Photo
- - - - -
PV

THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE - Lightning (Debut MV)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:01 PM (Edited by Mandilinn, 18 December 2016 - 08:48 PM.)

main_photo_rampage_170125.jpg

During the "EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION", a handful were picked to become the new EXILE members. In "VOCAL BATTLE AUDITION 4", young people vied for a chance to fulfill their dreams of becoming a vocalist. In "GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE", a group of talented young people started to carry out activities in an attempt to take on the international stage. In 2014, 16 talented young people have been selected from these three auditions, thus forming a new dance & vocal group.

As the name of "RAMPAGE (to run amok and do some damage)" suggests, the members of the group are earning their reputation through their over-the-top dance moves on stage. This particular taste in the many forms of HIPHOP is their best asset.

In of March 2016, THE RAMPAGE helf their second Musha Shugyo. With "Get Ready to RAMPAGE", 3 teams toured around a total of 47 prefectures in Japan, in their pursuit of becoming true EXILE TRIBE artists!

Source: https://www.ldh.co.j...an/the_rampage/

The group is now making their major debut on January 25th with the single "Lightning"! Choreography for "Lightning" is by leader/performer LIKIYA.

There's two more MVs to come, so look forward to them!

Covers and Tracklist for "Lightning" here: http://onehallyu.com...vers-tracklists

#2 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

i'll never understand where all these j-pop trainees from so they can make these HUGE groups

#3 The Jany

The Jany

(◍•ᴗ•◍)♡ ✧*。

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

the song is better than most exile tribe groups releases this year

#4 ♥ jae's bae ♥

♥ jae's bae ♥

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

no shade intended but this is incredibly true. 

#5 Dolores Haze

Dolores Haze

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

oh wow interesting.

#6 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

oh wow interesting.

We've got another sibling pair now that THE RAMPAGE is debuting, too. LIKIYA (one of THE RAMPAGE's leaders) is the younger brother of ELLY from JSB.

2056585_201602080703266001454922871c.jpg

CU0_cYAVAAAL80q.jpg

Watch out Shuuka and Karen. :ohla:

#7 Dolores Haze

Dolores Haze

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

We've got another sibling pair now that THE RAMPAGE is debuting, too. LIKIYA (one of THE RAMPAGE's leaders) is the younger brother of ELLY from JSB.

http://contents.oricon.co.jp/upimg/news/...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU0_cYAVAAAL...

Watch out Shuuka and Karen. :ohla:

lol they look cute ShuuKaRen shooktt  :derp:  and what do you mean by 'one of the leaders'? The Rampage has more than 1 leader?

#8 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

lol they look cute ShuuKaRen shooktt  :derp:  and what do you mean by 'one of the leaders'? The Rampage has more than 1 leader?

Two leaders, three vocalists, 16 members all together. LIKIYA is one of the leaders, ZIN is the other.

Sandaime J Soul Brothers has two leaders as well (NAOTO and NAOKI).

#9 hattubel

hattubel

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

true, I hope they don't walk the EDM path 

a side from the hairstyles and teeths, everything else was fine 

Good luck to them!

#10 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,067 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

I'm loving The Rampage. I honestly thought The Second was good but damn this group blew me away.

#11 demasta

demasta

46G & Flower <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

oh nice, I like it

#12 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:50 PM (Edited by lepidoptery, 18 December 2016 - 09:51 PM.)

Two leaders, three vocalists, 16 members all together. LIKIYA is one of the leaders, ZIN is the other.

Sandaime J Soul Brothers has two leaders as well (NAOTO and NAOKI).

I thought this was supposed to be the second Exile Tribe as a whole?  Like I thought there were going to be 3 sub-groups already?  Or is this just the leadership for the overall group (like the E-Girls supergroup leader is not always a leader of one of Dream/Flower/Happiness)?

3 vocalists is a bit slim for 3 subgroups, though... was that just a rumor or did I misunderstand it?

#13 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:16 PM (Edited by Mandilinn, 18 December 2016 - 10:17 PM.)

I thought this was supposed to be the second Exile Tribe as a whole?  Like I thought there were going to be 3 sub-groups already?  Or is this just the leadership for the overall group (like the E-Girls supergroup leader is not always a leader of one of Dream/Flower/Happiness)?

3 vocalists is a bit slim for 3 subgroups, though... was that just a rumor or did I misunderstand it?

Not sure where you got that. Someone must be spreading misinformation. They're one single group, just like JSB or GENE, not a super group. They were separated into three different promo routes for their Musha Shugyo, with different members promoting in different areas, which may be where the idea of 3 separate groups came from, but it's not true.

EXILE TRIBE now consists of EXILE, THE SECOND, 3JSB, GENERATIONS, and THE RAMPAGE.

#14 lepidoptery

lepidoptery

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

Not sure where you got that. Someone must be spreading misinformation. They're one single group, just like JSB or GENE, not a super group. They were separated into three different promo routes for their Musha Shugyo, with different members promoting in different areas, which may be where the idea of 3 separate groups came from, but it's not true.

EXILE TRIBE now consists of EXILE, THE SECOND, 3JSB, GENERATIONS, and THE RAMPAGE.

Ah... it was here, but it was probably just a theory.  So it's just an especially large group like Exile.  I can't really recognize faces, so was the rapping also done by the vocalists or by a performer?

#15 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

Ah... it was here, but it was probably just a theory.  So it's just an especially large group like Exile.  I can't really recognize faces, so was the rapping also done by the vocalists or by a performer?

That would be vocalist Kawamura Kazuma doing those parts. No performers participated in the vocals as far as I know.

Member names are up on the official website: http://the-rampage.jp/

#16 DrkSpphrGT

DrkSpphrGT

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:12 AM

I literally played their mv over and over again. Im just so happy that they actually get to debut unlike rabbits & bunnies. I ♡ The Rampage even more after this. Ive been slayed!!! Now for that other mv and that documentry mv xD

#17 tokpopandbeyond

tokpopandbeyond

Superstar

• Translator
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

#18 (ViΦlett∑Pθp) ©

(ViΦlett∑Pθp) ©

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

I feel like I'm gonna be the odd one out and say that I found the song not all that. The music video + performance is great however, the song isn't memorable at all. I felt this song needed stronger vocals (wasn't' fierce for a Hip hop group.. ), it felt very washed out. The pv felt fierce but the song didn't. Don't wanna start on the rapping. I really wanted to like this as I was anticipating it. 

Hopefully their other two releases will sound better. 

Since they are part of exile tribe, wont they participate in exile tribe songs? If so, that is gonna be some cramped music video.

Would be fun to see GENE and Rampage performing together in the future.  

#19 DocumentaLy

DocumentaLy

Bitchy but accurate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,444 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

I feel like I'm gonna be the odd one out and say that I found the song not all that. The music video + performance is great however, the song isn't memorable at all. I felt this song needed stronger vocals (wasn't' fierce for a Hip hop group.. ), it felt very washed out. The pv felt fierce but the song didn't. Don't wanna start on the rapping. I really wanted to like this as I was anticipating it. 

Hopefully their other two releases will sound better. 

Since they are part of exile tribe, wont they participate in exile tribe songs? If so, that is gonna be some cramped music video.

Would be fun to see GENE and Rampage performing together in the future.  

Another perspective: http://aramajapan.co...ightning/68315/

#20 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

1:18 was just too cringey for me to continue on with the video

Up, Up and Away!