Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

It is waterproof
Spray one from neutrogena for arms/back/legs + an expensive one from my mom's for my face

I put it once at like 6am then at snack time with the kids (to show the example) around 10:30 then again at snack time at 3:30 (pool is at noon)

And I do use blotting sheets

Then go with goddess's recommendation.

It is waterproof
Spray one from neutrogena for arms/back/legs + an expensive one from my mom's for my face

I put it once at like 6am then at snack time with the kids (to show the example) around 10:30 then again at snack time at 3:30 (pool is at noon)

And I do use blotting sheets

Sab, if you're outside ALL day, you need to be reapplying every two hours. Sunscreen is good for two hours of total sun exposure. I've seen people say that using a primer underneath helps, but your issue might just be the nature of being outside all day.

Is there any reason you don't want to change sunscreens?

regarding sunscreens

do you just look at the SPF or do you check if it has the "PA+++" thing. apparently that means maximum protection or something. i haven't really looked into it, someone just told me

i was looking up sunscreens the other day and Shiseido has that PA+++ on their products 

31ZKy6t-AhL.jpg

however when i went to Sephora (i also checked the Bay) the bottles didn't have it. So I didn't buy...

http://imgur.com/a/MeZa7#0

This might help explain the PA thing to you. PPD is the same thing, it's just what it's called in Europe. PA+++ is equivalent to PPD 8-16.

Sab, if you're outside ALL day, you need to be reapplying every two hours. Sunscreen is good for two hours of total sun exposure. I've seen people say that using a primer underneath helps, but your issue might just be the nature of being outside all day.

Is there any reason you don't want to change sunscreens?

http://imgur.com/a/MeZa7#0

This might help explain the PA thing to you. PPD is the same thing, it's just what it's called in Europe. PA+++ is equivalent to PPD 8-16.

i don't think we have that PPD thing here on product labels in Canada..

i don't think we have that PPD thing here on product labels in Canada..

Is it just PA then, like in the US? I'm not aware of any other naming system for spf...

SPF and PA/PPD are not the same thing. To find out the PPD of a sunscreen, you'll usually have to search online.

What's your daily routine? I find that using a good face wash and moisturizer really cuts down on oil.

I first warm my face up with hot water to open my pores. Then, I use Clean & Clear lemon and papaya cleanser and rinse my face with cold water to close my pores. after, I pat dry my face and put Tony Moly appletox for facial moisterizer.

You can't really stop it, but you can find a good cleanser. Do you put on moisturizer after you cleanse? 

Yes, I use Tony moly appletox. Do you have any other suggestions and recommondations?

I first warm my face up with hot water to open my pores. Then, I use Clean & Clear lemon and papaya cleanser and rinse my face with cold water to close my pores. after, I pat dry my face and put Tony Moly appletox for facial moisterizer.

Pores don't open or close. That's a myth. You might need a new moisturizer and could possibly be dehydrated.

I'm Asian, with oily and troublesome skins. My skin is more on the sensitive side too. Been battling acne ever since forever. Though, I hate lots of oily and spicy food and had minimal intake of water so I think my diet is sabotaging my skin. But lately I drank at least 2litre water every day, and try to maximize intake of fruits and vege and it kinda helps. I'm also highly sensitive to salicylic acid which is weird coz it supposed to aid with acne-clearing.

Currently, Im using Sebamed Clear Face set and it seems to calm down my sensitive skin.

301715.jpg

How good are Tony Moly products? They look really nice, but I'm scared about the scents. :0

By the way, no such thing as a waterproof sunscreen. No matter what the label says.

By the way, no such thing as a waterproof sunscreen. No matter what the label says.

I've already said that...

The key to sunscreen is reapplying liberally (about once every 2-3 hours, and after swimming etc.). It doesn't matter how good of a sunscreen it is, or how high the SPF is. If you apply it just once, it won't do its job throughout the entire day, especially if you're at the beach or something.

hello~ I've been using african black soap (the shea moisture one) along with a moisturizer and medium spf sunscreen... pretty much cleared up any problems I had. tbh tho I think it was the sunscreen I had been using causing the problem. 

but still having trouble with some scars, is there any suggestions for those?  :ohbi:

Does anyone have a moisturizer they swear by?

I recently over-dried my skin using multiple products (cleansers + toners)

and I need a good moisturizer to bring back moisture on my cheeks.

However, I've tried some moisturizers and they've made me break out

so I guess I'm pretty much asking from people with acne prone skin. 

Some info about me:

I have combination skin. 

I mainly break out on my cheeks and occasionally my chin.

My acne is a mix between papules/pustules I guess.

My acne is mild right now (it can get at the cusp of moderate)

My cheeks are pretty sensitive right now but I used to not have sensitive skin at all.

Edited by Kitty Pryde

Some info about me:

I have combination skin. 

My cheeks are pretty sensitive right now but I used to not have sensitive skin at all.

I have been having a lot of luck with aloe. I bought the Aubrey Organics brand because it had the least amount of additives, it has no thickeners and is basically what you would get straight out of the plant. I use it twice a day and it has improved my skin so much. It helps heal blemishes and has an instant soothing effect on inflammation. If you need something more intensive I love Clinique's yellow moisturizer.  

I have been having a lot of luck with aloe. I bought the Aubrey Organics brand because it had the least amount of additives, it has no thickeners and is basically what you would get straight out of the plant. I use it twice a day and it has improved my skin so much. It helps heal blemishes and has an instant soothing effect on inflammation. If you need something more intensive I love Clinique's yellow moisturizer.  

I've used some high percentage aloe vera but that product seems better because it has Vitamin E. I might try it thanks. However, I have heard that aloe vera products are drying for some people and I noticed that when I used a product that had 92% aloe vera. While it reduced inflammation and redness, it just wasn't moisturizing enough. I would definitely recommend aloe vera to people with oily skin because it controlled my oily T-zone.

Clinque's Yellow Moisturizer is expensive and many reviews say that the thing that makes it yellow is comedogenic. :\

Edited by Kitty Pryde

I've used some high percentage aloe vera but that product seems better because it has Vitamin E. I might try it thanks. However, I have heard that aloe vera products are drying for some people and I noticed that when I used a product that had 92% aloe vera. While it reduced inflammation and redness, it just wasn't moisturizing enough. I would definitely recommend aloe vera to people with oily skin because it controlled my oily T-zone.

Clinque's Yellow Moisturizer is expensive and many reviews say that the thing that makes it yellow is comedogenic. :\

A good cheaper option is the Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. 

Is the lemming of Korean make up due to k-pop? Personally, no point paying high fees for drug store when I can find the same products here. I mean not kidding but a lot of the ingredients are the same. What I really like though is Asian bases. Can't use them cause I'm dark skinned but they really know their formulas.

I'm going back to Bare minerals because everyone complimented me. Plus it's such a no fuss product. Edited by Tequila Mockingbird

I just bought FAB Ultra repair moisturizer yesterday and It feels so good to slather it onto my face, very moisturizing but not oily. Anyone else here ever use any product from FAB?

s1459221-main-Lhero.jpg

Some info about me:

I have combination skin. 

I use ole henriksen's sheer transformation. It has helped a lot with my post-acne redness :)

Is the lemming of Korean make up due to k-pop? Personally, no point paying high fees for drug store when I can find the same products here. I mean not kidding but a lot of the ingredients are the same. What I really like though is Asian bases. Can't use them cause I'm dark skinned but they really know their formulas.

I'm going back to Bare minerals because everyone complimented me. Plus it's such a no fuss product.

I personally think that Korean make up is overrated. I have an etude house lipstick and tbh I don't like it. Even revlon lipsticks are better :P I heard innisfree makes good ones though so maybe I'll buy some on my next trip to Asia.

The one thing that I love is the BB cushion. Thank god Target sells Laneige now or else I would go crazy!

Hey all ♥

Can anyone tell me whats the best FACIALmask for oily skin , ive tried a lot of masks but they are not good enough , i just hate my Oily skin so much !! ;'(