Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

hey you guys! Thinking of giving Tatcha a shot. I have combination skin, but not really acne prone I'll get one about every 2 weeks, but that's it. I want skin that gloooooooooows. but I also want it moisturized. Would you suggest this brand?

I've known about innisfree for 10 years but never bothered to try it. Saw a store in my mall recently and decided to try some makeup and skincare and it's sooooo good. Why have waited this long to try it?!

On 9/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, Bekki said:

I’ve always just accepted the fact I’ll never wear backless dresses or feel completely confident about my back (I’ve been quite lucky and never really suffered from spots on my face, if I get stressed they would only appear on my back for some reason). Anyway, I was reading a trashy celeb magazine and some actress swore that Micellar oil and water pretty much cleared her back up and it’s still something she swears by today. So I thought “ehh I guess it’s worth a shot” since it wasn’t THAT expensive. Turns out she was spot on, I am shocked at the difference after only a couple of uses 😭 😭

Might be able to wear a cute backless dress for Christmas if this keeps up whew 

i dont have spot but i have some scars and would like to try this. what product is it and how did you get it to reach your back? 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:18 PM, EasySteezy said:

hey you guys! Thinking of giving Tatcha a shot. I have combination skin, but not really acne prone I'll get one about every 2 weeks, but that's it. I want skin that gloooooooooows. but I also want it moisturized. Would you suggest this brand?

idk i thought i would love tatcha but a few of their products made my skin extremely oily hours later. get some samples first. 

@kestires i take multi vitamin gummies daily but i don't take them for my skin. i do take vitamin k pills though and i def think they got rid of dark under eyes. i tried biotin once and it made my skin irritated. i think you should invest into skincare, thats what makes my skin look good. korean skincare if you can, its the best.

Edited by Pleasure

skin type: acne-prone, combination

complexion: fair/light beige undertone 

i gave up on foaming cleansers. they do not work for me. they make my face feel "clean" after a wash but they don't really remove anything! after i started using cleansing oil + the krave matcha hemp hydrating cleanser, i saw significant improvements. i only get a pimple or two when i am nearing my period (but they're much easier to treat now) and my skin feels so much softer and supple. the cleanser makes your skin feel moisturized and the ingredients help kill acne and lighten scars. also very very very safe. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

and this saved me too:

spacer.png

i use the orange one (because the green is always out of stock where i'm from) and it's soooooo great. it's a moisturizer with spf 30 AND has a tint to it so it actually covers (light) acne scars like a foundation (!!!) but it doesn't clog pores. my face cleared up after i stopped using foaming cleansers so i don't really need to apply foundation/concealer. i just put this on and i'm DONE. i think the downside of this product is the price, but it's actually one of the expensive products that DO work. the waso line in general is really good, from the products themselves down to the packaging.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, Pleasure said:

idk i thought i would love tatcha but a few of their products made my skin extremely oily hours later. get some samples first. 

@kestires i take multi vitamin gummies daily but i don't take them for my skin. i do take vitamin k pills though and i def think they got rid of dark under eyes. i tried biotin once and it made my skin irritated. i think you should invest into skincare, thats what makes my skin look good. korean skincare if you can, its the best.

What brands would you suggest then?

can someone recommend me an oil cleanser for acne/blackhead. I live in France. 

10 hours ago, Hjjh said:

can someone recommend me an oil cleanser for acne/blackhead. I live in France. 

I don't have a particular brand in mind, but I think hemp seed oil is helpful for those with acne-prone skin. It's non-comedogenic, so it should not cause breakouts or clogged pores. Of course, you should still  patch test new products that you will be using on your face since your skin might react negatively to it. After cleansing your face, you could look into buying a product with BHA in it. BHA will also help tackle your acne and blackhead concerns. Hope this helps!

• Love 1

Can I combined The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspencion 10% together with Salicylic Acid 2% Solution and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%?

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Targets Dullness, Uneven Tone, Textural Irregularities, Antioxidant Support
Format Suspension
Regimen Step After Water-Based Serums
Conflicts Do not combine with other strong acids, EUK 134 0.1% or Peptides.
Time of Use Ideally PM

Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

Targets Lackluster Tone, Appearance of Blemishes
Format Water-Based Serum
Regimen Step After cleansing, before creams
Time of Use AM and PM

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Targets Regulates Sebum, Minimizes Pores
Format Water-Based Serum
Regimen Step Before Oils/Creams
Conflicts Pure Vitamin C (ELAA/LAA)
Time of Use AM and PM
Edited by Ocean Waves

On 11/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, Pleasure said:

i do take vitamin k pills though and i def think they got rid of dark under eyes.

Really? 😲

On 12/22/2019 at 3:33 AM, Ocean Waves said:

Can I combined The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspencion 10% together with Salicylic Acid 2% Solution and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%?

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Targets Dullness, Uneven Tone, Textural Irregularities, Antioxidant Support
Format Suspension
Regimen Step After Water-Based Serums
Time of Use Ideally PM

Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

Targets Lackluster Tone, Appearance of Blemishes
Format Water-Based Serum
Regimen Step After cleansing, before creams
Time of Use AM and PM

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Targets Regulates Sebum, Minimizes Pores
Format Water-Based Serum
Regimen Step Before Oils/Creams
Conflicts Pure Vitamin C (ELAA/LAA)
Time of Use AM and PM

It's too much on your skin and it will only irate your skin 

Is this your first time using acids? 

I bought the Tony Moly chok chok green tea watery cream and it's so freaking drying? I tried the gel version and it's not very moisturizing either. Also it's only 60ml of product(sooo little despite the bottle made to look deceptively bigger). I applied a lot of it too and even tried reapplying more. My skin type is oily too.

Posted (edited)

So I need some help:

Skin type: Oil

Race: Black 

Skin tone: Brown

Break out on face & back

18 years old

I'm planning on using Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit face wash or regular one. Should I? What moisturizers can use after?

Edited by fullofjoy