Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

What about the other Etude products? Like I was thinking about getting the Malgem Smoother toner? I know that there masks are kinda dry but I think that their BB cushion isn't too bad.

I've heard from a few people that the malgem smoother toner doesn't really work! But I guess it kinda varies on everyone  :._.:  what are you aiming for? smaller pores or...? and yeah they have decent BB  :lol: but other products are known to be cheap because in Korea etude is one of the cheap products like you'll use it when you're in middle school kinda thing? Mainly for makeup and facial packs though I heard their facial wash is quite okay

Dermatologists  :omgwtf:

HAHAHA sorry! But back acnes are the worst and the fastest way of getting rid of them is by going to the dermatologist  :unimpressed:  

HAHAHA sorry! But back acnes are the worst and the fastest way of getting rid of them is by going to the dermatologist  :unimpressed:  

Estheticians >>> dermatologists 

I've heard from a few people that the malgem smoother toner doesn't really work! But I guess it kinda varies on everyone  :._.:  what are you aiming for? smaller pores or...? and yeah they have decent BB  :lol: but other products are known to be cheap because in Korea etude is one of the cheap products like you'll use it when you're in middle school kinda thing? Mainly for makeup and facial packs though I heard their facial wash is quite okay

Well I have these tiny bumps on my face, not acne, so I was wondering if the toner could smooth it out. Lol probably because of the jacked up prices online that I thought Etude was better than drug store  :lol:

Well I have these tiny bumps on my face, not acne, so I was wondering if the toner could smooth it out. Lol probably because of the jacked up prices online that I thought Etude was better than drug store  :lol:

I get what you're saying haha etude seems so expensive online but it actually sells really cheap products~ I honestly don't have a lot of experiences with toners cause I don't use them that much but I used perricone MD for a bit and it was good! A lot of people I know recommends it as well but the price tag is a little hefty :unsure: http://www.perriconemd.com/category/skin+care/exfoliators+%26+toners.do?nType=1

Tip: Do not buy "the first sleeping whitening mask" or whatever that bullshit is called from nature republic. It does not lighten your skin whatsoever.

Whelp, whitening products effects are temporary, and if they're not temporary, that's seriously damaging your skin. 

I used exfoilaters twice a day and the most important advice I would give is CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASES every at least, 2 days or so, it really does work (for me anyway)

I used exfoilaters twice a day and the most important advice I would give is CHANGE YOUR PILLOWCASES every at least, 2 days or so, it really does work (for me anyway)

o.o Exfoliators twice a day? That's really bad for you. 

I get what you're saying haha etude seems so expensive online but it actually sells really cheap products~ I honestly don't have a lot of experiences with toners cause I don't use them that much but I used perricone MD for a bit and it was good! A lot of people I know recommends it as well but the price tag is a little hefty :unsure: http://www.perriconemd.com/category/skin+care/exfoliators+%26+toners.do?nType=1

Yeah I am a broke college student so I can't afford that  :rlytearpls:

What does pillow case and exfoliating have to do with each other? Does your skin get clogged more if you don't change your pillow case often?

What does pillow case and exfoliating have to do with each other? Does your skin get clogged more if you don't change your pillow case often?

Oils from your face and hair can be absorbed into your pillowcase when you sleep. If you don't change it, it accumulates dirt and oils, which I'd think makes your face prone to breaking out overnight.

o.o Exfoliators twice a day? That's really bad for you.

I do one in the morning and one before I go to sleep, is that bad omg I didnt know :(

Spots are usually caused by excess oils which block pores in the skin. Your pillow case and your hands are a rich source of oil and dirt so keep them away from your face, and with regards to your pillowcase change it every so often(or flip it around a few times before changing it again)

Changing pillowcase on a regular basis is good, but exfoliating twice a day isn't :unsure: 

Your skin naturally exfoliates about every 2 weeks. Manual exfoliation just helps with frequency in between. But if you're sloughing off your skin cells that often, the skin will become very sensitive because it hasn't even gotten the chance to recover.

I do one in the morning and one before I go to sleep, is that bad omg I didnt know :(

You should cleanse in the morning and at night, but you shouldn't exfoliate that often. 

Anyone here ever used the Clarisonic (or something similar) before? A lot of skincare videos on Youtube include them but it's so expensive.

Anyone here ever used the Clarisonic (or something similar) before? A lot of skincare videos on Youtube include them but it's so expensive.

I had one. If you think it's expensive, don't get it - this scrublet at sephora works just as well and is a lot gentler on your skin.

http://www.sephora.com/precision-pore-cleansing-pad-P262041

I began using this after my clairsonic died on me and I love it :ahmagah:

I had one. If you think it's expensive, don't get it - this scrublet at sephora works just as well and is a lot gentler on your skin.

http://www.sephora.com/precision-pore-cleansing-pad-P262041

I began using this after my clairsonic died on me and I love it :ahmagah:

I went to Sephora today (for the first time in like 3 years) but I didn't buy anything LOL  :lol: should've bought it when i was there.  thanks!

$8 CDN  :ahmagah:

I went to Sephora today (for the first time in like 3 years) but I didn't buy anything LOL  :lol: should've bought it when i was there.  thanks!

$8 CDN  :ahmagah:

Yup! Spend the rest of that money on more worthwhile things :lol:

I've never had or tried one myself, but my cousin had one, and her skin was so good :smile:

I've got a red, flaky scalp and the prescription shampoo my dermatologist gave me seems to have stopped working. I heard it is a good idea to rotate different dandruff shampoos. Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders don't seem to work for me. I am looking for alternatives. Has anyone tried Neutrogena T-Gel?

I've got a red, flaky scalp and the prescription shampoo my dermatologist gave me seems to have stopped working. I heard it is a good idea to rotate different dandruff shampoos. Selsun Blue and Head and Shoulders don't seem to work for me. I am looking for alternatives. Has anyone tried Neutrogena T-Gel?

Aveda Scalp Benefits balancing shampoo. It's kind of expensive for me so I alternate it with Ogx Australian Teatree shampoo or even the Ogx Teatree Mint shampoo works ok for me. 

3 of my friends have it and love it
Their skin is super clear thanks to it!