Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

My skin has been going crazy so I've gone back to my formula of Black soap and clinique lotion.

Another acne treatment for me - A mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and Bentonite ckay. It really shrinks the zits.

I also tone with Apple Cider Vinegar sometimes.

To be fair, I've been totally neglecting my routine. I've had exams and barely slept at all. I also have honestly neglected to wash my face constantly. When you're studying overnight, just brushing my teeth is all I can muster.

i switched to green tea toner as per someone's suggestion here... and i think it's working  :stare:  my acne spots look lighter now and my face just feels and looks better overall. 

i also started using neostrata spot lightener at the same time so i'm not sure which product is more effective... but less pimples now and when i did have them i didn't get ugly dark blemishes like before

i switched to green tea toner as per someone's suggestion here... and i think it's working  :stare:  my acne spots look lighter now and my face just feels and looks better overall. 

i also started using neostrata spot lightener at the same time so i'm not sure which product is more effective... but less pimples now and when i did have them i didn't get ugly dark blemishes like before

Completely unrelated but your sig is gorgeous :stare:

• Like 1

i switched to green tea toner as per someone's suggestion here... and i think it's working :stare: my acne spots look lighter now and my face just feels and looks better overall.

Aw yayai. i expected nothing when first using green tea toner. i just wanted to tone, that's it. but wow at the results !

I don't know where to post this but I need help, I think I'm balding. Is there anyway to increase my hair volume? eg. food/products.

Edited by iamayam

I don't know where to post this but I need help, I think I'm balding. Is there anyway to increase my hair volume? eg. food/products.

This is the skincare thread, so you'd wanna post this in the hair care thread. I, personally, can't help you with this. You might have to look on the second page of the beauty section because I don't think the OP ever had the hair care thread pinned.

So why did I get negged?

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Try castor oil! ^^ rub it in 5 minutes before you shower or leave it on as an overnight mask

Aw yayai. i expected nothing when first using green tea toner. i just wanted to tone, that's it. but wow at the results !

idk maybe it's just placebo? but i did notice my blemishes getting lighter i swear.

idk maybe it's just placebo? but i did notice my blemishes getting lighter i swear.

no, not at all, because my blemishes are almost gone as well

Does anyone know any good and cheap sunscreens that don't make your face and body oily and have high spf?

Edited by jeonjihyunfan

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

damn, it's kinda expensive lol

ahh I did not know the price, but look for shiseido or kanebo's sub-brands they can be cheaper 

Everytime I shave my legs (and even armpits) get really irritated and with red spots :/ They also get super itchy. I don't really want to start waxing/using creams so any product recommendations would be great.

Everytime I shave my legs (and even armpits) get really irritated and with red spots :/ They also get super itchy. I don't really want to start waxing/using creams so any product recommendations would be great.

I heard Skintimate's shaving creams are pretty good. 

I heard Skintimate's shaving creams are pretty good. 

Thanks! Will see if they are available at the superstore. 

ahh I did not know the price, but look for shiseido or kanebo's sub-brands they can be cheaper 

ah okay, thanks :)

what are the sub brands?

ah okay, thanks :)

what are the sub brands?

I will come back and post I can't remember right now but they are available online.

shu-antioxi-9429.jpg

I want to write a short review on Shu Uemura anti/oxi cleansing oil. It can be use as makeup remover and face cleanser at the same time. This is like the best cleanser i have ever use and it is an oil lol. I know sometime oil is bad for skin especially oily skin, and i have oily skin but this product did wonders on my skin. I have use it less than a week and my skin has become smoother than ever plus my pores does get a touch smaller than before. Besides, from i read online, cleansing oil, a good one is really good to your skin as long as you are not sensitive to it. It didn't strip the natural oil on your face and didn't dry out your skin either. So its perfect for my oily skin.

Can someone recommend a good exfoliating scrub for the face?

I currently use the St.Ives apricot scrub, and I want to change to another one because I heard the St.Ives one isn't good for you  :cry:

I just had a huge ass pimple on my nose - and this product called Dalacin T works like a magic killing it off within less than 2 days of usage.

Life saviour tbh.

:stare:

[spoiler]
[center]Skin - Combination

Results - Almost Clear (less than 2 days of usage)[/center]

[/spoiler]

DSC_0025.jpg

Edited by Exzime.

I have sensitive skin, and only tend to break out during menstruation cycles or if i was my face.

I usually will use neutrogena or cetaphil though, when i've worn a lot of makeup, those are the only ones that don't break me out.

I currently use the St.Ives apricot scrub, and I want to change to another one because I heard the St.Ives one isn't good for you  :cry:

Chemical exfoliation is better for most people. Physical exfoliation shouldn't be done more than once a week, but if you prefer it, you can make your own with sugar and honey.

The St. Ives is bad for you because it causes micro-tears in the skin, which bacteria can get into.

Edited by laxjiyongfany

You can always try stridex :D

If you're really set on physical exfoliation, try to fine one with round beads!