Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Recommend me a cheap, yet good, drugstore product/face mask for blackheads T.T 

I use the St. Ives mineral clay mask and Freeman chocolate-strawberry clay mask. both from walmart. I have no complaints whatsoever.

on a related note, the face shop at eaton centre had a promo for sheet masks last weekend, buy 10 get 5 free  :ahmagah:

I use the St. Ives mineral clay mask and Freeman chocolate-strawberry clay mask. both from walmart. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Oh we have St.Ives here yay. I head we shouldn't use their scrubs. Is that true?

Oh we have St.Ives here yay. I head we shouldn't use their scrubs. Is that true?

Scrubs does not work as deep as BHA or AHA exfoliants. Scrubs are only temporary. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.

I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filaments: common in the nose, chin, and forehead area; when squeezed fill back up in 24-48 hours; white, flesh like, or light-gray colored (not black); when squeezed, express soft material and not a solid plug.

In simpler terms they are just large pores caused by too much sebum buildup (sebum being the natural oil your face produces). And sadly we will always have them but you can use a good BHA or AHA product to temporary get rid of the sebum or you can also try oil cleansing. DO NOT squeeze these out because you are harming your skin and you will get broken capillaries. 

A blackhead are dark black spots that can get infected and have to be extracted   Your best bet is to go to a dermatologist and get a serum or cream for them. Do NOT use pore strips though because the skin on our nose is very very fragile so by peeling off those strips we are stretching and can cause broken capillaries which are very hard to get rid of. 

This is a picture that shows the difference between the 2:

sebaceousfilaments.gif 2zgyzw5.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTSmnCLj-WSoyrUkfQHrD

Some products to get rid of SF are:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFUPJetU8TBUEqVwwv2NAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqAnIm8YZwx6U52pDv3k9images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIjB20ekFrQGDDFxj4uQW

Also if you use any of the BHA or AHA products don't forget to wear sunscreen when you leave your house!

HOPE THIS HELPED YOU GUYS  :chu: 

• Like 2

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.

I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filaments: common in the nose, chin, and forehead area; when squeezed fill back up in 24-48 hours; white, flesh like, or light-gray colored (not black); when squeezed, express soft material and not a solid plug.

In simpler terms they are just large pores caused by too much sebum buildup (sebum being the natural oil your face produces). And sadly we will always have them but you can use a good BHA or AHA product to temporary get rid of the sebum or you can also try oil cleansing. DO NOT squeeze these out because you are harming your skin and you will get broken capillaries. 

A blackhead are dark black spots that can get infected and have to be extracted   Your best bet is to go to a dermatologist and get a serum or cream for them. Do NOT use pore strips though because the skin on our nose is very very fragile so by peeling off those strips we are stretching and can cause broken capillaries which are very hard to get rid of. 

This is a picture that shows the difference between the 2:

sebaceousfilaments.gif 2zgyzw5.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTSmnCLj-WSoyrUkfQHrD

Some products to get rid of SF are:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFUPJetU8TBUEqVwwv2NAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqAnIm8YZwx6U52pDv3k9images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIjB20ekFrQGDDFxj4uQW

Also if you use any of the BHA or AHA products don't forget to wear sunscreen when you leave your house!

HOPE THIS HELPED YOU GUYS  :chu: 

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN 

MY MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN 

Hahaha yeah I did a lot of research on skincare over the past 2 summers so if you have questions, I will try my best to answer them for ya~ :D

Hahaha yeah I did a lot of research on skincare over the past 2 summers so if you have questions, I will try my best to answer them for ya~ :D

Evertyime I tweeze or wax my eyebrows I get one or a few pimpled around that aera, why?

How can I make my skin look less dull? 

Why do certain cleansers/scrubs make my face itchy? 

Btw I bought St.Ives Green Tea cleanser and it does nothing for me. I mean my face feels clean but it doesn't look clean? Doesn't prevent pimples at all. I don't recommend it.

604-357494-blemishcontrol_greentegelclen

Evertyime I tweeze or wax my eyebrows I get one or a few pimpled around that aera, why?

Btw I bought St.Ives Green Tea cleanser and it does nothing for me. I mean my face feels clean but it doesn't look clean? Doesn't prevent pimples at all. I don't recommend it.

It could be how clean your utensils are.

I am not sure about tweezing but when you wax your skin sometimes you skin can get clogged or have ingrown hair. Or a possibilty might be that the wax from waxing wasn't fully washed off your skin after waxing. I really can't say why you would get pimples there but a good solution to do spot treatments on those spots. Also you should exfoliate once a week and concentrate on areas like your nose and your eyebrow before you wax.

And solutions to make your face less dull is to invest in some brightening face masks and a brightening face wash. You could also invest in a face pack scrub thing. And for make-up try a luminizer under your foundation or some BB creams and CC creams help with brightening your skin. Innisfree and Nature Republic has some very nice face masks. Skinfood's Rice Mask wash off is very good for exfoliating and brightening your skin. 

For the itchy part, if they make your skin itch stop using it, you skin might be allergic to one of the ingredients in the product or your skin is just sensitive to some of the ingredients. Also your skin might be itchy because maybe the cleaner/scrub has stripped too much oil from your skin which can cause your skin to feel dry and itchy. 

Also I use Asian skincare a lot so what I recommend may not always be available to you unless you can order stuff online. Sorry about that.  

Have you tried Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit acne face wash? That cleanser was pretty nice at getting rid of acne and it smelled very nice as well.  :smile:

• Like 1

It could be how clean your utensils are.

Never thought about it :o

I used a Lush scrub the other day and it was the best thing ever. I can't remember the name but I'll post it here when I remember it. Too bad I can't really use their products since we don't have them where I live.

I am not sure about tweezing but when you wax your skin sometimes you skin can get clogged or have ingrown hair. Or a possibilty might be that the wax from waxing wasn't fully washed off your skin after waxing. I really can't say why you would get pimples there but a good solution to do spot treatments on those spots. Also you should exfoliate once a week and concentrate on areas like your nose and your eyebrow before you wax.

And solutions to make your face less dull is to invest in some brightening face masks and a brightening face wash. You could also invest in a face pack scrub thing. And for make-up try a luminizer under your foundation or some BB creams and CC creams help with brightening your skin. Innisfree and Nature Republic has some very nice face masks. Skinfood's Rice Mask wash off is very good for exfoliating and brightening your skin. 

For the itchy part, if they make your skin itch stop using it, you skin might be allergic to one of the ingredients in the product or your skin is just sensitive to some of the ingredients. Also your skin might be itchy because maybe the cleaner/scrub has stripped too much oil from your skin which can cause your skin to feel dry and itchy. 

Also I use Asian skincare a lot so what I recommend may not always be available to you unless you can order stuff online. Sorry about that.  

Have you tried Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit acne face wash? That cleanser was pretty nice at getting rid of acne and it smelled very nice as well.  :smile:

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I don't wear make up oops. I haven't tried it because brands that focus on acne are too harsh for my skin. For example, Clean and Clear. I might give that face wash a try since I'm still looking for a good cleanser. Edited by fuckJohnny

how do snail creams work? do you recommend them? also can anyone recommend me an essence and night cream? basically i just wanna reduce my blemishes and prevent pimples if possible. i have combination-dry skin. there's tonymoly, missha, holika2, the face shop around me

how do snail creams work? do you recommend them? also can anyone recommend me an essence and night cream? basically i just wanna reduce my blemishes and prevent pimples if possible. i have combination-dry skin. there's tonymoly, missha, holika2, the face shop around me

I am not sure how snail creams work but I think it is just that the slime from snails are very good for dry skin, acne, and wrinkles. If you try a snail cream for your blemishes try this one:

I have never used it before but it is very popular in the international market and it is super cheap as well. 

41FL%2BxB%2BIDL._SY300_.jpg

I am trying this essence out and so far I like it, when I make a full review on it on my blog, I will give you the full details on it~

beauty5.jpg?w=870&h=578

All of my night creams are for oily skin but I heard good reviews on the Etude House Collagen line which is good for dry skin and Shinee's Onew also uses it~ 

The Face Shop has nice face masks which can help moisturize your skin as well as help with your acne. 

And LORD YOU DO LIVE IN HEAVEN........all those stores  :la:

Edited by Teddy2Candies

NASTINESS 

I'm just saying that because the thought of putting snail goop on my face grosses me out.

I recommend Benton's snail bee essence they also have a steam cream I have not tried but people seem to love it. 

don't use their scrubs! the beads' edges are very jaggy and will cut your skin!

and for blackhead extraction, you can always try mineral oil massage

clean your tweezers with rubbing alcohol before tweezing!

also, do your best to not use soap-based cleansers - they dry out your skin and makes it duller

I am not sure how snail creams work but I think it is just that the slime from snails are very good for dry skin, acne, and wrinkles. If you try a snail cream for your blemishes try this one:
 I have never used it before but it is very popular in the international market and it is super cheap as well. 

I am trying this essence out and so far I like it, when I make a full review on it on my blog, I will give you the full details on it~

All of my night creams are for oily skin but I heard good reviews on the Etude House Collagen line which is good for dry skin and Shinee's Onew also uses it~ 

The Face Shop has nice face masks which can help moisturize your skin as well as help with your acne. 

eonnie you have a blog? :stare: i wanna see!!! :ilove:

don't use their scrubs! the beads' edges are very jaggy and will cut your skin!

and for blackhead extraction, you can always try mineral oil massage

clean your tweezers with rubbing alcohol before tweezing!

also, do your best to not use soap-based cleansers - they dry out your skin and makes it duller

eonnie you have a blog? :stare: i wanna see!!! :ilove:

Hahaha not yet, I am in the midst of making one.....but editing is sooo hard and annoying >.<

BTW Mary you know a lot about skincare too like the asian beauty and you even knew about the evil St. Ives scrub!! Would you be interested in making a joint blog? Like we can each post on there? Because I feel that you know so much more about Asian and high-end products than me and I could use your help!!  :lub:

Hahaha not yet, I am in the midst of making one.....but editing is sooo hard and annoying >.<

BTW Mary you know a lot about skincare too like the asian beauty and you even knew about the evil St. Ives scrub!! Would you be interested in making a joint blog? Like we can each post on there? Because I feel that you know so much more about Asian and high-end products than me and I could use your help!!  :lub:

:chu:

yeah! but no fotds :(

what type of blog are you planning on making? :O

:chu:

yeah! but no fotds :(

what type of blog are you planning on making? :O

Hahaha don't worry neither one of us will show our faces maybe just our hands. 

And hmm so far I am thinking of Asian skincare, beauty, reviews, and kpop blog for now. Hopefully if it gets popular enough then we can get sponsors. Let me pm you the name of the blog I am thinking of and you can help me brainstorm together for a name since you are my partner in crime now~  :chu:  :chu:

i think you forgot to write the products you were gonna recommend, the snail cream and essence

those stores are like an hour away from me though, it's a bit of a ride so i don't go there as often (as i'd want)

I recommend Benton's snail bee essence they also have a steam cream I have not tried but people seem to love it. 

i will look into this thanks

Hahaha don't worry neither one of us will show our faces maybe just our hands. 

And hmm so far I am thinking of Asian skincare, beauty, reviews, and kpop blog for now. Hopefully if it gets popular enough then we can get sponsors. Let me pm you the name of the blog I am thinking of and you can help me brainstorm together for a name since you are my partner in crime now~  :chu:  :chu:

yay okay! :meow:

i think you forgot to write the products you were gonna recommend, the snail cream and essence

those stores are like an hour away from me though, it's a bit of a ride so i don't go there as often (as i'd want)

mizon's a good brand - their snail slime cream's really good!

Ahhhh I am so sorry the pictures didn't show up....I edited it now so you should be able to see it now!! Sowwy~  :._.:

the Benton seems really promising... hopefully they sell it here

also what's a good AC product you guys recommend?

yay okay! :meow:

mizon's a good brand - their snail slime cream's really good!

i'll look into it as well~

Ahhhh I am so sorry the pictures didn't show up....I edited it now so you should be able to see it now!! Sowwy~  :._.:

no worries!! 

the Benton seems really promising... hopefully they sell it here

also what's a good AC product you guys recommend?

i'll look into it as well~

no worries!! 

For the Benton products you might want to invest in some sample sizes first because I have read some reviews of them working for a while and then the people start breaking out. I am not sure which Benton Product it was but just on a safe side try the sample sizes first to see if it is the right match for you.

And I really like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXJG1n4hsX71hyyC6lx14  ciracle_redspotcream_detail.jpgIt works really well as a spot treatment but the con is that it is very white so if you are dark you might want to do this only at night or wear foundation over it. And it also has a herbal smell if you aren't used to that then that might be a con as well. And lastly you have to dip your fingers into the pot, so that isn't very hygienic either.  

Another product that I like to use is the Nature Republic Aloe Gel to help soothe my skin and acne because sometime putting too much of acne products on your skin isn't that good for you so you need days where your skin just has time to heal. 

For the Benton products you might want to invest in some sample sizes first because I have read some reviews of them working for a while and then the people start breaking out. I am not sure which Benton Product it was but just on a safe side try the sample sizes first to see if it is the right match for you.

And I really like this images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXJG1n4hsX71hyyC6lx14  ciracle_redspotcream_detail.jpgIt works really well as a spot treatment but the con is that it is very white so if you are dark you might want to do this only at night or wear foundation over it. And it also has a herbal smell if you aren't used to that then that might be a con as well. And lastly you have to dip your fingers into the pot, so that isn't very hygienic either.  

Another product that I like to use is the Nature Republic Aloe Gel to help soothe my skin and acne because sometime putting too much of acne products on your skin isn't that good for you so you need days where your skin just has time to heal. 

looks like cheese :lol:

by the way, did you know that enprani has a bouncy cheese cream?

i die lol

who would buy that