OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

Do people normally discard their face masks after the first use? It feels so wasteful to throw it out when it still has some serum left over but then again I don't know how to properly preserve it for a whole week  :._.:

I wouldn't use it again, personally. I just wait until it dries out, but I also don't use sheet masks often. I think it's kind of gross to use it again.

Do people normally discard their face masks after the first use? It feels so wasteful to throw it out when it still has some serum left over but then again I don't know how to properly preserve it for a whole week  :._.:

I put it onto my neck directly afterwards if the mask is very saturated.

thank you! it works that day and the day after-as in my skin retains my moisturizer. 

but then my skin gets super dry after I shower. I feel like I'm never fully fixing the problem :(

and I don't want to over exfoliate. 

any advice?

After i exfoliate, i put on a clay mask (wash it off) then moisturize and my skin feels super smooth and bouncy 

For Moisturizers: you can go with a creme/cream if your skin is super dry but i usually go for a gel/lightweight lotion 

I mentioned in the other thread that my skin had gotten terrible after i started using maybelline's foundation.

So i made a trip to target today and bought laneige's the pore cleansing foam. I also bought the cushion.

I wanted to buy the toner,sleeping pack and the moisture cream but i didnt have enough money on me so i just bought these two products. :lol:

Can someone recommend me a really good exfoliater from the face shop?

For Moisturizers: you can go with a creme/cream if your skin is super dry but i usually go for a gel/lightweight lotion

What do you recommend? :) Edited by Lured

I mentioned in the other thread that my skin had gotten terrible after i started using maybelline's foundation.

So i made a trip to target today and bought laneige's the pore cleansing foam. I also bought the cushion.

I wanted to buy the toner,sleeping pack and the moisture cream but i didnt have enough money on me so i just bought these two products. :lol:

Can someone recommend me a really good exfoliater from the face shop?

What do you recommend? :)

Lured ! ~ I recommend Kiehls face lotions/cremes. It is a total investment though (pricey af) TRY DEM SAMPLES FIRST !!!!!! haha

I have combination skin and I have been really struggling with hormonal/stress acne but finally I have found a skincare routine that actually works and I wanted to share!  :stare:

First of all I have tried soooo many products and they sometimes made my skin even worse :( I've figured out to stay away from salicylic acid! That works really well for some people but I think if you have sensitive skin like me then it may be too harsh? So I threw away those products and here's what I use now~

item_L_6320637_3608905.jpg

So first I use the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, bless this product! I use it sometimes twice a day, it's simple and moisturizing too. It's clearing my skin quickly and so nicely~ I also use this with an exfoliating tool sometimes as well.

e6857e4b2174088ea365e1795fa4e683.jpg

And for a mask I'll use this soft clay pack from etude house, I just love Etude House products and this stuff seems to work nicely, it removes impurities and leaves your skin feeling smooth~

If I'm breaking out or something I will use a benzoyl peroxide cream ( I get it from my pharmacy) overnight, this stuff is magic <3 It works well for acne scars too. However it shouldn't be used too much!

images.jpg

Oh! And of course, for keeping my skin moisturized I use this organic coconut oil overnight, it's really great! <3 I just melt a bit in my hand and massage it into my skin, my skin is so smooth and even glowing the next day

seriously i see results the next day  :rlytearpls:

Anyway I'm happy after years and years of looking for products that actually work I have found some and I hope you all do too, don't give up~  :smile:

Edited by bunny
  • Like 2

I have combination skin and I have been really struggling with hormonal/stress acne but finally I have found a skincare routine that actually works and I wanted to share! :stare:

First of all I have tried soooo many products and they sometimes made my skin even worse :( I've figured out to stay away from salicylic acid! That works really well for some people but I think if you have sensitive skin like me then it may be too harsh? So I threw away those products and here's what I use now~

item_L_6320637_3608905.jpg

So first I use the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, bless this product! I use it sometimes twice a day, it's simple and moisturizing too. It's clearing my skin quickly and so nicely~ I also use this with an exfoliating tool sometimes as well.

e6857e4b2174088ea365e1795fa4e683.jpg

And for a mask I'll use this soft clay pack from etude house, I just love Etude House products and this stuff seems to work nicely, it removes impurities and leaves your skin feeling smooth~

If I'm breaking out or something I will use a benzoyl peroxide cream ( I get it from my pharmacy) overnight, this stuff is magic <3 It works well for acne scars too. However it shouldn't be used too much!

images.jpg

Oh! And of course, for keeping my skin moisturized I use this organic coconut oil overnight, it's really great! <3 I just melt a bit in my hand and massage it into my skin, my skin is so smooth and even glowing the next day

Anyway I'm happy after years and years of looking for products that actually work I have found some and I hope you all do too, don't give up~ :smile:

:stare: thanks for sharing! You dont use toner and stuff?

hello innisfree ordering dumpling-faces :ohla:  :ohbi:

has anyone gotten their sample of the green tea line yet? bc i haven't and because there was no 'track order' button, i started a chat with like customer service to ask where it is

lmao they asked if they could speak to me in chinese, and I happen to know Chinese.   :ohbi:  :ohla:   lol anyway they were like 'oh we sent the sample kits in big batches once or twice, and we just happened to send one yesterday' which i know could be a big lie because i say that to my parents about coming home late  :ohbi:  :ohla:  :ohla:  :ohbi: maybe they're like totally rushing to send it to me now.  they said it'll take around 1-3 weeks for my order to arrive.  finally.  after one month

has anyone gotten their sample of the green tea line yet? bc i haven't and because there was no 'track order' button, i started a chat with like customer service to ask where it is

lmao they asked if they could speak to me in chinese, and I happen to know Chinese.   :ohbi:  :ohla:   lol anyway they were like 'oh we sent the sample kits in big batches once or twice, and we just happened to send one yesterday' which i know could be a big lie because i say that to my parents about coming home late  :ohbi:  :ohla:  :ohla:  :ohbi: maybe they're like totally rushing to send it to me now.  they said it'll take around 1-3 weeks for my order to arrive.  finally.  after one month

I still don't have it.

LOL I should do the same thing. Start cursing at them in Chinese and shit

So guys.. Can you share your skin care, facial care specifically, routine? Like you use cleanser then moisturizer.. And so on.. And you can alao include tje products u are using..

Sure :)

In the morning, I only wash my face with Boscia's clean complexion cleanser. I massage the cleanser in with my hands, rinse it off, and usually I'm good to go. If I have acne, I'll spot treat a little with benzoyl peroxide (I use La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo). Oh, and I also moisturize with either Neutrogena visibly even spf30 moisturizer or La Roche Posay pigmenclar spf15 moisturizer depending on how dry my skin is. I have combination skin so it yoyos between dry and oily.

I usually don't wear any base makeup so I don't oil cleanse every day. I do it 3 to 4 times a week with Boscia's makeup breakup oil. 5 nights a week I use the Boscia clean complexion cleanser and a pore scrubber to wash my face. On 2 nights a week I use La Roche Posay's Effaclar purifying foaming gel with my Shiseido cleansing massage brush for some physical exfoliation. As for treatment, I use Stridex and Olay night resurfacing elixir. I use stridex for one evening, the elixir the next, and let my face rest. I repeat that. I also layer Effaclar Duo underneath if necessary. If my face feels dry, I use either La Roche Posay toleriane fluide moisturizer or Garnier gel-cream depending on how dry my face is.

I also use eye cream morning and evening (Origins eye doctor) I use a bunch of random lipbalms lying around so that varies quite a bit.

Edited by goddess1

I got mine like 2 weeks ago! But I also ordered some masks and used my first time customer code to get free EMS shipping. hahaha

Recommendations for facial moisturizers? My face feels dry and dehydrated around the cheek area lately no matter how much water I drink, and i'm not sure if it's because of the weather (the air has been pretty dry where I live). 

Also, I once stupidly tried to shave off the hair above my upper lips when I was 14-15 and thus now have a shaving bump (on left; irl it's actually on my right), so is there any product you guys recommend that I can use to get rid of it?