OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

i've plugged this group a while ago but in case you haven't seen it and are interested to join, we have an OH makeup, skincare and overall beauty related group chat on line! reply me if you'd like to join and i'll send you an invite.

ME!! I'D LOVE TO!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

i've plugged this group a while ago but in case you haven't seen it and are interested to join, we have an OH makeup, skincare and overall beauty related group chat on line! reply me if you'd like to join and i'll send you an invite.

Me too!

your fav niacinamide containing products? someone here mentioned it and it got me thinking. it's not really the miracle formula some sources claim but it does A LOT for those of us with sensitive skin, esp since hydration is a must. 

mine are

skin-regimen-microalgae-essence_b773f9de

and 

Aromatica-Rose-Absolute-First-Serum-1.jp

Someone can help me?

I have 3 problems and a few question meowfaceplz.png

First of all.. I wash my face with foam, then apply toner, then serum, then cream... but how many mins should i wait before applying the other? And what about sheet masks? What should i do before and after applying a sheet mask? Should I wash my face again and after applying, should i apply a cream or just wash again?

2nd question... Right now I have 3 probs. 2 of them:

1.Pores

2.Skin colour

Normally my skin is white but last year I tanned a lot. Now my skin colour is a bit weird, kinda yellowish/tanned. I want to have my old skin colour back but I have pore problem at the same time.

So, I have products for both probs but how should I use them? As I know, it wont work if I apply both products in the same day, right?

Thanks in advance! xx

hm.. depends on the formula. what are you using? 

in case anyone wants to spend even more money on SK-II facial essence lmao

looks cool tho. part of their promo for SK-II wonderland 

• 5 weeks later...

new fav face mask:

ver014_verso_intensemaskx4_1_1560x1960-b

this one is bonkers great

• 2 weeks later...

can someone recommend me a good moisturizer that is hydrating. I live in Canada and the weather right now is -20 with whiplash wind lol. I have tried belief water bomb, fab moisturizer, Clinique, Kiehls. Looking for something without fragrance!! 

can someone recommend me a good moisturizer that is hydrating. I live in Canada and the weather right now is -20 with whiplash wind lol. I have tried belief water bomb, fab moisturizer, Clinique, Kiehls. Looking for something without fragrance!! 

what's your budget? and some specs on your skin like is it combination/dry/etc? what are your pores like? do you have acne and is it hormonal or no? texture? :)

what's your budget? and some specs on your skin like is it combination/dry/etc? what are your pores like? do you have acne and is it hormonal or no? texture? smile.png

Hi! thanks for your reply. I am normal to dry skin. Pores are pretty minimized. hormonal acne on the chin. and I do have a bit of texture on my cheeks! 

My budget it around 50 dollars for a hydrating moisturizer. 

Hi! thanks for your reply. I am normal to dry skin. Pores are pretty minimized. hormonal acne on the chin. and I do have a bit of texture on my cheeks! 

My budget it around 50 dollars for a hydrating moisturizer. 

awesome! i'll think about this one hmmm... 

but a few that spring to mind rn are...

ea3740d10f26cfec506ac9e303ba0db0.jpg1e5306a562cc447b2fe20cea7ba53564.jpg8245b6b0bba7776a56d1f09019b5d5cb.jpg1d2140a08115043079c2a5829c547b44.jpgd3d8776704b16e7cea5fdd8358e548d3.jpg

awesome! i'll think about this one hmmm... 

but a few that spring to mind rn are...

ea3740d10f26cfec506ac9e303ba0db0.jpg1e5306a562cc447b2fe20cea7ba53564.jpg8245b6b0bba7776a56d1f09019b5d5cb.jpg1d2140a08115043079c2a5829c547b44.jpg!d3d8776704b16e7cea5fdd8358e548d3.jpg

wow thank you so much!! I've heard some good things about caudalie and I am super interested in your first and last suggestion! will def go search them out!!! thank you.

wow thank you so much!! I've heard some good things about caudalie and I am super interested in your first and last suggestion! will def go search them out!!! thank you.

You’re welcome!! Glad I could help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i should get an award for not popping this BIG ASS PIMPLE i have on my chin right now....

trying this out 

pim-276-861-product-2012061-smallimage.j

hoping for a miracle circa instantly........

i should get an award for not popping this BIG ASS PIMPLE i have on my chin right now....

trying this out 

pim-276-861-product-2012061-smallimage.j

hoping for a miracle circa instantly........

an update:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT THIS SHIT IS POWERFUL

SERIOUSLY if you have the budget for this and have occasional big-time pimples, this is serious business and it works like a motherfuuuuuuuuu

verso in general is power magic punch in very small very expensive packaging. but man... the blemish fix... wow

Hi~

Does anyone have any tips on how to treat combined skin? The area under my eyes gets dry really easily and so do some parts of my nose - including the area around my nose. But my forehead is quite oily in comparison (I usually get spots on my forehand instead of my face). I’ve been doing some research on it but I feel kind of confused (I’m noob when it comes to skin care). So does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it?

Do hydrocolloid face masks exist? Not patches, full face mask. If they do, where can I get some?

i don't think they do right now. i see a lot of people expressing desire for it but it would kinda contradict their purpose. they're not a miracle product, in fact there's no exact evidence proving their effectiveness over other types of wound dressings. HOWEVER, i'm sure it'll be developed soon - perhaps it is being developed by companies likes COSRX this very minute! it would shock me if they didn't take advantage, seeing as the acne beauty product industry is a 4.9 billion cash cow with a projected revenue growth of 7 billion by 2025... can't say i wouldn't try it if it came out! :) 

Hi~

Does anyone have any tips on how to treat combined skin? The area under my eyes gets dry really easily and so do some parts of my nose - including the area around my nose. But my forehead is quite oily in comparison (I usually get spots on my forehand instead of my face). I’ve been doing some research on it but I feel kind of confused (I’m noob when it comes to skin care). So does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it?

the dry patches is probably stress, your oily forehead is most likely due to this too.

how's your sleep pattern? stress related acne is usually related to poor or interrupted sleep, since few things stress the body out as much as that. also think about not touching your forehead - the average person touches their face hundreds of times a day and you can imagine what that does to skin... 

the keyword here is oil. strangely enough, the excessive production of oil is most likely linked to the same causes as the dry patches. that is, a lack of moisture caused by stressors. however, imbalances in the skin starts with your lifestyle, but of course you need good products too. 

try a salicylic acid wash for your face

0e5c0b8497a87efdbd3269df8a0b539c.jpg

combined with a light but deeply moisturising moisturiser like

e1b5e0b6796da0a8378798366989244a.jpg

and then def a serum for some extra moisture punch!

like one with hyaluronic acid

bfe01c9e4b9b503fd99c4bbf29a28ec3.jpg

• Like 1

the dry patches is probably stress, your oily forehead is most likely due to this too.

how's your sleep pattern? stress related acne is usually related to poor or interrupted sleep, since few things stress the body out as much as that. also think about not touching your forehead - the average person touches their face hundreds of times a day and you can imagine what that does to skin... 

the keyword here is oil. strangely enough, the excessive production of oil is most likely linked to the same causes as the dry patches. that is, a lack of moisture caused by stressors. however, imbalances in the skin starts with your lifestyle, but of course you need good products too. 

try a salicylic acid wash for your face

0e5c0b8497a87efdbd3269df8a0b539c.jpg

combined with a light but deeply moisturising moisturiser like

e1b5e0b6796da0a8378798366989244a.jpg

and then def a serum for some extra moisture punch!

like one with hyaluronic acid

bfe01c9e4b9b503fd99c4bbf29a28ec3.jpg

Thank you!

My sleep pattern has been a mess lately. I find it hard to sleep at night (I sleep quite late but even when I feel really tired I can’t get any shuteye. I have to force myself to try and sleep. I’m a light sleeper, so when ever I hear a noise my sleep easily gets disturbed). I try not to touch my forehead but sometimes I just can’t help it.

Thank you!

My sleep pattern has been a mess lately. I find it hard to sleep at night (I sleep quite late but even when I feel really tired I can’t get any shuteye. I have to force myself to try and sleep. I’m a light sleeper, so when ever I hear a noise my sleep easily gets disturbed). I try not to touch my forehead but sometimes I just can’t help it.

you're very welcome!!! glad to help. it's a constant learning process for all of us (i struggle with pimples and combination skin too) but the fact that you're researching is such a big step in the right direction - we need to be much more educated about our skin. :)

• Like 1

Experimenting a bit around my skin care regimen, these days it's:

Toner:

- Too Cool For School Eggsential Fluid Balance Toner

- Khiel's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

Serum:

- Sanoflore's Rosa Angelica Morning Rehydrating Concentrate Rose Serum

- Lierac Magnificence Red Serum

Face Cream:

- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Baume De Rosée Hyaluronic Acid 48hr Rehydrating Night Balm

- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Rich Blackcurrant Plumping Moisturiser

(I know the 1st one is a night cream, but I use it as a day cream whenever my face is thirsty as hell because it's been doing wonders to my skin, especially during Winter!)

Eye Cream:

- Caudalie Vine[Activ] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream

- Too Cool For School All-In-One Egg Mellow Cream Firming Moisturizer

Night Oil:

Khiel's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

I can also use on occasion as a cleanser/toner Lotion:

- Sanoflore Aqua Rosa

- Sanoflore Aqua Magnifica

(the magnifica one is mainly used by my partner though, but like using it when I see a breakout happen, or when I feel I need it after removing makeup).

Also, my partner's aunt is a pharmacist, so she always gives us samples to test (on top of products, we lucky!), and the ones I'm testing atm are:

- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Mattifying Fluid

- Sanoflore Crème Des Reines Rich Royal Jelly Skin-Perfecting Moisturiser

- L'Occitane Immortelle Cream Mask

- Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil

Basically my favorite skin-care products at moment are Sanoflore & Caudalie, for sure. I'm interested in good Korean brands though, and so far Too Cool For School's products have really made their case (hence why I bought them again), and I also have night masks from Tony Moly & Etude House that are super good as well, but somehow I usually never buy anything else than night/face masks in Korean brands. Maybe because I'm just too hooked on Sanoflore & Caudalie, ngl :'D

Edited by Delphine

Experimenting a bit around my skin care regimen, these days it's:

Toner:

- Too Cool For School Eggsential Fluid Balance Toner

- Khiel's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner

Serum:

- Sanoflore's Rosa Angelica Morning Rehydrating Concentrate Rose Serum

- Lierac Magnificence Red Serum

Face Cream:

- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Baume De Rosée Hyaluronic Acid 48hr Rehydrating Night Balm

- Sanoflore Rosa Angelica Rich Blackcurrant Plumping Moisturiser

(I know the 1st one is a night cream, but I use it as a day cream whenever my face is thirsty as hell because it's been doing wonders to my skin, especially during Winter!)

Eye Cream:

- Caudalie Vine[Activ] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream

- Too Cool For School All-In-One Egg Mellow Cream Firming Moisturizer

Night Oil:

Khiel's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

I can also use on occasion as a cleanser/toner Lotion:

- Sanoflore Aqua Rosa

- Sanoflore Aqua Magnifica

(the magnifica one is mainly used by my partner though, but like using it when I see a breakout happen, or when I feel I need it after removing makeup).

Also, my partner's aunt is a pharmacist, so she always gives us samples to test (on top of products, we lucky!), and the ones I'm testing atm are:

- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Mattifying Fluid

- Sanoflore Crème Des Reines Rich Royal Jelly Skin-Perfecting Moisturiser

- L'Occitane Immortelle Cream Mask

- Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil

Basically my favorite skin-care products at moment are Sanoflore & Caudalie, for sure. I'm interested in good Korean brands though, and so far Too Cool For School's products have really made their case (hence why I bought them again), and I also have night masks from Tony Moly & Etude House that are super good as well, but somehow I usually never buy anything else than night/face masks in Korean brands. Maybe because I'm just too hooked on Sanoflore & Caudalie, ngl :'D

haven't heard of sanoflore so you've officially  introduced me to something new! 

too cool for school is my fav mask brand actually, i love them so much. 

my routine is a lil all over the place right now esp bc i've been so sick... and i'm trying to find that new routine i guess. it's taking some experimenting which in itself isn't the best thing. 

morning: double wash is key - kahina oil cleanser + verso acne wash 

aromatica sea daffodil toner 

comfort zone micellar water 

comfort zone sensitive skin serum + comfort zone sunscreen + verso day cream 

kahina prickly pear oil eye roller 

night: double wash again

comfort zone acne toner if i'm breaking out 

comfort zone sensitive skin fluid

Edited by katsu • curry • chips

haven't heard of sanoflore so you've officially  introduced me to something new! 

too cool for school is my fav mask brand actually, i love them so much. 

my routine is a lil all over the place right now esp bc i've been so sick... and i'm trying to find that new routine i guess. it's taking some experimenting which in itself isn't the best thing. 

morning: double wash is key - kahina oil cleanser + verso acne wash 

aromatica sea daffodil toner 

comfort zone sensitive skin serum + comfort zone sunscreen + verso day cream 

night: double wash again

comfort zone acne toner if i'm breaking out 

comfort zone sensitive skin fluid

I wonder if I need to wash that much too tbh. Are you doing that because you have a skin that breaks out easily? I know mine to be hella dry and prone to rosacea, but apart from that, I don't know if I need to wash it a lot if I'm not in breakout mode (which I'm not most of the time, they get rare).

Also Sanoflore is a French organic brand owned by L'Oréal, that, I guess, is still pretty localized at the moment, much like Caudalie was until they started to open shops around the world a few years ago! (btw I live not very far from Caudalie's birthplace "Les Sources de Caudalie", and some of my friends even went to their spa resort and told me the world of it, I'll need to try that out at some point!) I quite like Sanoflore, their products are really good, effective, totally organic, smells amazing and are beautiful. In the same ballpark you also have Nuxe, another organic French brand, they produce a dry oil (Huile Prodigieuse) that kinda is extremely popular, but I'm not as fond of them as I am of the other two.

Also your post is literally making me discover brands I had no idea existed before. I suppose they're US brands? We need to get out of our way to buy them here, I think! (much like for Korean skincare products tbh, even though they really democratized and you now can find a shelf containing most prominent ones in every Sephora out there).

I also have lots of Erborian samples to test, so I suppose I might end up buying Erborian products if I like what I see!

Edited by Delphine

I wonder if I need to wash that much too tbh. Are you doing that because you have a skin that breaks out easily? I know mine to be hella dry and prone to rosacea, but apart from that, I don't know if I need to wash it a lot if I'm not in breakout mode (which I'm not most of the time, they get rare).

Also Sanoflore is a French organic brand owned by L'Oréal, that, I guess, is still pretty localized at the moment, much like Caudalie was until they started to open shops around the world a few years ago! (btw I live not very far from Caudalie's birthplace "Les Sources de Caudalie", and some of my friends even went to their spa resort and told me the world of it, I'll need to try that out at some point!) I quite like Sanoflore, their products are really good, effective, totally organic, smells amazing and are beautiful. In the same ballpark you also have Nuxe, another organic French brand, they produce a dry oil (Huile Prodigieuse) that kinda is extremely popular, but I'm not as fond of them as I am of the other two.

Also your post is literally making me discover brand I had no idea existed before. I suppose their US brands? We need to get our of our way to buy them here, I think! (much like for Korean skincare products tbh, even though they really democratized and you now can find a shelf containing most prominent ones in every Sephora out there).

I also have lots of Erborian samples to test, so I suppose I might end up buying Erborian products if I like what I see!

ah yes i love claudalie! i remember my aunts used to use it a lot and my cousins in the know would bring it back from paris or geneva. it is very much part of that *french pharmacy secret* that's been popularised more widely in recent years. imagine my surprise and joy when i discovered their store in nyc, in the west village! and then it started selling in sephora's globally.  

i NEED to visit their spa too!!! i've heard great things~ and i'm a bit of a spa addict tbh. 

ACTUALLY! aromatica is korean, verso is swedish, comfort zone is italian (another spa brand actually - very in the know but absolutely amazing...), only kahina is american. 

the double wash is mainly to calm my skin a bit and oddly to remoisturise it: i have very dry to combination skin, and i easily break out. so the acne wash takes care of my foremost area of concern, mainly pores, then the oil both helps to remove excessive oil and calms the skin by leaving it slightly moisturised. idk but for me it really works! right now i live in central europe where the air is fantastic, but when i'm in nyc or asia it helps de-stress and keep the pollution impact in check :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm considering changing my sunscreen again... looking at this one:

ve_sun.png

anyone's got experience with this product?