Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

LOL i thought you were referring to tea tree skin care products. Of course I do drink tea and wash my face everyday, but it doesn't help.

The thing is, I have a mild case (I hope) of liver stones so maybe that's why my liver is not very good at detoxifying; hence, all the pimples. 

How dangerous is accutane? I am very cautious about going on medication now for fear of messing up my skin even more.

accutane was a last resort for me since i got really frustrated

my skin got really really dry as a side effect and i had to take regular checkups for my liver. since you mentioned your liver isn't in good condition, then don't take it

and in the 6 months that i took it i broke out REALLY BADLY for about 4-5 months. And it was really bad, my esteem died a few times. there were times i doubted the effectiveness of the product but it was just part of the ride. 

that was 3 years ago and my skin is okay now with the occasional pimple or two during TOM (can't be helped)

LOL i thought you were referring to tea tree skin care products. Of course I do drink tea and wash my face everyday, but it doesn't help.

The thing is, I have a mild case (I hope) of liver stones so maybe that's why my liver is not very good at detoxifying; hence, all the pimples. 

How dangerous is accutane? I am very cautious about going on medication now for fear of messing up my skin even more.

Do you use the tips in the OP?

All of them  :._.:.

Wait until you get more recommendations because the only thing I can tell you to do is strictly last resort. 

Can I talk about chemical peels here? I just want to quickly rant about it.

I got mine today and my face is itchy af. 

Can I talk about chemical peels here? I just want to quickly rant about it.

I got mine today and my face is itchy af. 

OK

Aloe vera works the best for me. i barely have any problem if i put it daily.

I have read somewhere that blackheads and whiteheads can be treated with fairly simple methods, like face washing, moisturizing or using natural antiseptics, and that sounds like the mild cases of acne most people here have. But has anyone have experiences dealing with papules and pustules, or inflammatory lesions? Because they aren't just cased by dirt on your skin; they come from poor health and diet. In other words, they come from within and can't be treated by what you put on your face or paying a visit to a dermatologist. But even after knowing that and setting up a healthy diet for myself for a while, nothing changes. (I'm utterly depressed at times to the point I only go out after sunset to avoid having my skins seen in daylight).

I have read somewhere that blackheads and whiteheads can be treated with fairly simple methods, like face washing, moisturizing or using natural antiseptics, and that sounds like the mild cases of acne most people here have. But has anyone have experiences dealing with papules and pustules, or inflammatory lesions? Because they aren't just cased by dirt on your skin; they come from poor health and diet. In other words, they come from within and can't be treated by what you put on your face or paying a visit to a dermatologist. But even after knowing that and setting up a healthy diet for myself for a while, nothing changes. (I'm utterly depressed at times to the point I only go out after sunset to avoid having my skins seen in daylight).

I get pustules. Just look at the OP for my recommendations.

I was just wondering to those Girls (or Guys) who wear make up and suffer with acne/bad skin in general how often do you wash your brushes/when to throw away sponges and what do you wash yours in? I tend to wash mine every other day unless they are super dirty and throw a sponge away once i've used it 2/3 times, because recently my skin has been horrendous and I haven't changed my skin routine/no change in diet anything so it must be something to do with my brushes. 

I was just wondering to those Girls (or Guys) who wear make up and suffer with acne/bad skin in general how often do you wash your brushes/when to throw away sponges and what do you wash yours in? I tend to wash mine every other day unless they are super dirty and throw a sponge away once i've used it 2/3 times, because recently my skin has been horrendous and I haven't changed my skin routine/no change in diet anything so it must be something to do with my brushes. 

hmmm... maybe hormones?  :unsure:

i wash both my brushes and my beautyblender once a week and haven't really had any acne problems resulting from my laziness

i mean, washing your brushes often won't hurt either

I don't wash them as often as I should. You're supposed to wash them everyday. I kind of just wash them whenever I feel like it. But there are a lot of other factors that come into play other than a skincare routine or diet.

hmmm... maybe hormones?  :unsure:

i wash both my brushes and my beautyblender once a week and haven't really had any acne problems resulting from my laziness

i mean, washing your brushes often won't hurt either

It could be I have no idea, it might be stress from my A-level mocks I've just had. Well i've been told by friends to wash my brushes pretty much everytime I use them but I don't have enough brushes to have as back ups so I can't.

I don't wash them as often as I should. You're supposed to wash them everyday. I kind of just wash them whenever I feel like it. But there are a lot of other factors that come into play other than a skincare routine or diet.

Oh yeah I know there is a lot of factors just none that I can really think of as why all of a sudden and I haven't washed my brushes in a fortnight (they've been washed now :lol:) and i've just recently had a breakout so I kinda thought that, i'm probably gonna put it down to stress though

It could be I have no idea, it might be stress from my A-level mocks I've just had. Well i've been told by friends to wash my brushes pretty much everytime I use them but I don't have enough brushes to have as back ups so I can't.

Oh yeah I know there is a lot of factors just none that I can really think of as why all of a sudden and I haven't washed my brushes in a fortnight (they've been washed now :lol:) and i've just recently had a breakout so I kinda thought that, i'm probably gonna put it down to stress though

Hormonal acne is more like when you get your period or your pregnant because your body is producing a lot of androgens. 

Just check the OP; I think it put down just about everything that affects your skin. 

Hormonal acne is more like when you get your period or your pregnant because your body is producing a lot of androgens. 

Just check the OP; I think it put down just about everything that affects your skin. 

That definitely doesn't apply to me then :lol:  :lol:

Okay I will thanks.

That definitely doesn't apply to me then :lol:  :lol:

Okay I will thanks.

Oh, and puberty too. I forgot to mention that one.

I have a feeling that this has been asked before :P but what is the best way to get rid of acne scars?

Please share what has worked best for you, thanks. ^^

I have a feeling that this has been asked before :P but what is the best way to get rid of acne scars?

Brightening product that contain vit c. Or spot treatment. Im currently having acne scars too and i hate them sooo much. But now they are almost gone since i started using garnier sakura white except this one spot on my chin that i recently get....

another brightening line i would recommend is diorsnow

is there an effective acne scar product i can get at a local drugstore (shopper's, rexall etc) i looked for that garnier sakura and it seems like it's only available in asia

asian products aren't easily accessible here in gta (pacific mall is like 1.5 hrs away, i can't go there as often as i'd want to)

is there an effective acne scar product i can get at a local drugstore (shopper's, rexall etc) i looked for that garnier sakura and it seems like it's only available in asia

asian products aren't easily accessible here in gta (pacific mall is like 1.5 hrs away, i can't go there as often as i'd want to)

OK, so I was looking at skin whitening products because I was curious if there were any near me, and I saw that L'Oreal has two dark spot corrector, BUT it's a bit pricey. Like it's $25 (USD) each. You'll also need to use it consistently, so you can't get lazy. You can find it in your local drugstore. It's the L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Dark Spot Correcting Serum and the Youth Code Dark Spot SPF 30 Day Cream. Obviously, I haven't tried it, but you're free to try. 

SK25_7_pack-shot.jpg      SK25_6_pack-shot.jpg

Does anyone here have chicken skin?

How do you guys deal with it :\

Does anyone here have chicken skin?

How do you guys deal with it :\

like on the arms?

the mest method would be to moisturize and exfoliate at least twice a week!