OneHallyu

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

can anyone recommend a good AHA product? there's no stridex here, i've looked around

thanks!

well stridex is a BHA, so the low-cost AHA that's usually recommended over at /r/skincareaddiction is St.Ives scrub free exfoliating pads. Where are you located? If you can't find these things at drugstores, etc., you might order online. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like there are a lot of threads being dedicated to getting rid of acne and people seeking advice, so I decided to make a thread that probably won't catch on about getting clear skin where peo

they all suck, best advice I'd ever got was just use homemade treatments. 

The thing that you guys need to figure out first is whether you have black heads or Sebaceous Filaments.   I am pretty sure that you guys have the latter which can be identified as sebaceous filamen

well stridex is a BHA, so the low-cost AHA that's usually recommended over at /r/skincareaddiction is St.Ives scrub free exfoliating pads. Where are you located? If you can't find these things at drugstores, etc., you might order online. 

I got the St. Ives pads on amazon for less than $5. 

i thought it's bha + aha -_- silly

i live in canada and i'd probably be able to get stuff online if i can't get them locally.. i'd like more suggestions if anyone knows what's good?

i thought it's bha + aha -_- silly

i live in canada and i'd probably be able to get stuff online if i can't get them locally.. i'd like more suggestions if anyone knows what's good?

ughhhh I've heard it's hard to find a lot of brands in Can. But I use Paula's Choice because they last forever and have a minimum of ingredients (for instance, Stridex has menthol which is drying to some people)

can anyone recommend a good AHA product? there's no stridex here, i've looked around

thanks!

Olay is easily accessible to you, right? Their night resurfacing elixir isn't too shabby. I feel that results would happen faster if I used a product from Alpha Hydrox or Paula's Choice but I'm pretty happy with the elixir. I had sensitive skin (it's normal now) and it didn't break me out during that period. It also faded a lot of my acne scars. You can give that a try if you don't like ordering online and such :)

Edited by goddess1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been using more Korean beauty products since they're affordable and come with good quality. I've tried some brands like The Face Shop, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Etude House and Skin Food and I want to try out more but I just don't want to spend too much money on products to try and see which I like and suit the most so... I need your recs. :D

My skin is pretty strong but I have oily face. Acnes hardly ever show up but my big pores are pretty annoying. Until now I'm still fighting to reduce their size.   :unimpressed: If anyone knows which product actually works, that'd be great.

So far my favorite skin care products are:

• The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam. It leaves my skin smooth, firm and just feels really really good.  :ahmagah:  They have Lemon, Aloe Vera, Peach and Acerola variants and I think Acerola has the best scent followed by Peach. Lemon smells a bit too artificial for my liking. Haven't tried the Aloe Vera yet but all three gave the same effect to me. The only difference is the smell.
  • The Face Shop Green Tea Cleansing Cream. I think this is the best make up remover I've tried. It smells sooo good and it removes like, say 95% of your make up (even if you have the heaviest on!) so the only thing you need to do after is wash the rest with cleansing foam and it'll be clean and good. The only Thing I don't really fancy from it is the oily feeling during the cleaning process.
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Sheet. Most of Korean Mask Sheets are too big like they're expecting my face to be the size of Hulk's but this one fits the best. The feeling it gives after is also really good. I've tried the Acaiberry one and it makes my skin feel smoother and more firm after use.
  • The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Mini Pet Perfume Hand Cream. The packaging is very cute (which I can refill with anything once it's empty), it makes my skin like 3x smoother and they all smell really nice. My favorite is the Baby Powder scent.

I'm basically a fan of The Face Shop lol

What are your favorite Korean products?  :derp:

Edited by sublime

So I've been using more Korean beauty products since they're affordable and come with good quality. I've tried some brands like The Face Shop, Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Etude House and Skin Food and I want to try out more but I just don't want to spend too much money on products to try and see which I like and suit the most so... I need your recs. :D

My skin is pretty strong but I have oily face. Acnes hardly ever show up but my big pores are pretty annoying. Until now I'm still fighting to reduce their size.   :unimpressed: If anyone knows which product actually works, that'd be great.

So far my favorite skin care products are:

• The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam. It leaves my skin smooth, firm and just feels really really good.  :ahmagah:  They have Lemon, Aloe Vera, Peach and Acerola variants and I think Acerola has the best scent followed by Peach. Lemon smells a bit too artificial for my liking. Haven't tried the Aloe Vera yet but all three gave the same effect to me. The only difference is the smell.
  • The Face Shop Green Tea Cleansing Cream. I think this is the best make up remover I've tried. It smells sooo good and it removes like, say 95% of your make up (even if you have the heaviest on!) so the only thing you need to do after is wash the rest with cleansing foam and it'll be clean and good. The only Thing I don't really fancy from it is the oily feeling during the cleaning process.
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Sheet. Most of Korean Mask Sheets are too big like they're expecting my face to be the size of Hulk's but this one fits the best. The feeling it gives after is also really good. I've tried the Acaiberry one and it makes my skin feel smoother and more firm after use.
  • The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Mini Pet Perfume Hand Cream. The packaging is very cute (which I can refill with anything once it's empty), it makes my skin like 3x smoother and they all smell really nice. My favorite is the Baby Powder scent.

I'm basically a fan of The Face Shop lol

What are your favorite Korean products?  :derp:

Not a big fan of products with fragrance. 

helllo everybody!
i wanna ask what cream or mask would u recommend for acne scars? i always had them and i have them on my upper cheeks and forehead.
my skin is pretty sensitive and apparently my skin reacts well with natural remedies.
i only cleanse my face twice day and mosturize once a day lol
i dont use alot of drug store products because they tend to dry out my skin or they r just not good lol.
Soo what natural remedies would u guys recommend for acne scars lol
and these scars are old and ive been trying to find good acne scars remedy but no luck D:

helllo everybody!
i wanna ask what cream or mask would u recommend for acne scars? i always had them and i have them on my upper cheeks and forehead.
my skin is pretty sensitive and apparently my skin reacts well with natural remedies.
i only cleanse my face twice day and mosturize once a day lol
i dont use alot of drug store products because they tend to dry out my skin or they r just not good lol.
Soo what natural remedies would u guys recommend for acne scars lol
and these scars are old and ive been trying to find good acne scars remedy but no luck D:

Have you tried a good vitamin C serum? I use the Kiss My Face Ester C. 

I also really like the Leaders Insolution Vita Bright sheet mask, it really helps with newer red marks, I don't know about the long term effects on older scars because I have only used it a couple of times but I loved the way my skin looks and feels afterward. They also have an AC-Dressing one that is supposed to really help acne marks but I haven't tried it. I buy mine from beauteque.com. 

• Like 1

Have you tried a good vitamin C serum? I use the Kiss My Face Ester C. 

I also really like the Leaders Insolution Vita Bright sheet mask, it really helps with newer red marks, I don't know about the long term effects on older scars because I have only used it a couple of times but I loved the way my skin looks and feels afterward. They also have an AC-Dressing one that is supposed to really help acne marks but I haven't tried it. I buy mine from beauteque.com. 

Is that product actually good? I know vitamin C is very good for ur skin lol but i dont want to damage my face or anything sooo i know its actually worth buying it lmao

And those mask u recommended is it only available online?? lol

Edited by Jix96

Is that product actually good? I know vitamin C is very good for ur skin lol but i dont want to damage my face or anything sooo i know its actually worth buying it lmao

And those mask u recommended is it only available online?? lol

You really can't go wrong with vitamin C serums and Kiss My Face is a very reliable brand that doesn't use parabens, phthalates etc. 

I don't know about the masks, I live in a tiny town in the mountains far away from any big cities so I do most of my shopping online, if you live close to Korean stores you might could find them. 

• Like 1

You really can't go wrong with vitamin C serums and Kiss My Face is a very reliable brand that doesn't use parabens, phthalates etc. 

I don't know about the masks, I live in a tiny town in the mountains far away from any big cities so I do most of my shopping online, if you live close to Korean stores you might could find them. 

Oh haha but would u recommend buying those masks on the website u told me?

http://beauteque.com/

Or what other websites u would recommend to buy those masks?

I have oily/sensitive skin .. I don't get acne often ..(only during the time of the month) ..

But whenever i get acne,it leaves a dark mark .. I've tried Hiruscar and it doesnt really work .. Any recomendations guys ?

I live in Singapore .. it's very hot here so i tend to get oily throughout the day ..

I also tend to have the small bumps on the face around my eye area .. Like milia i think ..

Is there any way to remove it without getting it professionally done ?

Thank you  :chu:

I've got a red, flaky scalp and the prescription shampoo my dermatologist gave me seems to have stopped working. I heard it is a good idea to rotate different dandruff shampoos. Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders don't seem to work for me. I am looking for alternatives. Has anyone tried Neutrogena T-Gel?

Head and shoulders cause me dandruffs ..

I dont know where you're staying but Sunsilk the dandruff one removes mine permanently and my scalp feels really nice and not oily ..

Oh haha but would u recommend buying those masks on the website u told me?

http://beauteque.com/

Or what other websites u would recommend to buy those masks?

I'm not sure they have the AC dressing one, I know they have the vita bright, they are in the US so you don't have to wait for overseas shipping. Amazon has some but they are more expensive. 

Olay is easily accessible to you, right? Their night resurfacing elixir isn't too shabby. I feel that results would happen faster if I used a product from Alpha Hydrox or Paula's Choice but I'm pretty happy with the elixir. I had sensitive skin (it's normal now) and it didn't break me out during that period. It also faded a lot of my acne scars. You can give that a try if you don't like ordering online and such :)

I'll try to look for the Olay one, hopefully it works for me. Is it leave on, or wash off?

Paula's choice seems to be popular. .. my friend uses it herself and her skin is pretty good.

I'll try to look for the Olay one, hopefully it works for me. Is it leave on, or wash off?

Paula's choice seems to be popular. .. my friend uses it herself and her skin is pretty good.

You apply it just like you would apply a serum. Pat some on after washing your face and apply moisturizer afterwards if needed.

Paula's choice is a good option as well but it's not as accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

My skin has cleared up that my mom even commented. Mind you, I don't have acne but easily irritated skin and I get these bumps. Anyway, it all boils down to really simplifying my routine. I wash with black soap, moisturize with clinique dramatically different lotion and then seal with almond oil. I also added apple cider vinegar back to my routine which seems to work wonders even though it smells awful!

I exfoliate with a clay mask and a peel. 

I was just wondering to those Girls (or Guys) who wear make up and suffer with acne/bad skin in general how often do you wash your brushes/when to throw away sponges and what do you wash yours in? I tend to wash mine every other day unless they are super dirty and throw a sponge away once i've used it 2/3 times, because recently my skin has been horrendous and I haven't changed my skin routine/no change in diet anything so it must be something to do with my brushes. 

if you have acne.. any type of acne its very important to sanitize your brushes it's kinda like how when you clean/disinfect your contacts you can't just like rinse them with water you always have to use the right solution properly. I recommend using a instant brush cleanser or just rubbing alcohol each time after applying makeup each day. I have isopropyl rubbing alcohol in Australia called isocol, bassically i squirt some on a toilet tissue, swirl my brushes in them to disinfect the brush and alcohol removes some makeup because (chemistry talk here) but it's to do with having both non-polar and polar ends in its structure.

Anyway every end of the week no matter how many times you wore makeup that week I always deep cleanse my brushes. Now you don't have to buy some extravagant ass "Brush cleansing fluid" literally a really 'strong' kind of face wash can do, ones that easily remove makeup (like them Korean foaming face washes.. I'm using Tony Moly Clean Dew Foam Cleanser bc it breaks me out and dries out my skin on my body so just finishing it up as a brush cleanser and not really wasting my money bc it only cost like $4 each) or baby shampoo or just regular drugstore/supermarket shampoo like $4 each will do. Or the youtube videos like a mixture of olive oil and detergent as your brush cleanser. Or if you have a daiso the Daiso Sponge Detergent is awesome and very cheap and works on both brushes and makeup sponges. Basically with deep cleansing you rinse your brushes completely clean until you see no makeup colour coming out when you wash and if the brush is truely its colour when you first bought it it is completely clean. My Sigma f80 is not stained yellow with foundation because I clean it properly (this is after owning the brush since 2012).. if you have a stain its because you are not cleansing your brushes 100% completely and thats bad because you can harbour bacteria that way and acne is an inflammatory skin condition that is exacerbated when you spread bacteria around your face (such as an unclean brush) or just generally facial oils that provide food for the P. acnes bacteria to feed on. After deep cleansing its a good idea to sanitize your brushes with rubbing alcohol or you can use antibacterial hand wipes but theyre more expensive.

I don't own makeup sponges at all but from what I've definitely read cleansing the beauty blender is difficult unless you use a strong detergent/cleanser like the beauty blender cleanser or the Daiso detergent. In my opinion owning a sponge is harder to clean than brushes and especially if you have acne and oily acne prone skin its important to make sure you are using clean makeup sponges, brushes or sanitised fingers before you apply and remove makeup on your face, otherwise you are going to promote more breakouts

also people like me who always get non-inflammatory acne (the closed comedones.. stuff like whiteheads always popping up) you have to make sure you're using a clean brush etc too because this is hygiene for your acne.. if you're too lazy to wash your brush just use sanitized fingers instead to apply your makeup that day, don't risk it

• 3 weeks later...
Random do u guys know a good store online to buy the Leaders Insolution Mask AC Dressing? lol I wanna know bc I'm having a hard time finding one and a cheap one because I found one on eBay that costed $20 for one mask .___.

^Also, I would like to ask about using makeup,
I use sponges to put foundation on my face and how many times would u recommend to clean those sponges? and how many months or days do you use the sponges until u throw it away?
And is it OK to clean the sponges by using hand soap? or as you've said to use alcohol to clean sponges lol

Random do u guys know a good store online to buy the Leaders Insolution Mask AC Dressing? lol I wanna know bc I'm having a hard time finding one and a cheap one because I found one on eBay that costed $20 for one mask .___.

^Also, I would like to ask about using makeup,
I use sponges to put foundation on my face and how many times would u recommend to clean those sponges? and how many months or days do you use the sponges until u throw it away?
And is it OK to clean the sponges by using hand soap? or as you've said to use alcohol to clean sponges lol

iMomoko has them $1.99 and they ship from the US. Might want to get a few things though since shipping is like 5.99.