Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

I'm using the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, and it's working wonders for me. Every night I mix it with raw apple cider vinegar by Bragg. Afterwards, I wash it off with warm water, I apply Physiogel (my moisturizer) all over my face and a very small amount of Epiduo on affected areas. I wake up with much better skin, idk where this clay has been all my life lol. My acne calmed down in 3-4 days, and the ones that were just about to make its way out died down and disappeared eventually. I've been using it for a week and a few days now.

skin: combination 

make-up: only etude house's sand foundation, but I don't use it regularly

acne: mild. whiteheads, sebaceous filaments, papules, pustules (now I just have very light scars left)

skin: very sensitive 

hours of sleep I typically get: 5-6 hrs

diet: I eat EVERYTHING lol, but I do eat vegetables regularly. 

if you look up reviews of the clay online, majority of its consumers are just as satisfied as I am ilikeitplz.png

did it help you take care of the whiteheads and sebaceous filaments? i have pore problems and whiteheads but i didn't really see the result i wanted so i stopped using it. i had huge expectations for it too :( how often do you use it by the way? it might be my timing with the product, so i just wanna make sure if i had tried it in its best condition and circumstances.

yeah, it did. Do you apply moisturizer after you wash the clay off? because it's really drying, and your skin can try to make up for it by making more oil hence the whiteheads. I get pimples when I'm on my period so when I feel one about to form a head, I apply a bit of the clay on the affected area and leave it overnight, I do this every night before bed until the pimple eventually calms down, then I just use my acne medication. 

I don't apply it all over my face everyday, maybe like every other day or every 2 days. And instructions usually say to leave it on for like 20 minutes, but I wash mine off after leaving it on for an hour. I like the feeling of the clay sucking all the gunk on my face. 

Does anyone here know any good moisturizers/creams with ceramide?

Ever since I've been using facial masks containing ceramide, my acne cleared and my face has been looking so much brighter and clean, but they're quite pricey so i was thinking of switching to a moisturizer instead...

If anyone replies... thank you!

i don't use it personally, but i've heard good things about the HOLIKA HOLIKA GOOD CERA series. maybe check them out?

Thank you very much. I'll look it up!

skin type: acne-prone, combination

complexion: fair/light beige undertone 

i gave up on foaming cleansers. they do not work for me. they make my face feel "clean" after a wash but they don't really remove anything! after i started using cleansing oil + the krave matcha hemp hydrating cleanser, i saw significant improvements. i only get a pimple or two when i am nearing my period (but they're much easier to treat now) and my skin feels so much softer and supple. the cleanser makes your skin feel moisturized and the ingredients help kill acne and lighten scars. also very very very safe. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

and this saved me too:

spacer.png

i use the orange one (because the green is always out of stock where i'm from) and it's soooooo great. it's a moisturizer with spf 30 AND has a tint to it so it actually covers (light) acne scars like a foundation (!!!) but it doesn't clog pores. my face cleared up after i stopped using foaming cleansers so i don't really need to apply foundation/concealer. i just put this on and i'm DONE. i think the downside of this product is the price, but it's actually one of the expensive products that DO work. the waso line in general is really good, from the products themselves down to the packaging.