Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Hey guys, I just got a bottle of 100% pure jojoba oil.....how should I use it? I tried to remove my make-up with it but when I try to wash it off with water, it leaves this oily residue and film on my face. Also it says on the bottle that it is great for clogged skin, how would the oil help? 

Also so I have this super annoying hole on my cheek, like whenever I squeeze the nasty stuff out (it is like a solid plug) it leaves this like hole in my face :cry: . And then the next day the hole is filled up again, like I try to leave it alone but it just gets really gross and it turns into this bump and the stuff inside of it oxidizes and turns black/gray. I don't know what to do, I don't want to squeeze it and get broken cappilaries but the bump is so annoying and the hole is huge like it isn't like a pore but more like an actual hole!! 

Thanks in advance for the help cuties!  :chu: 

Hey guys, I just got a bottle of 100% pure jojoba oil.....how should I use it? I tried to remove my make-up with it but when I try to wash it off with water, it leaves this oily residue and film on my face. Also it says on the bottle that it is great for clogged skin, how would the oil help? 

Also so I have this super annoying hole on my cheek, like whenever I squeeze the nasty stuff out (it is like a solid plug) it leaves this like hole in my face :cry: . And then the next day the hole is filled up again, like I try to leave it alone but it just gets really gross and it turns into this bump and the stuff inside of it oxidizes and turns black/gray. I don't know what to do, I don't want to squeeze it and get broken cappilaries but the bump is so annoying and the hole is huge like it isn't like a pore but more like an actual hole!! 

Hey babe <3

Jojoba oil is great! :D It's noncomedogenic and can do wonders when used as a moisturizer. However, all oils will leave a film. Jojoba is more tenacious than mineral oil so yeah, it would take more work to remove jojoba oil ^^ you definitely need to follow through with a cleanser.

And ew. Plugs :omg: I hate them so much. I actually DO squeeze plugs even though I'm not supposed to OTL. Then I cleanse with alcohol and put a little piece of stridex over it in the evening. Actually, don't listen to me. No picking at your skin! :horror:

Have you seen the Nexcare pimple stickers? They are nothing more than a gel bandage that protects the wound and also draws out the fluid. I find they work wonders overnight on big blemishes and they also keep you from picking at them and gives them time to heal. 

Use the oil and then a cleanser right after to get rid of the residue. 

Just a very quick / random question! Has anyone else here used this?

2611_75281790902_7346125_n.jpg

(Also, does anyone have a solution for tiny facial hairs?)

I WANT TO TRY THAT SO BADLY ASKLFHKLASHFDKLH but it's not that easy to get here without online buying T___T

Does it exfoliate well? :D

As for facial hairs, have you tried hair removal creams specifically designed for the face?

I WANT TO TRY THAT SO BADLY ASKLFHKLASHFDKLH but it's not that easy to get here without online buying T___T

Does it exfoliate well? :D

As for facial hairs, have you tried hair removal creams specifically designed for the face?

Nope I've never tried those! I'll keep my eyes out :D

And yeah it does! Only downside is that after a while it starts drying so it gets a bit thicker? And it can't really be helped since the bottle is pretty big and exfoliating too often isn't recommended...

I've used it: It's very gentle on the skin and it leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. You can visibly see the dead skin cells when your're using it and from my experience, after using it for a few weeks I noticed that whenever I used the gel there were fewer dead skin cells. I don't use it any more since I've moved onto using chemical exfoiliants but I would recommend this.

Edited by Vee

Hey babe <3

Jojoba oil is great! :D It's noncomedogenic and can do wonders when used as a moisturizer. However, all oils will leave a film. Jojoba is more tenacious than mineral oil so yeah, it would take more work to remove jojoba oil ^^ you definitely need to follow through with a cleanser.

And ew. Plugs :omg: I hate them so much. I actually DO squeeze plugs even though I'm not supposed to OTL. Then I cleanse with alcohol and put a little piece of stridex over it in the evening. Actually, don't listen to me. No picking at your skin! :horror:

Hey honey :chu:

How many drops would I need to use it as a moisturizer, and I guess I will oily use it at night since I already produce enough oil to fry a dozen eggs every day OTL

I keep seeing people posting online about massaging your face with oil and the plugs app. automatically come out......the pics are disgusting but yet so fascinating. :omg:  I know what you mean, I have broken ccapillarieson my face b.c I always pick on my face and nose but I CAN'T STOP  :rlytearpls: .

Why can't I just have amazing skin like celebrities  :cry: ; oh also have you heard about using milk as a cleanser or a toner wash thing? I saw something on tv today but my Chinese sucks so I didn't know what they were saying about it...... :._.:

Have you seen the Nexcare pimple stickers? They are nothing more than a gel bandage that protects the wound and also draws out the fluid. I find they work wonders overnight on big blemishes and they also keep you from picking at them and gives them time to heal. 

Yes!! I love those stickers but one time, I had the hole open b.c the plug came out and I slapped a sticker on but then the next day the hole got inflamed and swollen, there was gross white pus inside of it.....there was white stuff on the sticker too but I had a huge white pus filled acne ball on my face TT-TT......so I can't use the stickers on my holes. 

Use the oil and then a cleanser right after to get rid of the residue. 

I have been doing that but I am lazy and that takes too much effort sometimes.................haha I am such a lazy bum  :hurr:

How many drops would I need to use it as a moisturizer, and I guess I will oily use it at night since I already produce enough oil to fry a dozen eggs every day OTL

I keep seeing people posting online about massaging your face with oil and the plugs app. automatically come out......the pics are disgusting but yet so fascinating. :omg:  I know what you mean, I have broken ccapillarieson my face b.c I always pick on my face and nose but I CAN'T STOP  :rlytearpls: .

Why can't I just have amazing skin like celebrities  :cry: ; oh also have you heard about using milk as a cleanser or a toner wash thing? I saw something on tv today but my Chinese sucks so I didn't know what they were saying about it...... :._.:

5 or 6 drops should be sufficient <3 But if your skin's oily I recommend a drier oil like grapeseed or hazelnut.

Oil massaging works for me... slightly. Yes, plugs came out, but they fill back up again. I do it once every 3 days and steam my face afterwards ^^

And milk? Haven't heard of that :unsure: I'm pretty sure celebrities weren't referring to milk because you know... hormone-free milk isn't exactly easy to find in China LMAO. Maybe they're talking about milky toners/cleansers? Like the cleanser/toner itself is clear but turns milky and white when you apply it on your face? Boscia cleansing oils do that :lol:

I HATE MY BROKEN CAPILLARIES AKJSHFAKLSHF

Yes!! I love those stickers but one time, I had the hole open b.c the plug came out and I slapped a sticker on but then the next day the hole got inflamed and swollen, there was gross white pus inside of it.....there was white stuff on the sticker too but I had a huge white pus filled acne ball on my face TT-TT......so I can't use the stickers on my holes. 

I have been doing that but I am lazy and that takes too much effort sometimes.................haha I am such a lazy bum  :hurr:

Well, I use olive oil to remove my eye makeup, and then I use this since it can remove the other makeup, like foundation, I use along with it since you're not supposed to keep that on your face. 

6802810_320x385.jpg

I'm gonna go against Niki's grain here :lol:

I wouldn't recommend any scrubs at all. If your skin is sensitive, physical exfoliants are the worst way to go. Chemical exfoliants are way better (but most of the high-performing ones are quite expensive). If you can handle menthol, stridex may work for you. Start with the green box and work up to the red box (or just use the one in the red box once every 3 days until your skin adjusts). It has salicylic acid, which is BHA.

I wouldn't recommend benzoyl peroxide at all if you have sensitive skin. It's extremely drying. 

As for AHA exfoliants, I love the Olay resurfacing elixir. It is fragrance and oil free (and has no alcohol I think) so it should be fine on your skin. My skin breaks out at a lot of things but this works amazing on me :ahmagah:

I would also recommend you getting a mask. My favorite is REN glyco lactic mask, but it is expensive. It does wonders for my skin though - it lightened my acne scars significantly.

I was looking for a gentle exfoliant for my daughter that has problem skin and I found the St. Ives exfoliating pads with AHA. They are only $4 for 60 so I bought some, we'll see how they work. She already uses a lotion with salicylic acid so I didn't want to over do it with the Stridex pads although she has used them in the past. 

I love AmazonPrime, other things I have coming are Shiseido Perfect Whip cleanser, Daiso Charcoal peel off mask, and for me The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing foam. (and hair color since I have several new grey hairs popping up  :cry: )

How frequently should clay masques be used?

Depends on your skin type. If you've got oily or combination skin, you can use them more than a person with dry skin since they draw out oils. 

Depends on your skin type. If you've got oily or combination skin, you can use them more than a person with dry skin since they draw out oils.

I've got combo.

I've got combo.

In that case, I'd recommend you use a clay mask once every 3 days :)

5 or 6 drops should be sufficient <3 But if your skin's oily I recommend a drier oil like grapeseed or hazelnut.

Oil massaging works for me... slightly. Yes, plugs came out, but they fill back up again. I do it once every 3 days and steam my face afterwards ^^

And milk? Haven't heard of that :unsure: I'm pretty sure celebrities weren't referring to milk because you know... hormone-free milk isn't exactly easy to find in China LMAO. Maybe they're talking about milky toners/cleansers? Like the cleanser/toner itself is clear but turns milky and white when you apply it on your face? Boscia cleansing oils do that :lol:

I HATE MY BROKEN CAPILLARIES AKJSHFAKLSHF

Dude my nose is covered with broken capillaries TT-TT, I heard that using the St. Ives exfoliating pads help but I don't see how it would help remove broken capillaries. Do you know any ways to get rid of them except for laser surgerys? 

Okay so I was thinking about doing the oil massage thing in this order: first do a mud/clay mask to draw the gunk out of my skin, dry face, massage face with jojoba oil for 2-3 minutes and then rinse, then using a foaming face wash....I cleanse my face. And what does steaming the face do? And do you just pour hot water in a bowl and put your face over it or do you actually have one of those fancy steamers?  :derp:  Sorry about all the questions, I am changing up my skincare routine since it is almost winter now and also my main concerns now are clogged pores, and acne marks.  :hurr:  Help Sensi~ 

Well, I use olive oil to remove my eye makeup, and then I use this since it can remove the other makeup, like foundation, I use along with it since you're not supposed to keep that on your face. 

6802810_320x385.jpg

So wait do you cleanse your oil face with olive oil before using this face wash? And does the face wash remove even waterproof makeup???  :ahmagah:

Hey guys so I recently started washing my face with organic honey in the mornings and OMG I AM SO IN LOVE :chu: !! It isn't sticky at all and it makes my skin feel so soft!! I just wet my face and use like 1/2 tablespoon of honey in the palms of my hands and just wash my face with it. Sometimes, I live it on my face for 2-3 minutes and wash it off and it helps moisturize and brighten it a bit. I have oily skin and it could be b.c the weather here as been pretty nice but my skin produces less oil these days. You guys should try it out but just FYI use only ORGANIC HONEY, it doesn't matter if the honey is all natural you need to use organic since that means that the bees aren't sprayed with pesticide and it is better for your skin and the honeybees. Also I use cold water to wash the honey off and to wet my face b.c I feel that sometimes hot water and even warm water makes my face kinda red and dehydrated a bit and since the honey has moisturizing properties I just use cold water. Also I only wash my face with honey in the morning because at night I have too much stuff on my face that pure honey can't take off (ex: sunblock, make-up, etc.).

I am also thinking about trying Manuka Honey since it is supposed to be even better for your skin!! But let me know what you guys think of this honey cleanser!!  :smile: 

Dude my nose is covered with broken capillaries TT-TT, I heard that using the St. Ives exfoliating pads help but I don't see how it would help remove broken capillaries. Do you know any ways to get rid of them except for laser surgerys? 

Okay so I was thinking about doing the oil massage thing in this order: first do a mud/clay mask to draw the gunk out of my skin, dry face, massage face with jojoba oil for 2-3 minutes and then rinse, then using a foaming face wash....I cleanse my face. And what does steaming the face do? And do you just pour hot water in a bowl and put your face over it or do you actually have one of those fancy steamers?  :derp:  Sorry about all the questions, I am changing up my skincare routine since it is almost winter now and also my main concerns now are clogged pores, and acne marks.  :hurr:  Help Sensi~ 

So wait do you cleanse your oil face with olive oil before using this face wash? And does the face wash remove even waterproof makeup???  :ahmagah:

Hey guys so I recently started washing my face with organic honey in the mornings and OMG I AM SO IN LOVE :chu: !! It isn't sticky at all and it makes my skin feel so soft!! I just wet my face and use like 1/2 tablespoon of honey in the palms of my hands and just wash my face with it. Sometimes, I live it on my face for 2-3 minutes and wash it off and it helps moisturize and brighten it a bit. I have oily skin and it could be b.c the weather here as been pretty nice but my skin produces less oil these days. You guys should try it out but just FYI use only ORGANIC HONEY, it doesn't matter if the honey is all natural you need to use organic since that means that the bees aren't sprayed with pesticide and it is better for your skin and the honeybees. Also I use cold water to wash the honey off and to wet my face b.c I feel that sometimes hot water and even warm water makes my face kinda red and dehydrated a bit and since the honey has moisturizing properties I just use cold water. Also I only wash my face with honey in the morning because at night I have too much stuff on my face that pure honey can't take off (ex: sunblock, make-up, etc.).

I am also thinking about trying Manuka Honey since it is supposed to be even better for your skin!! But let me know what you guys think of this honey cleanser!!  :smile: 

I only use the olive oil for my eye makeup if I've got any on that day; otherwise, I just use the cleanser.

Yeah, the cleanser will get rid of waterproof makeup, but I wouldn't recommend JUST using that to get rid of makeup because it has a hard time getting rid of ALL of the eye makeup. Like it would get rid of most of it, but you'd still have waterproof mascara and pencil (it probably wouldn't get rid of gel either) eyeliner around your eyes that you'd need to go in with a qtip or something. But I'd never use the cleanser THAT close to your eyes.

Yeah, I'd recommend manuka or raw more than organic.

I use manuka honey and I use it at night :lol: When I have the time in the mornings, I try to do an oatmeal mask. Sometimes I also make a green tea and rice flour mask for the evenings but now I'm too lazy so I just use my REN glycolactic mask instead.

St. Ives exfoliating pads contain AHA, which does fade some discoloration and helps the skin cells to surface faster. I haven't tried them myself but I've heard really good things about them.

How often are you planning to use masks? I wouldn't recommend more than twice a week. As for steaming, I actually do it after oil cleansing and before washing my face with a cleanser. just fill a bowl with hot water, cover it with a face towel, and put your face near it. Or submerge the face towel in not as hot water, squeeze out excess, and hold it to sections of your face in 30 second intervals. I then gently wipe my face with the towel and use face wash. Steaming helps to loosen the gunk within your pores. Don't do it too often, though.

I've had relatively not that many acne problem with my skin (lightest shade of tarte bb ceam) but it gets really dry cause it's a mix of sensitive and dry skin! I'm asian mixed with caucasian (I have freckles) and below 21 so I guess I should still be going through puberty or something lol. 

I now have really soft skin that doesn't feel dry and is quite healthy after using clarins white plus (the pink coloured one made of pearls of smth) which works really well from stopping acne outbreaks and yet doesn't dehydrate my skin (like pure mild neutrogena!! I don't recommend it to people with my type of skin cause I don't have oily face and it just sucks my face dry) and now I'm using fresh's rose cleansing foam which is amazing as well plus its soap free and has a lot of hydrating ingredients (good for dry/sensitive skin!)! Paired with anna sui moisturizing lotion in the morning and/or laneige sleeping pack_EX at night  :har:

Edited by kdjjun

I use local raw honey, $9 a quart seems high for honey but cheap for face wash! I usually use it in the morning so I can rinse it off in the shower. You also just reminded me that I have an Innisfree manuka honey sheet mask I need to use.