Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Probably found the best bleaching/Tan removal product ever and it's pretty cheap 

My philipino friend bought me some soaps there and omg my face is now like 2 shades lighter and its only been less than 2 weeks. like seriously this is a miracle worker tbh

So I just found out my blackheads are sebaceous filaments and they never go away and I'm a guy so I can't wear makeup so bye gonna go die now.

Probably found the best bleaching/Tan removal product ever and it's pretty cheap 

My philipino friend bought me some soaps there and omg my face is now like 2 shades lighter and its only been less than 2 weeks. like seriously this is a miracle worker tbh

Not a big fan of bleaching products. If the products work, they're either temporary or damaging. 

So I just found out my blackheads are sebaceous filaments and they never go away and I'm a guy so I can't wear makeup so bye gonna go die now.

No one ever said that. Just wear some really natural makeup.

Not a big fan of bleaching products. If the products work, they're either temporary or damaging. 

No one ever said that. Just wear some really natural makeup.

Nah I'd never hear the end of it if I wore makeup. NGL if it was socially acceptable I'd be the first one to do it but it's kinda not and I'd rather not draw that kinda attention to myself.

Nah I'd never hear the end of it if I wore makeup. NGL if it was socially acceptable I'd be the first one to do it but it's kinda not and I'd rather not draw that kinda attention to myself.

If it's just foundation or something, no one will notice. Unless you got some really cakey foundation.

If it's just foundation or something, no one will notice. Unless you got some really cakey foundation.

Nah I'm pretty sure people would notice.

• Dislike 1

There are some really sheer bb creams that would work for a guy. Also try a face scrub a couple of times a week, use a bit of baking soda mixed into a paste with water or milk. It helps makes them lighter. 

There are some really sheer bb creams that would work for a guy. Also try a face scrub a couple of times a week, use a bit of baking soda mixed into a paste with water or milk. It helps makes them lighter. 

Not a good idea.

Not a good idea.

Oh yeah, forgot about the "natural" skin care police on here. lol 

I only ever used baking soda on my chin, not sensitive areas like my cheeks or around my eyes. You can use something else though like oats that you have ground in your blender. Yogurt or milk mixed into a paste, gently scrub, let it sit for a few minutes then rinse. 

I was thinking a CC cream would actually be better for a guy, they have very light coverage but are great for large pores or minor blemishes. 

Edited by KrazyAjumma

Baking soda is a bad idea. It is far too alkaline for your skin, will destroy your skin barrier, and allow bacteria to fester. Just because it is not in most skincare and is only one ingredient does NOT make it safer. I cannot stress this enough.

You don't have to use makeup to improve the look of your skin. If you have sebaceous filaments, try oil cleansing/massaging first. The cheapest option is baby oil (mineral oil+fragrance) but some people react negatively to the fragrance so patch test and take a look at the ingredient list/make sure that it has no other additives. You can buy unscented mineral oil in amazon. I personally like hempseed oil. Experiment to find out what works for you. Pour a quarter size on your palm, spread over your problem areas, and gently massage for 1 to 2 minutes. Oils do not mix with water so you have to do this on dry skin. Afterwards, wash your face like normal. You can do this 2 or 3 times a week. Later on, you can also add a BHA or AHA exfoliator such as stridex, Paula's choice, or St. Ives exfoliating pads as treatment after oil cleansing. Sebaceous filaments are permanent and they will come back. However, this will keep them at bay if done regularly.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, forgot about the "natural" skin care police on here. lol 

I only ever used baking soda on my chin, not sensitive areas like my cheeks or around my eyes. You can use something else though like oats that you have ground in your blender. Yogurt or milk mixed into a paste, gently scrub, let it sit for a few minutes then rinse. 

I was thinking a CC cream would actually be better for a guy, they have very light coverage but are great for large pores or minor blemishes. 

It doesn't matter where you use it on your face.

Guys don't have larger pores than women. It's not even something that's typical among men. Men typically have oilier and thicker skin.

It doesn't matter where you use it on your face.

Guys don't have larger pores than women. It's not even something that's typical among men. Men typically have oilier and thicker skin.

No, I meant CC cream would be better because it does a good job of covering small problems like sebaceous filaments, large pores and black heads, but isn't as thick as some BB creams so it might be a better option for a guy that didn't want to look like he was wearing makeup. 

Just discovered this thread and I need help guys.How to get rid of my dark eye circles? I sleep 6~8 hours a day, Im 17 and my skin is a light dark (I mean its not really dark to call it dark, but not really light to call it light) thnks! Edited by Galhardo

Just discovered this thread and I need help guys.How to get rid of my dark eye circles? I sleep 6~8 hours a day, Im 17 and my skin is a light dark (I mean its not really dark to call it dark, but not really light to call it light) thnks!

How bad is it? Is it as bad as seungri? If it is then better invest your money on good under eye concealer. If it is not that bad you can try googled for good eye cream for dark circle. I have dark circle as bad as seungri so i give up in trying to get rid of it, i mean if someone with tons of money like him cant get rid of it it is useless for me to try.... Edited by �ի℮ɾɾყ

Is there some way to stop getting lobster red, whenever you step into the sun in summer ? 

I don't want a tan,too. Not that I can tan.

How bad is it? Is it as bad as seungri? If it is then better invest your money on good under eye concealer. If it is not that bad you can try googled for good eye cream for dark circle. I have dark circle as bad as seungri so i give up in trying to get rid of it, i mean if someone with tons of money like him cant get rid of it it is useless for me to try....

a little bit darker than here [spoiler] 9ed093d60af809dbc1dfbcb7ce42a998.jpg [/spoiler] Edited by Galhardo

Is there some way to stop getting lobster red, whenever you step into the sun in summer ? 

I don't want a tan,too. Not that I can tan.

Have you tried sunscreen? :lol:

a little bit darker than here [spoiler] 9ed093d60af809dbc1dfbcb7ce42a998.jpg [/spoiler]

Invest in a good eye cream.

Put two spoons in the freezer, and in the morning, put them under your eyes.

Take a face wipe, put it under some water so it's damp, and put it in the freezer. Once it's frozen, you can put it under your eyes.

I have a really bad skin. I used most of the products that has been mentioned. Worked with side-effects. After that I learned,too oily is wrong. Too dry is itchy. Normal skin is a gift,sadly I don't have it.

Right now my treatment is only washing my face with warm water When I am showering or come back from outside. It does work wonder,my skin is not oily but sometimes itchy due to some food.

My skin is not entirely clear,but at least not really has a bad bad bad skin when I was a teen.

Diet works. It's no doubt.

But my only problem is,my face has a lot of...idk what it called, a hole cause from past pimples. Only that the only problem that I want to solve,sadly the only way to solve it is by surgery. :._.:

I have a really bad skin. I used most of the products that has been mentioned. Worked with side-effects. After that I learned,too oily is wrong. Too dry is itchy. Normal skin is a gift,sadly I don't have it.
Right now my treatment is only washing my face with warm water When I am showering or come back from outside. It does work wonder,my skin is not oily but sometimes itchy due to some food.
My skin is not entirely clear,but at least not really has a bad bad bad skin when I was a teen.
Diet works. It's no doubt.
But my only problem is,my face has a lot of...idk what it called, a hole cause from past pimples. Only that the only problem that I want to solve,sadly the only way to solve it is by surgery. :._.:

I was on YouTube and saw a video with a woman talking about a product she used called the TCA chemical peel. It's not a surgery but like this chemical you put on your face and the top layer of your skin peels off. Keep in mind that your face will turn pink since the new fresh layer is slowly being replaced. Your face wont be looking appealing for about a month or two. I'm not sure, but I think it could help the holes that are left on your face.

Invest in a good eye cream.
Put two spoons in the freezer, and in the morning, put them under your eyes.
Take a face wipe, put it under some water so it's damp, and put it in the freezer. Once it's frozen, you can put it under your eyes.

Hello girl I've never met before, do you know what to do to have an even facial skin tone. I don't have any severe hyper pigmentation, but I think it can look better.

Hello girl I've never met before, do you know what to do to have an even facial skin tone. I don't have any severe hyper pigmentation, but I think it can look better.

I'm not Nekci but I would look for products with arbutin. I have very fair skin and after my last pregnancy I had melasma, hyperpigmentation on my cheekbones and around my eyes. Last year I started using more Korean skin care products, many of which contain arbutin, and I noticed that it helped a lot. Now that I know what is helping I use a sheet mask like Leaders Vita Bright or Lioele Perfect Brightening once a week or so, there is enough serum left in the pack for me to use for a couple of days under my regular moisturizer. At night I use Mizon's Good Night White sleeping pack. During the day I use It's Skin Power 10 Formula GF Effector which is for sensitive skin and I love it but next I want to try the LI formula which has licorice for lightening freckles or the WH formula that has arbutin. 

I'm not Nekci but I would look for products with arbutin. I have very fair skin and after my last pregnancy I had melasma, hyperpigmentation on my cheekbones and around my eyes. Last year I started using more Korean skin care products, many of which contain arbutin, and I noticed that it helped a lot. Now that I know what is helping I use a sheet mask like Leaders Vita Bright or Lioele Perfect Brightening once a week or so, there is enough serum left in the pack for me to use for a couple of days under my regular moisturizer. At night I use Mizon's Good Night White sleeping pack. During the day I use It's Skin Power 10 Formula GF Effector which is for sensitive skin and I love it but next I want to try the LI formula which has licorice for lightening freckles or the WH formula that has arbutin.

oh really? Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to try it ^.^!! I have like a really hard time trying to have an even skin tone. I don't want to just rely on foundation.

I don't know what most people's skin concerns are here but as far as treatment for moderate acne and overall improvement of skin texture, I've had a life changing experience after starting Retin-A, also know as tretinoin, nightly. It basically promotes skin turnover and unclogs pores. You just have to make sure you wear sunscreen religiously since it makes you super light sensitive. Also, you'll peel and be a scaly monster for a good month then after that you'll have super smooth baby skin. Any one here with a similar experience?