Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nekci

The Official Skincare Thread (Read the OP)

Does anyone here have experiences in dealing with hormonal acne? I don't know how rare my case is, but I have never had acne until I turn 20, and the areas where pimples break loose are only my forehead and chin. Sometimes my forehead is very clear, but on my chin the disgusting-looking pimples never go away. They remain small bumps and make the skin area around my lips terribly red all the time. Even though I take very good care of my skin and my body, those standard treatments that do wonder to most people (facial washing, drinking lots of water, get enough sleep, eat vegetable and fruits) don't help me at all. Not to mention that I'm very biologically vulnerable to break out should I try to eat something skin-damaging, even a bag of chips. 

I know green tea is good with dealing with hormonal acne. Hormonal acne is caused by androgens, and drinking green tea reduces the amount of androgens your body produces. It's typical for people with hormonal acne to break out along the jaw line.

http://youtu.be/ErztOHMHhhs

There's also the Chinese girl in the OP that has a video on hormonal acne. 

http://youtu.be/qBvAIPEBRwo

If you're a girl, it gets really bad during periods most of the time. Also, if you're on birth control, it might screw up your skin too because it deals with hormones and everything. 

Ironically my pimples are unaffected by green tea, whether I drink it or using treatment product from tea tree; it even makes my skin hot sometimes. 

I thought birth control pill is actually good for your hormones. because it raises estrogen level? Some people reported their zits break loose after they stop using pills like idk. I'm currently using evening primose oil capsules to maintain hormonal balance; it seems to improve a little bit, but the following day after I had a cup of coffee my skin gets red and bumpy again. I am so jealous of people who can eat whatever they want or sleep late. (Once I pull an all-nighter for my essay; my chin become a trash land.)

How long have you been keeping up with the green tea regimen?

It can be in some cases. I really wouldn't wanna screw with hormones though. 

Sorry, I haven't really dealt with hormonal acne, so my knowledge is really limited.

Not for long, because my skin doesn't like chemical products, so I don't usually anything on my skin except moisturizer. Not even makeup; I always go bare-faced.

I already knew everything I have to know about hormonal acne but just want to see if there is anyone here who has made real success with treating hormonal acne. Thanks anyway!

What? I mean like constantly drinking tea. Do you wash your face at all? You don't use ANY kind of regimen?

LOL i thought you were referring to tea tree skin care products. Of course I do drink tea and wash my face everyday, but it doesn't help.

The thing is, I have a mild case (I hope) of liver stones so maybe that's why my liver is not very good at detoxifying; hence, all the pimples. 

ive tried almost everything and the only thing that worked was accutane. but i don't recommend it. if you can avoid it, then good.

How dangerous is accutane? I am very cautious about going on medication now for fear of messing up my skin even more.

I have read somewhere that blackheads and whiteheads can be treated with fairly simple methods, like face washing, moisturizing or using natural antiseptics, and that sounds like the mild cases of acne most people here have. But has anyone have experiences dealing with papules and pustules, or inflammatory lesions? Because they aren't just cased by dirt on your skin; they come from poor health and diet. In other words, they come from within and can't be treated by what you put on your face or paying a visit to a dermatologist. But even after knowing that and setting up a healthy diet for myself for a while, nothing changes. (I'm utterly depressed at times to the point I only go out after sunset to avoid having my skins seen in daylight).

Sign in to follow this