OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

just gotta update y'all on the VERSO acne wash - it's INCREDIBLE

i can't recommend it enough, it's sensational!!!!!!! expensive af but worth every penny. never in my life have i encountered an acne wash that was THIS EFFECTIVE yet mild enough not to irritate my sensitive skin. in fact, IT CALMS IT DOWN. UNBELIEVABLE. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5654395

just gotta update y'all on the VERSO acne wash - it's INCREDIBLE

i can't recommend it enough, it's sensational!!!!!!! expensive af but worth every penny. never in my life have i encountered an acne wash that was THIS EFFECTIVE yet mild enough not to irritate my sensitive skin. in fact, IT CALMS IT DOWN. UNBELIEVABLE. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5654395

Do they have it for every type of skin?

I can only recommend Lush's rose and lavendel water toner! I always use it after I remove my make up and it really helps to cleanse your skin and removes dust, pollution and makeup residue.

It also hydrates your skin and smells really good.

02813_2.jpg

Do they have it for every type of skin?

specifically for acne, but other types of skin like combination/oily/dry etc? or do you mean other washes for other purposes? 

Number 1

it works for acne prone complexions, that's all i know from research and i'm not sure if it's suitable for other skin types. i have sensitive and combination skin personally, and it suits me bc i require the calming qualities of it. looking at the ingredients list however, i'd say it's probably not ideal for very dry skin. 

edit: oh and no there's only one variety of the product

Edited by katsu • curry • chips

I can only recommend Lush's rose and lavendel water toner! I always use it after I remove my make up and it really helps to cleanse your skin and removes dust, pollution and makeup residue.

It also hydrates your skin and smells really good.

02813_2.jpg

it's so highly rated everywhere too! price is nice smile.png one of my toners, a kahina one, is also spray bottle. wonder if that'll be more and more common considering that cotton balls are actually unnecessary for toner - it's much better to just pour a little in your hands and apply it straight to the skin. of course you waste a bit when you do that... so spray makes sense

it works for acne prone complexions, that's all i know from research and i'm not sure if it's suitable for other skin types. i have sensitive and combination skin personally, and it suits me bc i require the calming qualities of it. looking at the ingredients list however, i'd say it's probably not ideal for very dry skin. 

edit: oh and no there's only one variety of the product

Sigh, so I probably can't use tsk

Thank uuuu

my skin is a DISASTER RIGHT NOW

bought this today, hoping for a miracle...

pim-243-741-product-2012041-smallimage.j

Anybody here tried Typology skincare products? I'm particularly interested in some of their Serums, but I don't quite know what to expect here.

i have a hand creme from them! i have no experience of their other products but so far i like it :)

i have a hand creme from them! i have no experience of their other products but so far i like it smile.png

Yeah I heard good stuff about it and will probably try their serums soon. Particularly the Hyualuronic & niacinamide ones for the face (for me), and the caffeine+niacinamide one for the eye (for me and my partner). I'll see how it goes from there!

Also checked Verso's stuff, brand looks nice but is H E L L A pricey, oof!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my Typology order, we ended up ordering 4 serums (one eye serum against dark circles & bags, 3 face serums for imperfections, redness & hydration) and also a face cream. 2 serums are all for me (hydration and redness ones), though I'll also try the eye serum and face cream out, probably.

hphqgGK.jpg

Also, being on the constant lookout for any product that could help with redness and rosacea, I found out that Kiehl's sells a Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate that looks absolutely perfect for my type of skin, but they only sell it in the US and not in France so I'm super frustrated at not being able to get my hands on it.

1OKtKUA.jpg

I'm currently trying to bug Kiehl's France about it, but if I get tired of waiting, guess I'll just order it on Ebay tbh.

Edited by Delphine
just bought the etude house wonder pore cleanser, astringent, and balancing cream..i've heard decent reviews and i had a gift card so why not lmao. for a while i've been sticking to cetaphil but we'll see how this routine goes
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received my Typology order, we ended up ordering 4 serums (one eye serum against dark circles & bags, 3 face serums for imperfections, redness & hydration) and also a face cream. 2 serums are all for me (hydration and redness ones), though I'll also try the eye serum and face cream out, probably.

hphqgGK.jpg

Also, being on the constant lookout for any product that could help with redness and rosacea, I found out that Kiehl's sells a Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate that looks absolutely perfect for my type of skin, but they only sell it in the US and not in France so I'm super frustrated at not being able to get my hands on it.

1OKtKUA.jpg

I'm currently trying to bug Kiehl's France about it, but if I get tired of waiting, guess I'll just order it on Ebay tbh.

Would you recommend the anti redness serum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendation for a hydrating toner?

Aromatica have some great ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

just bought the etude house wonder pore cleanser, astringent, and balancing cream..i've heard decent reviews and i had a gift card so why not lmao. for a while i've been sticking to cetaphil but we'll see how this routine goes

update: i'm loving the formula! makes my skin super soft :)

I get mild breakouts when I use a cleansing/make up removing sheet and don't double cleanse or at least rinse with water afterwards. Does this happen to anyone else?

ME, i have super sensitive skin and cleansing cloths or whatever they're called are way too harsh for me. usually a lot of alcohol that irritates my skin and triggers breakouts. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

this is what impulse online shopping gets me:

Jeju cherry blossom cream set

i'm excited to see how this set performs.  i love cherry blossom products usually (for the color as well lol) so we'll see if these ones make a difference on my skin

also: have any of you tried the cleansing balm from ponds?  it seems super affordable but i'm curious how other people would rate it compared to more high-end products

Edited by lovesojung

I’ve always just accepted the fact I’ll never wear backless dresses or feel completely confident about my back (I’ve been quite lucky and never really suffered from spots on my face, if I get stressed they would only appear on my back for some reason). Anyway, I was reading a trashy celeb magazine and some actress swore that Micellar oil and water pretty much cleared her back up and it’s still something she swears by today. So I thought “ehh I guess it’s worth a shot” since it wasn’t THAT expensive. Turns out she was spot on, I am shocked at the difference after only a couple of uses 😭 😭

Might be able to wear a cute backless dress for Christmas if this keeps up whew 

• Like 1

A bit of a copy-pasta from another forum, but I thought I'd share it here as well, an updated version of my skin care routine.

I have a very white-as-hell sensitive dry skin prone to redness and couperose/rosacea (basically a redhead's skin), so here's my skincare routine:

Cleanser:
- Melvita Organic Micellar Water Floral Bouquet (main cleanser, used every time I need to take makeup off)
- Too Cool For School Egg-zyme Whipped Foam (used whenever my skin needs exfoliating, around once a week if not two weeks)
- Typology Micellar Water 7 Ingredients (haven't used it yet, will see if it'll replace Melvita's or not, curious to test it out)

Toner:
- Too Cool For School Eggsential Fluid Balance Toner (main toner, using it everyday)
- Sanoflore Aqua Rosa (used rarely but when I really want that hydration)
- Sanoflore Aqua Magnifica (used rarely when the skin needs cleaning)

Serum:
- Sanoflore's Rosa Angelica Morning Rehydrating Concentrate Rose Serum (main serum, using it very often)
- Typology Hyaluronic Acid (often used in place of the main one, doubled with the following one)
- Typology Niacinamide (often used along the Hyaluronic acid one, when I feel my skin is too red)
- Typology Caffeine + Niacinamide (eye serum used almost everyday)

Cream:
- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Rich Blackcurrant Plumping Moisturiser (main cream used in the morning)
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (main cream usually used before sleep)
- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Baume De Rosée Hyaluronic Acid 48hr Rehydrating Night Balm (I know it's a night cream, but I will use it during the day if the weather is cold and harsh, so it often is my main cream during the Winter)
- Caudalie Vine[Activ] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream (main eye cream, using it every day)

Lip Balm:
- Nuxe Ultra nourishing Lip Balm Rêve de Miel (used every night before sleeping, and also during the day in the Winter with harsh & cold weather)
- Caudalie Lip Conditioner (used every time I feel like it during the day, meaning quite often)

Sleeping Mask/Night Oil:
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Oil
- Tony Moly Panda's Dream White Sleeping Pack
- Etude House Bubble Tea Sleeping Pack (Strawberry and Green Tea ones)

CC Cream:
- Erborian CC Red Correct (if my redness is still too annoying despite the serums, this is my savior, using this as both a skin care & a foundation - SPF 25)
- Erborian Pink Perfect (used when my redness is alright, as a quick finish of all my routine, only adding eye & lip makeup most of the times)

So... Yeah I think that's it. My routine almost always include toner + serum + skin cream + eye cream, and finish with a CC Cream, unless I go full foundation for a night out. I included those because they're on the fringe of skin care & makeup to me. For sleeping masks/night oil, I alternate which one I use based on the mood of the moment, and on my skin's needs as well. I also don't always use a cleanser, especially when I start my routine right out of the shower, I would just skip it altogether and jump right to the toner part.

Basically, my routine is full of French products, with some Korean products and the occasional American products. I wished I could include more Korean skincare products into my routine, because they're really good, and their skincare industry is pretty much one of the best in the entire world right now, but I also have a lot of fondness for a lot of French products that I have been using for a long time and have been effective and that my reactive sensitive skin didn't have any problem with. A lot of what I use is also organic, I try to use organic products as much as possible. But yet the main theme here is: hydration, a LOT of it!

• Like 2