OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

I have completed all 4 steps like this

gpWPYqM.png

but why i cant still get the free sample?

rPHAPID.png

are you registered? or maybe you got logged out during the process 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

I have combination-dry skin (with my forehead and nose being oily but my cheeks being dry). 

I've started to get dry patches on my cheeks and my skin is slightly breaking out in those areas. 

I found a great cleanser that works and isn't drying, however my skin isn't retaining my moisturizer. It's not retaining any of the moisturizers I use. Did anyone else ever have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I have combination-dry skin (with my forehead and nose being oily but my cheeks being dry). 

I've started to get dry patches on my cheeks and my skin is slightly breaking out in those areas. 

I found a great cleanser that works and isn't drying, however my skin isn't retaining my moisturizer. It's not retaining any of the moisturizers I use. Did anyone else ever have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Try using an exfoliator 1-2 times a week :D that usually helps ! I use and love the skinfoods brown sugar scrub ! (hope others can refer you to an accessible mask at a drugstore haha) 

It will also help with the dry patches !!! 

Try using an exfoliator 1-2 times a week :D that usually helps ! I use and love the skinfoods brown sugar scrub ! (hope others can refer you to an accessible mask at a drugstore haha)

It will also help with the dry patches !!!

I ordered the strawberry black sugar mask. Will that help with the dry patches aswell? I have dry combination skin too.
Guys.. Please help me..

Male, Under 21, Asian, Light brown
Acne scattered with pimple marks (even in chest and some parts of the back), do not use make up
Whiteheads, blackheads, Sebaceous filaments
Oily skin
Mild (but my main problem is the 3 above, if I can count my pimples, maybe 10 and just on mild)
I eat many kinds of food but I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or do drugs..
Sensitive skin
Yes, i am stressed, basically because of school
For chest and back acne, almost clear.
Nowadays, since the vacation just got started, I sleep for about 8 to 9 hours, but late. But I sleep roughly 6 hours when there's school.

More info:
I visited a dermonatologist like 2 years ago, and my case at that time is severe. She recommended Teranex (soap) and Tretinoin (I forgot if 0.1% or 0.05%)..after that, the result is some pimple lost, but not totally done.. After that, I visit her again, and did something on my face.. While she is treating me, my face felt hot that I need to a fan.. Then, again, she recommended the same recommendation (diff. %)..then after that.. I stopped.. Then, after months, like 50% of pimple in my face gone.. And substituted with whiteheads.. Blackheads. . Etc.. After that, I did facial (if that's the name of it.. Or something else, where they got rid of things in your face..) they advice me to visit them and do facial again after 2 weeks.. then, the fool me, after just 2 days, use Master facial scrub.. Hahahaha.. And yes.. Things on my face came back.. I dunno if it is the effect of facial scrub or because it is normal because i didnt do facial again in 2 weeks.. Then, the fool me, continued using Master.. For months.. Then, changed to Vaseline Men.. Then, i stopped month ago.. Now, im here for your help guys.. I am thinking of doing facial again this weekend..

Is there any product that I can use? Do I need to cancel my schedule on facial this weekend? Please help me.. If anything, i also need toning, mosturizing, oily skin etc.. I need advices guys..

Wait.. I am interested in 'Nature Republic' and 'Innisfree' since I read many reviews that their products are really good..

*I apologize for my English. Edited by bryan13334

Guys.. Please help me..

Acne scattered with pimple marks (even in chest and some parts of the back), do not use make up
Oily skin
Mild (but my main problem is the 3 above, if I can count my pimples, maybe 10 and just on mild)
Sensitive skin
Nowadays, since the vacation just got started, I sleep for about 8 to 9 hours, but late. But I sleep roughly 6 hours when there's school.

More info:
I visited a dermonatologist like 2 years ago, and my case at that time is severe. She recommended Teranex (soap) and Tretinoin (I forgot if 0.1% or 0.05%)..after that, the result is some pimple lost, but not totally done.. After that, I visit her again, and did something on my face.. While she is treating me, my face felt hot that I need to a fan.. Then, again, she recommended the same recommendation (diff. %)..then after that.. I stopped.. Then, after months, like 50% of pimple in my face gone.. And substituted with whiteheads.. Blackheads. . Etc.. After that, I did facial (if that's the name of it.. Or something else, where they got rid of things in your face..) they advice me to visit them and do facial again after 2 weeks.. then, the fool me, after just 2 days, use Master facial scrub.. Hahahaha.. And yes.. Things on my face came back.. I dunno if it is the effect of facial scrub or because it is normal because i didnt do facial again in 2 weeks.. Then, the fool me, continued using Master.. For months.. Then, changed to Vaseline Men.. Then, i stopped month ago.. Now, im here for your help guys.. I am thinking of doing facial again this weekend..

Is there any product that I can use? Do I need to cancel my schedule on facial this weekend? Please help me.. If anything, i also need toning, mosturizing, oily skin etc.. I need advices guys..

Wait.. I am interested in 'Nature Republic' and 'Innisfree' since I read many reviews that their products are really good..

*I apologize for my English.

I recommend you to use products that are allergen-free, scentless, etc because it seems that you have really sensitive skin. Try drugstore brands. Also be really diligent about cleansing and moisturizing, especially for oily skin. Do you eat a lot of sugar? I've found that after eating candy or drinking soda I get breakouts.

If the facial treatment helped previously, then I don't see why you should cancel it. Maybe ask the beautician (or whoever carries out the treatment lol english) for recommendations how to maintain it.

I recommend you to use products that are allergen-free, scentless, etc because it seems that you have really sensitive skin. Try drugstore brands. Also be really diligent about cleansing and moisturizing, especially for oily skin. Do you eat a lot of sugar? I've found that after eating candy or drinking soda I get breakouts.

If the facial treatment helped previously, then I don't see why you should cancel it. Maybe ask the beautician (or whoever carries out the treatment lol english) for recommendations how to maintain it.

As I understand, i'll continue my facial treatment this weekend..

Scenario 1: If it's get better, should I buy a cleanser? 'Cause my classmates always recommend me diff. varieties of cleanser. (Since you know, for cleansing) Also, should I also buy a moisturizer? What products do you recommend?

Scenario 2: What if the facial treatment doesn't do anything good? Like it stays like my old face and doesn't clear. Do you recommend any products?

Anyways, as I mentioned some 'beauty products' earlier, what do you think is the best? Not like I'm going to use it or something, I just want to know your opinion. Or any products that are useful. Also, currently, do you yse any products?
(Please don't think too much. I just want to know your opinion to what will happen and what are the products that are useful.)

Thank you very much, by the way. You are such a good help. :D Edited by bryan13334

Scenario 1: If it's get better, should I buy a cleanser? 'Cause my classmates always recommend me diff. varieties of cleanser. (Since you know, for cleansing) Also, should I also buy a moisturizer? What products do you recommend?

Scenario 2: What if the facial treatment doesn't do anything good? Like it stays like my old face and doesn't clear. Do you recommend any products?

Anyways, as I mentioned some 'beauty products' earlier, what do you think is the best? Not like I'm going to use it or something, I just want to know your opinion. Or any products that are useful. Also, currently, do you yse any products?
(Please don't think too much. I just want to know your opinion to what will happen and what are the products that are useful.)

Thank you very much, by the way. You are such a good help. :D

Definitely buy a cleanser and a moisturizer hun! These steps are really important for any skin type! 

Hmm tbh I haven't found the perfect products for me either... since I have reaaally dry skin even on my face then I've even used hand cream (not too oily ofc) on my face. So I don't think my products would work for you... But if you have that brand where you are, then try Eucerin. They focus on products for sensitive skin. Mostly you just have to keep your eyes peeled for products that are fragrance free. I'm sorry I'm not a bigger help, I hope someone else can recommend products.

Though if you like korean products then try this link, that blogger seems to know what she's talking about.

Guys.. Please help me..

Oily skin
Sensitive skin

More info:

*I apologize for my English.

Yeah, I don't see a reason to cancel it if it's helping.

Everybody needs a cleanser and moisturizer. If you weren't using those two before, that's probably why your skin is bad. You probably have VERY oily skin, too. Really, you need to be using, at least, a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliator (not intended to be used everyday), and some kind of sunscreen (but sometimes moisturizers have some kind of SPF in them. 

Scrubs aren't meant to be used everyday. You'll end up causing microscopic cuts on your face. They're meant to be used about once every week.

I like Simple, because they don't have any fragrances. They're just a drugstore brand, so you won't be spending a ton of money.

Got so many stress pimples. D: I'm breaking out pretty badly along my chin with whiteheads. Any ways to relieve this?

Can't really recommend you something if you're stressed. You just need to destress.

Interesting thread...

Thank you?

Everybody needs a cleanser and moisturizer. If you weren't using those two before, that's probably why your skin is bad. You probably have VERY oily skin, too. Really, you need to be using, at least, a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliator (not intended to be used everyday), and some kind of sunscreen (but sometimes moisturizers have some kind of SPF in them. 

Scrubs aren't meant to be used everyday. You'll end up causing microscopic cuts on your face. They're meant to be used about once every week.

I like Simple, because they don't have any fragrances. They're just a drugstore brand, so you won't be spending a ton of money.

Can't really recommend you something if you're stressed. You just need to destress.

Thank you?

lol I made a rant and asked for help, but I decided to keep it to myself.  :hehe:

I have been buying a lot of products lately to help my daughter who has trouble skin, what really works for her is Innisfree Jejubija anti trouble cleansing gel. It is a very basic cleanser, good pH level, doesn't dry you out either. We use Mizon Snail Repair gel for a daytime moisturizer but the Innisfree Jejubija anti-trouble moisturizer is good too. I would also suggest the red box Stridex pads or the Korean COSRX BHA Skin Returning A-sol which you can use on your trouble areas. If you were on the tretinoin before and it helped you should look into that again. Another recommendation would be the Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin which is a hydrating toner good for reducing blemishes and healing existing ones. 

Edited by KrazyAjumma

I ordered the strawberry black sugar mask. Will that help with the dry patches aswell? I have dry combination skin too.

sadly it wont, i used it today and i still have my dry patches. BUT i havent put on a moisturizer can find any atm LOL! After you use the exfoliator, put on a hydrating serum and then a moisturizer to drastically lessen the dryness. Otherwise just exfoliate then moisturize! 

Tell me how it goes :) !!!! 

---- sigh i can feel my pimples coming -_-' worst feeling ever! >< 

sadly it wont, i used it today and i still have my dry patches. BUT i havent put on a moisturizer can find any atm LOL! After you use the exfoliator, put on a hydrating serum and then a moisturizer to drastically lessen the dryness. Otherwise just exfoliate then moisturize!

Tell me how it goes :) !!!!

---- sigh i can feel my pimples coming -_-' worst feeling ever! ><

So the regular black sugar mask is better than the strawberry one? Abt the serums and moisturizers. Im clueless. Can you rec me some?
Also idk how to explain this but i have these colorless spots on my face which are really visible in the sunlight. Idk how to describe these should i call em a bump or pimple like but not really pimples. They're really small. I wanna find a cure for this since this is the only problem i have with my skin besides black heads on my nose..

Fortunately ive never had pimple issues, im so glad >,,<.

Definitely buy a cleanser and a moisturizer hun! These steps are really important for any skin type! 

Hmm tbh I haven't found the perfect products for me either... since I have reaaally dry skin even on my face then I've even used hand cream (not too oily ofc) on my face. So I don't think my products would work for you... But if you have that brand where you are, then try Eucerin. They focus on products for sensitive skin. Mostly you just have to keep your eyes peeled for products that are fragrance free. I'm sorry I'm not a bigger help, I hope someone else can recommend products.

Though if you like korean products then try this link, that blogger seems to know what she's talking about.

Thank you?

I have been buying a lot of products lately to help my daughter who has trouble skin, what really works for her is Innisfree Jejubija anti trouble cleansing gel. It is a very basic cleanser, good pH level, doesn't dry you out either. We use Mizon Snail Repair gel for a daytime moisturizer but the Innisfree Jejubija anti-trouble moisturizer is good too. I would also suggest the red box Stridex pads or the Korean COSRX BHA Skin Returning A-sol which you can use on your trouble areas. If you were on the tretinoin before and it helped you should look into that again. Another recommendation would be the Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin which is a hydrating toner good for reducing blemishes and healing existing ones. 

Hello, everyone..

Just asking if these products can give good or best results to my skin..

I searched for a cleanser, toner, serum, sunscreen,day/night cream... [Please suggest more...]

(I only searched products that can be purchased on drugstores near my house. I just want to have your opinions, since my skin is sensitive...)

Cleanser: Safeguard Derma Sense Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser

Toner: (1) Belo Pore Refining Whitening Toner (2) Belo Essentials AcnePro Treatment Toner [Note: I searched and I found out that toners mustn't have an alcohol in it since it will dry your face. (1) has alcohol, not sure at (2). In my case, do you think it's ok?]

Serums: (1) Vaseline Healthy White Serums SPF30 PA++ (2) Vaseline Total Moisture Serum [Note: These serums have SPFs/sun protection and I think it's enough to have this than a separate sunscreen. Also, if I'm not mistaken, (2) has already a moisturizer into it or enough ingredients to moisturize my face.]

Day cream/Night cream: (1) Pond's Age Miracle Cell ReGEN Day Cream (2) Pond's Age Miracle Cell ReGEN Night Cream

Another thing I found, Belo Essentials AcnePro 3-Step Clear Skin System...

Also I am looking for face masks and/or clay masks that focuses on oily face, black/whiteheads and for pores..

I found some products.. [Please suggest more...]

(1) Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
(2) Etude House I Need You Mask (2014)

(3) LANEIGE White Plus Renew Purifying Mask

And what's the use of creams? Like Nature Republic - Super Aqua Max Fresh Watery Cream [Please suggest more...]

Please guys... I need your opinions...

Edited by bryan13334