Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Acnefree company needs to be burned  :>_>:

I used it for a week recently and it made my skin worse. 

lots of redness 

burn spots

zits in places i never had them before

Lets just say my face looks like a pizza. 

I stopped using it for a few days so far the redness has gone down a little. 

Last year I used proactiv throughout the year. It barely worked. 

How much did you use? I'd only do this as a last resort, but I heard that putting on an entire line of product containing benzoyl peroxide all over your face will cause it to be red; however, it made his acne go away. Acne Free was like the one product that helped my acne 

How much did you use? I'd only do this as a last resort, but I heard that putting on an entire line of product containing benzoyl peroxide all over your face will cause it to be red; however, it made his acne go away. Acne Free was like the one product that helped my acne 

not much 

just the right amount in the morning and night 

not much 

Acne Free has benzoyl peroxide which can dry out your skin. Did you have that?

Those with acne should try the caveman regiman (+ eating a relatively healthy diet, w/out any processed shit in it, ur skin is a reflection of whts going inside ur body):
http://www.thelovevitamin.com/3135/caveman-regimen/#.UumKKGJOnFo

I swear by it tht it works & I'm a person whose had pimples since elementary school & went to having clear skin after trying it out

Best part its free

(I've tried proactive, clean & clear, benzoyl peroxide, netrogena, "natural" facial cleansers, masks, facials, oil cleansers, apple cider vinegar & actually putting diff types food on my face out of desperation. None of tht shit works it ruins ur skin each & every one)

Those with acne should try the caveman regiman (+ eating a relatively healthy diet, w/out any processed shit in it, ur skin is a reflection of whts going inside ur body):
http://www.thelovevitamin.com/3135/caveman-regimen/#.UumKKGJOnFo

I swear by it tht it works & I'm a person whose had pimples since elementary school & went to having clear skin after trying it out

Best part its free

(I've tried proactive, clean & clear, benzoyl peroxide, netrogena, "natural" facial cleansers, masks, facials, oil cleansers, apple cider vinegar & actually putting diff types food on my face out of desperation. None of tht shit works it ruins ur skin each & every one)

Don’t ask me if the theories are correct, and I’m certain this isn’t going to work for everyone.

what worked for me

-getting rid of the bangs (or putting them away when I was at home and when Im sleeping)

-replacing pillowsheets more often

-only drink water, lots of water

my current facial regime is

morning:

wash with a warm washing cloth

moisturize (I use Nivea daycream)

evening:

remove makeup with milk lotion (I use Nivea)

wash with warm washing cloth

2x a week scrub face with small scrubbing towel

I had so bad skin few years ago. Used alot of products nothing seemed to work, then I stopped caring about those products, spent way too much money, and actually choose the 'natural' way and it worked. The acne didnt go away immediately, but it didnt return either!

I have clear skin now :)

Edited by Pinklett
  • Like 2

not much 

your skin is probably too sensitive to handle benzoyl peroxide...

does salicylic acid not work?

first of all, you might be overwashing your face and your face gets too dry... then your skin will overcompensate with more oil, making you flare up even more

try to not wash your face as much and moisturize

ummm don't take my experience for fact, but boscia and lush cleared up my face completely... they're expensive though :/

lifestyle is the most important and i'm pretty sure the ppl before me already talked about it so i'm not going to bore you more ^^

does essence = serum? can anyone recommend a good product (i think i have combination-dry skin)

Had to look it up since I don't use either. No, they're not the same thing. Essence concentrates on one specific thing such as skin whitening, hydration or acne care. Serum is just a higher concentrated form. 

http://www.wishtrend.com/glam/korean-skincare-products/

Combination skin is when your skin is both dry and oily. An example is when your T-zone is oily, but the rest of your face is dry. 

Just check my OP for my skin type; that's the only thing I can recommend. If yours matches closely to mine, it's more likely that you'll have similar results. 

You'll never 100% get rid of acne. The stuff you see in stores are treatments-not solutions. What type of skin do you have? That affects the results of these products A LOT. (Include if it's oily, dry, combination, common breakouts on forehead, cheeks, nose, etc, and what type of acne)
I used these 3 and they all did a pretty good job. Just be careful if you buy these because these products all contain benzoyl peroxide which can dry out your skin if you use too much (even if you have oily skin). 
full_size_24h_kit_burst.jpg13_24hour_group_480x336.jpg6802354_320x385.jpg

Ive been thinking of buying this, does it help with acne scars aswell??

Ive been thinking of buying this, does it help with acne scars aswell??

I don't know. lol. I can't tell whether it's the mask I use, the Neutrogena line, or even just time (because the skin won't produce as much melanin around those areas over time). I depend on my mask for fading because I know avocado masks fade scarring. You can just make your own if you want; it's really easy.

http://youtu.be/e--d_n073pc

There's also this

http://youtu.be/uQjgg_zfAs8

I don't know. lol. I can't tell whether it's the mask I use, the Neutrogena line, or even just time (because the skin won't produce as much melanin around those areas over time). I depend on my mask for fading because I know avocado masks fade scarring. You can just make your own if you want; it's really easy.

http://youtu.be/e--d_n073pc

There's also this
http://youtu.be/uQjgg_zfAs8

Oh thanks for the help, these videos seem interesting, never considered making my own masks or creams.

Oh thanks for the help, these videos seem interesting, never considered making my own masks or creams.

Bubzbeauty, the girl in the first video, has an endless amount of masks you can make at home. Same thing with Michelle Phan; she just put out a new one too.

There's also the super easy egg mask. Use the egg whites to reduce pore size and help control oil, and egg yolk as a moisturizer afterwards. That's seriously all you need. Those are probably the easiest and quickest masks out of all of them.

Bubzbeauty, the girl in the first video, has an endless amount of masks you can make at home. Same thing with Michelle Phan; she just put out a new one too.

There's also the super easy egg mask. Use the egg whites to reduce pore size and help control oil, and egg yolk as a moisturizer afterwards. That's seriously all you need. Those are probably the easiest and quickest masks out of all of them.

The egg mask sounds great! Definitely gonna try it. I wish I knew about these natural methods before, I regrettably tried 'OXY' boy did that stuff have side effects , lucky I didn't regularly use it and cause my skin any damage but that stuff is so dangerous in my opinion

Had to look it up since I don't use either. No, they're not the same thing. Essence concentrates on one specific thing such as skin whitening, hydration or acne care. Serum is just a higher concentrated form. 

http://www.wishtrend.com/glam/korean-skincare-products/

Combination skin is when your skin is both dry and oily. An example is when your T-zone is oily, but the rest of your face is dry. 

Just check my OP for my skin type; that's the only thing I can recommend. If yours matches closely to mine, it's more likely that you'll have similar results. 

thanks.

seems like we have the same skin type. does your skin work fine with using mask every other day? i only use it every sunday, then scrub 3x a week.

The egg mask sounds great! Definitely gonna try it. I wish I knew about these natural methods before, I regrettably tried 'OXY' boy did that stuff have side effects , lucky I didn't regularly use it and cause my skin any damage but that stuff is so dangerous in my opinion

Np. It's funny, I just put something about OXY in the OP, but it's only as a last resort.

thanks.

seems like we have the same skin type. does your skin work fine with using mask every other day? i only use it every sunday, then scrub 3x a week.

My skin is fairly sensitive, and it's just fine with using them every other day. Although, I don't always keep to the schedule too well because I tend to get a little lazy when it comes to masks, but for the times I felt motivated, it was fine.

It's recommended that you do a minimum of one mask per week, so you should be fine. I don't use any scrubs though. If you haven't been experiencing any problems with how often you do scrubs, you should be fine.

Does anyone here have experiences in dealing with hormonal acne? I don't know how rare my case is, but I have never had acne until I turn 20, and the areas where pimples break loose are only my forehead and chin. Sometimes my forehead is very clear, but on my chin the disgusting-looking pimples never go away. They remain small bumps and make the skin area around my lips terribly red all the time. Even though I take very good care of my skin and my body, those standard treatments that do wonder to most people (facial washing, drinking lots of water, get enough sleep, eat vegetable and fruits) don't help me at all. Not to mention that I'm very biologically vulnerable to break out should I try to eat something skin-damaging, even a bag of chips. 

Does anyone here have experiences in dealing with hormonal acne? I don't know how rare my case is, but I have never had acne until I turn 20, and the areas where pimples break loose are only my forehead and chin. Sometimes my forehead is very clear, but on my chin the disgusting-looking pimples never go away. They remain small bumps and make the skin area around my lips terribly red all the time. Even though I take very good care of my skin and my body, those standard treatments that do wonder to most people (facial washing, drinking lots of water, get enough sleep, eat vegetable and fruits) don't help me at all. Not to mention that I'm very biologically vulnerable to break out should I try to eat something skin-damaging, even a bag of chips. 

I know green tea is good with dealing with hormonal acne. Hormonal acne is caused by androgens, and drinking green tea reduces the amount of androgens your body produces. It's typical for people with hormonal acne to break out along the jaw line.

http://youtu.be/ErztOHMHhhs

There's also the Chinese girl in the OP that has a video on hormonal acne. 

http://youtu.be/qBvAIPEBRwo

If you're a girl, it gets really bad during periods most of the time. Also, if you're on birth control, it might screw up your skin too because it deals with hormones and everything. 

I know green tea is good with dealing with hormonal acne. Hormonal acne is caused by androgens, and drinking green tea reduces the amount of androgens your body produces. It's typical for people with hormonal acne to break out along the jaw line.

http://youtu.be/ErztOHMHhhs

There's also the Chinese girl in the OP that has a video on hormonal acne. 

http://youtu.be/qBvAIPEBRwo

If you're a girl, it gets really bad during periods most of the time. Also, if you're on birth control, it might screw up your skin too because it deals with hormones and everything. 

Ironically my pimples are unaffected by green tea, whether I drink it or using treatment product from tea tree; it even makes my skin hot sometimes. 

I thought birth control pill is actually good for your hormones. because it raises estrogen level? Some people reported their zits break loose after they stop using pills like idk. I'm currently using evening primose oil capsules to maintain hormonal balance; it seems to improve a little bit, but the following day after I had a cup of coffee my skin gets red and bumpy again. I am so jealous of people who can eat whatever they want or sleep late. (Once I pull an all-nighter for my essay; my chin become a trash land.)

Ironically my pimples are unaffected by green tea, whether I drink it or using treatment product from tea tree; it even makes my skin hot sometimes. 

I thought birth control pill is actually good for your hormones. because it raises estrogen level? Some people reported their zits break loose after they stop using pills like idk. I'm currently using evening primose oil capsules to maintain hormonal balance; it seems to improve a little bit, but the following day after I had a cup of coffee my skin gets red and bumpy again. I am so jealous of people who can eat whatever they want or sleep late. (Once I pull an all-nighter for my essay; my chin become a trash land.)

How long have you been keeping up with the green tea regimen?

It can be in some cases. I really wouldn't wanna screw with hormones though. 

Sorry, I haven't really dealt with hormonal acne, so my knowledge is really limited.

How long have you been keeping up with the green tea regimen?

It can be in some cases. I really wouldn't wanna screw with hormones though. 

Sorry, I haven't really dealt with hormonal acne, so my knowledge is really limited.

Not for long, because my skin doesn't like chemical products, so I don't usually anything on my skin except moisturizer. Not even makeup; I always go bare-faced.

I already knew everything I have to know about hormonal acne but just want to see if there is anyone here who has made real success with treating hormonal acne. Thanks anyway!

Not for long, because my skin doesn't like chemical products, so I don't usually anything on my skin except moisturizer. Not even makeup; I always go bare-faced.

I already knew everything I have to know about hormonal acne but just want to see if there is anyone here who has made real success with treating hormonal acne. Thanks anyway!

What? I mean like constantly drinking tea. Do you wash your face at all? You don't use ANY kind of regimen?

ive tried almost everything and the only thing that worked was accutane. but i don't recommend it. if you can avoid it, then good.

What? I mean like constantly drinking tea. Do you wash your face at all? You don't use ANY kind of regimen?

LOL i thought you were referring to tea tree skin care products. Of course I do drink tea and wash my face everyday, but it doesn't help.

The thing is, I have a mild case (I hope) of liver stones so maybe that's why my liver is not very good at detoxifying; hence, all the pimples. 

ive tried almost everything and the only thing that worked was accutane. but i don't recommend it. if you can avoid it, then good.

How dangerous is accutane? I am very cautious about going on medication now for fear of messing up my skin even more.

LOL i thought you were referring to tea tree skin care products. Of course I do drink tea and wash my face everyday, but it doesn't help.

The thing is, I have a mild case (I hope) of liver stones so maybe that's why my liver is not very good at detoxifying; hence, all the pimples. 

How dangerous is accutane? I am very cautious about going on medication now for fear of messing up my skin even more.

accutane is bad bad bad

don't take it if you can help it

i mean it helps with zits and everything... but accutane can also cause severe birth defects