Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Owh btw ask for the sample first to see how it work on you. Skinfood give lots of samples.

I dont have skinfood near me, so i'll have to order online but not sure if i'll get free samples

ok I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot but what's the difference between BHA and AHA? like which would be better for a certain skin type?

^

Chemical peels usually have a much higher acid content and aren't suitable for daily use. If you keep the percentage low and work your way up, you might get to a point where you can use regular chemical exfoliation daily.

ok I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot but what's the difference between BHA and AHA? like which would be better for a certain skin type?

AHAs speed up the exfoliation process. Basically gets rid of dead skin faster. BHAs penetrate the pores and clean them out. If you're dealing with acne, you should probably start with a BHA, although AHAs can help too. Some people use both, but you shouldn't start them both at the same time.

^

Chemical peels usually have a much higher acid content and aren't suitable for daily use. If you keep the percentage low and work your way up, you might get to a point where you can use regular chemical exfoliation daily.

AHAs speed up the exfoliation process. Basically gets rid of dead skin faster. BHAs penetrate the pores and clean them out. If you're dealing with acne, you should probably start with a BHA, although AHAs can help too. Some people use both, but you shouldn't start them both at the same time.

ah ok thank you! do you know any good, cheaper BHA products?

ah ok thank you! do you know any good, cheaper BHA products?

Stridex in the red box.

someone recommended Nonco Tea Tree Emulsion to me and I got it since it's only $8. anyone tried it before?

I don't have bad skin so I don't use much. I rarely get pimples, but to keep my face clear (especially now, since I started taking biotin), I use Humphreys witch hazel. It's really good for getting dirt, etc off the skin. some people say that it makes their skin dry, but my skin is still soft. When I was in middle school and early high school, I used the biore exfoliators/scrubs. I heard that scrubbing the face is isn't good for the skin, so instead I occasionally use masks.  

Stridex has menthol, right? :( So be careful if you're skin is sensitive.
I used to love the Neutrogena 3 in 1 Hydrating Treatment with 2% bha. It is not drying at all and feels soothing on the skin. But good job Neutrogena for discontinuing it >"< Now the most accesible BHA product for me is the Paula's Choice BHA exfoliants, and they're not cheap :(

What are some good laneige products i can try besides the sleeping pack? That are good for the summer ofc

Have you tried the White Renew Original Essence? It's really good! One of my all time favorite products!

• What's your race? Caucasian (mainly)
  • How light or dark is your skin? Stupidly pale, I don't own MAC foundations, but let's just say not even Lancome's Miracle Teint lightest shade is light enough for me. Most of my foundations/bbcreams are from Korea.
  • Oily, dry, combination? I have dry skin
  • Frequent breakouts on the forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, etc? Forehead, rarely on cheeks.
  • Are you using any kind of face makeup regularly? Liquid, powder, concealers? What brand is it? Is it noncomedogenic (Makeup that doesn't clog your pores)? Unfortunately, not all companies will provide that info. I use makeup when I feel like it, but most days I'm bare face.
  • What type of acne do you get? Do you get comedonal, papular, or cystic acne? Some of these are a bit gross, but if you want info, click the spoiler. I get comedonal acne.
  • Clear, almost clear, mild, moderate, or severe? Click the spoiler above for the qualifications. (It's around the end of the page.) I would say clear to mild.
  • Do you eat a lot of salty, sugary, or greasy food a lot? I don't eat much greasy food or salty, but eat plenty of sugary food. :hurr:
  • Do you or have you used any kind of drugs? Alcohol? Cigarettes? Are you on any prescribed medication? Uh no. The only medication I take is Zomig for when I have migraines and that's occasional.
  • Is your skin sensitive or strong? My skin is sensitive.
  • Are you stressed right now? A bit, yeah.
  • How many hours of sleep do you typically get? Around 5~6 hours.
  • For acne scars, do you have ones that are brown/black or ice picks (which is sort of a dent in your skin). I don't really have many acne scars, although I have a few normal scars on my chin and eyebrows.
  • If you're seeking help for acne on your neck, legs, chest, shoulders, back, or whatever say the acne type. I get more acne on my upper back then my face which is really frustrating for me. :rlytearpls:

How do I stop oily skin? No matter what face cream I use my face gets oily later on and it's annoying! Please help :rlytearpls:

How do I stop oily skin? No matter what face cream I use my face gets oily later on and it's annoying! Please help :rlytearpls:

What's your daily routine? I find that using a good face wash and moisturizer really cuts down on oil.

anyone had a professional blackhead extraction before?

anyone had a professional blackhead extraction before?

yes

it hurts it hurts it hurts

also

since I put sunscreen 3+ times a day, my T-zone is oily-ish now. Not gonna change my sunscreen. Gimme suggestions on what to do. 

You can't really stop it, but you can find a good cleanser. Do you put on moisturizer after you cleanse? 

Also, there are blotting sheets you can use throughout the day that won't ruin your makeup.

yes

also

since I put sunscreen 3+ times a day, my T-zone is oily-ish now. Not gonna change my sunscreen. Gimme suggestions on what to do. 

Is your skin combination? I'd recommend using something like BB cream or a moisturizer that has SPF in it. 

You can't really stop it, but you can find a good cleanser. Do you put on moisturizer after you cleanse? 

Also, there are blotting sheets you can use throughout the day that won't ruin your makeup.

Is your skin combination? I'd recommend using something like BB cream or a moisturizer that has SPF in it. 

I already use a bb cream with spf in it

but I work in a day camp and go to the pool everyday

ain't got no time for bb cream

and then I go to social gatherings and there's hot dudes and I look like poop

:rlytearpls:

regarding sunscreens

do you just look at the SPF or do you check if it has the "PA+++" thing. apparently that means maximum protection or something. i haven't really looked into it, someone just told me

i was looking up sunscreens the other day and Shiseido has that PA+++ on their products 

31ZKy6t-AhL.jpg

however when i went to Sephora (i also checked the Bay) the bottles didn't have it. So I didn't buy...

yes

also

Buy spray sunscreens designed for the face. Apply that and blot your face afterwards :D

regarding sunscreens

do you just look at the SPF or do you check if it has the "PA+++" thing. apparently that means maximum protection or something. i haven't really looked into it, someone just told me

i was looking up sunscreens the other day and Shiseido has that PA+++ on their products 

31ZKy6t-AhL.jpg

however when i went to Sephora (i also checked the Bay) the bottles didn't have it. So I didn't buy...

I really wouldn't recommend this sunscreen if you have combination to oily skin. You will literally look like a disco ball within a few hours, especially in summer. I bought this last year for summer, and it clogged my pores terribly so I had to give it to my mom. I would recommend the sunscreen in the blue bottle if you use sunscreen for sports, but my personal fav sunscreen from Shiseido is the urban oil-free one.

I already use a bb cream with spf in it

but I work in a day camp and go to the pool everyday

ain't got no time for bb cream

and then I go to social gatherings and there's hot dudes and I look like poop

:rlytearpls:

Use waterproof sunscreen (although, really, it's just water resistant). You really shouldn't be applying sunscreen that often unless if you have incredibly dry skin. The higher the SPF, the longer it lasts; although, the FDA claims that's a "common misconception". 

Use blotting sheets. 

Edited by Niki

Use waterproof sunscreen (although, really, it's just water resistant). You really shouldn't be applying sunscreen that often unless if you have incredibly dry skin. The higher the SPF, the longer it lasts; although, the FDA claims that's a "common misconception".

Use blotting sheets.

It is waterproof
Spray one from neutrogena for arms/back/legs + an expensive one from my mom's for my face

I put it once at like 6am then at snack time with the kids (to show the example) around 10:30 then again at snack time at 3:30 (pool is at noon)

And I do use blotting sheets

Buy spray sunscreens designed for the face. Apply that and blot your face afterwards :D

I really wouldn't recommend this sunscreen if you have combination to oily skin. You will literally look like a disco ball within a few hours, especially in summer. I bought this last year for summer, and it clogged my pores terribly so I had to give it to my mom. I would recommend the sunscreen in the blue bottle if you use sunscreen for sports, but my personal fav sunscreen from Shiseido is the urban oil-free one.

i only used that pic to show the PA+++ thing. But thanks for your suggestion, i'll def. keep it in mind. 

Would you say that the contents are different if the one online has that PA thing but the ones in-stores doesn't?