Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Interestingly enough my local drug store is selling korean beauty products now was browsing and all of a sudden saw Irene posing infront of me lmfao. They had Saem and Frudia, with a bunch others I don't really recall.

I have experience with Saem, but does anyone have any with Frudia?

has anyone tried corsx salicylic acid exfoliating cleanser? i suspect that it broke me out with tiny bumps on my forehead. the break out was nothing too crazy, i just noticed the difference.

Just want to share the skincare products I used:

1. Biore Cleansing Oil as oil based cleanser

2. COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser as water based cleanser

3. NEOGEN Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon as exfoliator (i dont like this product so i might change to Skinfood brown sugar)

4. COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads as toner

5. The Face Shop sheet masks (once a week)

6. COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream as moisturizer

7. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch for spot treatment (my holy grail) and Mizon Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot

I might change to different products since my sister thinks that the products are not working since I'm still having major acne problem right now.

for all those with sensitive skin, i just bought this cleanser a few weeks ago and it's done wonders for my skin

859975020014-5.jpg?w=566&h=566

it's "andalou naturals 1000 roses cleansing foam" and i use it morning and night, along with jojoba and grapeseed oil as my moisturizers 

anyone has any recommendation for good korean hydrating toners? I'm currently using the mamonde rose water toner and i knew many raved about. it did ok but i still don't feel it's hydrating enough for me. i have dehydrated oily skin.

anyone has any recommendation for good korean hydrating toners? I'm currently using the mamonde rose water toner and i knew many raved about. it did ok but i still don't feel it's hydrating enough for me. i have dehydrated oily skin.

i'm using Laneige toner

they call their toner a skin refiner and i'm using the moisture type

I'm 110% sure this has been asked but when doing facemaks is it better to use toner before or after??

i use the toner after facemask but i always spray face mist (Avene) before

but i think mostly the direction says that you need to apply toner first

https://www.amazon.com/ISNTREE-Hyaluronic-Moisturizing-Soothing-Nourishing/dp/B073J5NV5V?th=1

this has done wonders to my skin, it's amazing. as far as i remember hyaluronic acid is something we naturally have in our bodies, so a toner like this will give you extra moisture on your skin.

Edited by one-hoe wonho

I'm currently using Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner, and I love it!

Here are some reviews:

At 3:26

Edited by Symphonia

Does anyone have any recommendations for products that are good for fading dark spots?  

You can use Vitamin C serums, like the Klairs one~

i'm looking for new skincare products to try 

and luckly my local beauty store has stocked some korean beauty products for me to try out

does anyone have experience with the brand neogen or fermented skincare products ?

My serum almost finished and I'm looking to try new serums.. so can you guys recommend me serum for dry skin.. I prefer the moisturising ones and maybe anti aging..

been using banila co clean it zero for 3 weeks and loving the result so far

QHF5zn6.jpg

the cleansing power is on par with shu uemura cleansing oil (which is not wallet friendly)

i don't know why but my face has dry patches when using cleansing water like bioderma when it used to be okay so this banila co is like a new holy grail for me ;;

Has anyone tried the Klairs Vitamin E Mask or the Blithe Tundra Chaga Pressed Serum? Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know of a dupe for the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser or Glossier Milky Jelly? looking for a gel 2nd cleanser that i can double cleanse my eyes with and I have a couple, but im hesitant with those.

Any recommendations on skincare for redness? I don't know if it is rosacea or hormone related, but my cheeks are always red. I have a cleanser that I really like, so maybe moisturizer/serums/anything else someone can recommend?

fuller's earth works very well for me. it works as a one step facial. cleanses, tones, softens, brightens and scrubs my skin. and the best part- removes blackheads and whiteheads.

Edited by Peaches Rose

I don't know if this is the place to ask here but does anyone know how to get whiter armpit? Thanks in advance! chuplz.png

any recommendations 4 acnerlytearpls.png 

ive been drinking a LOT of water lately + ive been drinking milk and since its hot as hell here iv been keeping myself cool too + i rarely eat junk food/drink sodas so idk why i still break out sometimes. i only have acne marks left tho n they r such a menace to get rid of, i appreciate any and all advice(s) lmao

Can anyone recommend products from The Ordinary brand for hyperpigmentation/dark spots from pimples, textured, combination skin? I don't have much acne but I do get a few pimples from time to time. Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations on skincare for redness? I don't know if it is rosacea or hormone related, but my cheeks are always red. I have a cleanser that I really like, so maybe moisturizer/serums/anything else someone can recommend?

Avoid products with alcohol, and drinking it (might trigger rosacea). Make sure your water is not to hot when washing your face.

Aloe vera might soothe it or ingredients like: 

• Green tea extract
  • Argan oil
  • Niacinamide
  • Linoleic oils
  • Chamomile
  • Aloe
  • Resveratrol

.. and Licorice is good for redness. Keep your lotions in the fridge, the cooling will soothe the redness. Also keep your skincare routine simple. 

any recommendations 4 acnerlytearpls.png 

ive been drinking a LOT of water lately + ive been drinking milk and since its hot as hell here iv been keeping myself cool too + i rarely eat junk food/drink sodas so idk why i still break out sometimes. i only have acne marks left tho n they r such a menace to get rid of, i appreciate any and all advice(s) lmao

Salicylic acid and /or benzoyl peroxide. Light treatment might work. Retinoid might work too. It depend on how much acne you have. Hope that helps a little bit.

Okay two questions:

• Is there any way that a broke ass bitch can find a good moisturizer without having to buy multiple moisturizers to do trial and error?
  • Does anyone have experience with hormonal acne (aka acne on your period) and might know of some solutions to help reduce it?  My skin has really been all over the place with hormonal acne every month for over a year now and it feels like I never get a break...just when my skin calms down, my period comes back and in comes the new pests all over my face.  

I don't even know what skin type I have at this point since I don't use a moisturizer or take proper care of my skin as I used to--my skin has definitely changed since I ran out of my old Korean skincare products.  I think all I own at this point is cleanser, face masks, stridex pads, and salicylic acid spot treatment.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! warstarplz.png

Edited by ché

Okay two questions:

• Is there any way that a broke ass bitch can find a good moisturizer without having to buy multiple moisturizers to do trial and error?
  • Does anyone have experience with hormonal acne (aka acne on your period) and might know of some solutions to help reduce it?  My skin has really been all over the place with hormonal acne every month for over a year now and it feels like I never get a break...just when my skin calms down, my period comes back and in comes the new pests all over my face.  

I don't even know what skin type I have at this point since I don't use a moisturizer or take proper care of my skin as I used to--my skin has definitely changed since I ran out of my old Korean skincare products.  I think all I own at this point is cleanser, face masks, stridex pads, and salicylic acid spot treatment.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! warstarplz.png

A broke Asian girl here, I'm using a snail product from Mizon (the gel cream one in pink tube) for daily moisturizer for about 2 years now, it's also pretty cheap, maybe around $10 for two tubes. I was having the worst breakout of my life when I started using the product and it has now reduced my acne and acne scars. Hada Labo are also cheap and many people love their moisturizing line, I'm also using the lotion and milk. For hormonal acne, you could try acne cover patch, like the ones from 3M or CosRX (they also have great products for acne but I haven't try them). 

Some people are suggesting to find a good toner to start off a routine so I've also been using a dollar toner from a local brand before my routine and I can't be without it anymore.

• Like 1

Any suggestions for facial sunscreen that won't leave a white cast? I just had to throw away a brand new tube of Neutrogena sunscreen because it made me look like Casper's cousin.

Preferably something I can pick up at Target/Ulta/other or easily order online and good for all skin types.