OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Hello, everyone..

Just asking if these products can give good or best results to my skin..

I searched for a cleanser, toner, serum, sunscreen,day/night cream... [Please suggest more...]

(I only searched products that can be purchased on drugstores near my house. I just want to have your opinions, since my skin is sensitive...)

Cleanser: Safeguard Derma Sense Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser

Toner: (1) Belo Pore Refining Whitening Toner (2) Belo Essentials AcnePro Treatment Toner [Note: I searched and I found out that toners mustn't have an alcohol in it since it will dry your face. (1) has alcohol, not sure at (2). In my case, do you think it's ok?]

Serums: (1) Vaseline Healthy White Serums SPF30 PA++ (2) Vaseline Total Moisture Serum [Note: These serums have SPFs/sun protection and I think it's enough to have this than a separate sunscreen. Also, if I'm not mistaken, (2) has already a moisturizer into it or enough ingredients to moisturize my face.]

Day cream/Night cream: (1) Pond's Age Miracle Cell ReGEN Day Cream (2) Pond's Age Miracle Cell ReGEN Night Cream

Another thing I found, Belo Essentials AcnePro 3-Step Clear Skin System...

Also I am looking for face masks and/or clay masks that focuses on oily face, black/whiteheads and for pores..

I found some products.. [Please suggest more...]

(1) Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
(2) Etude House I Need You Mask (2014)

(3) LANEIGE White Plus Renew Purifying Mask

And what's the use of creams? Like Nature Republic - Super Aqua Max Fresh Watery Cream [Please suggest more...]

Please guys... I need your opinions...

I don't know every single product; I have to look at the ingredients.

My dermatologist prescribed me some Retin A/Tretinoin and my face is peeling like crazy. Is there a way to stop this?

Exfoliate.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

So the regular black sugar mask is better than the strawberry one? Abt the serums and moisturizers. Im clueless. Can you rec me some?
Also idk how to explain this but i have these colorless spots on my face which are really visible in the sunlight. Idk how to describe these should i call em a bump or pimple like but not really pimples. They're really small. I wanna find a cure for this since this is the only problem i have with my skin besides black heads on my nose..

Fortunately ive never had pimple issues, im so glad >,,<.

Ive never tried the strawberry one, but since its the same brand and essentially the same product, just different ingredients and smell(?) I assume they will perform the same:) 

I havent bought any serums in a long time (so damn expensive lol) but i liked my sample of the faceshop eco serum, and ive heard many good reviews about the innisfree green tea serum (but like i said use samples first :D :D :D ) 

Moisturizer: I really like the Aveeno Moisturizer. It looks like this :Dc26-B004D282D8-1-l.jpg

And the Kiehls Gel moisturizer for the summer :)  

hmmmm i think i have those bumps around my eye area. LOL can someone help us >< ?????????

Tiny bumps that are not pimples! (Can someone help us on: what they are called and the solution ?) please :chu:  :chu:  :chu: 

Also is there anyone who uses the eskinol cleanser? I used to use it back in highschool and it really helped brighten my skin but i remember it having aloooot of alcohol  :unsure:  (sensitive af these days :( ) 

Does anyone have good recommendations for a toner? I'm looking for something to replace the Etude House one (sponsored by SHINee, I can't remember the name) I have since it's not that great.

A really inexpensive huge tub of toner that i use is the thayers witch hazel in rose petal

Looks like this : pGNC1-2805119t300x300.jpg

it really helps with calming down my skin :) 

Does anyone have good recommendations for a toner? I'm looking for something to replace the Etude House one (sponsored by SHINee, I can't remember the name) I have since it's not that great.

A really inexpensive huge tub of toner that i use is the thayers witch hazel in rose petal

Looks like this : pGNC1-2805119t300x300.jpg

it really helps with calming down my skin :)

Just be careful if your skin is sensitive, though. That's a little high in fragrance.

Guys, please answer my question! /And I think this is the reason why many people is doing or making a new threads because they want attention. I'll try it next time[emoji13] .

I can tell you about this one (innisfree clay mask) , 

it's not that great in comparison to the body shop seaweed clay mask! 

now the BS is really good!!!!! 

I'm test trying a vichy mask and ill tell you :$ 

Edited by xharuharux

Guys.. Please help me..

Male, Under 21, Asian, Light brown
Acne scattered with pimple marks (even in chest and some parts of the back), do not use make up
Whiteheads, blackheads, Sebaceous filaments
Oily skin
Mild (but my main problem is the 3 above, if I can count my pimples, maybe 10 and just on mild)
I eat many kinds of food but I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or do drugs..
Sensitive skin
Yes, i am stressed, basically because of school
For chest and back acne, almost clear.
Nowadays, since the vacation just got started, I sleep for about 8 to 9 hours, but late. But I sleep roughly 6 hours when there's school.

More info:
I visited a dermonatologist like 2 years ago, and my case at that time is severe. She recommended Teranex (soap) and Tretinoin (I forgot if 0.1% or 0.05%)..after that, the result is some pimple lost, but not totally done.. After that, I visit her again, and did something on my face.. While she is treating me, my face felt hot that I need to a fan.. Then, again, she recommended the same recommendation (diff. %)..then after that.. I stopped.. Then, after months, like 50% of pimple in my face gone.. And substituted with whiteheads.. Blackheads. . Etc.. After that, I did facial (if that's the name of it.. Or something else, where they got rid of things in your face..) they advice me to visit them and do facial again after 2 weeks.. then, the fool me, after just 2 days, use Master facial scrub.. Hahahaha.. And yes.. Things on my face came back.. I dunno if it is the effect of facial scrub or because it is normal because i didnt do facial again in 2 weeks.. Then, the fool me, continued using Master.. For months.. Then, changed to Vaseline Men.. Then, i stopped month ago.. Now, im here for your help guys.. I am thinking of doing facial again this weekend..

Is there any product that I can use? Do I need to cancel my schedule on facial this weekend? Please help me.. If anything, i also need toning, mosturizing, oily skin etc.. I need advices guys..

Wait.. I am interested in 'Nature Republic' and 'Innisfree' since I read many reviews that their products are really good..

*I apologize for my English.

There's no miracle products to treat acne without side effects. It sounds like you have hormonal acne. It's nothing to worry about, really. It'll disappear on its own in a few years. Everybody's had it at some point. Facials would help, I'm sure. But the results might be temporary as long as if your hormones are imbalanced. 

But do regularly cleanse and tone your face to prevent your current condition from aggravating. 

Edited by chutrue

Ive never tried the strawberry one, but since its the same brand and essentially the same product, just different ingredients and smell(?) I assume they will perform the same:) 

I havent bought any serums in a long time (so damn expensive lol) but i liked my sample of the faceshop eco serum, and ive heard many good reviews about the innisfree green tea serum (but like i said use samples first :D :D :D ) 

Moisturizer: I really like the Aveeno Moisturizer. It looks like this :Dc26-B004D282D8-1-l.jpg

And the Kiehls Gel moisturizer for the summer :)

hmmmm i think i have those bumps around my eye area. LOL can someone help us >< ?????????

Tiny bumps that are not pimples! (Can someone help us on: what they are called and the solution ?) please :chu:  :chu:  :chu: 

Also is there anyone who uses the eskinol cleanser? I used to use it back in highschool and it really helped brighten my skin but i remember it having aloooot of alcohol  :unsure:  (sensitive af these days :( ) 

These bumps are called milia. Perhaps you should decrease the amount of products you are putting around your eye area. Try using some kind of chemical exfoliant to get rid of them, if they don't disappear naturally.

I've got not patience and basically popped mine out (edit: not recommended).  

Edited by chutrue

These bumps are called milia. Perhaps you should decrease the amount of products you are putting around your eye area. Try using some kind of chemical exfoliant to get rid of them, if they don't disappear naturally.

ouuu thanks !!!!!! 

millia, i only put da nars or maybelline concealers around my eye! :( Maybe i should look for something more hydrating? 

Omg pop the tiny balls LOL you got BALLS gurlll!!!! 

ALSO guys the coverfx acne BB gel is really great so far! Helped with my hormonal acnes and chin pimple (side effect is dry skin though, So MOISTURIZE ) 

Edited by xharuharux

I do that too, to all of them :._.:

These bumps are called milia. Perhaps you should decrease the amount of products you are putting around your eye area. Try using some kind of chemical exfoliant to get rid of them, if they don't disappear naturally.

I have those on my cheeks but i rarely use any products!!!
Can you rec me a chemical exfoliant?
Wait i just googled milia but those are extreme!! Mine dont look like that. Mine are colorless and they're tiny. Is it the same thing? Edited by Lured

I have those on my cheeks but i rarely use any products!!!
Can you rec me a chemical exfoliant?
Wait i just googled milia but those are extreme!! Mine dont look like that. Mine are colorless and they're tiny. Is it the same thing?

LOL i just googled it, i dont really mind millia cause i wear glasses but if mine get as extreme as the google pics i may cry T.T 

chemical exfoliants are to extreme for my sensitive skin :( 

and The japanese CURE exfoliant did so many bad things to my skin :( 

LOL i just googled it, i dont really mind millia cause i wear glasses but if mine get as extreme as the google pics i may cry T.T

My skin is sensitive too and ive never used any chemicals on my face and im scared aswell.
Omg i always hear bad things about japanese products -yikes-

I dont think mine are milia. I think i just have clogged pores. :s

My skin is sensitive too and ive never used any chemicals on my face and im scared aswell.
Omg i always hear bad things about japanese products -yikes-

I dont think mine are milia. I think i just have clogged pores. :s

Haha. I'm sorry for scaring you guys. 

Dr. Dennis Gross' chemical exfoliating pads are pretty good. I've never tried any other chemical exfoliant so ... my reviews/experiences with it are pretty limited. 

Try using an exfoliator 1-2 times a week :D that usually helps ! I use and love the skinfoods brown sugar scrub ! (hope others can refer you to an accessible mask at a drugstore haha) 

It will also help with the dry patches !!! 

thank you! it works that day and the day after-as in my skin retains my moisturizer. 

but then my skin gets super dry after I shower. I feel like I'm never fully fixing the problem :(

and I don't want to over exfoliate. 

any advice?

thank you! it works that day and the day after-as in my skin retains my moisturizer. 

but then my skin gets super dry after I shower. I feel like I'm never fully fixing the problem :(

and I don't want to over exfoliate. 

any advice?

Everyone's skin gets drier. That's why you use your cleanser in the shower and follow up with the rest of your skincare routine.

Exfoliate once a week.

• Like 1

Everyone's skin gets drier. That's why you use your cleanser in the shower and follow up with the rest of your skincare routine.

Exfoliate once a week.

I figured but my skin will be really bothered that day (pink/red) even if I cleanse in the shower and put on moisturizer. 

I guess I need to go on the hunt for something that'll calm my skin after it gets that dry.

thanks

I figured but my skin will be really bothered that day (pink/red) even if I cleanse in the shower and put on moisturizer. 
I guess I need to go on the hunt for something that'll calm my skin after it gets that dry.

thanks

Korean sheet masks are a quick fix and moisturize the skin pretty well. Leader's insolution is a pretty good brand.

Korean sheet masks are a quick fix and moisturize the skin pretty well. Leader's insolution is a pretty good brand.

I've tried sheet masks and they're pretty good, I agree. But at $1 a piece (where I live) it adds up

and sometimes they're not feasible on the go. However, I've never tried one after a shower so thanks

for the recommendation! If it works, I'll probably end up using that and changing my routine around it.

I'll look into Leader's insolution too!

Does anyone recommend serums? are they hydrating or worth the money?