having KWEEN Mahiru in your DP. She was my favorite female in DR2 and I can't believe

Spoiler

#15 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:45 PM (Edited by Salieri, 27 December 2016 - 05:51 PM.)

Spoiler

YAS! The opening was so hype when it released lol here's the character trailers if you haven't seen them!

Nanami is practically my waifu in Danganronpa. She's practically everything i need and love.

Spoiler

#16 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

What do you guys think about the Kaede fakeout death theories? There's a theory that she isn't the main protagonist and that she's going to die and either Maki or Shuichi are the real protagonists. Personally, I think it's BS.

Nanami is practically my waifu in Danganronpa. She's practically everything i need and love.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OMG, I just noticed you have Steins;Gate in your DP too!!! Steins;Gate and Danganronpa? Your taste is flawless >>>

#17 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

What do you guys think about the Kaede fakeout death theories? There's a theory that she isn't the main protagonist and that she's going to die and either Maki or Shuichi are the real protagonists. Personally, I think it's BS.

Spoiler

OMG, I just noticed you have Steins;Gate in your DP too!!! Steins;Gate and Danganronpa? Your taste is flawless >>>

I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a huge plot twist considering how Kodaka-san's writing and the fact he loves to troll. I mean did you not play the fifth trail of danganronpa 2, watch the anime?  Danganronpa 2 spoilers

Spoiler

As for steins;gate out of topic but

Spoiler
S;G & Danganronpa are two of my favs :)

#18 Step

Step

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationEngland~

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:14 PM (Edited by Step, 27 December 2016 - 06:20 PM.)

Spoiler

I'm not worried about Kaede either. I guess we're on the opposite end of the spectrum where people think Kaede is going to die.

I haven't listened to the OST yet I've just been watching translations of the demo getting released bit by bit so far lol. I'll check these out!

Also, not you having KWEEN Mahiru in your DP. She was my favorite female in DR2 and I can't believe

Spoiler

When a game comes out with a good OST, I always obsess about it's OST before the games out, I'll probably have to erase my youtube history before the game comes out though OTL IDK what it is but Danganronpa but despite Danganronpa being a mystery/detective game, it's the most spoiled game I've ever been involved with, youtube vids with character deaths in the thumbnail, even the wiki isn't safe OTL

And I'm not too worried about Kaede's chances at survival, but if she does die, I'm gonna be legit sad, our first female protagonist, our first protagonist that's not your run-of-the-mill normie and she actually seems like a take charge kind of girl, unlike Naegi who just did what everyone else told him to do or Hajime who just went with the flow, I think people want to kill her off for a fresh take on the series or whatever, but she's a fresh take on the series herself!

Spoiler

#19 Destiny Hope Cyrus

Destiny Hope Cyrus

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a huge plot twist considering how Kodaka-san's writing and the fact he loves to troll. I mean did you not play the fifth trail of danganronpa 2, watch the anime?  Danganronpa 2 spoilers

Spoiler

As for steins;gate out of topic but

Spoiler
S;G & Danganronpa are two of my favs :)

I did play Danganronpa 2 lol and I agree

Spoiler
. But see my problem with the fakeout theory is that I really doubt that Kodaka would make a SHSL Detective carry the trials like with Kirigiri. She practically solved every murder in the first game even before the trial started.

Steins;Gate

Spoiler

When a game comes out with a good OST, I always obsess about it's OST before the games out, I'll probably have to erase my youtube history before the game comes out though OTL IDK what it is but Danganronpa but despite Danganronpa being a mystery/detective game, it's the most spoiled game I've ever been involved with, youtube vids with character deaths in the thumbnail, even the wiki isn't safe OTL

And I'm not too worried about Kaede's chances at survival, but if she does die, I'm gonna be legit sad, our first female protagonist, our first protagonist that's not your run-of-the-mill normie and she actually seems like a take charge kind of girl, unlike Naegi who just did what everyone else told him to do or Hajime who just went with the flow, I think people want to kill her off for a fresh take on the series or whatever, but she's a fresh take on the series herself!

Spoiler

That's interesting lol I tend to get into OST's after the anime/game/show/whatever it is lol. But I know! I was so close to finishing DR2 unspoiled then I saw a video pop up on my feed about the ending like ARGH. Luckily this time the English version is being localized very close to the Japanese date so there won't be as much free time for spoilers.

Spoiler

#20 Salieri

Salieri

Ultimate gamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationGamindustri

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

I did play Danganronpa 2 lol and I agree

Spoiler
. But see my problem with the fakeout theory is that I really doubt that Kodaka would make a SHSL Detective carry the trials like with Kirigiri. She practically solved every murder in the first game even before the trial started.

Steins;Gate

Spoiler

That's interesting lol I tend to get into OST's after the anime/game/show/whatever it is lol. But I know! I was so close to finishing DR2 unspoiled then I saw a video pop up on my feed about the ending like ARGH. Luckily this time the English version is being localized very close to the Japanese date so there won't be as much free time for spoilers.

Spoiler

Well we don't have to wait too long to see the final of the game. Just wonder how many of our minds would still be in tact after V3 :hurr: is anyone going to be porting it? I just don't want to read anything with the third game when it releases in Japan since it's going to take some time to have it translated and brought to the west, will need to beat Danganronpa 1 & 2 again later in 2017 just so my mind can prepare itself for V3 ;) 

Steins;gate

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mikey, gaming, danganronpa, anime, japanese, visual novel, mystery

Up, Up and Away!