Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

how the SNIK SNAK do people wash their face without having water run down to their elbows every single time? i also hate washing my face properly bc i can feel my hair sticking to my face

how the SNIK SNAK do people wash their face without having water run down to their elbows every single time? i also hate washing my face properly bc i can feel my hair sticking to my face

Magic

Put your hair back then.

You can tie your hair back or use a headband, maybe something like this.  :lol:

Is there anything I can use to get rid of dark spots from chest acne? It's been appearing for months now but the dark spots have still not faded away.

Is there anything I can use to get rid of dark spots from chest acne? It's been appearing for months now but the dark spots have still not faded away.

an AHA (glycolic acid, lactic acid). also if it's an exposed area wear sunscreen. vitamin c serum works for PIH but most people use that on their face....

I actually keep a towel near the sink, and I pat my arms on it when necessary to keep the water from running all the way up my arm as I wash my face LOL :derp:  Don't worry, you're not alone on that one.

Kojic Acid is a natural ingredient that reduces pigmentation by inhibiting excess melanin. It's really popular in whitening products, but also products that reduce acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation, etc. I've been using it on awful dark scars on my back and they've been lightening up :) If you're interested, I recommend Kojie San soap. Just make sure to moisturize and use SPF if your skin will be exposed to sunlight.

Hello ~  :lol: 

I've been reading through what you guys wrote today and I'm grateful for everyone's input. I'm Arabic, 18-years-old, I have tan-ish skin (I don't know the exact shade number), I have oily skin in the summer/spring, and extremely dry skin in the fall/winter... I don't use any make-up on a regular basis (only once or twice a month if I have a party or something, but even then I don't apply too much, just BB cream). I didn't always struggle with my skin, but these past six months or so it's been driving me crazy. I have a mild comedonal acne with a dash of blackheads and a ton of scars from forcefully popping pimples (I can't help it).

I eat an exceptional amount of salty and greasy food, and lots of sugary stuff. No drugs, no alcohol, cigarettes, nor prescribed medication. My skin is... mmm... in between sensitive and strong. I'm stressed two days per week, and I typically sleep between 7-13 hours (I know that's crazy, but I'm a sucker for sleep)Brownish/blackish scars. Just my face and upper back acne, the rest is fine. 

I've tried a lot of products and remedies and here is what worked and what didn't.

Didn't Work- 

> Toothpaste

> Lemon (ouch, man)

Worked, but was a hassle-

> Honey mask

> Facial Sauna

Worked-

> St. Ives Apricot Blemish Scrub

[spoiler]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuonazHv3aJkHpEsMfdzD[/spoiler]

> Tea Tree Face Mask from the Body Shop

[spoiler]tea-tree-face-mask_l.jpg[/spoiler]

> Washing my face with organic black seed soap bar. I don't know if this is readily available in stores (I doubt it is), but if you want you can order one from Amazon or something. You can use it for everything (even your hair) and it's awesome. It's more gentle for the face than regular brand soap bars and, with continuous use, I've noticed that it has made a difference.

> Rose water. I bought one of those cheap spray bottles from Five Below, filled it with rose water, and I just left it next to the sink.. whenever I wash my face or just walk by it, I spray myself. It helped my poor scars' soul heal faster.

> Face brushes really help too. Just don't get the really cheap kind. 

:smile:

Just wondering if anyone has tried anyone of these products. You probably haven't but I guess this is worth a shot.

Paula's Choice Skin Masks

Paula's Choice Luscious Lips Duo

It is because I am doing a giveaway for these on another forum but I have never actually used them.

Also, send me a message if you are interested in joining the giveaway!

Does anybody have acne pretty much exclusively on their forehead? Mine's not cystic or intense, really, just bumpy and goddamn annoying -.- Easily aggravated, too! Only antibiotics seem to help me.. 

Does anybody have acne pretty much exclusively on their forehead? Mine's not cystic or intense, really, just bumpy and goddamn annoying -.- Easily aggravated, too! Only antibiotics seem to help me.. 

Have you tried using stridex before? They pretty much got rid of all my forehead acne.

And is that Youngji in your sig? Her blush placement's gorgeous :ahmagah:

Have you tried using stridex before? They pretty much got rid of all my forehead acne.

And is that Youngji in your sig? Her blush placement's gorgeous :ahmagah:

Stridex? As in the pads? No I haven't...may check it out! Do drugstores sell it?

Yup, tis the queen :D I love her smile

Stridex? As in the pads? No I haven't...may check it out! Do drugstores sell it?

Yup, tis the queen :D I love her smile

Yes stridex are sold in drugstores. CVS, walgreens, and rite aid all offer them. They aren't that expensive either :lol:

• Like 1

Yes stridex are sold in drugstores. CVS, walgreens, and rite aid all offer them. They aren't that expensive either :lol:

Ooh awesome might try it out! My forehead is literally the bane of my existence -.-
Thxx!

Hi guys! 

Is there  a way to get rid of back acne? They need to go asap.  :._.:

I tried this but they don't really help?

OMG+trouble+mist-500x500.jpg

Thank you <3

Edited by Ishorei

I get the occasional pimple from time to time; most of my redness troubles are on my lower jawline and neck. But I've been really annoyed with those blackheads. I have them on my nose, upper cheeks and the middle of my brow. At a distance, they're not that noticeable, but when I get up and give myself a good look in the mirror, I know they're there and it bugs me. 

Unfortunately, my skin is both prone to oil buildup and dryness. I usually give my face a rinse in-between classes when I'm out on campus and give myself a good wash twice at the beginning and end of the day. I don't invest too much into skin products, but that's about to change. I've tried some dermatologist-recommended creams in the past, but I'll be the first to admit I was a bit too lax on the daily regimen. 

I get the occasional pimple from time to time; most of my redness troubles are on my lower jawline and neck. But I've been really annoyed with those blackheads. I have them on my nose, upper cheeks and the middle of my brow. At a distance, they're not that noticeable, but when I get up and give myself a good look in the mirror, I know they're there and it bugs me. 

Unfortunately, my skin is both prone to oil buildup and dryness. I usually give my face a rinse in-between classes when I'm out on campus and give myself a good wash twice at the beginning and end of the day. I don't invest too much into skin products, but that's about to change. I've tried some dermatologist-recommended creams in the past, but I'll be the first to admit I was a bit too lax on the daily regimen. 

It sounds like you're washing your face a little too much; your face is dry as a result and tries to overproduce oil to compensate; hense why you are both dry and oily. I would eliminate the midday face wash for a few days and see if your skin improves.

Edited by goddess1

It sounds like you're washing your face a little too much; your face is dry as a result and tries to overproduce oil to compensate; hense why you are both dry and oily. I would eliminate the midday face wash for a few days and see if your skin improves.

I had oil troubles before I started getting into a habit of regular washing, although that sounds like it could be plausible. Whenever I come out of the shower, my face is almost always really dry and flaky. 

Edited by Charlie_

I had oil troubles before I started getting into a habit of regular washing, although that sounds like it could be plausible. Whenever I come out of the shower, my face is almost always really dry and flaky. 

That's what happens to a lot of people. Throw on moisturizer after the shower then. 

Hi guys! 

Is there  a way to get rid of back acne? They need to go asap.  :._.:

I tried this but they don't really help?

OMG+trouble+mist-500x500.jpg

Thank you <3

For back acne I think the easiest way is to go to the dermatologist... and try not to use Etude products especially on acne! Cause tbh Etude has cheap products that don't really work well (besides their BB cream but there's a lot of bb cream out there better than Etude's)

For back acne I think the easiest way is to go to the dermatologist... and try not to use Etude products especially on acne! Cause tbh Etude has cheap products that don't really work well (besides their BB cream but there's a lot of bb cream out there better than Etude's)

What about the other Etude products? Like I was thinking about getting the Malgem Smoother toner? I know that there masks are kinda dry but I think that their BB cushion isn't too bad.

What about the other Etude products? Like I was thinking about getting the Malgem Smoother toner? I know that there masks are kinda dry but I think that their BB cushion isn't too bad.

My daughter loves Etude House AC Clinic foam cleanser and red spot balm. It's the only thing that keeps her breakouts to a minimum. If she runs out then bam, red spots all across her cheeks, then within 2-3 days of using it again she clears right up. 

My daughter loves Etude House AC Clinic foam cleanser and red spot balm. It's the only thing that keeps her breakouts to a minimum. If she runs out then bam, red spots all across her cheeks, then within 2-3 days of using it again she clears right up. 

is the balm the one where it is a pink bottle where you are not supposed to mix the powder?

is the balm the one where it is a pink bottle where you are not supposed to mix the powder?

That's the pink powder spot, the balm is a white cream in a little glass jar. 

Dermatologists  :omgwtf: