OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

yaaaallll im pimpling out :'( 

looking like a pepperoni pizza :'( 

Cheeks and Hormonal chin pimples, i also got some forehead (beside my eyebrow) pimple 

I'm crying :'(  

i use tea tree oil, clean and clear acne spot treatment, rose water, and none of these methods are helping my skin clear out :( 

This year has been so bad for my skin >.< 

I also have bad pigmentation ring around my upper lip -_- sigh 

SOMEBADY HELPPPPP 

I'm experiencing the same problems except on my cheeks. :._.:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

So has anyone tried the InnisFree Clay Mask? Everywhere I look has pretty good reviews on it so I think I'm gonna try it out.

I'm also interested in making a home concoction of apple cider vinegar toner since that's apparently worked well for people as well

I'm experiencing the same problems except on my cheeks. :._.:

we can fight through it D: 

So has anyone tried the InnisFree Clay Mask? Everywhere I look has pretty good reviews on it so I think I'm gonna try it out.

I'm also interested in making a home concoction of apple cider vinegar toner since that's apparently worked well for people as well

I have!! It really doesn't do anything for me sadly D: it may work for extremely oily skin people though 

I've also made the apple code vinegar toner thing, the smell is the biggest turn off for me! Best to do it at night, and do it continuously! for my i feel like it made me more hairy LOL but i should honestly use it more frequently and i may see my pimples lessen down >.< 

Hi everyone! I'm a 20 yo male with like mild oily skin (y'know, oily but not extremely oily) and I'm looking for recommendations on some Korean brand products, specifically moisturizers, cleansers and toners. Any good brands to look out for? Most Korean brands have a lot of different lines of products (eg, Skinfood) and I'm interested in trying them out! Specific problems I'm looking at are just for oil control and pore tightening.. Thanks a bunch  :smile:

I'm using the Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mask around 1~2 times a week depending on how lousy I am and it's pretty good actually. It does help in oil control and your skin feels really fresh after washing it off but it does nothing much to help with the blackheads actually ): 

Only if you dilute it

yaaaallll im pimpling out :'( 

looking like a pepperoni pizza :'( 

Cheeks and Hormonal chin pimples, i also got some forehead (beside my eyebrow) pimple 

I'm crying :'(  

i use tea tree oil, clean and clear acne spot treatment, rose water, and none of these methods are helping my skin clear out :( 

This year has been so bad for my skin >.< 

I also have bad pigmentation ring around my upper lip -_- sigh 

SOMEBADY HELPPPPP 

._____. have you given BHAs and AHAs a try? What about benzoyl peroxide? Sulfur, maybe?

Edited by goddess1

._____. have you given BHAs and AHAs a try? What about benzoyl peroxide? Sulfur, maybe?

sorry for my lack of knowledge, but i have no clue what that is  :._.:

3 of the products I'm using contain benzoyl peroxide !!! and no to sulfur D: 

sorry for my lack of knowledge, but i have no clue what that is  :._.:

3 of the products I'm using contain benzoyl peroxide !!! and no to sulfur D: 

Stridex pads in the red box are a good cheap BHA (beta hydroxy acid, usually salicylic acid). BHAs help clean out your pores, AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid) help get rid of old skin cells. I use the Mizon 8% AHA peeling serum a few times a week and the Stridex every night. 

Someone else mentioned the Innisfree mask, a cheaper alternative would be the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. It has just a few ingredients but they are good: kaolin clay, bentonite clay, zinc oxide, sulphur and some things to hold it all together and make it smell good. You can usually get a big tube for around $5 at your local drugstore. 

• Like 1

Stridex pads in the red box are a good cheap BHA (beta hydroxy acid, usually salicylic acid). BHAs help clean out your pores, AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid) help get rid of old skin cells. I use the Mizon 8% AHA peeling serum a few times a week and the Stridex every night. 

Someone else mentioned the Innisfree mask, a cheaper alternative would be the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. It has just a few ingredients but they are good: kaolin clay, bentonite clay, zinc oxide, sulphur and some things to hold it all together and make it smell good. You can usually get a big tube for around $5 at your local drugstore. 

Thank you so much !!!! When i get the chance too  will be looking for some strides pads :D and look more at the ingredients of my products !!!! 

and yeah, i need more products with BHA properties i guess!! 

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3 

Any of you are using Laneige? Recently my aunt bought set of Perfect renew and Time freeze and all worth around 200usd. And just now I tried 3 of them, Time freeze essence, Perfect renew emulsion and then Time freeze eye cream. Right now my face feels so moisturize and nice. I think im gonna secretly keep using them. :ahmagah:

we can fight through it D: 

I have!! It really doesn't do anything for me sadly D: it may work for extremely oily skin people though 

I've also made the apple code vinegar toner thing, the smell is the biggest turn off for me! Best to do it at night, and do it continuously! for my i feel like it made me more hairy LOL but i should honestly use it more frequently and i may see my pimples lessen down >.< 

;;-;; High school is ruining my skin.

I wouldn't mind the late-night studies so much if I wasn't guaranteed a new pimple the next day.

I wouldn't mind the late-night studies so much if I wasn't guaranteed a new pimple the next day.

Ha. Good luck with university. 

Edited by chutrue

Ha. Good luck with university. 

^ 1000 % agree. When you get to Uni = landmine of pimples aka my face lmao 

I bought this about 2 weeks ago, along with the face lotion

The_Face_Shop_Acne_Solution_Mousse_Netto

And i am impressed. Usually I'd get 1-3 pimples (during ovulation and before TOM) that would grow really red and large before it erupts and leaves a dark spot that would take months to fade but this time they didn't even "ripen". Pimples were gone after approx. 2-3 days

omfg the smell of Apple Cider Vinegar is horrible  :omgwtf:

It's like someone took a piss in bad alcohol or something omfg I can't deal. This toner BETTER have awesome results because I am giving up on this if I don't see improvements soon. It feels like such a waste to keep this stored in the pantry forever though, I wonder if this could be used for spot treatment or any other low dosage appliances?

It's like someone took a piss in bad alcohol or something omfg I can't deal. This toner BETTER have awesome results because I am giving up on this if I don't see improvements soon. It feels like such a waste to keep this stored in the pantry forever though, I wonder if this could be used for spot treatment or any other low dosage appliances?

lmaooooooooooooo deaaaaad. 

right my mom gaged and was like wtf is this shit. and i was like yooo blame my forum friends haha 

and when i was buying apple cider vinegar, the guy at whole foods was like ouuu~ i drink this everyday right before I start my day 

:omgwtf:  :omgwtf:  :omgwtf:  :>_>:  srsly judging him right now  :cry:

lmaooooooooooooo deaaaaad. 

right my mom gaged and was like wtf is this shit. and i was like yooo blame my forum friends haha 

and when i was buying apple cider vinegar, the guy at whole foods was like ouuu~ i drink this everyday right before I start my day 

:omgwtf:  :omgwtf:  :omgwtf:  :>_>:  srsly judging him right now  :cry:

My mom used it on me in an attempt to cure my psoriasis. Needless to say, it hurt like hell. I wouldn't recommend using it on the face so regularly.

Hey guys what order do I use my innisfree products in? Lmao stupid question sorry

Thinnest to thickest. So usually something like Skin/Toner > Serum/Essence/Ampoule > Emulsion > Lotion > Cream. 

Usually a toner will go before a serum but Innisfree says to put the green tea serum on before any other product. 

has anyone used bioderma? did you love it? 

31aB3choSyL._SY300_.jpg

i loved it during my teen years, but now its just not doing it for me! >< 

i love oil cleansers/removers better 

EDIT: i have used at least 5 bottles of this though haha, so hmmm i seem to like it, try their sample size first though :D 

ALSOOOO GUYS MOTHERS DAYS IS COMING UP, and MY MOM HAS BEEN HINTING THAT SHE WANTS TO START A SKINCARE REGIME, I'm thinking of dropping by the faceshop and the bodyshop >.< Do you guys have a recomendations ?? 

she likes the bright, soft, anti-aging skincare (based on my observations haha) 

Edited by xharuharux

i loved it during my teen years, but now its just not doing it for me! >< 

i love oil cleansers/removers better 

EDIT: i have used at least 5 bottles of this though haha, so hmmm i seem to like it, try their sample size first though :D 

thanks, where did you purchase yours if you dont mind me asking?