Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Meh. Running out of options. Graduation's coming in three weeks and my acne still has not cleared. I mostly get them around the cheek area. So far, the severity fluxes from moderate to downright nasty. I bought Panoxyl foaming wash with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide a week ago and so far, my acne has remained stagnant, with one or two pimples appearing on my neck :cry:  I also bought the Neutrogena Naturals Pore Scrub, Night Cream, and Moisturizer but I stopped using them because it seemed that they were not helping either and I feared was making my condition worse. Dunno what to do but wear a mask with my bias's face on it when I accept my diploma. Halllpppppppp :horror:

looks like cheese :lol:

by the way, did you know that enprani has a bouncy cheese cream?

i die lol

who would buy that

Hahaha yeah I saw that and I know, like unless you wanna be a pizza then don't put cheese on your face. I actually heard mixed reviews about it too, some people say it moisturizes but most people say that it kinda pills off throughout the day....... :unsure:

Meh. Running out of options. Graduation's coming in three weeks and my acne still has not cleared. I mostly get them around the cheek area. So far, the severity fluxes from moderate to downright nasty. I bought Panoxyl foaming wash with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide a week ago and so far, my acne has remained stagnant, with one or two pimples appearing on my neck :cry:  I also bought the Neutrogena Naturals Pore Scrub, Night Cream, and Moisturizer but I stopped using them because it seemed that they were not helping either and I feared was making my condition worse. Dunno what to do but wear a mask with my bias's face on it when I accept my diploma. Halllpppppppp :horror:

First for these 3 weeks, do NOT touch any fried or greasy foods, drink at least 8 glasses of either water or green tea a day to help flush out the toxins in your body. STOP using all of those harsh cleansers on your face, wash your face only at night and in the morning just splash some water on your face and maybe use a toner if you have on in the morning. If you have a lot of big pimples on your face then I suggest you not to use the scrubs for now because that might irritate your pimples more. 

If you are able to, I suggest buying some Asian paper masks to help soothe and provide more nutrients to your skin. 

106828406001n.jpgThese masks are really nice, they might sting a little when you first use them but your pimples will decrease in size and the redness will be decreased as well after just one use.

If you are not able to get masks then this might help, wash your face with your cleanser. Pat it dry, put 5 green tea bags in a bowl and pour boiling hot water over it. Wait 10 minutes and take the tea bags out of the bowl, take one of the tea bags and tear it open and using the crushed tea leaves from the bags and maybe some honey mix it together and apply it to your face, while GENTLY scrubbing your face. Leave the mixture on your face for 5-10 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. THEN using the green tea from earlier splash your face like the tea. Using patting motions wash/rinse your face with the tea, do this gently. Afterwards do not use water to wash the tea off your face, instead pat your face dry this way your skin can absorb all the nutrients from the green tea. Then moisturize with aloe vera gel first, then use whatever moisturizer you have.

Another method is to wash your face with oatmeal, wet your face and scoop like a little less than a palm full of uncooked oatmeal into your hands and mix it with some warm water, not too much water. The oats should get softer after adding the water, then you place the oatmeal onto your face and wash it using the oatmeal. This is a video that shows you how to wash your face using oatmeal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e5_RVBwNjE

The reason for the tea wash is to help clarify your skin and it has anti-inflammatory effects on skin. Do the scrub with the tea leaves once a week, but use the green tea water to wash your face twice a week. 

The oatmeal wash is to help you use less chemicals on your face and to help moisturize and soothe your face, I recommend using oatmeal to wash your face everyday and use your acne wash once a week. 

Lastly, I am not a doctor so these tips might not help you with your skin but try them out and see if they work for you. I really hope they do work for you, if you have anymore questions just ask~ :smile:

Drink plenty of water and stay away from the grease! You can try bentonite clay and there are plenty of youtube videos on it. Heard that works wonders for acne, but it purges the skin so you may break out more because it's working.

Lastly, I am not a doctor so these tips might not help you with your skin but try them out and see if they work for you. I really hope they do work for you, if you have anymore questions just ask~ :smile:

Pro tip: drink a lot of water and you will be able to spend less on skin care produts.

Drink plenty of water and stay away from the grease! You can try bentonite clay and there are plenty of youtube videos on it. Heard that works wonders for acne, but it purges the skin so you may break out more because it's working.

Thank you so much for the tips! I'll try the Oatmeal and Green Tea washes and see how it goes. I actually depleted my moolas after my big splurge on the Neutrogena products which did nothing for my acne. I can't return them right? ;_; I'll probably end up using them for my hands instead. It's going to be hard not eating fried or greasy foods since that's what my family usually eats along with rice.  :._.:

Thank you so much for the tips! I'll try the Oatmeal and Green Tea washes and see how it goes. I actually depleted my moolas after my big splurge on the Neutrogena products which did nothing for my acne. I can't return them right? ;_; I'll probably end up using them for my hands instead. It's going to be hard not eating fried or greasy foods since that's what my family usually eats along with rice.  :._.:

No, I don't think you can return facial cleansers. Bentonite at the most is seven dollars, but I've only seen it online. I know it can be really hard to not eat greasy food, but it's only for a few weeks and your skin will clear up. If that doesn't work, makeup can do wonders.

Did you read the OP? I put in a ton of tips

How can I wash nasality from my nose?  :hurr:

ok no, real question, what can i do to avoid hurting my face while shaving?  :smile:

if you can, try not to use the naturals pore scrub - it's pretty similar to st. ive's apricot scrub, which actually can cut your skin

Hahaha yeah I saw that and I know, like unless you wanna be a pizza then don't put cheese on your face. I actually heard mixed reviews about it too, some people say it moisturizes but most people say that it kinda pills off throughout the day....... :unsure:

so people actually use that voodo? :omg:

Not sure if this is the right thread but some lipsticks burn my lips and feel uncomfortable. I was reading about it and it said it was an allergy. But my lips don't get swollen and I don't get white bumps just the burning  :derp:

if you can, try not to use the naturals pore scrub - it's pretty similar to st. ive's apricot scrub, which actually can cut your skin

so people actually use that voodo? :omg:

Hahahaha yes some people just like to play with it though F1WffIG.gif IT IS LIKE CHEESE OMG

Hahahaha yes some people just like to play with it though F1WffIG.gif IT IS LIKE CHEESE OMG

that's some nasty shit :omg:

How can I wash nasality from my nose?  :hurr:

ok no, real question, what can i do to avoid hurting my face while shaving?  :smile:

So I totally forgot to answer this lol. Well, you could start by QUIT BITCHING ABOUT BEING A TENOR!

But I don't know as I'm not a dude no matter how much you may think I am. 

im starting to get into cleansing balms, i bought this the other day since it's one of the cheaper ones out there just to test out and i absolutely LOVE it

TheBodyShopCamomileCleansingButter4_zps8

does anyone else use cleansing balms and have recommendations? 

im starting to get into cleansing balms, i bought this the other day since it's one of the cheaper ones out there just to test out and i absolutely LOVE it

TheBodyShopCamomileCleansingButter4_zps8

does anyone else use cleansing balms and have recommendations? 

whoaa that's absolutely interesting, HOW DOES IT EVEN WORK?

My mom got me these in NYC  :ahmagah:

Face mist that smells good.

Tony-Moly-Pocket-Bunny-Moist-Mist-001.jp

And hand cream that smells really really really good. I'm in love  :rlytearpls:

%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD%CF%B8%EF%BF%BD_%EF%BF

The cream is actually more yellow than it looks in the picture.

someone suggested about green tea and oatmeal. let me tell you, THEY DO WORK
i've never had big pimples but still, those nasty little things annoyed the hell out of me whenever they came.
Oatmeal did help me to clear my skin and prevent acne. and i've been using pure green tea as a toner and haha i never expected that my skin got brighter. it really helps me to fade my acne scars quickly.

Btw, does anyone know the history of whoo? shit this brand is so pricey like damn. i only used hwa hyun eye cream, its essence, qi jin eye cream, 2 bb creams from 2 lines and one cc cream. they are all samples haha. it's a high brand.

someone suggested about green tea and oatmeal. let me tell you, THEY DO WORK
i've never had big pimples but still, those nasty little things annoyed the hell out of me whenever they came.
Oatmeal did help me to clear my skin and prevent acne. and i've been using pure green tea as a toner and haha i never expected that my skin got brighter. it really helps me to fade my acne scars quickly.

Btw, does anyone know the history of whoo? shit this brand is so pricey like damn. i only used hwa hyun eye cream, its essence, qi jin eye cream, 2 bb creams from 2 lines and one cc cream. they are all samples haha. it's a high brand.

history of whoo is so expensive :cry: it's also targeted for the 30+ crowd, i think. hence its prices.

I bought the junyulhyang wrinkle cream for my mom for her birthday, and she says it works pretty well. $200 though... my allowance... T_T

history of whoo is so expensive :cry: it's also targeted for the 30+ crowd, i think. hence its prices.
I bought the junyulhyang wrinkle cream for my mom for her birthday, and she says it works pretty well. $200 though... my allowance... T_T

0.o shit not gonna spend $200 for skincare. such a nice kid you are.
yes, but i used the ones for 20+, of course, you are not able to use it yet.
Seems like it does work. wanna try the seol whitening line, but only can afford trial kit ($25) and samples TT oh yeah junhyulhyang line does target 40+ crowd.

0.o shit not gonna spend $200 for skincare. such a nice kid you are.
yes, but i used the ones for 20+, of course, you are not able to use it yet.
Seems like it does work. wanna try the seol whitening line, but only can afford trial kit ($25) and samples TT oh yeah junhyulhyang line does target 40+ crowd.

yeah i'm more suited for lioele and etude house and innisfree LOL

i heard that the seol line does good things, but it's expensive

Edited by goddess1

Oops. Accidentally skipped it because of my frantic acne crisis. It was basically an all-in-one center of information and what everyone's been re-iterating :derp:

I just bought Dessert Essence's 100% Tea Tree oil. I'm scared to put it on my face though. So far, the oatmeal wash and green tea/honey mask have helped deal with my acne leaving a tiny bit of pimples on my cheeks and temples. I'm not really sure on how to treat the scars though. They're a bit lighter now but their still quite dark and unsightly on my cheeks. I can see that they're going to leave little indents and actual scarring though :T FML

Oops. Accidentally skipped it because of my frantic acne crisis. It was basically an all-in-one center of information and what everyone's been re-iterating :derp:

I just bought Dessert Essence's 100% Tea Tree oil. I'm scared to put it on my face though. So far, the oatmeal wash and green tea/honey mask have helped deal with my acne leaving a tiny bit of pimples on my cheeks and temples. I'm not really sure on how to treat the scars though. They're a bit lighter now but their still quite dark and unsightly on my cheeks. I can see that they're going to leave little indents and actual scarring though :T FML

If you are scared of using it then I suggest diluting it with a little bit of lukewarm water first before applying it since it might be too strong. Scaring is a pain the bum, my acne is almost gone too except for some small ones but the scars are terrible because they take forever to lighten. You should invest in the Skinfood Rice wash off mask or the Cure gel which is like a exfoliating gel that helps removes dead skin cells which might help your scars to lighten quicker. 

If you wanna go the DIY route again then try the rice toner, get some organic rice because regular rice might have pesticides in it, wash the rice once and the second time you wash the rice pour that water into a bottle and put it in the fridge and use that as a toner. I have never used this before but Michelle Phan has a video on how to make this and I know a lot of people says that this actuallly works so it might work for you as well.

The actual dents can only be removed by surgery so can't help you there.  :._.:

I am glad that the diy masks worked for you, I hope your graduation goes well.  :smile:

If you are scared of using it then I suggest diluting it with a little bit of lukewarm water first before applying it since it might be too strong. Scaring is a pain the bum, my acne is almost gone too except for some small ones but the scars are terrible because they take forever to lighten. You should invest in the Skinfood Rice wash off mask or the Cure gel which is like a exfoliating gel that helps removes dead skin cells which might help your scars to lighten quicker. 

If you wanna go the DIY route again then try the rice toner, get some organic rice because regular rice might have pesticides in it, wash the rice once and the second time you wash the rice pour that water into a bottle and put it in the fridge and use that as a toner. I have never used this before but Michelle Phan has a video on how to make this and I know a lot of people says that this actuallly works so it might work for you as well.

The actual dents can only be removed by surgery so can't help you there.  :._.:

I am glad that the diy masks worked for you, I hope your graduation goes well.  :smile:

Thanks so much! I really hope my skin stays as is and doesn't harshly flare up again. Do you know the process of diluting tea tree oil? I'm such a newb at this skin care routines which is probably why I have terrible skin in the first place. And I would do it after the facial wash and moisturize after?

Ooh, don't use 100% tea tree oil on you face! Don't, it might burn your face if you apply it straight from the bottle! Dilute it with some lotion, or like midori said, some lukewarm water!

Thanks so much! I really hope my skin stays as is and doesn't harshly flare up again. Do you know the process of diluting tea tree oil? I'm such a newb at this skin care routines which is probably why I have terrible skin in the first place. And I would do it after the facial wash and moisturize after?

I am not sure about the diluting process but try googling it. And I would do it after you wash your face and before you moisturize, I am assuming that you are using it as a spot treatment right? Because if you apply it after your moisturize your acne doesn't really absorb all the tea tree oil b.c of the moisturizer blocking it for full absorption. Try applying it then wait 5-10 minutes and apply your moisturizer.